WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has not spoken to mother since monday only attorney

You've got a sick child, you're on your way to the doctor with him, and you LEAVE your phone and purse at home?? That makes NO sense whatsoever!!!

I know...no insurance card, identification, nothing? Does not make sense at all.

This is all adding up to one big, smelly, rotten fish.

Another so called mother who is more concerned about her own rights then finding her baby. Oh right, she knows where her baby is.

Found medications at apartment but they do not know if she is taking them now or has been

I am telling you guys.... she left those kids alone on tuesday 1 november for 11-12 hours how did she keep them from leaving the apartment? I am thinking a whole lock more wacky stuff is gonna come out!!!!!

no one has seen sky in two weeks + 1 november she was at an 11 hour mediation= kids left alone for an extended period of time A L O N E

I want to go find me a teevee brick.....

Talk about "where there's a hink there must be a stink"

Thanks Teh!

Police Chief
Thanks the press and all the agencies that are assisting in this investigation.
Sky is still missing.
Investigative priorities for today: Examination of the vehicle very thoroughly, all details will be provided. Want to continue polygraphs. Hoping those closest to Julia and Sky will volunteer to take
Several polygraphs scheduled for today.
No hot leads, but lots of leads that are there to be followed on.

Answers to questions:
Found DNA at mom's apartment, Sky's apartment and in the car. Want to eliminate the people that were supposed to be there. Need to match people up with the DNA they found. Julia's friend seems to be cooperative, she called 911 and seemed incredulous with Julia's decisions.
4-year old: used experts that interview children as a profession, someone from the FBI. The girl told them that her brother was in the car with them that morning. Not what they expected to hear.
Doesn't know about the cadaver dog.
Julia has allowed them to maintain custody of the apartment on a consent basis, which helps.
Our search of that apartment led to the collection of evidence.
We don't intend to do an additional search of the apartment unless evidence leads them to go back.
Julia still hasn't taken a polygraph.
She has an attorney. Contact is made through her atty. Never had trouble reaching her, she's responded to every question they ask, whether they like the answer they hear is neither here nor there.
Julia is devastated and is in no condition to take a polygraph according to the attorney.
Small group of 5-7 folks that they need to test for DNA elimination. ?
When you hear this story that mom has told you have to scratch your head and wonder why. This kid was sick and he was on the way to the hospital. Forget that and why would you leave a two year old in the car. Why would you leave a sick two year old in the car.
In answer to a question about a cell phone, she told them she had difficulty finding anyone to help her.

Indications are the last time anyone saw Sky, a resident in the apartment home that saw the three of them two weeks ago. They were suspicious if he was even in the car to begin with. The daughter corroborated the story saying he was in the car wrapped in a blanket. “That's what she told us”.

Facebook: Social media is an important part of any investigation and he can't comment on anything they've found but they are looking at it.

It's a huge apartment complex over 200 homes, compiled a list of literally every person that lives there, but he's talked to most of them and none of them have seen Sky within the last 2 weeks, but he believes that they have seen the daughter. He has to confirm that.

Mine froze so I'm reloading it. Missed a bit.

What he believes is irrelevant. We have to assume he is alive until they know otherwise.
Julie utilized daycare services in the Redmond area when the children were smaller. All these centers have said it's been weeks or months since they've seen the child.

Julia went with detectives Sunday night and drove the route and said she went from point A to B to C . They are looking at video evidence to corroborate but they haven't found any yet.
Looking at the mediation decision.
The uncertainty bothers him the most. We like to believe the best and fear the worst but they have more questions than answers.

The reports about the mental condition and her history and the divorce proceedings are things they are diving into now they have had other priorities. Doesn't feel comfortable commenting on that.

She's been honest that she's left the children alone. Not going to talk specifically about when and where and how long but she's made some questionable choices in regards to leaving those children home alone. Extended periods of time. He doesn't want to say when, or go down that road at the moment.

She sent an email to a friend that morning that the child was sick. That's the only piece of evidence they have to support the claim that Sky was sick.
Julia and her children led a very reclusive life style. And no, it wasn't uncommon for them to not be seen for periods of time.
He can get more info about what was wrong with Sky but doesn't know off the top of his head.

I won't make any secret about the fact that the people that were close to Sky and Julia are the ones that know what happened to Sky. If we have their cooperation, we'll have the answers we need.

The interview with the 4 year old was very very frustrating. They got no answers, not answers that were contradictory. Very very little information from the interview. Noone told him they had the impression the girl was coached.

If we find something about the car that contradicts Julia's claim that it ran out of gas and stopped functioning, we'll want to talk to her about that.
Talked to members of her congregation and close friends, but haven't heard any “aha moments” or hot leads from them.

Briefing again at 3:30 when they will tell more about (a question I missed.)
Left cell phone and purse at home in her apartment.
No concerns about timeline that morning, just concerns about decisions.

At some point, we'll be anxious to interview Julia again. We're hoping she'll cooperate and take a polygraph. She's obviously distraught over the appearance of her son. All of their questions have been answered through the attorney. When we have more substantial questions to ask Julia, we'll ask for a sit down interview.

We're just being respectful of Julia's wishes for her to communicate through her attorney.

Julia's mom has been very cooperative. It's been a while since the grandma has seen them. He'll get more about that at 3:30.
Found some medication at the apartment. Don't know if she's taking them now.

I think the bombshell of the day really is that the people closest to Julia know what happened. This is a very strong statement, and I don't think he would have stated it on merely a hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy