Baby Lisa's half brothers being interviewed Nov. 10

Not allowing the DNA swabs seems nonsensical. What is the point, other than seem uncooperative? If the police have got DNA from the parents they can probably figure out whose DNA is whose anyway since there is a parental relationship.

Not allowing the DNA swabs seems nonsensical. What is the point, other than seem uncooperative? If the police have got DNA from the parents they can probably figure out whose DNA is whose anyway since there is a parental relationship.

I know and who in the world would be uncooperative with LE when looking for their child?Such a sad day for the boys with her birthday tomorrow.

Thank you so much!....now, where is the refresh button?

Just got here, so you may already know. If you are using a Windows based operating system (I know nothing about Mac, Linux), push the F5 key on your keyboard.

How slowly this works can depend on a lot of things. If the Websleuths server is busy, which it may have been last night, if your internet connection is slow, or just your computer is older and slower. I have had a 3 issues, and there is nothing to be done in any of the scenarios to speed things up.

What is so confusing to me is that it definitely seems as tho many have totally disregarded that the 2 boys have already been interviewed once by specialized professionals in speaking to children.. One son for 50 mins and one son for 30mins.. Therefor since a specialized professional has already once interviewed each of these young boys they are already going to have the absolute majority of these boys knowledge about the night's events.. This is very well documented and these interviews took place on October the 4th.. Literally within hours of their sister's disappearance when the events were extremely fresh and clear in their minds.. Again done by specialized professional who would have known in a nano second if these boys had been coached in any way
Prior to(for those who think Deb may have done a speedy brainwash in those couple hours even tho they were likely in the presence of investigators the entire short minutes or hours between her disappearance And the boys being questioned).. IMO obviously there was no sign of coaching as we know Young was thoroughly pleased with their cooperation and interviews for the several days that followed these boys first interviews..

My point that makes it so important to acknowledge these interviews with these boys on Oct 4th is that if these boys were to come in with whole new memories and added details and/or different "stories" than what they told on Oct 4th.. Well quite obviously this would be known IMMEDIATELY!! this is no moron conducting these interviews just as it was no moron that conducted the boys first interviews.. IMO it's not realistic in the least to suggest these boys could have been coached to give new stories of the night in question..lol.. Especially when they've already got documented the boys very own personal Accts of that night's events that the boys gave in their interviews with a specialized professional mere hours after the disAppearance..*shrug*

It does seem nonsensical. Maybe they are people who are in fear of having their children's DNA on record? IDK if anyone here has met anyone like that, but I've met plenty.

I cannot imagine a reason an attorney would tell them not to do it, they may tell them it is not a mandatory requirement, but never not to do it all, as it is a voluntary procedure.

Then again, we could be receiving more misinformation, IDK and it is frustrating.

SmoothOperator, I think the police may have had other questions they wanted to ask the children, about things that have developed during the investigation. It seems likely to me that the immediate interviews are the most accurate about their recollection of the events of the night, coached or not, and I don't think they usually like it in a trial if the children are interviewed over and over again about the same stuff and finally get them to change the story because it could be suggestive of the interviewer feeding the new story to them.

I imagine since they talked to the boys at the beginning,and LE knows so much more now,they would have different questions to ask them.At first they were going by DB's first account of that night,but then it changed,was that before or after they interviewed the boys?Plus another person talking to the women on the porch that night,did he go in the house,did anyone pick up the phone,did someone other than DB use the bathroom,get water,etc.

I am not keen on these interviews. Once was enough, I think. It is not good to place too much responsibility on children of this age. And they will feel responsible if they can't help to find their baby sister.

I know and who in the world would be uncooperative with LE when looking for their child?Such a sad day for the boys with her birthday tomorrow.

I'm sure it will be a VERY sad day for mom and dad too -- and all family/friends.

In a child's world, a month is an eternity. I don't know that they'd remember much after this much time has passed.

I am not keen on these interviews. Once was enough, I think. It is not good to place too much responsibility on children of this age. And they will feel responsible if they can't help to find their baby sister.

I agree. I doubt they could get much useful information after this length of time, especially from the younger one. Kids that age are sometimes not really aware of things going on around them. They are not going to remember things accurately after so many weeks have passed anyway.

But yet they were filmed at Halloween,showing their faces.

Halloween was a time when they were in costume and getting candy. What kid doesn't like that?

Being questioned for a second time about your missing baby sister is a whole different scenario. Counseling, hugs and lots of love will help. I feel for those boys and their entire family.

The Impact of DNA Databases on Privacy

http://academic.udayton.edu/health/05bioethics/00rooker.htm

Not everyone is interested in being in a DNA database; their reticence may be religious, societal or just personal choice.

A police spokesman described the development a "baby step," saying detectives still want to test the boys for DNA and bring in both parents for new interviews.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...iew-half-brothers-of-lisa-irwin#ixzz1dNWpbrFg

Whaaaaat?? They still haven't allowed that simple, easy, non-intrusive DNA swab?

WHY?????

Don't you want them to be able to eliminate the family members' DNA and move further in identifying the intruder's DNA among all the other traces?

If the boys did go to their grandparents' home to spend the night, it is a good indication that they weren't upset or traumatized in any manner. If their parents' thought they were in need of comforting, I doubt they would have sent them for a sleep-over anywhere else but with them.

It remains to be seen if they had any useful information to share but I'm sure that, years down the road (no matter the fate of Baby Lisa), they will be bolstered by the fact that they had participated in helping to find her.

Weighing the scales of upsetting the emotions of Baby Lisa's half-brothers against her own imminent danger and life, I must say my scales tip heavily in favor of saving Lisa! Let us leave no stone unturned. Get those dna swabs right now.

The DNA thing really bothers me.....that should be no big deal, but yet they are making it one.

The DNA thing really bothers me.....that should be no big deal, but yet they are making it one.

Possibly paternity issues? Maybe JI never did paternity tests regarding his two children. Some fathers don't want to know for sure.

In a child's world, a month is an eternity. I don't know that they'd remember much after this much time has passed.

My DD was just shy of 4 when she entered our lives as a foster child. It was a very important day in all of our lives. She is now almost 7 and she can tell you:

EXACTLY what she wore that day as well as what the rest of us wore
What she had for lunch that day (Cheeseburger Happy Meal from McD's)
That my pregnant niece and her son and I took her to the mall that day-that she and her cousins talked us into renting the little car/strollers, that they played in the little play land and that I bought her some girlie things from Claire's.
She remembers details about what was said that day and all that weekend. Who she met, what her room looked like, where we went that entire weekend, EVERYTHING!!!
And NOT from me coaching her. For example, if the subject comes up, she will be sure to correct me if my memory fails me on something and she usually proves me wrong.

In my opinion, those 2 boys do remember and will ALWAYS remember every single sound, sight and smell from the day their little sister went missing from their home.

JMO

There are only a couple of reasons for not allowing the DNA swab of the boys.
Either one is not reason enough when a baby is missing. It's illogical IMO to think otherwise.

Possibly paternity issues? Maybe JI never did paternity tests regarding his two children. Some fathers don't want to know for sure.

Well we did have DB's dad saying LE told JI he wasn't Lisa's dad..........you may be right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back