Penn State's athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child sex case

Status
Not open for further replies.
To reinforce what angelmom said. These aren't kids who got dealth the best cards. That's a plus for pedophiles. They are at risk youth which means for some dang reason they had to be seperated from family.

A long time ago? For the survivors/victims of child sexual abuse it happened yesterday, last week, and suddenly 100 years ago. It pops up in every aspect in your life even when you don't realize it. You question yourself over and over.

It could be they didn't have parents physically or psychologically. Who are you going to tell? Who will believe you over a man that has a bajillion dollar outreach program that helps o many kids? How would it go over your alcoholic daddy decides to take on someone like Sandusky? How will your cleaning woman mommy stand on a mountain against someone like that guy? Why even tell if you had the language to what happened to you? That's if you don't second guess your little 10 year old self?

The blame belongs right where it belongs. On Sandusky. Unless we live the lives of these parents and their kids we can't fathom.

As usual a pedophile chooses his victims very carefully. If he wasn't going to a third world country to prey on kids why not prey on those who are flippin dirt poor here? Poor kids who they now give gifts, education and and a better "taste" of life to?

So well said!!

Ron Pavlechko coached McQueary at State College High, a Class AAAA school that has sent a number of players to Penn State over the years, including sons of Penn State coaches. Mr. McQueary is two years older than Jon Sandusky, the son of Jerry Sandusky; the two were teammates in high school and at Penn State. Jon Sandusky is the director of player personnel for the Cleveland Browns, but took a leave of absence from that job Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11313/1188543-298.stm#ixzz1dN0nbr44

Red by me.

Can you imagine having to deal with your father in a time like this. I feel horrible for him. I bet his dad never attacked him and he never knew about it.

These incidents happened a long time ago. Where have the parents been? In a case involving a coach of a University, you would think their story would be worth something to the media. Nothing, including a prosecutor, would have kept me from shouting on a mountain...THIS MAN abused my child!!!
1977 – Jerry Sandusky founds The Second Mile. It begins as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys and grows into a charity dedicated to helping children with absent or dysfunctional families.

The students know nothing of Sandusky...he was not part of their world. This is not of their making. College and its athletics are part of campus life. They want things to be status quo. I can't fault them for being upset...they just need to find more productive ways to express themselves. They supposedly have canceled "Occupy Penn State" and have organized a recognition of child abuse victims at Saturday's game.

I understand this is not their making, and I understand athletics are a part of campus life. I have kids that are of that age and they are sickened by this. All these students (that were shown on TV) care about is the game. Period. These kids grew up with programs that taught them "good touching and bad touching" so they know what this is about. I fault them for their behavior. Just look the other way and pretend nothing happened. Status quo. On with the game. Right.

1977 – Jerry Sandusky founds The Second Mile. It begins as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys and grows into a charity dedicated to helping children with absent or dysfunctional families.

This man is so disgusting. And those that knew and did nothing should face charges.

To reinforce what angelmom said. These aren't kids who got dealth the best cards. That's a plus for pedophiles. They are at risk youth which means for some dang reason they had to be seperated from family.

A long time ago? For the survivors/victims of child sexual abuse it happened yesterday, last week, and suddenly 100 years ago. It pops up in every aspect in your life even when you don't realize it. You question yourself over and over.

It could be they didn't have parents physically or psychologically. Who are you going to tell? Who will believe you over a man that has a bajillion dollar outreach program that helps o many kids? How would it go over your alcoholic daddy decides to take on someone like Sandusky? How will your cleaning woman mommy stand on a mountain against someone like that guy? Why even tell if you had the language to what happened to you? That's if you don't second guess your little 10 year old self?

The blame belongs right where it belongs. On Sandusky. Unless we live the lives of these parents and their kids we can't fathom.

As usual a pedophile chooses his victims very carefully. If he wasn't going to a third world country to prey on kids why not prey on those who are flippin dirt poor here? Poor kids who they now give gifts, education and and a better "taste" of life to?

Very well said, Filly. Nice seeing you again. Hope all is well.

I keep thinking there should be something good to come out from under the slime of this horrible news about Sandusky and the officials at Penn State.

Maybe it's the realization that we all are to be in charge of stopping these people who prey on children sexually, physically and mentally.

I'd like to tell of an incident that happened a few years ago at a large shopping mall, in my town. A mall partically popular with children 10 and up.

Outside a few gaming places and near the food court, there was an assembly of machines, the old gum ball type, where each machine offered a different color or flavor of gum. The machines were stacked into rows on top of another. They were very popular with the children since there wasn't much money involved to use them.

As my husband and I stood there trying to decide if we should get something from the food court, I noticed a guy in his early 30s climb up and sit straddled on one of the gum machines.

As he sat there, children had to reach between his legs to use a machine. I didn't like the looks of what I was seeing. I decided I was going over and pull him down. My husband suggested I look for a mall cop and tell him my objection.

Almost instantly, I spotted a mall cop. When I told him what was going on with the guy sitting there and how I thought it was inapproprate, he looked at me as if I were crazy. He even said "Lady, I think you're jumping to conclusions."

I had to physically push the mall cop over to get the man off the machines. It helped to tell the mall cop either he did it, or I was going over and yank that scum down.

In a few moments the mall cop took the guy away from the area.

I didn't even stop to think of whether I would be in trouble if I confronted this man. I really knew my husband would have stepped in to help anyway. And in the long run, it would not have mattered to me if this bum sitting on the machines tried to say I was wrong or took legal action against me. Hey folks, I'd rather error on the side of safety.

Anyway, I have not told this story to brag about myself. This wasn't about me. It was about the children and what I preceived as a problem for them. He should not have been sitting upon the machines, spreading his legs.

Hopefully the exposure this Penn State crime will receive and the task each of us will have to face, as we discuss why no one did anything to stop this, will make us all see we each have a duty to step forward when we see something we believe is wrong or threatening. If only it can work out that way.

just my O

So Sandusky's abusive activities may have been going on since 1977. It doesn't seem likely that his criminal sexual practices just began in 1998.

I do hope LE and the state Atty General's office fully investigates Sandusky's involvement with The Second Mile, from day one.

JMO

This man is so disgusting. And those that knew and did nothing should face charges.

No doubt in my mind there are people who worked for that Pedophile Playpen that knew what was going on and there are more people at Penn State that knew what was going on and I pray these new victims will come out and name them.

So Sandusky's abusive activities may have been going on since 1977. It doesn't seem likely that his criminal sexual practices just began in 1998.

I do hope LE and the state Atty General's office fully investigates Sandusky's involvement with The Second Mile, from day one.

JMO

The earliest one, so far, was 1996.

This mess is even driving up the Vegas betting line for the game on Saturday against Nebraska. The line first came out on Monday with Nebraska as a 2 1/2 point favorite. The line has climbed to 4, at present, and could go higher by game time.

All I can say is GO CORNHUSKERS! I'm not in the frame of mind to hear any "Win one for Ole Joe" bs out of Penn State.
But how about for the students? If my kid was at school there, I'd like for them to have something to look forward to on Saturday. Should they be punished too?

I agree, but I'm talking about the mother who did come forward.
Unfortunately, predators will always prey. It happens in even the best communities unfortunately.

This Predator would not have picked your child to rape. He groomed them he checked out their family life, he knew who to attack after much research.
...and we know this how? I'm not saying he didn't, but has this been reported somewhere? I haven't read the gj indictment...can you steer me that way? TIA

Wear white to support Joe? Whiskey tango foxtrot so the football program is dividing the pervs From the victims? Then I call bull and say the whole kit and kaboodle bunch of that football program needs to go! Years ago I had a cousin that went to Penn SU, it was 27,000.00 a semester! Dang near 20 years ago! This whole thing is just sickening. totally.
White outs are generally the rule...wearing blue would have been "different". I think the kids should decide what they want to wear...heck they usually do anyway.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...rs-player-fan-safety-penn-state-nittany-lions

I actually feel sorry for the fans and players of Nebraska who are in town for the game this weekend. Hopefully the added security will be able to keep things under control.

.......and you have NO IDEA how hard it is for me to say the words "feel sorry for Nebraska fans"!!!!!!!!
Not to worry...I'm sure they'll have fun...and hopefully keep the taunting civil.
Hey, that's a long way to go for a football game. Not an easy trip either.

But how about for the students? If my kid was at school there, I'd like for them to have something to look forward to on Saturday. Should they be punished too?

Huh? I have nothing against the students. I'd like for them to have something to look forward to on Saturday myself.

A defeat of more than 4 points by the Nebraska Cornhuskers. :rocker:

I'm a woman and I'm also the same age as Sandusky.. I could have and would have stopped him...on the spot... I carry pepper spray...JMHO

I don't have pepper spray, but I am menopausal and hormonal rage beats pepper spray every time.

Are sexual offenders and sexually violent predators allowed to live near a school, park, daycare center, etc?

A: Pennsylvania’s Megan’s Law does not restrict where a sexual offender or sexually violent predator may reside. However, an offender may be restricted from residing near a school, park, daycare center, etc. under one of the following circumstances:
  • The sexual offender or sexually violent predator is under the supervision of a federal, state, or county department of probation or parole and there are specific restrictions designating where the sexual offender or sexually violent predators may reside.
  • The sexual offender or sexually violent predator resides in one of several municipalities in Pennsylvania that have enacted an ordinance which restricts where a sexual offender or sexually violent predator may reside. Members of the public may contact the municipality in question to inquire as to the existence of such an ordinance.
  • The sexual offender or sexually violent predator is under specific court ordered restrictions designating where the sexual offender or sexually violent predators may reside or who the offender may have contact with.

...and we know this how? I'm not saying he didn't, but has this been reported somewhere? I haven't read the gj indictment...can you steer me that way? TIA

I think he's trying to say that the kids he attacked came from broken homes and had very little guidance in their lives. They are the most vulnerable victims.

I don't have pepper spray, but I am menopausal and hormonal rage beats pepper spray every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708