MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A thread for MSM articles published today, 11/11/11.

Please keep commentary related to these articles only, and take more detailed discussion to a new or existing thread.

Happy first birthday Baby Lisa--let's hope today is the day you come home safe! :heartbeat:

"I'm not saying they're not cooperating," he said. "They have met some of our needs. What I've been talking about specifically is sitting down, separate from each other, to be interviewed by detectives. In regard to that, no, that hasn't happen since the 8th of October."

The family did bring the two sons to the police department Thursday to be interviewed about what they saw the night Lisa disappeared, Officer Darin Snapp said. Bradley and Irwin had earlier resisted allowing the interviews because they said they didn't want the boys to be traumatized by investigators, but police ensured they would be questioned by experts who specialize in dealing with children.

Joe Tacopina, the New York attorney representing the parents, declined Thursday to comment on the boys' interviews but suggested he would issue a statement about the case Friday. Tacopina has said neither the family nor attorneys would be doing any more media interviews so that they could focus on the search for Lisa.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-hunt-kansas-city-baby-steam-14926077

Joe Tacopina on:

Family going to deal with today privately>
On interview with boys- not privy to what was said
We think everything went fine with interview -
Family has been cooperative - met with LE 5 times - total of 19 hours
Said LE told DB early on (when attorney O'brien representing them)they had new evidence about Lisa's whereabouts and to come to station, but they did not have any new info and just interrogated her again and accused her again
Said LE has never told them what questions they want answered
Said viable leads out there that aren't being followed (Jersey, man walking with baby, blob video, dumpster fire with clothes, 11:57 call from DB's phone to MW)

Joe Tacopina on:

Said LE told DB early on (when attorney O'brien representing them)they had new evidence about Lisa's whereabouts and to come to station, but they did not have any new info and just interrogated her again and accused her again
Said viable leads out there that aren't being followed (Jersey, man walking with baby, blob video, dumpster fire with clothes, 11:57 call from DB's phone to MW)

BBM Why should LE submit a list of questions they want answered? Two reasons I can think of; to allow the parents to practice their answers and to give the DT a heads up on their possible defense strategy. Neither of which makes sense to me if the parents have Lisa's best interest at heart.
MOO

Well, I suppose there is one way of finding out what questions LE wants answered. Go and have the interview.

Joe Tacopina on:

BBM
When he uses the word accuse, I can see a possibility there. I can see a situation where the detective would be like 'cmon, you know where the baby is don't you?' 'Why don't you tell us and save us all a lot of time?'

Joe Tacopina on:

Thanks to everyone for reporting on this, I just cannot listen to him. Typical defense attorney spin, especially the last sentence. :banghead:

Why would any LE tell them ahead of time what questions they want answered???

Either he just makes things up because he doesn't know or he's trying to plant reasonable doubt.

JMHO

If they didn't get what they wanted in the 19 hours of questioning, I'm not sure what more they can answer.

Would LE actually show their cards at this stage when they have an attorney? I think not.

So now it's 19 hours? Before it was said to be 11 hours, and then 40 hours. *sigh*

If they didn't get what they wanted in the 19 hours of questioning, I'm not sure what more they can answer.

Would LE actually show their cards at this stage when they have an attorney? I think not.

LE wants to interview them separately.

BBM
When he uses the word accuse, I can see a possibility there. I can see a situation where the detective would be like 'cmon, you know where the baby is don't you?' 'Why don't you tell us and save us all a lot of time?'

DB admitted she was accused. They even went as far as telling her Lisa was dead and showed her burnt clothing.

Wasn't that all in the very beginning, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it said that they were questioned for 11 hours at one sitting in the very beginning?

Lots changed since those first days of questioning and it's DB who changed it.

I sure can understand the need for more questions and the need to question them about it seperately.

JMHO

So now it's 19 hours? Before it was said to be 11 hours, and then 40 hours. *sigh*

I think only LE can truly answer this. Young did say yesterday that he wouldn't characterize the parents as 'un-cooperative' though. (paraphrasing)

Wasn't that all in the very beginning, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it said that they were questioned for 11 hours at one sitting in the very beginning?

Lots changed since those first days of questioning and it's DB who changed it.

I sure can understand the need for more questions.

JMHO

I don't think they are completely ignoring LE now, just not doing something specific that they want (interview separate)

BBM

Well, the way I see it, they gotta ask. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't think that they were doing their job if they didn't.

Well, the way I see it, they gotta ask. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't think that they were doing their job if they didn't.

Right, but I bet that's where the parents think they are being accused with LE. I agree, it's an LE tactic.

From seeing DB doing interviews I feel like she interrupts JI a lot and that could be why they want to interview them separately.. It seems like a really bad habit DB has... Just saying IMO

Possibly, since LE has checked out around 1000 tips, they would have questions about some of the tips they have not been able to clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson