WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below are a few of the pictures that I was talking about. They appear to be in the apartment and if you notice there is a chandelier hanging from the ceiling in the first one. I believe this is the open living room/dining room/kitchen area of the apartment. You can notice things in the pictures that show up in each of the photos. The kids apparently slept in the living room on a mattress on the floor which leads me to think that there was no bedroom for them. This is not a hotel IMO.

IMG_1818 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_1811 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
All sizes | IMG_1805 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

What strikes me in those photos? The toys are sort of laying around staged in one pic. Most of the time especially with a four year old, they are grouped.

The four year old is in one of those highchairs ATTACHED TO A BAR HEIGHT COUNTER and in the background there are stacks of totes taller than me.

There is a floor lamp sitting right next to a toy box. C'mon. All the electrical outlets are uncovered.

Have I mentioned I am a bit OCD about child safety? Everything about her space makes me nervous.

What strikes me in those photos? The toys are sort of laying around staged in one pic. Most of the time especially with a four year old, they are grouped.

The four year old is in one of those highchairs ATTACHED TO A BAR HEIGHT COUNTER and in the background there are stacks of totes taller than me.

There is a floor lamp sitting right next to a toy box. C'mon. All the electrical outlets are uncovered.

Have I mentioned I am a bit OCD about child safety? Everything about her space makes me nervous.

You didn't mention the door. The door leading to outside without any kind of lock that the kids would not be able to open. The door that is in the same room that the kids apparently slept in. See why I have some problems with the severe OCD thing?

Then the stacked things up against the wall. That stack is not stable enough that if one of the kids pulled on one of them it would stay up. I have seen so many photos of the kids sitting on top of counter tops and other furniture that it makes me worry about when they were left alone.

MOO

Looks like an aquarium in the fireplace area? But looks like those cords lead to the entertainment technology overhead, and could be pulled down easily?

MOO

It might be what is sometimes put inside an aquarium to cover the back glass and make it appear more "oceanic". I also noticed the cords and extension cord hanging down. No furniture to put the electronics on? Strange.

:waitasec:

Live event
Bellevue PD press conference
LIVE: Bellevue police holding 10:30 a.m. news conference regarding missing 2-year-old, Sky Metalwala.
Watch live now
www.king5.com

Looks like an aquarium in the fireplace area? But looks like those cords lead to the entertainment technology overhead, and could be pulled down easily?

MOO

If this is their house then she is not OCD... the house is a mess, the paint lines uneven, the television equipment scattered, and the cords all over. IMO

I am hoping JB will speak at some point, I'm almost positive her story (albeit a sad one) will be different than has been portrayed here. IMO

You didn't mention the door. The door leading to outside without any kind of lock that the kids would not be able to open. The door that is in the same room that the kids apparently slept in. See why I have some problems with the severe OCD thing?

Then the stacked things up against the wall. That stack is not stable enough that if one of the kids pulled on one of them it would stay up. I have seen so many photos of the kids sitting on top of counter tops and other furniture that it makes me worry about when they were left alone.

MOO

OCD comes in many forms. OCD out of fear of dust doesn't mean that she has OCD about safety. My cousin had sever OCD about a certain type of pen. The clear Bic pens. He has to have one at all times. If he doesn't have one, or if he loses one while we are out we have to go buy more right that second. No matter what we are doing, or what is going on. If she is afraid of dust, she probably will be more concerned with dust than with the locks on the door. the fact that she leaves her children alone, repeatedly, despite large fines, court ordered classes and community service tells me that she doesn't have much concern with safety.

This morning they focused efforts on recanvassing. Twelve new tips from this morning's search.

He doesn't know specifically what info was gathered, but he will try to find out.

Looking for people who saw Julia and the kids on teh morning of the 6th.

They have to avoid having tunnel vision. They feel confident to date that they have not had tunnel vision.

Julia is much too devastated to speak to LE. That's the info. he has been told by her "camp."

As recently as yesterday they had a 2-3 hour conference call with people associated with a "similar case." (Lisa Irwin was specifically mentioned by the reporter).

Recap of the recanvassing they did yesterday and are doing today:
20 resources out and about. Had 20-30 contacts with vehicles and pedestrians today led to the development of 12 new tips that we'll follow up on

Hope something will spark someone's memory. I don't know specifically what the new information gathered is, but I'll find out.

About the canvassing in Redmond—we're looking to find info about seeing Julia and the kids the morning of the 6th.

We are certainly considering charging Julia with a crime, but we haven't made that decision strategically today.
What I would like to say to Julia is irrelevant. But we want to talk to Julia to further our investigation.

Is there a danger of focusing on any one area of the investigation too much and it is something we have talked about. We shared a conference call with people around the country that investigate these cases more often than we do. We're trying to avoid tunnel vision and we feel we've done that.
Does that process lead to the crossing off of theories as viable options? Yes, but in the absence of really really good leads it's difficult to rule things out, but we're trying to.

Quite frankly, we're frustrated by Julia's cooperation. We're hopeful she can gather herself so we can have that conversation we need to have. The explanation we've been given is the Julia was much too devastated to speak to us during this week.

What will cause you to change the focus of the investigation from searching, missing person case or is this something else. We'll decide before tomorrow and I'll give you more information about that tomorrow.

We've had a 2-3 hour conference call with an agency that was extremely helpful, an agency that had worked on a similar case.

No searches, but we'll search if any of our new tips lead us to something, you may see us out there.
Keep the tips coming.

ETA:
I'll be out of town until Wednesday and away from a computer. Looking forward to reading your updates, SurfieTX. I hope we hear news Monday.

What makes this even more heartbreaking is that there were warning signs (Time's Square style) everywhere that were ignored by a plethora of people. :(

Exactly. After reading the declaration, I find myself wondering if the children had a GAL and if not, why?

I left for a few days and my thoughts and prayers were with Sky often while I was gone. I can't believe this beautiful child is still missing. I can't imagine how someone could not have one ounce of guilt; and how they could still be refusing to tell LE where this baby is. I am hoping for a miracle this beautiful Sunday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member