Penn State athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child rape case #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for that piece of the puzzle Dr Fessel.

Sandusky's book was available on Google books (for free) a few days ago. I'm not sure if it's still there but one section I read about his father's charity group and the men that were involved left me wondering if he had been a victim of abuse as well. And then there's the title of the book...

His attorney describes his client as a grownup big kid (I was immediately reminded of Michael Jackson). Could something have happened to him that resulted in arrested development at a certain age? (more armchair psychoanalyzing here!)

I've even gone as far as to wonder if the title of his book isn't his "insanity" side (as he refers to it) screaming out for (gulp) help.

Snipped

My oldest daughter is a psychotherapist and she told me the other night it is highly probable Sandusky, himself, was sexually abused as a child...JMHO

Dr. Drew said the same thing last week:

PINSKY: Well, so much so there`s so slick. These are like disavowed parts of themselves that most of the day, they`re in denial about themselves. I think they walk around thinking I`m being a good guy, and maybe a compensation for the bad piece of self they`ve got stuck in their head, but they disavow it, so of course, no one else gets to see it.

HEATH EVANS, FORMER NFL PLAYER: Very true. And I always tell people that hurt people hurt people. It wouldn`t surprise me if Sandusky was a victim himself as a young boy.

PINSKY: Not only -- you and I talked about this during the commercial break . . . My instinct tells me that something happened with him in a shower, in a locker room shower, because that`s a bizarre impulse to -- to be needing to put himself at that kind of risk in that kind of an environment. That`s bizarre.

Transcript Here

I didn't see the Today Show interview this morning (Amendola) but this caught my eye in an article I just read:

Sandusky’s lawyer says they’ve been looking for the young man who was allegedly raped by Sandusky when he was 10 years old in 2002 and says, “We believe we have found him, and if we have found him, he is telling a very different story than Mike McQueary, and that’s big news.”

Amendola also told “Today” some of the other alleged victims continue to spend time with Sandusky, even coming to his home for dinner.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper...self-no-favors-with-bob-costas-interview.html

Regarding the young man who was allegedly raped in 2002 and the fact they believe they've "found him" - - - are they obligated/bound to turn that information into the grand jury or DA as part of the discovery process?

BBM
I bet all the showers were set on hot for the obscuring steam except the one Jerry and the boy were in. Just wasn't enough steam.

Or enough sound.

When I saw the part about all the showers being on I wondered if a sound factor was involved but the steam part never would have occurred to me.

Ditto on what believe09 said (thanks for that part of the puzzle).

Your thoughts about Sandusky and a possible "I'll show you" attitude on his part reminded me of an excerpt from his book that's recently been quoted in the press:

I had always professed that someday I would reap the benefits of maturity, but my lifestyle just wouldn't let me. There were so many things I had done in my life - so many of them crazy and outlandish. But I have always had fun, and one this is for certain: My time on this earth has always been unique. At the times when I found myself searching for maturity, I usually came up with insanity. That's the way it is in the life of Gerald Arthur Sandusky.

Perhaps that one sentence sums up not only his life in general but also his blatant misuse/abuse of the Penn State facilities post-retirement. Using his own formula, if he was angry about being forced into retirement*, his ability to act like a mature adult in response to that might have resulted in, as he calls it, insanity.

The armchair psychologist in me says it's a passive/aggressive response to an authority figure who thwarted his goal of becoming head coach at his beloved alma mater.

Of course, if an agreement was made for his "retirement" (based on what happened in 1998) then he was the architect of his own professional demise - which might have resulted in even more self-hatred (I'm recalling his conversation with the mother of the victim who participated in the eavesdropping set-up: ""I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won't get it from you. I wish I were dead."

Sandusky's book was available on Google books (for free) a few days ago. I'm not sure if it's still there but one section I read about his father's charity group and the men that were involved left me wondering if he had been a victim of abuse as well. And then there's the title of the book...

His attorney describes his client as a grownup big kid (I was immediately reminded of Michael Jackson). Could something have happened to him that resulted in arrested development at a certain age? (more armchair psychoanalyzing here!)

Sandusky was obviously not mentally impaired in terms of academic ability. He graduated at the top of his high school class as well as the top of his graduate studies class (I have links on this somewhere). However, this degree of academic intelligence obviously didn't translate into emotional intelligence, as witnessed by the fact that he openly admitted to showering with young boys - an act that goes against every social more imaginable, especially in a situation regarding an academic and a minor.

I've even gone as far as to wonder if the title of his book isn't his "insanity" side (as he refers to it) screaming out for (gulp) help.

(sorry for that long ramble)

*purely speculative, of course

Thank you for posting your comments "DR" LRinCA...

It may have been long, but it didn't seem like it, because your comments were so easy to read & understand...

... you have some very good & interesting points of view!! :)

Snipped

My oldest daughter is a psychotherapist and she told me the other night it is highly probable Sandusky, himself, was sexually abused as a child...JMHO

And Dr Drew has said that victims of child/sex abuse stop growing emotionally, that they're "frozen in time" emotionally.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45307325/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

"We are continuing to review our files for earlier time periods. As of today we believe that more children may have stayed at the Sandusky home in the 1970s … and at this point we cannot comment further."

The organization learned Monday that Sandusky, 67, may have been a participating host, a spokeswoman said.

I think Sandusky hated Paterno. I think it was no accident that the rape witnessed by McQ took place right under the nose, as it were, of Paterno and his staff. I think that if the "big kid" Sandusky wanted to ingratiate himself and become one with some of the kids unfortunately in his care then there were others, and I bet they were as a rule far less compliant, that he wanted to exert power over, dominate. By doing so on PSU's campus, he was extending that domination to Paterno, to whom he was subordinate, especially by the end when he had been ruled out of the succession.

University campuses are thick with good and smart people who make great and often unheralded contributions to our worlds. They are also dense with power networks, egos and arrested development. I think the same is doubly true of departments like athletics that have the added complication of big money and therefore greater latitude. All kinds of commentators have noted the effects of these crimes on PSU. But they were in my view ALWAYS about PSU, an organization that systematically (in his view) undervalued Sandusky. Well, he showed them.

I think this may partly explain why so little attention was paid then (and now) to the victims, the boys subjected to terrible and forceful rape and molestation. They, appallingly, were not Penn State.

s

That could very well be the case. Rapists are motivated by power and domination.

The latest sickening thought brought to me by too much time on the road, thinking...

'"We were showering and horsing around and he [the boy] actually turned all the showers on and was actually sliding across the floor and we were, as I recall, possibly like snapping a towel," Sandusky said. McQueary's allegations were never reported to the police.'
http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/14/8804779-jerry-sandusky-to-bob-costas-in-exclusive-rock-center-interview-i-shouldnt-have-showered-with-those-kids?pc=25&sp=50#discussion_nav

Is the towel-snapping this sick narcissist's attempt to explain away what McQueary reported to the grand jury as "a rhythmic slapping sound"?:banghead:

BBM--

This is exactly what I thought when I first heard the interview.

My apologies if this has already been posted. I just found it (dated November 9, 2011).

Jones: Well, obviously sickening. Those poor, poor victims I’ve not been able to get out of my head since I read the grand jury report which I knew had to read, I’m sorry I read it in some respects. I’ve been on the phone since I knew I was coming here, until literally just now when I walked in the building with some people who are more connected with state colleges. The fact that these victims had to somehow go on with their lives with no one caring--and these were the most vulnerable of children. Jerry didn’t pal-around with kids who looked like they were on junior high school football teams. Jerry palled around with kids who looked vulnerable, and that was true even back then, you noticed. Jerry wasn’t picking on football players.

http://ology.com/sports/full-transcript-mike-francesa-interview-kim-jones-about-penn-state-scandal

Wow. I haven't even finished reading the entire interview yet - but wow.

I don't think there will be an "appropriate" time to post a link to a website I just created about this scandal, so I'll go ahead and post it now. Mods, feel free to delete if inappropriate (maybe I should put it in my sig?)...my feelings will not be hurt.

I just started this page today so it is very much a work in progress. I would appreciate and welcome any feedback, suggestions, or constructive criticism in the form of pm's, so please check it out and give me your thoughts. Thanks guys!!!

http://www.squidoo.com/the-jerry-sandusky-child-sex-abuse-scandal-involving-penn-state-university

I think its great to and I also BM IT!!

I didn't see the Today Show interview this morning (Amendola) but this caught my eye in an article I just read:

Sandusky’s lawyer says they’ve been looking for the young man who was allegedly raped by Sandusky when he was 10 years old in 2002 and says, “We believe we have found him, and if we have found him, he is telling a very different story than Mike McQueary, and that’s big news.”

Amendola also told “Today” some of the other alleged victims continue to spend time with Sandusky, even coming to his home for dinner.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper...self-no-favors-with-bob-costas-interview.html

Regarding the young man who was allegedly raped in 2002 and the fact they believe they've "found him" - - - are they obligated/bound to turn that information into the grand jury or DA as part of the discovery process?

If Sandusky remembers everything that happened that night, showers on, sliding across the floor, towels popping then he MUST remember who the kid was. How can it be so hard to find them if he knows his name and spent so much time with him. Why isn't a matter of pulling the records from the center?!

Bullcrap!

He does say that he didn't sexually molest EVERY child that he helped.

If Sandusky remembers everything that happened that night, showers on, sliding across the floor, towels popping then he MUST remember who the kid was. How can it be so hard to find them if he knows his name and spent so much time with him. Why isn't a matter of pulling the records from the center?!

That's presumably why Sandusky has found him, whereas the PA authorities weren't able to...

Sandusky's lawyer, Joe Amendola, told NBC's Bob Costas that they believe they know who the "victim" is, "now grown up... a person in his 20s."

"We have information that that child says that never happened," Amendola said.

When Costas replied, "So you found him, the commonwealth [of Pennsylvania] has not?"

"Interesting, isn't it," said Amendola.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state...assault-lawyer/story?id=14953587#.TsLCW2BfrME

My apologies if this has already been posted. I just found it (dated November 9, 2011).

http://ology.com/sports/full-transcript-mike-francesa-interview-kim-jones-about-penn-state-scandal

Wow. I haven't even finished reading the entire interview yet - but wow.

Wow is right. Thank you so much, LR. Another snippet:

"(snip) Jones: Yes, an office and a Penn State email. A parking pass! At Penn State that’s a big deal. I think one of the things that I’ve just learned is, the Mike Mcqueary 2002 incident is, let’s just put it out there, Mike Mcqueary walked in, and there wasn’t sexual assault, there was anal rape.

Francesa: This was a “pinned him to the wall” and raped him! This was the worst kind of rape you could imagine, a little boy pinned to the wall, and raped in the shower.

Jones: …Believed to be about 10 years old, and that was in 2002. Since then, in state college there has been rumor and innuendo that Mike McQueary witnessed something. What you’ve seen, these are subtle things as we connect dots here. The Second Mile golf tournament used to be one of the biggest summer events, I’ve covered many of them, players from the 80s who were legends came back and played. That’s when players started not going to that tournament... (snip)"

Francesa: He’s also been cited for this. And where was he during all of this? Did he have such an open door that he didn’t have to call for permission to go to practice.

Jones: Yeah, I think he still had a key to the Lasch building. He still had a parking pass.

Francesa: He still had an office in that building.

Jones: Yes, an office and a Penn State email. A parking pass! At Penn State that’s a big deal. I think one of the things that I’ve just learned is, the Mike Mcqueary 2002 incident is, let’s just put it out there, Mike Mcqueary walked in, and there wasn’t sexual assault, there was anal rape.

Francesa: This was a “pinned him to the wall” and raped him! This was the worst kind of rape you could imagine, a little boy pinned to the wall, and raped in the shower.

Jones: …Believed to be about 10 years old, and that was in 2002. Since then, in state college there has been rumor and innuendo that Mike McQueary witnessed something. What you’ve seen, these are subtle things as we connect dots here. The Second Mile golf tournament used to be one of the biggest summer events, I’ve covered many of them, players from the 80s who were legends came back and played. That’s when players started not going to that tournament. I’ve heard now that the golf tournament is a shell of what it was. People started to distance themselves from Jerry Sandusky.

Oh yeah the word was out in 2002 for sure. I bet that is the year the Creamery named their special Jerry Sandusky Ice Cream.

Penn State Rape Victim Denies Assault, Jerry Sandusky's Lawyer Claims

http://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state...assault-lawyer/story?id=14953587#.TsLCW2BfrME

(ETA: How do they know it's the same person...?!?)

From your link:

Sandusky: "I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped. There are many that I didn't have -- I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways."

I guess I heard this part last night (my husband walked in at one point so maybe I missed it). Regardless, reading it just now, I'm amazed. Almost as amazed as I was reading the "I wish I were dead" part of the presentment.

Thanks for posting the link, belimom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member