Penn State athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child rape case #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedophiles do not usually work in "teams". The words "suddenly remembered" and "repressed memories" are a giant red flag.

I hope it's okay to post a link to this old entry on a forum that has a copy/paste of a 2001 newspaper article. The forum entry was made in 2005.

This article mentions the man in Arizona and refers to Goeke with the first name spelling of KARL.

PSU prof charged with 25 counts of child sexual abuse - GreekChat.com Forums

My head is spinning. A person with the same name/same spelling is involved with elementary children right now...as we speak/type/forumize. November 9, 2011.

It has now gone beyond surreal and entered the nightmare zone.

And Dr. Drew is spot on in regards to Sandusky. He wasn't lurking - he was soaping up, bear hugging (and that's according to him).

What kind of world are we living in? A man is talking about showering with little boys on national television as if it's as natural as brushing one's teeth. They've replayed that portion of the interview at least 20x on CNN today.

There just isn't enough Calgon.

Karl Goeke was found not guilty. He chose to go to trial instead of paying his accuser $$$$$ to shut up.

I am going to go find a long boring post about "repressed memory" bs I posted somewhere else on this forum.

What kind of world are we living in? A man is talking about showering with little boys on national television as if it's as natural as brushing one's teeth. They've replayed that portion of the interview at least 20x on CNN today.

There just isn't enough Calgon.
It really reminds of Micheal Jackson....he just didn't seem to "get" that it wasn't OKAY to be sleeping with adolescents that weren't his own children. I find Sandusky's voice/eyes/mannerisms to be rather juvenilish and soft-spoken just like Jackson was. I don't know if this will make any sense but Sandusky has that wide-eyed, girlish, effeminate thing about him.

Well, I for one am elated the Dept. of Education is on the case-- this is THE agency that carries a big enough stick to get cooperation out of Penn State. There is no way on God's green earth they're going to risk having their student loan program jeopardized.

It's kind of sad the welfare of a child wouldn't be the top concern, but this threat to their real "power" is what these structures of secrecy are made of-- wallets. imo

It really reminds of Micheal Jackson....he just didn't seem to "get" that it wasn't OKAY to be sleeping with adolescents that weren't his own children. I find Sandusky's voice/eyes/mannerisms to be rather juvenilish and soft-spoken just like Jackson was. I don't know if this will make any sense but Sandusky has that wide-eyed, girlish, effeminate thing about him.

I felt the same about Paterno, too! I'm not a football person, so I'd never seen or heard him before-- I was immediately struck by his soft effeminate voice, especially for a famed coach!

Now it just makes me very uncomfortable...

I felt the same about Paterno, too! I'm not a football person, so I'd never seen or heard him before-- I was immediately struck by his soft effeminate voice, especially for a famed coach!

Huh? Paterno has an outrageous Italian Brooklyn voice.....not effeminate.

I was out at moms and a clip of Paterno came on and she said the same thing. He sounds like Michael Jackson.

Related to the man who suddenly remember that he was molested by a group of Ph.D. researchers-

Dr. Paul McHugh, a psychiatrist and False Memory Syndrome Foundation Advisory Board member, echoes this untempered position, claiming that “severe traumas are not blocked out by children, but are remembered all too well” (Washington Post, 1993). When asked point blank “Can a child forget sustained sexual abuse?” on CNN (Transcript 302-1; May 3, 1993), Dr. McHugh replied “No” — apparently basing his conclusion on children he had observed at Johns Hopkins with continuous memory. Fellow psychiatrist and FMSF Advisory Board member John Hochman similarly claims that “memories of emotionally charged events are among the least forgettable memories we have” (Hochman, 1994b, p. B3). “For those who were in Nazi concentration camps or underwent torture as POWs in Vietnam, this can become a serious lifelong problem” (Hochman, 1994a, p. 17).
http://blogs.brown.edu/recoveredmemory/about/false/

I was out at moms and a clip of Paterno came on and she said the same thing. He sounds like Michael Jackson.
LOL You guys have got to go to Brooklyn's Brighten Beach with me. We will sit outside eating real Russian food and listen to the Italians speak like Joe Paterno. They have hypo-nasal speech.

Documents filed in Centre County, Pa., show that on July 21, Paterno’s house near campus was turned over to “Suzanne P. Paterno, trustee” for a dollar plus “love and affection.”

Wick Sollers, a lawyer for Paterno, said in an e-mail that the Paternos had been engaged in a “multiyear estate planning program,” and the transfer “was simply one element of that plan.” He said it had nothing to do with the scandal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/sports/ncaafootball/in-july-paterno-transferred-ownership-of-home-to-his-wife-for-1.html

Yeah right it had nothing to do with a pending scandal breaking... GMAB!

Rather interesting.

Huh? Paterno has an outrageous Italian Brooklyn voice.....not effeminate.

I agree. And at 84 years of age, his particular voice sounds somewhat aged/elderly, perhaps, weaker now.

The individuals interview on the Dr. Drew show all described Sandusky as being "a lot of fun, fun to be around, and really a fun guy". I wonder if he is/was a drunk in addition to being a pedophile.

Jerry Fischer (knew him from Second Mile) can't say enough great things about Sandusky. I wonder if these people really suspected nothing with Sandusky or if they are lying to try to protect Second Mile?

The individuals interview on the Dr. Drew show all described Sandusky as being "a lot of fun, fun to be around, and really a fun guy". I wonder if he is/was a drunk too.

Jerry Fischer (knew him from Second Mile) can't say enough great things about Sandusky. I wonder if these people suspected nothing with Sandusky or if they are lying to try to protect Second Mile?

That would raise the red flag right there. I notice with any evil person, they always have something really off about them, which could be warning signs. Here are really off signs some people have shown that could raise the red flag.

Jerry Sandusky-Really friendly around children.
Fred Phelps-Extremely rigid and paranoid.
Casey Anthony-Easily angered, narcissistic, and likes attention.
Lori Drew-Extremely sociable, meddling, and pushy.
Seung-Hui Cho-Extremely quiet and stalked people.

I read this book called Dangerous Instincts: How Gut Feelings Betray Us.

Amazon.com: Dangerous Instincts: How Gut Feelings Betray Us (9781594630835): Ph.D, Mary Ellen O'Toole, Alisa Bowman: Books

That would raise the red flag right there.

I wonder what the policy limits are on the liability insurance that Second Mile holds? What assets do they have that can be sold? Are they just renting space at State College or do they own buildings there?

That would raise the red flag right there. I notice with any evil person, they always have something really off about them, which could be warning signs. Here are really off signs some people have shown that could raise the red flag.

Casey Anthony-Easily angered, narcissistic, and liked attention.

Amazon.com: Dangerous Instincts: How Gut Feelings Betray Us (9781594630835): Ph.D, Mary Ellen O'Toole, Alisa Bowman: Books
Is that a good/enjoyable/useful book to read?

Is that a good/enjoyable/useful book to read?

I read parts of it and I thought it was interesting and useful. It shows what traits are at most risk for violence.

I just read a blog in the NY Times with some interesting comments/content - both from readers and Mike Krzyzewski.

Brief excerpt:

Krzyzewski: Paterno a Great Man in Horrific Situation

In June, Penn State football coach Joe Paterno and Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski sat down together to tape a show for ESPN about ethics, integrity and issues associated with college athletics called, “Difference Makers: Life Lessons with Paterno and Krzyzewski.”

No one could have imagined that five months later, Paterno would be ousted after 46 years amid a criminal investigation into a child sexual abuse scandal involving his former defensive coordinator, Jerry Sandusky.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-a-great-man-in-horrific-situation/?src=twrhp

I just read a blog in the NY Times with some interesting comments/content - both from readers and Mike Krzyzewski.

Brief excerpt:

Krzyzewski: Paterno a Great Man in Horrific Situation

In June, Penn State football coach Joe Paterno and Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski sat down together to tape a show for ESPN about ethics, integrity and issues associated with college athletics called, “Difference Makers: Life Lessons with Paterno and Krzyzewski.”

No one could have imagined that five months later, Paterno would be ousted after 46 years amid a criminal investigation into a child sexual abuse scandal involving his former defensive coordinator, Jerry Sandusky.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-a-great-man-in-horrific-situation/?src=twrhp

Thanks for the link ~ the irony, it burns us. :furious:

Casey Anthony-Easily angered, narcissistic, and likes attention.

I reckon there were plenty of people around who thought Sandusky was a weirdo. I would love to hear from his adopted children - omg!

But there's social pressure to accept people in power and those with money, not to mention the prestige of being connected to the Penn State Football Program. We're talking about a guy who was once seen as Paterno's successor as Coach!

So I think he probably gave many people a yucky feeling, but they probably shrugged it off as nothing. People don't always trust their instincts, obviously, or we wouldn't be here talking about this. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member