WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJMajor! I just want to say to you that you are needed! There arent many people w heart among us and I encourage you to do what you set out to do! Thats what I love about WS as well are the hearts that gather here! With these cases lately, I have realized I am not as jaded as I feared I was. You guys are here everyday and I have to back off because this case especially is effecting my sleep and my blood pressure. I have been having nightmares involving the case, people playing games, etc and I wake up w my teeth grinding and headaches. Gah!! You all rock!

OK---when I started school-I really REALLY wanted to help families of missing children-like Steve Groene, Mark Lunsford, (and adults) like Lara Gricar. The last few months have made me rethnk my career goals. Soooooooooooooooooooo I enrolled to get my Bachelors Degree in Social Work (with criminology) thinking maybe counseling would be the right choice.

After reading about LL's drug use-i just decided i hate people. NOW what am i gonna do--(i can hear my family **fainting** from here)

You obviously don't hate people or you wouldn't be here getting so upset about little ones you have never even met.
With more people like you offering their help and support in the world, maybe the future can have LESS missing little ones. KWIM? If you could save one child, it would be so worth it my BFF

Okay I am new to this site so its my first post, but have been reading everything posted since day 1. When I read about everyone talking about the new release of the missing poster my heart broke for her. I have a 7 year old girl and a 3 year old girl, both of which have had the normal bumps and bruises of kids. My oldest has dark skin we are part native american and she has ran into a pole at our local church when she hit it, she got it right in the middle of her forehead. Then last year at recess she was playing tag and wasn't playing attention it was to late when she turned around there was a pole (yes again kid has a magnet in her head) but this time it got her in the eye, it was swollen and bruised a little. Now my little one who has fair skin and light brown hair is clumsy, she has ran into a door frame but got no bruise from it, she has ran into a door handle no bruise again, she has ran into the side of the car door (I was opening and she hit her forehead on the side of the door, hope you understand what I mean LOL) once again no bruise. She gets little red marks and I always say "oh that's gonna leave a mark". Some may say that maybe she doesn't bruise easy well she does, she trips a lot before we got her glasses and her legs were bruised from falling. For a kid to get a bruise on the cheek from a door frame she must of had a lot of force behind her because no little 3 year old girl could leave a mark on herself like that.

I live in Kansas but I was reading where someone was asking about LL losing her benifits for the drugs, I was told when my girls got put on our food stamps/cash card, that if you are using the money off the card to buy any illegal substances you can have your benifits taken away. But like I said that's here in Kansas.

I hope that this sweet baby girl is found soon, from the stories and the way everyone describes her, she reminds me of my baby girl they almost look alike. Little Aliayha please know that you are in both my daughters prayers every night mine as well, we pray that you are safe and that someone has you treating you like a princess because that's they way you deserve to be treated. Any of the family that actually cares and is helping find Aliayha please know you are in our prayers also I hope that god will send you a sign or shine some light on where this baby is and that she comes home soon!

I miss the good old days, when Police put a phone book on a suspect and beat them till they talked.:angel:

Lots of abuse of taxpayer money all over the place! Not just welfare but all the way up the corporate ladder!

What amazed me in court for the arraignments, several people did not have an attorney. They simply ask if they have one, can they afford one and when they say no, they appointment one for them. No checking to see if it's true if they can afford one or not. So, as Cory's father stated, as a taxpayer, he gets to pay for the defense of the man that killed his son. The system has its flaws, but if we do not get good people in their to make some changes, it's going to stay the same. We ALL need to start speaking up.

What amazed me in court for the arraignments, several people did not have an attorney. They simply ask if they have one, can they afford one and when they say no, they appointment one for them. No checking to see if it's true if they can afford one or not. So, as Cory's father stated, as a taxpayer, he gets to pay for the defense of the man that killed his son. The system has its flaws, but if we do not get good people in their to make some changes, it's going to stay the same. We ALL need to start speaking up.

You are so right! It's going to take an uprising of the people of this state before anything changes. What happened to Cory just breaks my heart.

I'm not sure. I know of a few people that have been to rehab for addiction but have kids and are on assistance. I think it may depend on what charge it is.

I think the children do continue to get benefits, just not the offending adult. So a parent who has lost their eligibility wouldn't get anything but would continue to receive food stamps for the children. States that have drug testing laws have set it up that another responsible adult receives the actual benefits to purchase food for the children. I wonder how that is working?

Ok, it's official, I'm too old to keep up. This thing with "bath salts"... yesterday on the news is the first time I've heard about this. Some man broke into someone's house and made himself at home, watching t.v. and hanging Christmas wreaths. He was high on bath salts. I'm still shaking my head.
Still praying for little Aliyah and hoping she is found. Please God, help us watch over all the little children!!!

CJMajor! I just want to say to you that you are needed! There arent many people w heart among us and I encourage you to do what you set out to do! Thats what I love about WS as well are the hearts that gather here! With these cases lately, I have realized I am not as jaded as I feared I was. You guys are here everyday and I have to back off because this case especially is effecting my sleep and my blood pressure. I have been having nightmares involving the case, people playing games, etc and I wake up w my teeth grinding and headaches. Gah!! You all rock!

Thank you SO much for the kind words--you are also a very awesome person!! When Shasta and Slade Groene were taken-I thought I would die-..it hurt me so badly...but its SO much diffrerent with Alitayah. I understand about the headaches, I have been having BLINDING headaches myself. (I thope thats not a sign) I have also been waking up at 3;30 am every morning-..I hope YOUR headaches go away...mine havent even slowed down with meds.

Mephedrone is a derivative substance similar to amphetamines and the side effects are about the same as physicians see with large does of amphetamines, like increased heart rate and blood pressure, not sleeping, not eating and paranoia. Some experts have likened the bath salts to a combination of the worst effects of several different drugs, complete with hallucinogenic-delusional type properties, along with extreme agitation, superhuman strength and combativeness, as well as the hyper-addictive properties of cocaine and methamphetamine. In overdoses, the bath salts can cause extreme psychosis and have already been linked to many emergency hospitalizations as well as several suicides.

http://www.addictions.com/bath-salt-addiction/

This speaks volumes to me about Aliayah...and LL

Ok, it's official, I'm too old to keep up. This thing with "bath salts"... yesterday on the news is the first time I've heard about this. Some man broke into someone's house and made himself at home, watching t.v. and hanging Christmas wreaths. He was high on bath salts. I'm still shaking my head.
Still praying for little Aliyah and hoping she is found. Please God, help us watch over all the little children!!!

Last year some yutz broke into my car, tried to steal it but was thwarted by my after-market remote starter - but still managed to do $953 in damage (yeah, I have $1000 deductible). Why can't I get the 'hanging up Christmas decorations' type of crook. I call no fair........

I tell new people that if they have no conscience, they're not going to tell us anything," Guinn said.

This is what the detective said while talking about Tyler Dasher being missing. He worked as a child abuse detective for 14 years. I think this is exactly what we are seeing with LL. A person would have to have no conscience to keep quiet this long...or be innocent. And I don't think she's innocent.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...96e-5e6e-a985-fd76d4262269.html#ixzz1dypNuqxY

http://www.wboy.com/story/16058484/2011/11/16/mother-of-aliayah-lunsford

The only new information in this article that I saw was this,

"Regarding her (Lena Lunsford's) probation case, however, Kilgore wrote, "The defendant appears to be demonstrating a lack of willingness to fully cooperate with the conditions of her supervision, and she appears to be selectively censoring what she wants her supervising officer to know."

She has a bond revocation hearing Nov. 28 at federal court in Elkins."

BBM.

Hi, I'm new here, but have been reading ever since our little angel went missing. I don't post anything anywhere about who I think did something or didn't do something to our little gal. I just wanted to clear up something....There was no confusion whatsoever as to who Aliayah was at the church. I AM the woman who met her and talked to her there. Her brother was there also. The church had a Clothing Give A Way on Saturday, August 20th, from 9 A.M. to 1 P.M, Aliayah, her Mom and brother were there for maybe an hour and a half looking through clothes. That's the day that she grabbed my heart with those eyes and I fell in love with her. I found a little pink princess shirt and wanted her to take it, but she wouldn't even touch it until her Mom came and told her it was OK to. I asked her what her name was and I could just understand "Leeah" was what it sounded like she said. I thought she was a very shy little gal. I can honestly say that on that date, there were no bruises 'showing'. I even made the remark to her Mom that she had angel skin, she is a beautiful little gal. There were 4 of us women in the church at the time, they went up to our pavilion where there were more people and shoes and they found her a little pair of pink plaid tennis shoes. They came back down to the church and Aliayah and her brother each got a cookie and a juicy juice. I will NEVER forget her sitting there taking a bite of cookie and holding that little foot up to admire her new shoes....She smiled that day and that smile was worth more than money could ever buy, I'll never forget it......Anyway, I don't want to stick my nose in anywhere, but I just wanted to clear that up. There was no confusion whatsoever, and LE knows all about this sighting. Thanks!

Thank you for posting! You brought tears to my eyes with the description of here sitting there with her new shoes...

For almost two months, Susie Kerns has only thought about one thing...the day she met a little girl who she says stole her heart.

"Her eyes took me in. Her eyes grabbed a hold of my heart and I fell in love with that little girl,"
she said.

......................................................................................................................

The Bendale Church was having a clothing giveaway and Kerns says Lena was there with Aliayah and her older brother. She picked out a pink princess sweatshirt, and a pair of pink tennis shoes.

"She was so happy over that, a used pair of tennis shoes. She was so happy.

And the day that she came up missing and found out she didn't have any shoes on, that was my first thought was she didn't have her little tennis shoes on," said Kerns as she started to cry.

........................................................................................................................

"Any part of her little skin that was showing that day had no bruises. In fact, I made a remark to her mother that day that she had angel skin," she said.

.................................................................................................

"Her little smile was worth more than words can ever say,"
said Kerns.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/111116_7408.shtml

I know we saw it in Zahra's case too... and in others.
Still I am consistently amazed at how a complete stranger can be emotional and torn up about a missing child...
While that missing child's mother does... what exactly?
Right... nothing.

Does anyone know anything about the 2010 domestic violence petition LL filed against her aunt? How many aunts does she have?

Even though I see these pictures of Aliayah, with such sadness, heartbreak, and wisdom in her eyes, I know that she must have smiled, laughed, and loved with all of her heart. It is nice to hear stories of her when she was happy. Of her smiling. Of her admiring a simple pair of shoes.

But I totally get it. My daughter is 2 1/2 and has the same wonder about the world that Aliayah did. The same fascination with things that are "new" and "hers."

Sweet Aliayah, you deserved so much more. There is nothing I wish more than for someone to have loved you and cherished you the way you deserve to be loved and cherished. You should be playing dress up and barbies, or coloring and finger painting while you are smiled upon and told what a wonderful little girl you are. You have touched me and a special place in my heart will always be yours. With love from Oregon, baby girl! May Justice be served !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa