Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon, everyone. Just a reminder that calling for a mass mailing or boycotting has to be approved by the site's owners, Tricia and SoSue. I removed one post and will remove any others, until Tricia and/or SoSue have been contacted and have given their permission for any such activities.

Thanks,

Salem

That is a good article but I really disagree with the author. People can be very fair and look at the evidence only in a trial and base their findings on that. I believe Jerry is as guilty as heck but I would have no problem setting that aside like the law says if I was on the jury.

Well, look how much it hurt Casey A to have her whole case released before it went to trial under FL's sunshine laws. If anything - it helped her because in my opinion she was guilty as sin.

Sandusky is not a victim - under any circumstances.

Salem

The one thing I just can't understand at all...is why at the very onset investigators didn't leap in and take the Sandusky computers...even in the 1998 case. It just doesn't make sense. So were those original investigations, investigations at all? Or were they "pretend" investigations. We are going to say we're looking in to this...wink, wink. The cybercrimes unit in our AG's office...leap in everywhere, frequently.

As to the NY Times story on victim number one...it certainly shot any anonymity he had left....but on the other hand, it shows a school still covering up......more so than than looking out for its "coaches". A demonstration of the reputation Sandusky had carefully constructed.

To be fair, my former brother-in-law also a high school football coach was once falsely accues by a young female student...it cost a lawyer but was quickly resolved and he was absolved and the student admitted she made it up because she was angry with her mother of all things. So the false accusations do happen but looking at what the victim's friends said and the multiplicity of incidents...making up just doesnt' seem likely.

I fear for what will happen with all of this. The truth in cases like these doesn't always prevail.

"With what you've done already, no 28-year-old man needs to be around you."

This one sentence, again, if true, might illustrate best why children have been hushed into silence over the years/centuries.

(Off topic for a moment) - One of my close friend's once relayed the story of an elderly male neighbor forcing her sit on his lap when she was just four or five years old. He was sitting in the garage in his underwear when this occurred. Even at that age she knew this was very wrong and she was very frightened. She told her older sister who in turn told their mother and her response was to tell the girls to never go near his house again. This would have been in the 1960s and the solution was, in a word, avoidance.
---------

"With what you've done already"...

You are so right about that, LRinCA. The perp pervs. psychologically beat these children into thinking that they are the ones who did something wrong, then they guilt them into silence.

A similar tactic was used by perv. priests, etc., when they raped children, they told them that if they told, they would go to Hell, because they were the ones who were bad. I also make this present tense, because it's still going on!

:furious:

Has anyone heard mr. <modsnip> say a word about his client's right to a speedy trial, or is he perfectly content to drag it out?

The one thing I just can't understand at all...is why at the very onset investigators didn't leap in and take the Sandusky computers...even in the 1998 case. It just doesn't make sense. So were those original investigations, investigations at all? Or were they "pretend" investigations. We are going to say we're looking in to this...wink, wink. The cybercrimes unit in our AG's office...leap in everywhere, frequently.

Sandusky is over 60, an ex-football coach and not particularly bright. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even own a computer. I'm not defending the inaction of the AG's office. Just thought that I would throw that out there as a possiblity.

Sandusky is over 60, an ex-football coach and not particularly bright. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even own a computer. I'm not defending the inaction of the AG's office. Just thought that I would throw that out there as a possiblity.
----------
I think that Sandusky had unfettered access to many computers, including those he bought himself, or for his victims. In fact, I'd go as far to say that he was regularly communicating with a network of other persons with, shall we say, similar interests?

No doubt he is bright, criminally bright. And, it is said that he bought "electronics" for his victims.

I agree that JS is not particularly bright-but he is dumb like a fox and a master manipulater too. I think since one of the presents he was giving to the boys were computers that he knew his way around a PC very well and probably had some "friends" of his ilk that he may have hooked up with online and possibly exchanged material with! :furious:
I'm hoping he was overconfident enough to have left some material on there or at the very least dumb enough to think he could erase material and kept the hard drives!:waitasec:

So Sad, too Bad...................... A source close to the Paterno family says Sue Paterno was told to leave a Penn State campus pool where she normally works out.

No reason was given, the source told The Patriot-News, and when reached by email, university spokesman Bill Mahon said, "I have heard nobody discuss this."

Sue Paterno is the wife of legendary former head football coach Joe Paterno, who was fired after allegations of child sexual abuse were filed against his former assistant Jerry Sandusky. http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/sue_paterno_told_she_cant_use.html

Has anyone heard mr. <modsnip> say a word about his client's right to a speedy trial, or is he perfectly content to drag it out?
He may not be worried about a speedy trial. Perhaps increasing his billable hours, increasing his notoriety from this high profile case, and increasing the possibility that accusers and witnesses will disappear/die/or change their mind about testifying are more important than a speedy trial.

So Sad to Bad...................... A source close to the Paterno family says Sue Paterno was told to leave a Penn State campus pool where she normally works out.

sue_paterno_told_she_cant_use.html[/url]

I have only two criticisms of your post, Dr. Fessel. Please add another "o" to:
the word "to" in So Sad to Bad. Also, a comma after So Sad.

Thank you for your attention to this "egregious" error. :crazy:

Don't worry, you won't go to Hell; however, I think that there are some people who might...

Sandusky, from what I understand, is just a few months older than I am... I really can't attest to how bright he is or isn't but I will assume he is somewhat educated since he graduated from college....BTW.. I own a computer and even use it on a daily basis...JMHO....

So one of his new accusers is a " family member?'

Ugghhhh. I wonder if it is one of the adoptees or foster children. It has always bothered me that he had that many adopted kids and we know he is a pedophile. It made me worry that he messed with them too. :mad:

Ugghhhh. I wonder if it is one of the adoptees or foster children. It has always bothered me that he had that many adopted kids and we know he is a pedophile. It made me worry that he messed with them too. :mad:

I'm assuming it's one of the adopted children cause I'm not sure you would consider "foster children" family in a legal sense. But, maybe you would! I'm thinking if it's not Matt he better say something cause I'm sure most people are thinking it is since his bio mom and ex-wife have spoken loudly-one to the media and one thru the courts!!:waitasec:

Frankly, I am not surprised about this.

I have only two criticisms of your post, Dr. Fessel. Please add another "o" to:
the word "to" in So Sad to Bad. Also, a comma after So Sad.

Thank you for your attention to this "egregious" error. :crazy:

Don't worry, you won't go to Hell; however, I think that there are some people who might...
:waitasec: :bdsong:

:waitasec: :bdsong:

I'm making fun at myself for pointing out a typographical or grammatical error (and I have made many), in light of Sandusky and company (and we know of several thousand around the world) for raping children.

I love your posts, Dr. Fessel. Thank you.

I'm making fun at myself for pointing out a typographical or grammatical error (and I have made many), in light of Sandusky and company (and we know of several thousand around the world) for raping children.

I love your posts, Dr. Fessel. Thank you.
Right back at ya! You have to admit that was funny!

So, then, do ya think there could there be anything more important on this eve of Thanksgivin', than paying attention to the raping of children by those in power of our wonderful US of A?

So Sad, too Bad...................... A source close to the Paterno family says Sue Paterno was told to leave a Penn State campus pool where she normally works out.

No reason was given, the source told The Patriot-News, and when reached by email, university spokesman Bill Mahon said, "I have heard nobody discuss this."

Sue Paterno is the wife of legendary former head football coach Joe Paterno, who was fired after allegations of child sexual abuse were filed against his former assistant Jerry Sandusky. http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/sue_paterno_told_she_cant_use.html

Truth be told, she and Joe Pa probably bought that campus pool and exercise facility for the university. (No, if this story is true, she shouldn't be using it now even if she and her husband donated it.)

Joe Pa has lent his name to multiple campaigns that raised $1.37 billion for the Penn State.

In 1984, Joe and his wife established the Paterno Libraries Endowment, which now has $4 million in the bank. Joe Pa and his wife personally gave $250,000 of their own money to that campaign. Later, Joe Pa and his wife co-chaired a library expansion campaign which raised another $14 million.

In 1998, Joe Pa and his wife gave $3.5 million to Penn State to endow faculty positions and scholarships and to support two building projects.

In 2009, Joe Pa and his wife donated $1 million to help expand Mount Nittany Medical Center (a 260 bed acute care public hospital which is the only hospital in that city).

Joe Pa and his wife gave $250,000 to build the Penn State All-Sports Museum.

Joe Pa and his wife recently donated $1 million for a chapel on Penn State campus.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...-coach-joe-paterno-continues-article-1.977598
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...e-joe-paterno-legacy/index.html#ixzz1eZkggc4t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288