Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what those signed releases from the kids in that video look like. Looks like there was enough action in them that showers would be called for afterward.

You're right...we abbreviate it to Penn here because we never play the Ivy schools, it's kind of just understood what is meant. My apologies to any Penn alums out there! :seeya:
Nah, don't apologize. ;) University of Pennsylvania business majors likely wish they were mistaken as Penn State business graduates. Penn State's business college (Smeal) rates #1 in the world (above Harvard, above Yale, above Cornell, above Stanford, above Univ of Virginia.......................) I could post on and on about the other departments that rank much higher than Univ. of Pennsylvania's, but I will spare you guys. ;)

http://www.smeal.psu.edu/about/rankings.html

Nah, don't apologize. ;) University of Pennsylvania business majors likely wish they were mistaken as Penn State business graduates. Penn State's business college (Smeal) rates #1 in the world (above Harvard, above Yale, above Cornell, above Stanford, above Univ of Virginia.......................) I could post on and on about the other departments that rank much higher than Univ. of Pennsylvania, but I will spare you guys. ;)

http://www.smeal.psu.edu/about/rankings.html
the 1%.

In one interview Paterno said his job at Penn State was not his only income. Has it come out anywhere how else he was making money?
He is paid for speaking engagements and he is an author.

He is paid for speaking engagements and he is an author.

Not only an author, but one who writes his own stuff, more than likely, as JoePa was an English literature major, I seem to recall reading. (Which warms the heart of this English lit major, and encourages much sympathy toward JoePa.)

Has anybody managed to keep track of how many boys have come forward to report abuse by this monster?

Sorry, I just really do not care about Penn State or college football or any of extraneous politics behind this story, so I am having trouble keeping up on the real news. Has Sandusky been convicted? Have all of the people who covered for him and enabled him been charged/arrested/convicted and how many victims have come forward?

I hope that everyone of his victims comes forward so he rots in prison for a long, long time. The same goes for anybody who covered up the crime. I also hope that the "status" of college football is cut down a few notches as well.

Nobody has been convicted yet since the trial is yet to come. Sandusky has a preliminary hearing scheduled early in Dec.

For a good overview of the case and what is happening, CBS has a good special coverage section and a very good interactive timeline at the bottom of each article that shows what happened when, people involved, who is charged and victim info. I noticed it shows that a 9th victim contacted state police on Nov. 8.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500202_...s-family/?tag=storyMediaBox;postSpecialReport

This particular article is about the 2 new accusers and one of them being part of Sandusdy's family.

Their half a million dollar modest 50 year yr old ranch home.
You can look up the photos of his tiny ranch house on the internet.

If you check prices on homes near a campus with 50,000 students, you will find they are not inexpensive even if the home is modest.

The rent for son #2 to live in a tiny shanty several blocks off campus with 3 other roommates is depressing (To have invested in real estate there decades ago would have been very wise.)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...google_editors_picks=true#articleTabs=article

Ex-Penn State Officials' Defense Strategy: Focus On McQueary Credibility

...........The lawyers point out that they believe Mr. Paterno's testimony matches that of their clients. "All of them testified that Mr. McQueary did not tell any of them that he witnessed anal sodomy on March 1, 2002."

They also ask in the letter whether any of the possible victims admitted being with Mr. Sandusky on March 1, 2002 but denied any sodomy. If that victim "denies any sodomy, that is powerful exculpatory evidence. Indeed, it should be the end of the case against Messrs. Curley and Schultz. Please produce such information forthwith."

The letter also points out that Mr. McQueary reportedly socialized with Mr. Sandusky after March 1. "Most people do not socialize with individuals they believe to be child-rapists," they write.
---------

However, Mr. Oliver says the case against Mr. Sandusky should still be strong if lawyers for Messrs. Curley and Schultz are able to poke holes in Mr. McQueary's testimony: "It's not one incident. It's a bunch of people making the same claim, so you still have a good case, and it suggests prosecutors were probably right to wait for more victims to come forward."

Kudos to the AG's office and prosecutors for getting enough evidence to make a strong case!
Again, just as in your post #321 re: preliminary info, I appreciate the above and is where I was going with my post #353--Thx JJ in Phila for your response to that one...need another flow chart :)

Don't weep for me Penn State!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...no-could-receive-sixfigure-annual-pension/rss

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno's long service at the university theoretically puts him in line for a pension of more than $500,000 a year, according to an Associated Press analysis of state public pension records.

Paterno's pension records obtained Tuesday from the State Employees' Retirement System credit him with more than 60 years in the system. The formula used to determine benefits makes him eligible for a pension equal to 100 percent of the average of his three highest-salary years.

His pay rose from $541,000 to $568,000 over the past three full calendar years.

--------

State Employees' Retirement System spokeswoman Pamela Hile said Internal Revenue Code and Retirement Code benefit limits may also apply, so the agency does not issue estimated pension benefits ahead of time. There also is a long-service supplement that could boost Paterno to 110 percent of his final average salary.

More at link.....

He said in his SJ testimony that he reported it to Shultz; Shultz oversaw the University Police. Shultz says McQuery reported it. So, that isn't exactly incorrect and I think he said that in the e-mail.

The stronger charges are those involving Victim 1 and Victim 6; those will be difficult to defend. Victim 6 is a strong case, but what Sandusky is alleged to have done is not the worst of the allegations.

That's true but remember all of the victims say he showered with them and according to the link yesterday, that is good for 5 years and $10,000 fine for each occurence:

If children under 16 were involved, it could be a first-degree misdemeanor with a maximum punishment of five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Indecent exposure fits under the definition of a child sex crime, according to Pennsylvania state law.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/11/1...#ixzz1eaFFobEI

[/B]

That's true but remember all of the victims say he showered with them and according to the link yesterday, that is good for 5 years and $10,000 fine for each occurence:

If children under 16 were involved, it could be a first-degree misdemeanor with a maximum punishment of five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Indecent exposure fits under the definition of a child sex crime, according to Pennsylvania state law.

Read more:
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/11/1...#ixzz1eaFFobEI
Federal prosecutors also are investigating if Sandusky used the Internet to locate victims and prosecutors hold that it is likely that the Sandusky case will go to federal court.

A spokeswoman for Tampa police confirmed that the Hillsborough County State Attorney's Office has been in touch with federal agencies and local law enforcement regarding any Sandusky connections.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media...ry-sandusky-brought-molestation-victim-outbac

Sandusky can also be charged with kidnapping if the boys wanted to go home, but couldn't. Kidnapping can = 30 years in prison.

Federal prosecutors also are investigating if Sandusky used the Internet to locate victims and prosecutors hold that it is likely that the Sandusky case will go to federal court.

A spokeswoman for Tampa police confirmed that the Hillsborough County State Attorney's Office has been in touch with federal agencies and local law enforcement regarding any Sandusky connections.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media...ry-sandusky-brought-molestation-victim-outbac

Sandusky can also be charged with kidnapping if the boys wanted to go home, but couldn't. Kidnapping can = 30 years in prison.

Victim #4 is going to be a HUGE problem for Sandusky, irregardless of what his attorney said in this statement:

"They have other people who are saying they saw something, but they don't have actual people saying, ‘This is what Jerry did to me.'"

http://jezebel.com/5860425/alleged-victim-says-sanduskys-denial-made-him-more-determined-to-testify

This lawyer needs to read the grand jury report. The prosecution knows EXACTLY who this young man is. He told the grand jury EXACTLY what "Jerry did to me" during his testimony.

Considering all of his stated interaction with other people during the bowl trips, verifying his testimony through corroborating details from any number of witnesses should be a lead pipe cinch for the prosecution:

Identified as "Victim 4," the boy was listed, "along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl and the 1999 Alamo Bowl," the report said.

The victim "traveled to and from both bowl games with the football team and other Penn State staff, coaches and their families, sharing accommodations."

The boy was sexually assaulted for about two years at hotel rooms near the university, in buildings used by the football program and "at bowl games to which he traveled with Sandusky," the report said.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...traveled-to-outback-bowl-with-abus-ar-302400/

This Victim's testimony should also shed light on who knew about what Sandusky was doing to these children. I want to see the Feds bring charges against EVERY ONE of them.

Victim #4 is going to be a HUGE problem for Sandusky, irregardless of what his attorney said in this statement:

This lawyer needs to read the grand jury report. The prosecution knows EXACTLY who this young man is. He told the grand jury EXACTLY what "Jerry did to me" during his testimony.

Considering all of his stated interaction with other people during the bowl trips, verifying his testimony through corroborating details from any number of witnesses should be a lead pipe cinch for the prosecution:

This Victim's testimony should also shed light on who knew about what Sandusky was doing to these children. I want to see the Feds bring charges against EVERY ONE of them.

The victim "traveled to and from both bowl games with the football team and other Penn State staff, coaches and their families, sharing accommodations." Everyone of them need to be deposed and put on the stand.

The victim "traveled to and from both bowl games with the football team and other Penn State staff, coaches and their families, sharing accommodations." Everyone of them need to be deposed and put on the stand.

I think the players, staff, coaches, AND THEIR FAMILIES are likely to be deposed. All kinds of truth may come pouring out of this particular part of the case.

In addition to the team personnel and their families, the prosecution is going to know where they stayed, where they ate, travel methods in Tampa, and all activities. No telling what other hotel guests, desk clerks, maids, taxi/limo drivers, and waitress/waiters saw or observed.

The victims will collect on the liability policies of the Second Mile’s board members and be given the assets of Second Mile. It is very likely that this nonprofit corporation paid Sandusky’s and his victims’ expenses as Sandusky flew them out-of-state, bought them gifts, and raped them.

The victims will collect on the liability policies of the Second Mile’s board members and be given the assets of Second Mile. It is very likely that this nonprofit corporation paid Sandusky’s and his victims’ expenses as Sandusky flew them out-of-state, bought them gifts, and raped them.

That'd be a damn good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members