MA - Jeffrey Bartley for child *advertiser censored*, Framingham, 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
I've got a few questions here. The defense attorney thinks that downloading child *advertiser censored* is not a violent crime. I disagree. Violence was used against young children to create the product. As for Bartley, how many times does he have to be arrested on sex crimes? If he bails, does he really have a good track record--one which would assure the judge that he'd follow the restrictions set out for him?

Oh, and why the map? Was that so police could find him in time and talk him into removing the plastic bag?

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/n...advertiser censored*-suspect-held-on-10K-bail

Southborough child *advertiser censored* suspect held on $10K bail

"A Middlesex Superior Court judge yesterday ordered a Southborough man accused of downloading child *advertiser censored* onto his computer held on $10,000 bail after a bail hearing. If Jeffrey A. Bartley, 46, posts bail, he will have to wear a GPS monitoring bracelet and only leave his XX Gilmore Road home for court, doctor’s appointments and visits with his lawyer..."

and

"...In June, Bartley, a convicted rapist and Level 2 sex offender, brought his laptop computer to Best Buy in Framingham for repairs. Store employees found several images of what they thought was child *advertiser censored* and called the police..."

and

"...Police later got a warrant to search the computer, and found “numerous” child *advertiser censored* images, and they went to Bartley’s home to arrest him, Clayton said. Bartley was not home, and his mother said he had made statements about hurting himself. Police used Bartley’s cellphone to track him to Natick near the Home Depot. In his truck, they found a hand drawn map, Clayton said. The map led police to Bartley in the woods with a plastic bag over his head. Bartley said he took sleeping pills and drank whiskey...."

and

"...In 1984, he was convicted of a Framingham aggravated rape. He was sentenced to 15 to 30 years in prison. Bartley was twice paroled and twice sent back to prison for violating that parole..."

More at link

I've got a few questions here. The defense attorney thinks that downloading child *advertiser censored* is not a violent crime. I disagree. Violence was used against young children to create the product.

RSBM- I couldn't agree more. This is so infuriating....it literally makes me feel ill.

Thank you for always posting about these cases, even though I usually avoid this sub-forum because it all seems so hopless.

So much of the same thing, and everyone seeming to just walk away from it with little more than a slap on the wrist.

The mindset of it not being a violent crime needs to change for the laws to change.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back