TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering about the name Helton. I must've missed something along the way, would someone help explain to me? Thanks!

Apparently the woman's last name is Helton and she lives close to where the jeep went off the mtn.. Helton is also the last name of the woman MP was having an affair with and to my knowledge is still involved with at this time.

Are the two women in anyway related? I don't have a clue..JMHO

I'm still playing catch-up... We had a smaller "boulder" in our yard once (smaller than the one involved in this accident), and a neighbor who didn't know it was there ran into it while turning around. It didn't budge: it ripped the bumper off. I haven't read enough yet to comment on what I think really happened, but I just wanted to add this piece of into.

The same thing happened here... the boulder is probably half the size of the one in this case.
It was hit with a Jeep and did not move.
It's also been hit with other SUV's and it has never moved.
That is weird.

Apparently the woman's last name is Helton and she lives close to where the jeep went off the mtn.. Helton is also the last name of the woman MP was having an affair with and to my knowledge is still involved with at this time.

What the heck? Really? There was someone living on E. Brow Road with the same name as T. Helton? :waitasec:

Thank you so much. That is very interesting. Not a common last name to say the least.

Some stream of conciousness posting here; please feel free to dissect and share thoughts!

After pondering this for days, and thinking of the three options: accident, suicide or foul play...I just seem less and less inclined to believe it was an accident.

To accidentally veer off in the particular spot that would be easiest to go over, on a road we cannot explain GP's presence on, seems too coincidental, IMHO. If we find out she was attempting to brake when she went over, I might could see it as a terrible coincidence involving a distraction from cell phone, etc., with her realizing her mistake at the last second, but if it turns out she was accelerating, there goes that.

Soooo...that would leave two options and I don't know what to think, as both require some mind stretching to make all the details fit neatly in a package.

While I don't doubt that MP was morally capable of causing her demise, it would have taken everything falling into place, precisely just so, for him to cause it to happen at 12:25, just minutes after she left the house. Do we actually KNOW, from anything other than his word, what time she dropped the kids?
I keep coming back to the oddity of hearing the press conference before the body was even indentified as GP, of MP's lawyers making such a point of saying "We know that GP lost control of her vehicle at 12:25pm."
For some reason, my hinky meter is buzzing about this strange announcement. I have never once heard of the family of an accident victim calling a presser to say for instance "Jimmy Joe fell off a ladder at precisely 9:07 this morning."

I so want to hear from those children what was happening, although they may have been brainwashed too much by now to even ever tell the real story. How was it possible for MP to block LE from doing their job and interviewing the last people (the children) to be with GP?

MP just reeks of coveing up something, but was it possible for him to orchestrate this so well, or is there just a puzzle piece we are missing that would allow for a scenario in which the Jeep and/or Gail went over at a different time?

As for the suicide theory, I can almost see it, but the stop at the convenience store stumps me. Were there cameras at those stores? Would tape from months ago be erased already? I think knowing what Gail bought or her deameanor at the store would be a huge clue. Someone mentioned it could have been a potty break, but who takes a potty break OR a snack break before intentionally driving off a cliff?

Some have made a lot of the issue of GP not wearing a seatbelt as being evidence of suicide, and that is indeed possible. But it could just as easily be evidence of foul play, or of someone too distressed to use safety precautions. I can remember times I have left in a vehicle after receiving an emergencey phonecall for instance, when I did not buckle up and didn't even realize it until I stopped and started to unbuckle. And sometimes a person under duress will just plain forget things, even something that is a habit (such as brushing teeth, tying shoes, etc. and so on).

Knowing the content of her final cell phone conversations would tell us a LOT about her frame of mind, and whether she was suicidal. Of couse that information would have to come from a reliable source and not someone with an agenda either way.

I am also eager to hear more info re: the will.

So many things could give us clues, and LE is no doubt wise to hold some of this info close to their vest. I just hope they are being as closed to MP as he has been to them. They don't owe him one bit of information about the lady he had such anger and disdain for, that he was not even willing to help find.

My opinions of exactly what happened are conflicted, and certainly not set in stone. I am open to hear alternative opinions of this mystery. How I wish Gail had been recovered while more clues were fresh!

Of course what I really wish is that Gail was alive and happily enjoying the holidays with her children.

Excellent post, thank you...

IMHO..I highly suspect It was/is a MFH set up to look like an accident or a suicide....
I also suspect alot of thought and planning as well as a substantial amount of cash when into orchestrating Gail's demise.JMHO

Yes, I don't think Matt actually said that she arrived at 12:15. I believe Susie Button is the one who stated the time.

It is my understanding that this was the info that the LE told the family. They then released it to the public.

Why does everyone think if she stopped at the store, she went in and shopped??? Could be she was sitting there making her mind up to do ??? Or, she could have been talking on the phone, writing a note to the children, or just crying. No one has said (that I have seen) that she got out, grabbed a cart and started shopping.

I believe that Matt has been much more open and forthright with the LE than any of us knows. They continue to state that he is cooperating fully and my guess is that they have worked together thus far. We, the public, are the ones who are not owed any explaination or information, although most of us seem to expect it and get very bent out of shape that we are not getting it.

"he had such anger and disdain for" where did you get the idea that he had anger and disdain for Gail? My guess (and I could be wrong, please let me know if so) is that you are basing your statement on the words Arlene repeats each time she's on tv. Let me ask...has anyone else, any of Gail's friends or Matt's friends said anything similar?? We have several on this forum who know both or them, and have even had them as guests in their homes. NO ONE else has said that they EVER heard Matt utter a hateful word to Gail. NO ONE.

As for your last statement...I agree. I desperately wish that Gail was still with us, with her children.

One thing Confused, you have to agree that this whole situation does not make sense at all, no matter who's view you look at it from. Even with all the circumstances, if a few days after this happened and the jeep was found I would be more inclined to think this to be just one tragic accident. It just may be a tragic accident...but there are again too many red flags. 7 months to find her??????

The Sheriff must think Arlene has some credibility. He allowed her to be at the crash scene the past few days even though the road is closed to the public. Her picture is on Channel 3 watching the Jeep removal. She wouldn't be there if they didn't feel she had a right to be there.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16188677/investigators-to-try-palmgren-jeep-move

As for the bickering elsewhere, you know . . . there's always a question of what happens to search funds after someone is found. I can see why there might be disagreements about that.

[It is my understanding that this was the info that the LE told the family. NO ONE else has said that they EVER heard Matt utter a hateful word to Gail. NO ONE.

Apparently, you haven't heard the tape turned over to the FBI with MP screaming vehemently at GP.

When the rock was first reported they said that it was a small rock and the neighbors say they assumed someone stole it. Now the rock has turned into a 435 pound boulder that the news crews say would have taken a "crew" to move. Did the neighbors think a crew stole it? And for what? Also the tire tracks? What in the world? Did they think a car drove over the cliff and grew wings and flew away? I am astonished!

Yeah, I'm having trouble with this boulder business.

If these people never saw the "crew" hauling the boulder away, and they didn't notice the car that made the tire tracks, then there must be a blind spot right there that can't be seen from any houses.

(It would take some time to load a boulder into a truck, for instance. So either these folks weren't home much, or they weren't paying attention, or things didn't happen in daylight hours.)

(Second edit: How would a rock moving crew park right there anyway without getting pushed over the bluff themselves? Dangerous work.)

Therefore, this must be the best place on the mountain to disappear a car. No witnesses, no guard rails, and even if you drag a boulder along it's hushed up for six months. The perfect crime scene. :twocents:

I am originally from Mississippi and Helton is a very common name there, or was when I was growing up. It could be possible the two are related. Didn't the GF live in the area at some point since she worked at the same place MG did?

I don't see this as a suicide, accident - well maybe - not an accident - yeah my mind does go there, but it may be something we never know. I do understand how upset and sick feeling you can get when you find out a spouse is cheating and at times I guess it could make you do things you would not usually do, but I just don't think she would have taken her own life and chance leaving her kids with him if he was so bad. Also the fact she was moving assets or so was reported at one point tells me she was planning to leave him and take the kids with her. This is MOO.

Lets not forget Gail was fearful of something on the 30th. She even requested SMPD meet her at her home when she arrived. Also, the day before she left for Alabama she was given a number for a safe house..
Does anyone else think it strange she left as early as she did to return home on the 30th when she had basically just arrived in Alabama and had even made plans for a Saturday event in Alabama..

WHY did Gail come back to Signal Mtn as quickly as she did?

IIRC most of us here read at one point MP had given Gail ultimatums on two different occasions (two weeks in a row) both being on a Friday..

I just find it all way too strange Gail has a fatal crash, ends up dead, and this happened right after she dropped the children off at the house..JMHO

I am originally from Mississippi and Helton is a very common name there, or was when I was growing up. It could be possible the two are related. Didn't the GF live in the area at some point since she worked at the same place MG did?

Yes, it is a more common name in other places. Helton is her married name, I believe. She used to live on Sand Mountain in Ider, Alabama, which is within commuting distance from Chattanooga.

Chattanooga Times Article with the information:
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...picId=100020825&docId=l:1439930104&isRss=true

Yeah, I'm having trouble with this boulder business.

If these people never saw the "crew" hauling the boulder away, and they didn't notice the car that made the tire tracks, then there must be a blind spot right there that can't be seen from any houses.

(It would take some time to load a boulder into a truck, for instance. So either these folks weren't home much, or they weren't paying attention, or things didn't happen in daylight hours.)

(Second edit: How would a rock moving crew park right there anyway without getting pushed over the bluff themselves? Dangerous work.)

Therefore, this must be the best place on the mountain to disappear a car. No witnesses, no guard rails, and even if you drag a boulder along it's hushed up for six months. The perfect crime scene. :twocents:

IMHO..The rocks that are lined up in front of that grassy area where they are claiming the jeep left the road do not look like they weigh 450 lbs..JMHO

[It is my understanding that this was the info that the LE told the family. NO ONE else has said that they EVER heard Matt utter a hateful word to Gail. NO ONE.

Apparently, you haven't heard the tape turned over to the FBI with MP screaming vehemently at GP.

--------------

Neither has anyone else! Arlene is the one who made the claim about what Matt said to Gail. The quote came from her. Unless I missed something (and if I did I'm sure it will be quickly pointed out) the FBI has never said anything about that tape and no one else has ever confirmed that they have heard or seen it. So again, that Matt made that statement is the claim of Arlene alone. It might be true, but the point was that Arlene is the source of many of these accusations, and until others step forward that remains the case.

--------------

Neither has anyone else! Arlene is the one who made the claim about what Matt said to Gail. The quote came from her. Unless I missed something (and if I did I'm sure it will be quickly pointed out) the FBI has never said anything about that tape and no one else has ever confirmed that they have heard or seen it. So again, that Matt made that statement is the claim of Arlene alone. It might be true, but the point was that Arlene is the source of many of these accusations, and until others step forward that remains the case.

And IF true perhaps FBI is holding it close to vest and will release it in due time...JMHO

I know one thing for certain IF I was MP and in anyway involved in what happened to my wife and her demise I would be flat out scared to death right now...JMHO

Lets not forget Gail was fearful of something on the 30th. She even requested SMPD meet her at her home when she arrived. Also, the day before she left for Alabama she was given a number for a safe house..
Does anyone else think it strange she left as early as she did to return home on the 30th when she had basically just arrived in Alabama and had even made plans for a Saturday event in Alabama..

WHY did Gail come back to Signal Mtn as quickly as she did?

IIRC most of us here read at one point MP had given Gail ultimatums on two different occasions (two weeks in a row) both being on a Friday..

I just find it all way too strange Gail has a fatal crash, ends up dead, and this happened right after she dropped the children off at the house..JMHO

Yes, yes and yes to all of the above.

If you take just one of MP's actions, then you can justify it, but not if you look at everything as a whole.

Why would the girlfriend get a lawyer, too? I can't think of a single reason unless she was involved somehow.

IMHO..The rocks that are lined up in front of that grassy area where they are claiming the jeep left the road do not look like they weigh 450 lbs..JMHO

This site will give you an idea of how heavy rocks are. A rock 4X4X4 weights 10,240 lbs.

http://www.delawarequarries.com/landscape/boulders/boulderwt.html

boulder-weight.gif

Great chart, Joe Friday! Thank you. :)

It's hard to know the exact scale of those rocks by the road. I wonder if the one that fell was removed from the crash site? Hope so.

This site will give you an idea of how heavy rocks are. A rock 4X4X4 weights 10,240 lbs.

http://www.delawarequarries.com/landscape/boulders/boulderwt.html

boulder-weight.gif

I just looked again and they do appear to be relatively big, however I do recall reading neighbors thought vandals perhaps moved it and IIRC MSM was reporting at one time it was possible for a person to move it..
I just don't know how there wasn't evidence of a rock that size being dragged from that point to where the jeep went off the mountain...JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni