what does the BLOOD tell us

O.K. so now I am more confused than ever. Patsy says she doesn't remember buying one or two packages of panties? I thought that at some point (in some interview) she said that she bought one package for JBR and one for Jenny??
I could've sworn that JBR had those Bloomies (size 6) in her dresser.
I used to know this case like the back of my hand, but have now forgot a lot of details. I should have never taken a hiatus from WS! :crazy:

LE said that they found ONLY size 4 and 6 panties in JB's drawers (NO size 12). They never stated whether ANY of the panties found were BLOOMIES Day Of The Week Panties. So it is not certain that there were a set of Bloomies panties in size 6.
In her interview, Patsy states that she does not remember whether she bought one set or two.
As a mom myself, you WOULD remember whether you bought a specialty item like that for your own child as well as a niece. I simply do not believe she doesn't remember. I also can't believe that she would buy a set for her niece and not a set for JB. This is yet another instance of "Ramsesia".

LE said that they found ONLY size 4 and 6 panties in JB's drawers (NO size 12). They never stated whether ANY of the panties found were BLOOMIES Day Of The Week Panties. So it is not certain that there were a set of Bloomies panties in size 6.
In her interview, Patsy states that she does not remember whether she bought one set or two.
As a mom myself, you WOULD remember whether you bought a specialty item like that for your own child as well as a niece. I simply do not believe she doesn't remember. I also can't believe that she would buy a set for her niece and not a set for JB. This is yet another instance of "Ramsesia".

DeeDee249,
So it is not certain that there were a set of Bloomies panties in size 6.
Really, what is it that allows your uncertainty? When there are no size-12's BDP let you know immediately.

Why did they not tell you there was no Bloomingdales in size-6?

DeeDee249,

Really, what is it that allows your uncertainty? When there are no size-12's BDP let you know immediately.

Why did they not tell you there was no Bloomingdales in size-6?

I am puzzled by your question. "They" didn't tell ME anything. I wasn't there.
What I said was that BPD made NO specific mention of whether any of the size 6 panties they said they found were Bloomies Day Of The Week Panties.
If you know of a link showing police stating there WERE Bloomies panties in her drawer, let me know.
I am UNCERTAIN as to whether there were any size 6 BLOOMIES panties in her drawer because I have never seen anywhere any statement by anyone in LE that they found any other Bloomies panties except the pair of size 12 found on JB's body.
They let it be known that there were no other size 12 panties because when Patsy claims to have put the size 12 panties in JB's drawer, police tell her that they did not find them. They also tell her during this same interview that they found ONLY size 4 and 6 panties in there. They did not mention whether any of the 4 and 6 panties were Bloomies panties.

Thanks for your responses, UKGuy and DeeDee! So, LE found the correct size (for JBR) in her dresser, but they were not the "days of the week" panties??

I am puzzled by your question. "They" didn't tell ME anything. I wasn't there.
What I said was that BPD made NO specific mention of whether any of the size 6 panties they said they found were Bloomies Day Of The Week Panties.
If you know of a link showing police stating there WERE Bloomies panties in her drawer, let me know.
I am UNCERTAIN as to whether there were any size 6 BLOOMIES panties in her drawer because I have never seen anywhere any statement by anyone in LE that they found any other Bloomies panties except the pair of size 12 found on JB's body.
They let it be known that there were no other size 12 panties because when Patsy claims to have put the size 12 panties in JB's drawer, police tell her that they did not find them. They also tell her during this same interview that they found ONLY size 4 and 6 panties in there. They did not mention whether any of the 4 and 6 panties were Bloomies panties.

DeeDee249,
Patsy stated that she purchased Bloomingdales underwear for JonBenet, as selected by her. What was conveniently never asked was what size. Patsy emphasized she purchased a set for her niece Jenny Davis e.g. the size-12's.

In that interview, if there had been no Bloomingdale underwear in JonBenet's underwear drawer, then along with telling Patsy about the absence of the size-12's, this would also have been added and asked to explain this?

I think we can all be certain that there was Bloomingdale underwear in JonBenet's drawer, what is much more salient is whether there was a Wednesday pair in the drawer, Bloomingdales or not?

The absence of such a pair seals the staging and makes the case RDI!

DeeDee249,
Patsy stated that she purchased Bloomingdales underwear for JonBenet, as selected by her. What was conveniently never asked was what size. Patsy emphasized she purchased a set for her niece Jenny Davis e.g. the size-12's.

In that interview, if there had been no Bloomingdale underwear in JonBenet's underwear drawer, then along with telling Patsy about the absence of the size-12's, this would also have been added and asked to explain this?

I think we can all be certain that there was Bloomingdale underwear in JonBenet's drawer, what is much more salient is whether there was a Wednesday pair in the drawer, Bloomingdales or not?

The absence of such a pair seals the staging and makes the case RDI!

How can we be certain there are ANY Bloomies panties in the drawer? Police said they found NO size 12 Bloomies panties there, but they did NOT state that they DID find any Bloomies of ANY size. So we can't be certain. If you have a link to a statement showing police did find Bloomies panties, please let me know, because I missed that.
Now, I happen to believe there were Bloomies panties in JB's own size, and that she was wearing a Wednesday pair that day. And I believe they were bloodied in the assault or were soiled in some way that Patsy feared might implicate her in the death. And I believe these panties were destroyed (in the fireplace?) or removed from the house before LE searched it.
I agree that their absence seals the staging. BUT we can't be CERTAIN the panties existed in the first place.

How can we be certain there are ANY Bloomies panties in the drawer? Police said they found NO size 12 Bloomies panties there, but they did NOT state that they DID find any Bloomies of ANY size. So we can't be certain. If you have a link to a statement showing police did find Bloomies panties, please let me know, because I missed that.
Now, I happen to believe there were Bloomies panties in JB's own size, and that she was wearing a Wednesday pair that day. And I believe they were bloodied in the assault or were soiled in some way that Patsy feared might implicate her in the death. And I believe these panties were destroyed (in the fireplace?) or removed from the house before LE searched it.
I agree that their absence seals the staging. BUT we can't be CERTAIN the panties existed in the first place.

DeeDee249,
How can we be certain there are ANY Bloomies panties in the drawer?
Well Patsy stated she purchased them and BPD never stated they were missing, as were the Bloomingdales size-12's. So why bother to highlight the absence of one size and neglect the other? e.g. Patsy made categoric claims about both Bloomingdales sizes.

I suspect there was no Wedesday featured Bloomingdales to be found in her drawer, and with Patsy locked into stating she purchased a set of Bloomingdales, which JonBenet chose herself. the missing pair becomes particularly relevant when contrasted with the size-12's.

DeeDee249,

Well Patsy stated she purchased them and BPD never stated they were missing, as were the Bloomingdales size-12's. So why bother to highlight the absence of one size and neglect the other? e.g. Patsy made categoric claims about both Bloomingdales sizes.

I suspect there was no Wedesday featured Bloomingdales to be found in her drawer, and with Patsy locked into stating she purchased a set of Bloomingdales, which JonBenet chose herself. the missing pair becomes particularly relevant when contrasted with the size-12's.

Patsy stated she purchased the size 12 panties for her niece. She said she did not remember if she purchased a set for JB (in her own size). We do not know for CERTAIN if she did. BPD never said they were missing because it was never proved they existed in the first place. They did ask her about it- and she only said she did not recall if she bought two sets or one.
I do not remember reading where JB was with her when she bought the panties in New York and chose them herself.
Do you have a link for that or remember where you read that?
As far as I know, Patsy bought the panties on the trip to New York where she went WITHOUT JB. Patsy made two trips to New York that Fall, one with JB and one without.

Patsy stated she purchased the size 12 panties for her niece. She said she did not remember if she purchased a set for JB (in her own size). We do not know for CERTAIN if she did. BPD never said they were missing because it was never proved they existed in the first place. They did ask her about it- and she only said she did not recall if she bought two sets or one.
I do not remember reading where JB was with her when she bought the panties in New York and chose them herself.
Do you have a link for that or remember where you read that?
As far as I know, Patsy bought the panties on the trip to New York where she went WITHOUT JB. Patsy made two trips to New York that Fall, one with JB and one without.

DeeDee249,
I've posted on this topic so much I'm starting to recite it line for line. Now without being pedantic, what I interpret Patsy as stating is she could not remember if she purchased a pack of size-12's for JonBenet, but that she could indeed remember purchasing a set for Jenny Davis.

Patsy's Atlanta Interview
23 A. The first trip was a
24 mother-daughter trip with my mother Nedra
25 Paugh, my sister Pam Paugh, friends Susan

1 Flanders from Charlevoix, Michigan, and her
2 daughter and a friend of Susan's, Ms.
3 Kirkpatrick I believe was her name, and her
4 daughter, and JonBenet and myself.

2 Q. Which of those two trips did you
3 purchase the Bloomi's?
4 A. The first trip.
5 Q. Was it something that was selected
6 by JonBenet?
7 A. I believe so.
8 Q. Was it your intention, when you
9 purchased those, for those to be for her,
10 not for some third party as a gift?
11 A. I bought some things that were
12 gifts and some things for her. So I
13 don't --
14 Q. Just so I am clear, though, it is
15 your best recollection that the purchase of
16 the underpants, the Bloomi's days of the
17 week, was something that you bought for her,
18 whether it was just I am buying underwear
19 for my kids or these are special, here's a
20 present, that doesn't matter, but it was your
21 intention that she would wear those?
22 A. Well, I think that I bought a
23 package of the -- they came in a package of
24 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
25 I think I bought a package to give to my

1 niece.
2 Q. Which niece was that?
3 A. Jenny Davis.
4 Q. They came in, if you recall, do
5 you remember that they come in kind of a
6 plastic see-through plastic container.
7 A. Right.
8 Q. They are rolled up?
9 A. Yes.
10 Q. So if I understand you correctly,
11 you bought one package for Jenny Davis, your
12 niece, and one for JonBenet?
13 A. I am not sure if I bought one or
14 two.

Patsy is being deliberately vague, she is attempting to wriggle out of dealing directly with the size-12's. She states she purchased Bloomingdales as selected by JonBenet, then she states she purchased size-12's for Jenny Davis, then she is asked:
10 Q. So if I understand you correctly,
11 you bought one package for Jenny Davis, your
12 niece, and one for JonBenet?
13 A. I am not sure if I bought one or
14 two.
So the interviewer has nailed Patsy to the ground, and she invokes ramnesia to explain away why there will most definitely not be two packs of Bloomingdale size-12's to be found in the house!

Then again you might be 100% correct that no size-6 Bloomingdales were found in her drawer and that her story about JonBenet selecting her underwear is fabricated to cover for the size-12's?

Patsy does not state explicitly that JonBenet selected size-6 Bloomingdales, only that they were Day Of The Week Bloomingdales.

Patsy is explicit here that she made a purchase for JonBenet and one for Jenny Davis. e.g.
11 A. I bought some things that were
12 gifts and some things for her.

So Patsy might be attempting to deceive her interviewer, and that might be why she is eventually told no size-12's were found anywhere in the house. If correct then along with the pineapple it destroys the Ramsey's credibility?

So what do you think, was Patsy being deliberately ambiguous, e.g. I purchased size-12's for Jenny Davis, but I forget if I purchased any for JonBenet, e.g. is that any Bloomingdale underwear of any size? Then she goes on to state she gave Jonbenet the size-12's to explain away how JonBenet is discovered wearing them?

Also, Patsy describes in detail what the packaging on the Bloomies was (rolled up in a plastic tube, if I read it correctly). How does she not remember how many packages she bought? If she was "drawn" to the Bloomies, why did she start at Jenny's size? I have never even thought to buy my nieces underwear (it seems kind of weird). I would think Patsy would be looking at JB's size.
So, basically, I think she bought 2 sets.

Also, Patsy describes in detail what the packaging on the Bloomies was (rolled up in a plastic tube, if I read it correctly). How does she not remember how many packages she bought? If she was "drawn" to the Bloomies, why did she start at Jenny's size? I have never even thought to buy my nieces underwear (it seems kind of weird). I would think Patsy would be looking at JB's size.

Squishified,
Two sets, and what were the sizes?

Patsy describes in detail what the packaging on the Bloomies was (rolled up in a plastic tube, if I read it correctly).
No Patsy does not remember she is prompted e.g.
Q. Just so I am clear, though, it is
15 your best recollection that the purchase of
16 the underpants, the Bloomi's days of the
17 week, was something that you bought for her,
The interviewer is not so clear here, since although its assumed the subject is Bloomi's days of the week, there is no mention of the size. At this point it is the Bloomingdales allegedly purchased for JonBenet that are being discussed.

Well, I think that I bought a
23 package of the -- they came in a package of
24 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
25 I think I bought a package to give to my

1 niece.
2 Q. Which niece was that?
3 A. Jenny Davis.
In line number 23 we have a crucial phrase missing e.g. the --, but lets assume its the Bloomingdales size-12's, since they are referred to as Days Of The Week. Then starting at 0081 Patsy states she purchased a similar package for Jenny Davis!

So there should have been two sets of Bloomingdale size-12's to be found in the Ramsey household?

Not unless Patsy is lying through her teeth?

In addition consider how Patsy is prompted:
Start of the Atlanta Interview
18 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Well, let's start
19 with what - I will make it very simple for
20 you, Mrs. Ramsey. What information are you
21 in possession of or what do you know about
22 the underwear that your daughter was wearing
23 at the time she was found murdered?
24 A. I have heard that she had on a
25 pair of Bloomi's that said Wednesday on them.

Here Patsy is again prompted as to when she purchased the size-12's, and for DeeDee249 it has to be the first visit, since on the second JonBenet is participating in the Boulder Christmas Parade.
23 A. The first trip was a
24 mother-daughter trip with my mother Nedra
25 Paugh, my sister Pam Paugh, friends Susan

1 Flanders from Charlevoix, Michigan, and her
2 daughter and a friend of Susan's, Ms.
3 Kirkpatrick I believe was her name, and her
4 daughter, and JonBenet and myself.
5 Q. And the second trip you made was?
6 A. The second trip we made was with
7 Glen and Susan Stein.
8 Q. Is that the trip -- which trip
9 was the November trip?
10 A. With the children.
11 Q. Was that -- that is the first
12 trip?
13 A. Yes.
14 Q. And the second trip that you and
15 your husband and the Steins took, was that
16 also November, but later in the month, or
17 was that a December trip?
18 A. I think it was December.
19 Q. And maybe this will help jog your
20 memory as to time. I believe that was the
21 time of the Christmas parade in Boulder.
22 A. Yes.
23 Q. Is that correct?
24 A. Yes.
25 Q. Were you out of town?

1 A. I remember that.
3 purchase the Bloomi's?
4 A. The first trip.

5 Q. (By Mr. Kane) Let me ask it
6 this way. Did you say you bought more than
7 one set of Bloomi's?
8 A. I can't remember.
9 Q. You bought some for JonBenet?
10 A. I can't remember.
11 Q. Why is it that you remember
12 buying Bloomingdale's panties in November of
13 1996?
14 A. Because --

5 A. I remember that I -- and I, you
6 know, we were kind of shopping around, and
7 it was close to Christmas season, so we
8 might pick up a little souvenir. I
9 bought -- I think I picked up a little
10 something for a baby-sitter, you know.
11 Q. Where was it that you became
12 aware that this was -- where was it that it
13 was made a big deal? What was the source
14 of your information that Bloomingdale's
15 panties somehow were significant that made
16 you then say, wait a second, did I ever buy
17 those?
18 MR. WOOD: Do you have a precise
19 recollection of that event occurring where
20 all of a sudden something happened and you
21 decided it was some big deal?
22 THE WITNESS: I don't know. I
23 mean, my first thought is something in the
24 tabloids, but, you know, they get everything
25 wrong, so --
So I wonder why BPD informed Patsy that it had to be on her first visit that she purchased the size-12's?

I think Patsy is deliberately being vague about the panties. Obviously, if she bought 2 sets, and one of them was for JB, they would not both be size 12. One set would be for Jenny (size 12) and the other set would be for JB (size 6). I think Patsy remembered exactly how many sets she bought.
We know that the remaining size 12 panties were not found in the house, and that a package of Bloomies panties in size 12 was sent to Boulder police (via a Ramsey attorney) 5 years later. No other Bloomies panties were mentioned as having been found in the home.
As far as the remaining size 12 that were sent 5 years later, we ASSUME they were the package from which the Wednesday panties found on JB were taken. Those panties were available at Bloomies for years, though the colors and patterns changed over the years. Bloomingdale's would have been able to identify whether the panties sent to LE by the Rs were consistent with the Day of the Week Bloomies sold in the New York store in 1996. I don't know wether LE ever tried to source those panties. I have not seen anything to indicate that they did.

Squishified,

Two sets, and what were the sizes?
Well, in my opinion one set was JBR's size and the other was the size 12s.

And now that I read it again, you are right UKGuy about Patsy being prompted about the packaging.

Atlanta 2000 interview with Patsy:

Q: They (the panties) came in, if you recall, do you remember if they come in kind of a plastic see-through plastic container?
A: Right.
Q: They are rolled up?
A: Yes.

This link has probably been posted before, but I found some interesting quotes I had never read before.
http://www.rense.com/general11/benet.htm

The link talks about who testified at the Grand Jury. Linda Hoffman-Pugh had some interesting things to say:
She said the GJ focused almost exclusively on PR. "It was almost all about Patsy, down to the underwear she had purchased from Bloomingdales. They wanted to know how she related to JB. I felt in my heart they were going to indict Patsy."
She said she told the GJ that Patsy had become very moody right before Christmas of 1996.
"I think she had multiple personalities. She'd be in a good mood and then she'd be cranky. She got into arguments with JonBenet about wearing a dress or about a friend coming over."

This link has probably been posted before, but I found some interesting quotes I had never read before.
http://www.rense.com/general11/benet.htm

The link talks about who testified at the Grand Jury. Linda Hoffman-Pugh had some interesting things to say:
She said the GJ focused almost exclusively on PR. "It was almost all about Patsy, down to the underwear she had purchased from Bloomingdales. They wanted to know how she related to JB. I felt in my heart they were going to indict Patsy."
She said she told the GJ that Patsy had become very moody right before Christmas of 1996.
"I think she had multiple personalities. She'd be in a good mood and then she'd be cranky. She got into arguments with JonBenet about wearing a dress or about a friend coming over."

Interesting that the list of people who testified before the GJ consists mostly of people whose testimony would be favorable to the Rs.

Looking at the profile pic of "Koldkase", I thought of something I have never thought of before. If the sizing of the bloomies on the model are similar to how they would have been on JB, what would happen to the crotch area when a pair of longjohns were pulled over them?

You would think that the gusset (crotch area) of the bloomies wouldn't sit where it normally would if she was wearing the correct size. Perhaps this is what the coroner means when he says the blood spots on the bloomies don't correspond?

Also, the gusset area would bunch up somewhat and perhaps make it double up resulting in a kind of padding, which could explain why the blood didn't seep onto the longjohns. Thoughts?

I think Patsy is deliberately being vague about the panties. Obviously, if she bought 2 sets, and one of them was for JB, they would not both be size 12. One set would be for Jenny (size 12) and the other set would be for JB (size 6). I think Patsy remembered exactly how many sets she bought.
We know that the remaining size 12 panties were not found in the house, and that a package of Bloomies panties in size 12 was sent to Boulder police (via a Ramsey attorney) 5 years later. No other Bloomies panties were mentioned as having been found in the home.
As far as the remaining size 12 that were sent 5 years later, we ASSUME they were the package from which the Wednesday panties found on JB were taken. Those panties were available at Bloomies for years, though the colors and patterns changed over the years. Bloomingdale's would have been able to identify whether the panties sent to LE by the Rs were consistent with the Day of the Week Bloomies sold in the New York store in 1996. I don't know wether LE ever tried to source those panties. I have not seen anything to indicate that they did.

DeeDee249,
I think Patsy is deliberately being vague about the panties.
Absolutely, right from the start e.g.
24 A. I have heard that she had on a
25 pair of Bloomi's that said Wednesday on them.
She knew what was coming and had to have some strategy worked out?

Obviously, if she bought 2 sets, and one of them was for JB, they would not both be size 12. One set would be for Jenny (size 12) and the other set would be for JB (size 6).
Well thats how we all expect it should transpire, but does that not mandate there must be some size-6 Bloomingdales in her drawer, or the house?

Since we have never been told if Bloomingdales were recovered from JonBenet's underwear drawer, or if there is a missing Wednesday pair, I guess this information has been deemed significant?

Then of course Patsy may not have purchased any underwear for JonBenet at all in Bloomingdales, just the size-12's for Jenny Davis.

Consider the transcript :
1 Q. The underwear that she was
2 wearing, that is Bloomi's panties, do you
3 know where they come from as far as what
4 store?
5 A. Bloomingdales in New York.
6 Q. Who purchased those?
7 A. I did.
8 Q. Do you recall when you purchased
9 them?
10 A. It was, I think, November of '96.
Here Patsy states she purchased the size-12 Bloomingdales in New York.

Here she states that JonBenet personally chose the Bloomingdale's size-12's
1 A. I remember that.
3 purchase the Bloomi's?
4 A. The first trip.
5 Q. Was it something that was selected
6 by JonBenet?
7 A. I believe so.

So according to Patsy there should really be two packs of Bloomingdale's size-12's. One chosen by JonBenet and the other chosen by Patsy for Jenny Davis!

How they then arrive at this point is beyond me:
1 A. Right.
2 Q. (By Ms. Harmer) Was there - I'm
3 sorry. Do you recall making a decision then
4 not to give them to Jenny or did JonBenet
5 express an interest in them; therefore, you
6 didn't give them to Jenny? How did that --
7 A. I can't say for sure. I mean, I
8 think I bought them with the intention of
9 sending them in a package of Christmas things
10 to Atlanta. Obviously I didn't get that
11 together, so I just put them in her, her
12 panty drawer. So they were free game.

At no point in the transcript does Patsy state the Bloomingdales that JonBenet selected were actually size-6, so since Det Harmer jumps to Jenny's size-12's, it must be safe to assume that there were Bloomingdale size-6's found in her underwear drawer. Otherwise at this point BPD would have no size-6 or size-12 Bloomingdales, despite Patsy stating she purchased them on her New York trip?

So Patsy's stategy was simply to play it by ear, she tried the I bought the Bloomingdales for JonBenet, but she selected them herself, with no size mentioned, but when the conversation turns to , are these panties not too large for JonBenet , and LW is interjecting, Patsy states:
1 A. I am sure that I put the package
2 of underwear in her bathroom, and she opened
3 them and put them on.

The ambiguity lies in the size feature. Patsy is hoping to pass off JonBenet's underwear, as found in the wine-cellar, as a little something she bought for JonBenet on her New York trip. When that fails, she admits I am sure, mild amnesia here, that I put the package of underwear in her bathroom.

So I reckon there must have been Bloomingdale size-6 underwear in her drawer, otherwise we would have been told by now. So its a racing certainty that the Bloomingdales Size-6 Wednesday pair is missing, otherwise BPD, Steve Thomas, Holly Smith et-al would have no reason at all for omitting this little detail?

Looking at the profile pic of "Koldkase", I thought of something I have never thought of before. If the sizing of the bloomies on the model are similar to how they would have been on JB, what would happen to the crotch area when a pair of longjohns were pulled over them?

You would think that the gusset (crotch area) of the bloomies wouldn't sit where it normally would if she was wearing the correct size. Perhaps this is what the coroner means when he says the blood spots on the bloomies don't correspond?

Also, the gusset area would bunch up somewhat and perhaps make it double up resulting in a kind of padding, which could explain why the blood didn't seep onto the longjohns. Thoughts?

Limaes,
Well he took them off, so I reckon he means what he says, e.g. he was expecting the blood spots to be located somewhere else, despite the size-12's being too large?

This could have occurred, it would depend on the amount of blood of course, and with JonBenet voiding her bladder the effect of osmosis should carry some blood through to her longjohns?

Without LE stating specifically or having it listed on evidence lists, we still cannot be certain there were Bloomies panties of ANY size in her drawer or that a set was bought for JB in her own size as well as the set bought for Jenny in size 12. Patsy merely stating such does not mandate anything.
We DO know that NO other size 12 panties were found in her drawer and that the remaining 6 pairs of the size 12 set were sent on to LE 5 years later in their original package. This tells us that Patsy did NOT put them in JB's drawer as she said she did, and it also indicates that only ONE pair was ever removed from the package- the pair that was put on JB that night, which ALSO proved Patsy never put them in her drawer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back