Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Booking Photo

scaledphptn0server875filenamesemwy.jpg

I look at this mug shot and shutter when I realize this person was in my Penna. History class in high school. It is still hard to believe and at the same time it is so easy to hate him. And mainly I wonder what kind of people allowed him to continue to do what he did to these children. :furious:

I agree with you. Nobody could wait a day or 10 days to find out that childs condition. It did not happen IMO.

I believe as soon as McQueary reported it to Paterno, Paterno got on the phone to Sandusky and told him to take care of the problem one way or the other. A day later Sandusky reports back he took care of the problem. I imagine money was paid to the family through the Second Mile.

Paterno calls and tells Shultz and Curley to come to his house and he tells them how they are going to handle it and what to say to McQueary and the President.

All IMO.

Another scenario is to view Paterno's role in the cover-up in a similiar vein to the role of Ronald Reagan played in Iron-Contra and Pope John Paul II played in the Catholic sex abuse scandal. Paterno did not orchestrate the cover-up. It was the job of his minions to protect the "Old Man." Curley, Schultz nor Spanier ever brought up the subject with JoePa. Schultz comes across as the perfect consigliere to Spanier. He was officially retired yet he still had various responsibilites, including President of the Village at Penn State board (http://www.villageatpennstate.com/board). JMO.

Another scenario is to view Paterno's role in the cover-up in a similiar vein to the role of Ronald Reagan played in Iron-Contra and Pope John Paul II played in the Catholic sex abuse scandal. Paterno did not orchestrate the cover-up. It was the job of his minions to protect the "Old Man." Curley, Schultz nor Spanier ever brought up the subject with JoePa. Schultz comes across as the perfect consigliere to Spanier. He was officially retired yet he still had various responsibilites, including President of the Village at Penn State board (http://www.villageatpennstate.com/board). JMO.

"All of JoePa's Men"

*(Thinking more of Watergate and Nixon, but I'm not sure if that's really true. I think people can know stuff but pretend they don't know. Cold but true. )

After being notified, Spanier HAD to involve Shultz because Shultz had been the university's financial guru for decades. Shultz had great knowledge of the university's and trustees' liability policies especially if they are self funded. It was also convenient that the financial guru (risk management) was head of the campus police department.

I think Shultz overseeing the University Police might be the key reason he was called.

"All of JoePa's Men"

*(Thinking more of Watergate and Nixon, but I'm not sure if that's really true. I think people can know stuff but pretend they don't know. Cold but true. )

"All of JoePa's Men" :floorlaugh:

We need to come up with a catchy title for Sara Ganim's future book on this scandal.

Dottie Sandusky Issues Statement, Expresses Anger over 'False Accusations' (statecollege.com)
---
....I want to express our sorrow for all the hurt that has come to those who have supported us and our beloved Penn State and State College Communities.
---
I continue to believe in Jerry's innocence and all the good things he has done. Jerry's many success stories with his Second Mile kids and positive memories of those kids keep me going. I am asking everyone to please be reasonable and open-minded until both sides of this case are heard, and Jerry has the opportunity to prove his innocence.
---
the rest at link above

So is Dottie calling at least one of her grandkids liars? Pffft!

Dottie needs her own ankle bracelet and I hope she gets it before this is all over.

Dottie needs her own ankle bracelet and I hope she gets it before this is all over.

Yes, the latest victim saying he knew she was upstairs and yelled out for help and she didn't go down convinced me she knew what was going on.

When someone in the house yells out you recognize a cry for help as opposed to someone yelling for you to come help find their shoes or socks etc.

Calling for help when being harmed is a clear and distinctive cry which is easily recognizable. :twocents:

Sandusky's night in jail makes me wonder if this has changed his mental state and he will shed his arrogance.

And she only spoke up when she was accused of ignoring a call for help. Telling I think, maybe she didn't hear the boy but I am now convinced she knew.

From yesterday:

I guess cash doesn't really mean cash if you're a child rapist in happy lil ole Happy Valley, PA:

After his "I'm good for it" $100,000 bond, they've let this rapist waltz right back out the door after securing a $250,000.00 bond with a $50K cashier's check and some type of holdings in today's depressed real estate economy.

$350,000.00 in total bonds and all the county's holding is a $50K check and a couple of promises.

Kinda gives you a warm fuzzy feelin all over, doesn't it?

I just wonder if a fair trial can be held in happy valley. It seems that anyone associated with the Penn State Football Program gets a free pass on a lot of stuff. I wonder if they can seat an impartial jury, let alone an impartial judge. JMO

Dottie said she 'never witnessed Jerry sexually abusing anyone'. Then again she didn't go to the basement when there was a cry for 'help' and per other testimony of victims they didn't see Dottie much!

I was gonna post something very similar. She says she never "Witnessed" any abuse. I'd like to ask her if she ever heard any.

This is a curiously worded statement from The Big Ten Conference:

"While it is premature to reach any conclusions regarding civil or criminal liability arising out of these events, there does appear to be sufficient information to raise significant concerns as to whether a concentration of power in a single individual or program may have threatened or eroded institutional control of intercollegiate athletics at Penn State," the conference wrote in a release.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/big-ten-may-impose-sanctions-on-penn-state-955636/

Wonder which individual they're concerned about having too much power?

accusers are making up their stories

Dottie Sandusky said she is devastated by the accusations and that no such incident occurred

"I am so sad anyone would make such a terrible accusation which is absolutely untrue," she said. "We don't know why these young men have made these false accusations, but we want everyone to know they are untrue."

:furious: Wonder if she'd remain in denial if one of their adopted boys came to her and told her his 'dad' had molested and raped him???

Wonder just how much Sandusky's house is worth with the news reporting constantly about the "Basement of Horrors".:waitasec:
Zillow has an estimate of $321,900 and shows a value range of $235K – $489K. Court could have a tough time selling that place IF he is found guilty on most (all) counts and they decide to deduct fines from the bond. Who would want to live there knowing what went on in that house.

I just wonder if a fair trial can be held in happy valley. It seems that anyone associated with the Penn State Football Program gets a free pass on a lot of stuff. I wonder if they can seat an impartial jury, let alone an impartial judge. JMO

I was gonna post something very similar. She says she never "Witnessed" any abuse. I'd like to ask her if she ever heard any.

I'm beginning to wonder the same thing about any trial! Geez, I can't believe the judges in that town...do they not think abuse of children is important?

The child said he 'screamed'...I would think unless she has a sound proof room and was wearing earplugs, she had to have heard him. She has a big 'ol case of denial...but I've never heard of it affecting someone's hearing before...

And that picture is the same one that Pensfan found before and I also searched last night and couldn't find anything else. She must have it copyrighted!

"I have been shocked and dismayed by the allegations made against Jerry, particularly the most recent one ....."
http://www.statecollege.com/news/lo...xpresses-anger-over-false-accusations-955758/

Sarge only made a statement to express her thanks to everyone and declare Jerry's innocence when SHE was implicated.

(That photo of her is the only photo I can find on the internet. She lived in that city for decades and was the wife of the assistant football coach who was somewhat of a celebrity. There are lots of photos of him and none of her. Why are there no photos of her at Second Mile fundraisers, athletic banquets, Sue Paterno's fundraisers, local symphony orchestra/theatre/arts fundraisers, attending local events, and etc...? Weird. Maybe she never left her house?)

It's a possible explanation; neverthless, the delay was totally unacceptable. Beyond the moral deficiency of such a slow response, it was also a violation of university protocol.(http://studentaffairs.psu.edu/womenscenter/pdf/protocol.pdf) The police should have been notified immediately.

By law, the police and Children's Protective Services...in fact they should have been called immediately so they could come and get the child out of that situation and investigate what was going on...I fault McCreary with that failure altho I'm glad due to him the case was even documented for later use in the charges...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong