Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the same St. John's which has the pedophile monks, a missing student, and a possible connection to the perv music teacher that likely "disappeared" Jacob Wetterling? I can't read the link. It says I have to log in.

Yes, it is. I just googled his name and he is in Collegeville, MN. Interesting.

Yah. Some of us have been studying these unsolved cases for years. Truly makes you wonder what all of these national cases have in common...

Yah. Some of us have been studying these unsolved cases for years. Truly makes you wonder what all of these national cases have in common...
Even in this day and age I find MOST people are NOT comfortable discussing crimes. It's still like it's almost a taboo subject. Not sure if it's the 'fear' that makes people uncomfortable or if the masses genuinely are just not aware of the scope & magnitude of the problem. People do seem to follow the 'headlines' but as soon as a particular crime drops off the media radar....the public loses sight of it as well. I think for the most part, the public is naive about just how much & widespread crime is. My family thinks I'm overly sensitive about crime/being a victim but....I think they are too lax and trusting.

Hate to beat a dead horse but.....I'm still disturbed about this last bond Sandusky got.....and posted??? I seriously didn't think anyone would have/risk that kind of money just so he wouldn't have to sit in jail. I thought it was low and that was just for 12 charges!!! His bond situation with the first 40 is what's MOST disturbing still. There may be other charges brewing in the background as we speak (just a guess not a fact) and I can only wonder what Jerry & wife do then bond wise? My supposition is only based on thinking these most recent charges MAY bring more victims out.

Reader says:

So it seems that the 'tactic' of Amendola is to attack McQueary as a liar about the entire event. He's really going to need his father and Paterno to back him up on what he said. (we know the other 2 were lying) But is Paterno going to be able to testify?

I found this picture of McQueary and Paterno taken Nov. 11th at what may have been their last practice. I think the body langauge implies that McQueary will never expect backup from Paterno.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_1...-sure-it-stopped/?tag=contentMain;contentBody

(You may have already seen this article in thread No.3)

Reader says:

So it seems that the 'tactic' of Amendola is to attack McQueary as a liar about the entire event. He's really going to need his father and Paterno to back him up on what he said. (we know the other 2 were lying) But is Paterno going to be able to testify?

I found this picture of McQueary and Paterno taken Nov. 11th at what may have been their last practice. I think the body langauge implies that McQueary will never expect backup from Paterno.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_1...-sure-it-stopped/?tag=contentMain;contentBody

(You may have already seen this article in thread No.3)

The only thing is that Paterno has already testified to the grand jury so he can't change that now without getting in a lot more trouble.

Read page 80. Some of Dottie’s clothing disappeared on Jerry's and Sarge's honeymoon.

I wonder if Jerry has another paraphilia and it is cross-dressing.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-Sandusky-Story/dp/1582613575/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323401122&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story (9781582613574): Jerry Sandusky: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SRnoJKLLL.@@AMEPARAM@@41SRnoJKLLL[/ame]

Hate to beat a dead horse but.....I'm still disturbed about this last bond Sandusky got.....and posted??? I seriously didn't think anyone would have/risk that kind of money just so he wouldn't have to sit in jail. I thought it was low and that was just for 12 charges!!! His bond situation with the first 40 is what's MOST disturbing still. There may be other charges brewing in the background as we speak (just a guess not a fact) and I can only wonder what Jerry & wife do then bond wise? My supposition is only based on thinking these most recent charges MAY bring more victims out.

It disturbs me, and I think most people, that this is allowed. It was supposed to be ALL posted in CASH...so what did the judge base this change on? The way the court has handled this case so far doesn't give me a good feeling at all. I hope the preliminary hearing is run more fairly.

If any one of us were to be facing over 50 charges of child rape and molestation, do you think we'd even be granted bail...nope!

The only thing is that Paterno has already testified to the grand jury so he can't change that now without getting in a lot more trouble.
Prosecution or defense.....I wouldn't be hangin' my hat on Paterno as a witness. His health is not good at all and.....he IS up there age wise. Hopefully the AG is able to try their case soon but from a realistic standpoint.....that's probably not going to happen as trials of this magnitude 'generally' go. This could drag on for a while especially with future charges possibly lingering that we don't know about yet.

If any one of us were to be facing over 50 charges of child rape and molestation, do you think we'd even be granted bail...nope!
Wish I could triple thank your post!!!

I've been reading this site some tonite and there are some good articles about the case:

http://onwardstate.com/

The comments to the article about Dottie's statement today are very similar to our own thoughts, even more extreme. There were only a couple which were sympathetic.

This page has links to several columns written by professors at Penn St. regarding the case:

http://www.statecollege.com/news/co...faculty-weighs-in-on-sandusky-scandal-943488/

"Vincent Colapietro reminds us that we do not yet know whether we are looking at "a definitive conspiracy of silence" or the lapses of "finite, fallible and arguably fallen beings." Quote: "What I do know about humans is that we have great difficulty in seeing what stares us in the face."

Prosecution or defense.....I wouldn't be hangin' my hat on Paterno as a witness. His health is not good at all and.....he IS up there age wise. Hopefully the AG is able to try their case soon but from a realistic standpoint.....that's probably not going to happen as trials of this magnitude 'generally' go. This could drag on for a while especially with future charges possibly lingering that we don't know about yet.

Good point! If he can just make it to the prelim hearing, what he testifies will at least be on record and can be used later if needed. Sometimes they can even get it on video just in case...

Good point! If he can just make it to the prelim hearing, what he testifies will at least be on record and can be used later if needed. Sometimes they can even get it on video just in case...
Fingers crossed he will be able to testify but....even if he does....I don't think his testimony is going lean towards the prosecution side :rolleyes:. If his health has allowed I would imagine he's been being WELL schooled on what to do when/if he's called to the 'stand'.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500202_...ested-me/?tag=storyMediaBox;postSpecialReport

This is an article from yesterday about the new accuser (no charges as yet) represented by Charles Schmidt but it also has some other interesting remarks:

Why, Hill asked, would someone make up an allegation like that?

Amendola replied, "Well, in order to believe Mike McQueary, you would have to believe he told (Penn State Atletic Director) Tim Curley (who's now on administratvie leave), (Penn State Vice President) Gary Schultz (who was in charge of the school's police department and has now stepped down) and (now fired Penn State head coach) Joe Paterno that he observed Jerry Sandusky having anal sex with a young child in a shower at Penn State and they did nothing about it.

"Now, I know those three men. They're not my friends, but I know them," Amendola said. "They are reputable, very conservative people, and I don't believe for a second that they were told that information and did nothing about it other than to tell Jerry Sandusky simply, 'Don't shower with kids in the Penn State shower rooms anymore.' That makes no sense."

This tactic will fail - it's a slippery slope.

Amendola is trying to do a clever trick of scapegoating Curley, Shultz, and Paterno because they are in trouble too and he knows they can't or won't admit they stood by and did nothing. Their lawyers won't let them talk either way. So he is using their silence to "prove" that nothing happened with Sandusky and his victims.

But it's a slippery slope because the university and the public and the world know the facts from McQueary and the victim testimony.

The problem is that those guys believed that since the first Grand Jury failed to indict Sandusky then they figured it was all over back then and the allegations would just go away. Maybe they thought Jerry would "cure" himself or something - magical thinking.

We all know they were indifferent to the victims and only cared about reputations, money, and the football program. So Amendola is trying to say that his client is innocent compared to those guys, but Curley and Paterno were fired BECAUSE of Sandusky, not the other way around. :twocents:

Dottie is either in deep denial or is an enabler. I am leaning towards enabler.
My opinion....it's both. I don't think Jerry forced her into a subservient type role......he's just a 'juvenile' after all and not capable of that type of manipulation. I believe she chose her role all by herself. I can't help but wonder though if she may be still living in her high school days just like Jer? Does she have that same juvenile mentality JS seems to come across with? That same demeanor Amendola says Jer has?

Well, I don't think she even believes what she's saying...she knew just as the rest of the players at Penn. St. who were involved in the cover ups of
1998 and 2002 knew...she knew about those too IMO...

I think she got a visit or call from Mr. Amendola and he told her that since she was named in the charge on victim #9, it was time for her to find her voice and say something good about her husband if she didn't want to end up charged also and lose everything she has....

I totally agree ~ she is in denial and living in cuckoo land through the looking glass.

I guess having to empty accounts to get the bail money brought her out of her sound-proof silent shell that she lives in most of the time.

Gah - what makes me gag is that she is spouting the same carp as Jerry: I love kids, no really, I love them, and I'm a parent, and I've always helped kids, because I love them, and so you need to trust me, and believe everything I say, because I really really love kids.

Yeah, so did Joan Crawford, lady!

*throws up*

Dottie is either in deep denial or is an enabler. I am leaning towards enabler.
Codependents/enablers frequently have an huge problem of their own that they have hidden from everyone's view. Whatever Sarge's problem is, it might have kept her at home and prohibited her from going to charity events/banquets/parties/State College events because there are no photos of her on the internet except for one. I wonder if it is :tipsy:

verified psychiatric mental health nurse

My opinion....it's both. I don't think Jerry forced her into a subservient type role......he's just a 'juvenile' after all and not capable of that type of manipulation. I believe she chose her role all by herself. I can't help but wonder though if she may be still living in her high school days just like Jer? Does she have that same juvenile mentality JS seems to come across with? That same demeanor Amendola says Jer has?
The nickname Jerry gave Sarge prolly answers your question. :)

The nickname Jerry gave Sarge prolly answers your question. :)
She's the "teacher" and he's the "student"? I think it may have been a case of the blind leading the blind possibly. The only way we'll probably ever learn much about those family dynamics is if one of their children speak up.

She's the "teacher" and he's the "student"? I think it may have been a case of the blind leading the blind possibly. The only way we'll probably ever learn much about those family dynamics is if one of their children speak up.
I think she is the bossy one who tries to rescue him from his mistakes because he is just a "big, goofy kid" (what Amendola called him too). Go to Sandusky putrid book on Amazon and look at their rehearsal dinner wedding photo in the chapter on Dottie. Sandusky and has family are all smiles and Dottie is serious looking. While you are there, read page 81 and 82 where Sarge is shouting, "Fire! Fire!" after their car slid down a small hill, but came to rest safely. Yep. Don't miss Sandusky's loving response (sarcasm) to his new bride's behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle