NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being Shannon's body was not found in the marsh, and was found in the bramble area, there is no way she could have run in there herself. The marsh, she really could have drowned. However, the bramble is a tough, difficult terrain to just run in.
Greg Kelly (son of PC Ray Kelly, NYC) of Fox 5 news this morning said he thinks that the police are putting the story that she drowned out there for the SK.
There is no question that someone contacted LE, IMO.
This is being done to smoke out the SK.

Very interesting photo that tells us so much.

This is a photo to the trail leading towards where the remains were found. Look in the background. Notice that the home is about 1000 feet away. The homes there are perched up on stilts to protect them from damage from extreme high tides and to also give them views of the bay. Anyone in that home with a pair of binoculars could have easily zoomed-in on the remains.

NYANE501_1236946e.jpg

We're seeing over the top of the brush to see the residences. The remains would have been on the ground (or in the water?) & hidden by the growth.

DS is Dave Schaller Amber's roommate. A few posters on here claim he is flukeyou but idk if that is true. The drifter is named in a german article as Lenny. If anyone can find that article...they are a super sleuth because I have been looking for months

I'm not sure if it is against the mods rules for me to post this, since it is about a social media site, but MG also referred to the guy as "Lenny" on the private FB page in a post where they are talking about JB's house up for sale. They also discuss where "the guy who has been living there" will go, who I am assuming is also "Lenny".

Very interesting photo that tells us so much.

This is a photo to the trail leading towards where the remains were found. Look in the background. Notice that the home is about 1000 feet away. The homes there are perched up on stilts to protect them from damage from extreme high tides and to also give them views of the bay. Anyone in that home with a pair of binoculars could have easily zoomed-in on the remains.

NYANE501_1236946e.jpg

Are you saying you think the body was just moved there recently?

@walzingmatilda:
Yes, this was the opposite side of OP. The others were found on the North side, this is the South side.

The searchers were in that area but were not able to locate her body due to the thickness of the brambles. if it was possible to go through it, albeit slowly, the police would not have gone to all that trouble of cutting down the brambles and draining that area of the marsh. if the police couldn't even go through the area and locate her body without having to use equipment to cut down the brambles, how would it have been possible for a serial killer to have done so unless he's superman?

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/cops-remains-likely-those-of-shannan-gilbert-1.3385742

From what I understand, the searchers came in from the south through the community, and drained the marsh and cut down vegetation from there. Obviously, that is very marshy, brambly terrain and to get through it and search thoroughly, they did have to drain the area and cut through a lot of bramble, because it was approximately 1/3 of a mile worth of vegetation and marsh from the community to the remains...but I think the alternative theory is that the SK could have entered from the north, via Ocean Parkway, and only maneuvered through 100 feet of brambles, where SG's remains were discovered. It definitely wouldn't take a superman to do that...

I think so too reannan. This is sooo sad. IF it is Shannan, she almost made it to the Pkwy.

I am still on the fence about how she ended up there til more info comes out. I may be wrong but it appears that SG was found on the direct opposite side of the Pkwy from where the first 4 bodies were found. Can someone set me straight on this?

It is on the opposite side, but further east. The first 4 bodies were found west of the OB community, by Gilgo. This was found east of OB...

Being Shannon's body was not found in the marsh, and was found in the bramble area, there is no way she could have run in there herself. The marsh, she really could have drowned. However, the bramble is a tough, difficult terrain to just run in.
Greg Kelly (son of PC Ray Kelly, NYC) of Fox 5 news this morning said he thinks that the police are putting the story that she drowned out there for the SK.
There is no question that someone contacted LE, IMO.
This is being done to smoke out the SK.

A part of me has to agree. They were supposedly given a pretty specific tip...the entire time they were searching they reiterated over and over again the they were sure they were going to find her body in there, even though they spent countless fruitless hours searching before, they "found" her stuff and came up with this crazy theory about her drowning and then they found her 100 feet from the road on what appears to be pretty dry land???

I've been told that the condition of her items found was not consistent with how long they had supposedly been there...Could it be that the cops planted those items there to set the stage for the drowning story so that they could aggravate the tipster or even the SK, if they are not one in the same...

Thanks Ashley and Bella! LI runs E/W and the maps kerfuzzle my sense of direction. I guess because I am used to the roads running N/S on the island where I live:/

I appreciate the help with the visual.

wm

A part of me has to agree. They were supposedly given a pretty specific tip...the entire time they were searching they reiterated over and over again the they were sure they were going to find her body in there, even though they spent countless fruitless hours searching before, they "found" her stuff and came up with this crazy theory about her drowning and then they found her 100 feet from the road on what appears to be pretty dry land???

I've been told that the condition of her items found was not consistent with how long they had supposedly been there...Could it be that the cops planted those items there to set the stage for the drowning story so that they could aggravate the tipster or even the SK, if they are not one in the same...

That's what I think, and I think Greg Kelly said that too this morning. He said it's a ridiculous assumption to think she ran in there and drowned, but perhaps the SK wants recognition, and the way to get to him, is put out a story that will anger him. It has to be....why else would they do it? LE has consistently held information close to the chest, they aren't about to show their hand.
Now, I do believe if her body had been found in the marsh or drainage ditch, the scenario is very, very likely. She really could have drowned.
The bramble area is a totally different story! IMO.

Ashley, I do believe that could be a questionable practice, but there job is first and foremost to make an arrest. Get this monster off the streets.

I am sticking to my guns...who says this killer doesn't have the clothing and a way to get back there...and that only police can do it....also at the time of year where goathair says the vegetation is lower and softer, not the dried out wooden mess you see in December.

I call BS....cops got a tip....

I am sticking to my guns...who says this killer doesn't have the clothing and a way to get back there...and that only police can do it....also at the time of year where goathair says the vegetation is lower and softer, not the dried out wooden mess you see in December.

I call BS....cops got a tip....

Agreed 100%....with all the arguing and debating going on here, many questions are certainly up for debate. However, I strongly believe somehow cops got a tip to search the area specifically, and if true as another poster put it, SG's belongings were placed there recently.

Now of course if an autopsy confirms she died of natural causes, I'll believe it and move forward. But I am certainly not interested in debating things on this site just to prove who can be more right at this point.

I've created a new [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7437332#post7437332"]thread[/ame] under the Long Island Serial Killer category. Please feel free to join the discussion. Here was my first post:

Carman Monaco, Jr.

This thread is for discussing Carman Monaco, Jr. as a possible suspect in the Long Island serial murders.

Please note that this thread is not meant to discuss Oak Beach residents or Shannan Gilbert. The assumption is that Shannan died of accidental causes and is unrelated to the serial murders.

Carman Monaco, Jr. is the only suspect that I'm aware of that has ever been questioned (in 2005) by police in the Manorville murders, and now that police have linked the Manorville murders with the rest of the victims found on Ocean Parkway, it is necessary to ask whether or not Carman Monaco, Jr. is currently the target of an investigation or whether he has somehow been overlooked in the more recent investigation of the LI serial killer.

I will begin posting the publicly available information that I'm aware of.

The following 2005 news article cites police refusing to rule Carman Monaco Jr. out as a suspect in the Manorville murders:
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2005...-lighting-jail

The following 2011 news article cites police now linking Manorville with the rest of the victims found along Ocean Parkway:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...iller-new-york

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member