NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Just K,

Ok...I am with you on that one...Manorville - who would know those woods and Hempstead...Bodies always dumped just off the road - NO, not a road but an expressway, or highway? Parkway? Who would ALWAYS use those types of roads? I'm kinda thinkin' a wildlife ranger would have a truck, could explain why he was on the side of the road, blood in the truck, etc. But I'm pretty sure these guys work 9-5. Have families. go home at night. This creep is active at night and early am. He must keep the same hours as the girls. We know he was in Massapequa (call made from MB's cell) and Manhattan, Port Authority. I think what will catch him is his penchant for taunting.

I thought that someone (maybe MB herself) accessed her voicemail from Massapequa the day she disappeared. But the calls to her sister were made from Manhattan.

Somehow that fact has slipped by me. Sorry if it's been discussed already, but what's the source?

Nancy isn't Nancy Grace is it. Oh how I loathe Nancy Grace...

Yes, Rita crosby reported it on Nancy's show nearly around this time last year.

Hi all,
Can anyone give me an update on the Evans Ganthier case? IMO, the MO of this crime matches the crimes at Oak Beach. Why, you ask?

1) victim killed in early am, same size as other victims - small
2) victim dismembered, head in garbage bag
3) taunting messages to family,
mentioning boyfriend (MB's boyfriend also received calls about her)
(texting now) - could have changed his MO a bit)
4) used disposable phone
5) Evans G. is only 30 years old - are we supposed to believe that he's sophisticated at that age? Was he an active SK at the time Jessica Taylor died? He was too young.

Just thinking out loud...Tx!

Most important...location, location, location.

Hi all,
Can anyone give me an update on the Evans Ganthier case? IMO, the MO of this crime matches the crimes at Oak Beach. Why, you ask?

1) victim killed in early am, same size as other victims - small
2) victim dismembered, head in garbage bag
3) taunting messages to family,
mentioning boyfriend (MB's boyfriend also received calls about her)
(texting now) - could have changed his MO a bit)
4) used disposable phone
5) Evans G. is only 30 years old - are we supposed to believe that he's sophisticated at that age? Was he an active SK at the time Jessica Taylor died? He was too young.

Just thinking out loud...Tx!

Most important...location, location, location.

sorry to keep quoting self - but I forgot to say that I don't think Evans is guilty - too much coincidence for me. Wasn't there a grand jury hearing? Anyone know what evidence was provided? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Hi Foreigner,
sorry, I'm trying to catch up with all the postings but what you say here caught my attention: I always thought Horowitz did it himself! What do you mean "he was a significant witness"? It was a satanic murder? I usually read my local news (I'm local to Lafayette)...and that's the first I've heard of this ...could you please tell more? Tx!

In this link to court documents of the Vitale case, you can search for the address 1701 Hunsaker Canyon Road, and through that you can find the name,J. Hxxxxx, the son of the household on 55 Larboard.

Then just search for his name in this document and/or just google "Pamala Vitale" +"Hxxxxx"

Mr Hxxxxx also had atended a party at the house where the young man Scott Dyleski, who was convicted of the murder, lived with his mother.

I´m not in any way susggesting that Mr, J Hxxxxx is involved in any crimes, just foudn it kind of interesting that he has so close ties to two highprofile murdercases.

http://denverda.org/DNA_Documents/Dyleski.pdf

The satanic aspect: "A Satanic symbol was carved into Pamela's back by her killer"
And it has been stated that the autopsy report says that it was carved while pamela Vitale was still alive, however I don't know if this is true or not.

A straight line can always be drawn from point A to point B - that doesn't mean that is the exact line she would have followed to get from A to B.

Actually there were three points A, B, C:

Point A = Anchor Way to point B
Point B-= personal effects found to point C
Point C = remains found

If she was disoriented and zig-zagging around in her confusion, what are the chances that her travels would result in significant events occurring in a totally straight line drawn on a map?

Just sayin'

they got a tip that she was dead on the side of the road, and lo and behold, there she is.

I don't know how much clearer this guy can be...

and the media seems to be ignoring him for other cases

they think she just drowned

he's not getting credit

it's like it ain't no thang.

haha...hope he lurks here.

Yes, Rita crosby reported it on Nancy's show nearly around this time last year.

Hmmm. If she's right, that's a detail the police didn't want to slip out.

I'm surprised it isn't brought up more. I would think that a killer taking the time to deflesh his victims would say a lot about his mental state. He's clearly a psychopath, but taking such lengths might suggest further mental disturbance such as psychosis. I think removing the flesh of your victims goes beyond some sort of psycho-sexual ritual and may be the byproduct of some type of psychosis.

IF that was the case, I would picture this guy as not quite blending into society as well as I thought he did up until this point.

And that would lead me to lean towards CM Jr. as being an excellent candidate.

Actually there were three points A, B, C:

Point A = Anchor Way to point B
Point B-= personal effects found to point C
Point C = remains found

If she was disoriented and zig-zagging around in her confusion, what are the chances that her travels would result in significant events occurring in a totally straight line drawn on a map?

Just sayin'

I don't understand. Even if she zig-zagged or ran in circles you would still be able to draw a straight line from A to B to C. You can always draw a straight line from one point to another

Am I the only one that find it odd that they haven´t yet declared that the remains, found at Oak Beach marsh, is Shannan Gilbert ?

I mean the metal plate in her jaw should make it easy to determent if it is her or not.

Am I the only one that find it odd that they haven´t yet declared that the remains, found at Oak Beach marsh, is Shannan Gilbert ?

I mean the metal plate in her jaw should make it easy to determent if it is her or not.

Have to agree with that..
Was waiting for the 6pm news to say so..Nadda so far
Wondering if that why they went back today to look for it

Watch it be a different victim altogether. I thought it was weird there was no mention of the metal plate.

I'm surprised it isn't brought up more. I would think that a killer taking the time to deflesh his victims would say a lot about his mental state. He's clearly a psychopath, but taking such lengths might suggest further mental disturbance such as psychosis. I think removing the flesh of your victims goes beyond some sort of psycho-sexual ritual and may be the byproduct of some type of psychosis.

IF that was the case, I would picture this guy as not quite blending into society as well as I thought he did up until this point.

I am glad you mentioned this Clem. IIRC the A&E special mentioned that all the remains were skeletonized. When I heard this I wondered how ALC's remains could be skeletonized after only 3 months in the fall from Sept - Dec.

Doesn't it get cold on LI during those months? Would that not slow the decomp and preserve some tissue on a body wrapped in burlap? Sorry to be so graphic:/

It makes me wonder if Nancy was correct....

I don't understand. Even if she zig-zagged or ran in circles you would still be able to draw a straight line from A to B to C. You can always draw a straight line from one point to another

No.

Let's pretend she initially ran from the south end of Anchor Way northward and her personal effects were found by GC's house, and then her remains were found in the southeast corner of the marsh, that is two distinct lines (one going north being point A to B, and the other going southeast being point B to C) ... NOT A STRAIGHT LINE !!

ETA: I actually had a convo with someone about this last night ... it's almost as if a person knew where SG was last seen (Anchor Way as has been publicized), they looked on an aerial map and chose where to dump the body (just off OP near a street lamp as a marker), then drew a straight line on a map between those two point and then dumped personal effects along the same line .. then called in a tip. Kind of a follow-the-dots scenario? I just think it's peculiar given a thousand other possible combinations that could be made and not result in a straight line.

The statement that the victims were "defleshed" was only mentioned once and on the Nancy Grace Show only. IMO it was a sensational word she just threw out there to get everybody's attention. Skeletal remains would have been a more appropriate and correct description. I never heard her say it again. CNN probably reined her in. I also loathe Nancy Grace and Rita Crosby for their dishonesty.

haha...hope he lurks here.
<rsbm>

I'm sure he does ... but he'd have to log in to see all the pics of his handywork, wouldn't he/she/they ? I know there are times when I've just been guesting and have had to log in to see all the links and/or pics.

you know, when you have a family member or a close friend who is kind of a "goner"...you know, you know them inside and you know what they do and who they are and when they fly off the handle or end up hurt or broke or in jail or even dead.

you know you kind of say " yeah she mighta jumped or flipped out or set that fire"

Shannan's family says no way.

Clem Snide, I feel an entire community can keep a secret!. I have been following the Jerry Sandusky/Penn St. case. Happy Valley is an insular community. All the characters seem to be intertwined...I won't get into the specifics here but I have never seen a town so incestuous and insular as state college, Pa where powerful people allegedly look the other way, ignore, keep secrets, contribute to political campaigns and Sandusky's ahem, charity, for the sake of maintaining a reputation.

There is an interview (which I will try to locate) where Gus Colletti states (paraphrased)..."I'll tell you anything you want, just don't ask me to rat on my neighbors."

I infer from Mr. Coletti's statement that there just might be some secrets in OB. JMO

Good point about Sanduski. And I did think that GC's quote was rather odd. I mean, I wouldn't want to rat out my neighbors if they were throwing a loud party or something, but I think when multiple murders are being committed it's time to get on the horn to the police.

The statement that the victims were "defleshed" was only mentioned once and on the Nancy Grace Show only. IMO it was a sensational word she just threw out there to get everybody's attention. Skeletal remains would have been a more appropriate and correct description. I never heard her say it again. CNN probably reined her in. I also loathe Nancy Grace and Rita Crosby for their dishonesty.

Exactly. That's why I wanted to be sure what was meant by "defleshed". I can totally picture Nancy Grace and Co. either getting it wrong or being sensational. That's why I can't stand JVM and Nancy Grace, even though I begrudgingly give them credit for at least getting certain cases attention.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's something suspect about Jane Velez Mitchell's hair. Maybe I'll start a thread on it....

Hi Foreigner,
sorry, I'm trying to catch up with all the postings but what you say here caught my attention: I always thought Horowitz did it himself! What do you mean "he was a significant witness"? It was a satanic murder? I usually read my local news (I'm local to Lafayette)...and that's the first I've heard of this ...could you please tell more? Tx!

Hi
Twocuriouscats, This was really deja vu for me to be brought back to this oh so sad case of Pamela Vitale's murder.

Here's a link about John Halpin's testimony: http://www.justiceforscottdyleski.com/fraudandmurder.html

Snippet " . . . It was alleged by the prosecution that Scott Dyleski single-handedly stole credit card information from his neighbors, and tried to use that information to fund the marijuana growing scheme that he and Robin Croen were attempting to start. DA Hal Jewett did not offer any evidence in court as to how Scott obtained the stolen information, however he was quick to point out that those who knew Scott did not feel he had hacker capabilities, and thus speculated that Scott broke into the neighbor's homes and stole the information from either their computer or their personal files.

The testimony of John Halpin disputes the prosecution's theory and sheds some light on the credit card scam".

John Halpin was one of 2 people whose cc info was supposedly stolen by Dyleski. However there were 5 slips of paper found in a dresser at Scott's home during the investigation. Each paper had someone's name and their personal info including banking. There-in lies the conundrum about Mr Halpin and why his testimony was so crucial to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708