TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did LE even know what they were dealing with when they arrived on the scene?

Why did Holly’s mom believe Holly was abducted?

The neighbor heard a scream. Okay. IMO this is the biggest clue that something was wrong.

But Karen Bobo didn’t actually know the perp was with Holly until she spoke to Clint. So did Karen Bobo call 911 before or after she spoke to Clint?

According to Clint, he did not know Holly was abducted until after the fact and he witnessed the latter part of the crime.

Those 911 tapes hold clues. (I also believe the “flurry of calls” mean more than what we are being told, but that’s another discussion.)

I’m beginning to believe those initial reports about Holly being “dragged” are accurate. It just makes sense when you apply it to Karen Bobo’s reaction.

jmo

I went back to thread #30 and that article link was posted by several people on or about 10/13 but all of the links are now broken...not found. There are bits and pieces of quotes from the article in the first part of Thread #30, which starts on that date, 10/13, for anyone interested.

"As I was writing my statement, I guess I kind of had a feeling that we might not get Holly back right away," Clint said. "So I was trying to preserve the crime scene and keep it from being disrupted because I knew the only thing we might have would be footprints, and I knew if someone stepped on them, then that's ruined.
"After I had stopped Mom and a few people and said, 'Don't walk up the trail and in the woods,' people started walking up there, so I just sat down in the car and continued writing my statement out," he said. "I wasn't going to be able to stop everyone who was coming up here from walking where they had been."

Thread #30

"As I was writing my statement, I guess I kind of had a feeling that we might not get Holly back right away," Clint said. "So I was trying to preserve the crime scene and keep it from being disrupted because I knew the only thing we might have would be footprints, and I knew if someone stepped on them, then that's ruined.
"After I had stopped Mom and a few people and said, 'Don't walk up the trail and in the woods,' people started walking up there, so I just sat down in the car and continued writing my statement out," he said. "I wasn't going to be able to stop everyone who was coming up here from walking where they had been."

Thread #30

No offense to Clint, but unless he is training to be LE, I don't get this reaction AT ALL. I can think of a thousand things one might automatically think during such a crisis and this reaction would never have made the list...just very strange. NOT a guilty reaction, per se, but can anyone say it is not unusual to say the least?

I see.
But that sounds like LE was trying to control the scene- which is quite common, and not necessarily a bad idea? But probably very frustrating for the family.

I don't know that it means that LE was necessarily negligent?

Well they imply LE sat on their asses in the front yard instead of going into the woods after the suspect. There is a subsequent article by LE refuting the family's claims

I dont think LE was sure they were dealing with an abduction.
The witness says she walked off into the woods. Clint said he did not say she was dragged. Now i think the 911 calls from Karen maybe said her daughter was dragged into the woods ....

I do believe it took quite a while to get to the one true story here and i really dont think LE was wrong. Holly is 20 yrs old she could have walked off on her own. Clint said she walked off with who he thought was her BF...Im sure LE had to find DREw and verify his whereabouts and that holly was not with him....
This is a very confusing case and has been since day one ....
JMO

I dont think LE was sure they were dealing with an abduction.
The witness says she walked off into the woods. Clint said he did not say she was dragged. Now i think the 911 calls from Karen maybe said her daughter was dragged into the woods ....

I do believe it took quite a while to get to the one true story here and i really dont think LE was wrong. Holly is 20 yrs old she could have walked off on her own. Clint said she walked off with who he thought was her BF...Im sure LE had to find DREw and verify his whereabouts and that holly was not with him....
This is a very confusing case and has been since day one ....
JMO

BBM
Good point!

Well, there was the blood...that should have alerted LE that something could be wrong...JMO

Well, there was the blood...that should have alerted LE that something could be wrong...JMO

They said it was not alot....flecks of blood? droplets?
clint never mentioned a sign of them struggling...
but she must have if the neighbor heard the scream why didnt her brother he was standing right there.
He said he heard them.

Its all very confusing! JMO

I think that any blood at all should be significant...if she just went for a walk in the woods with a man, why should there be blood, even drops or flecks of it? And with Mom by now insisting that this could not be Clint...and LE felt the call was serious enough to respond at once, then it seems like they took it seriously as a crime. I don't think LE would usually come out in force if someone called and said their sister walked into the woods with a man instead of going to school. The 911 call is probably very interesting...

I think that any blood at all should be significant...if she just went for a walk in the woods with a man, why should there be blood, even drops or flecks of it? And with Mom by now insisting that this could not be Clint...and LE felt the call was serious enough to respond at once, then it seems like they took it seriously as a crime. I don't think LE would usually come out in force if someone called and said their sister walked into the woods with a man instead of going to school. The 911 call is probably very interesting...

I think the 911 calls are probably very interesting too!
But the call was made by her mom and not the eye witness.
what she may have said maybe does not match what Clint said.
Who added in she was in fear for her life?

Im sure the blood raised red flags

No offense to Clint, but unless he is training to be LE, I don't get this reaction AT ALL. I can think of a thousand things one might automatically think during such a crisis and this reaction would never have made the list...just very strange. NOT a guilty reaction, per se, but can anyone say it is not unusual to say the least?

Oh yeah. Strange and unusual is an understatement. Instinct is to take off running after them... not preserve footprints or a trail. That would be the last thing on most people's mind.

I thought Clint said he finally called 911 himself once the neighbor showed up and told him about the scream...so we have a scream and blood and still maybe LE thinks she went for a walk? And a brother worrying about preserving a crime scene? :waitasec:

BBM
This may be why there is a "conflict of interest" between LE and the Bobo’s in this case.

ETA: I believe Clint stated that he found out later Holly "was in fear for her life." Has never been explained AFAIK.

BBM
This may be why there is a "conflict of interest" between LE and the Bobo’s in this case.

ETA: I believe Clint stated that he found out later Holly "was in fear for her life." Has never been explained AFAIK.

Does he mean "Later" as in when neighbor showed up to report the scream, vs. when he spoke to his mom on the phone? Who knows...

Thread #30
After reading CB's quote, the first thing that came to my mind was that he knew who had her and why. You would think that her brother would be beside himself with worry and terror, not saying "he had a feeling that we might not get Holly back right away", implying, in my opinion, that he thought she would be coming back. I would think he would have said more like, "Oh God, someone has my sister, I am afraid I will never see her again". I realize that everyone is different in their reactions to crisis, but if a person witnesses a loved one being taken, and then finding out she has been kidnapped, would this be a normal reaction? I somehow don't think so.

Does he mean "Later" as in when neighbor showed up to report the scream, vs. when he spoke to his mom on the phone? Who knows...

When mom was calling Clint she must have been hysterical at the time. Not sure at what point she fell to the ground but Clint surely had to have known how upset his mother was during the call but he didn't try to catch up with them? They were walking not running, right?

When mom was calling Clint she must have been hysterical at the time. Not sure at what point she fell to the ground but Clint surely had to have known how upset his mother was during the call but he didn't try to catch up with them? They were walking not running, right?

He said in one interview that even when his mom called again he still thought she was with the boyfriend...and that they had killed a turkey or something...and that he only began to panic when the neighbor came by...it does not sound like he reacted much to mom's panic at all, JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave