TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said in one interview that even when his mom called again he still thought she was with the boyfriend...and that they had killed a turkey or something...and that he only began to panic when the neighbor came by...it does not sound like he reacted much to mom's panic at all, JMO...

Wonder if she overreacted about something before and so he just thought it was a false alarm?

Wonder if she overreacted about something before and so he just thought it was a false alarm?

That would be somewhat of a normal reaction, IMO, for a 25-year old man, to think his mom was getting hysterical over nothing. But the whole business of wanting to protect the scene is really odd...if he now believed Holly was in danger, due to the scream, how did he refrain from going after her? No matter what anyone said or adivsed? That, I don't understand.

That would be somewhat of a normal reaction, IMO, for a 25-year old man, to think his mom was getting hysterical over nothing. But the whole business of wanting to protect the scene is really odd...if he now believed Holly was in danger, due to the scream, how did he refrain from going after her? No matter what anyone said or adivsed? That, I don't understand.

Just sittin' in a car/truck filling out a statement with a gun at his side telling people not to go in those woods? :banghead:

Just sittin' in a car/truck filling out a statement with a gun at his side telling people not to go in those woods? :banghead:

Talk about second-guessing one's self...I would imagine there is a lot of that going on...

Well if we go with the latest timeline, he had approximately 5 minutes between the time the neighbour showed up, LE got there and the entire town of Darden was on their lawn.

We all thought he was awake way earlier only discover later that he woke at 7:50 and by 8:00 everyone was on the property.

If he was convinced it was Drew, he didn't believe his mom even after she told him it wasn't and that is the biggest piece of the puzzle missing besides where Holly is.

Why was he so convinced it was Drew?

One of the biggest problems I have with this case is that I don't even believe the things they've told us....so how much value can I put in my guess work about the things they haven't told us?!

One of the biggest problems I have with this case is that I don't even believe the things they've told us....so how much value can I put in my guess work about the things they haven't told us?!

And apparently we don't know all the facts (per KB) which to me implies there is more going on here than we are aware of and the family won't share the facts for whatever reason. They may have good reason not to. IDK

One thing is for sure. Clint was convinced up until the cops arrived that the guy walking with Holly was Drew. Enough so that even after loading a gun, he didn't go after the perp which imo speaks volumes.

I thought Clint said he finally called 911 himself once the neighbor showed up and told him about the scream...so we have a scream and blood and still maybe LE thinks she went for a walk? And a brother worrying about preserving a crime scene? :waitasec:

I dont believe clint ever spoke to 911 in that jackson sun article it said the neighbor showed up and i think Clint was dialing 911 but he head them comming up the road...Very suspicious if ya ask me! All the phone calls between mom and clint and he never calls 911. Even the neighbor showed up because of the screams Clint never heard and he was there watching everything.
Something is very wrong here and its not LE...

Well if we go with the latest timeline, he had approximately 5 minutes between the time the neighbour showed up, LE got there and the entire town of Darden was on their lawn.

We all thought he was awake way earlier only discover later that he woke at 7:50 and by 8:00 everyone was on the property.

If he was convinced it was Drew, he didn't believe his mom even after she told him it wasn't and that is the biggest piece of the puzzle missing besides where Holly is.

Why was he so convinced it was Drew?

Because maybe it was Drew! JMO

Just because Mom spoke to drew earlier it does not mean Drew could not have driven to Hollys.

We dont know what time Mom spoke to drew... From the grandmothers place its only 30 min ride to hollys could be shorter going back roads.

Thos phone calls karen had with her mom holly and drew had to be pretty early in the am

So my guess it could have been Drew S. why is it no one has heard anything about this young man?

And apparently we don't know all the facts (per KB) which to me implies there is more going on here than we are aware of and the family won't share the facts for whatever reason. They may have good reason not to. IDK

One thing is for sure. Clint was convinced up until the cops arrived that the guy walking with Holly was Drew. Enough so that even after loading a gun, he didn't go after the perp which imo speaks volumes.

It also depends on if you believe Clints story or stories!
JMO

Id love to know if Clint and Drew passed a poly!
Even Mom and dad!

Because maybe it was Drew! JMO

Just because Mom spoke to drew earlier it does not mean Drew could not have driven to Hollys.

We dont know what time Mom spoke to drew... From the grandmothers place its only 30 min ride to hollys could be shorter going back roads.

Thos phone calls karen had with her mom holly and drew had to be pretty early in the am

So my guess it could have been Drew S. why is it no one has heard anything about this young man?

I do not know of any reason to suspect Drew. There have been no indications of any problems in his relationship with Holly and/or the Bobo family before her disappearance. There seemingly is not a rift between him and the family now. And for practical purposes and just to be logical about things, if he was known to be hunting on property some distance away, and seemingly that is borne out by the calls to police and between the families, then why all of a sudden leave that area, drive to Hollys, sneak around and assault her, lead her away, etc. And then be back where ever he was quickly enough to keep his alibi. That just doesn't make sense in any way. Especially with no motive. So even though I do not suspect him, if you look at the events of that morning it does not seem like he could have done it anyway. And again if it were Drew then why search around Holly's school, etc. It is unlikely that someone as close to her as a b/f would be stalking her since he would know her routine etc anyway.

I do not know of any reason to suspect Drew. There have been no indications of any problems in his relationship with Holly and/or the Bobo family before her disappearance. There seemingly is not a rift between him and the family now. And for practical purposes and just to be logical about things, if he was known to be hunting on property some distance away, and seemingly that is borne out by the calls to police and between the families, then why all of a sudden leave that area, drive to Hollys, sneak around and assault her, lead her away, etc. And then be back where ever he was quickly enough to keep his alibi. That just doesn't make sense in any way. Especially with no motive. So even though I do not suspect him, if you look at the events of that morning it does not seem like he could have done it anyway. And again if it were Drew then why search around Holly's school, etc. It is unlikely that someone as close to her as a b/f would be stalking her since he would know her routine etc anyway.

One of the problems is we don't know much about the days leading up to Holly's disapperance. Yes, from the outside, it does sound like they had a great relationship but as with any young couples sometimes there are lovers quarrels and they do break up. Not saying that's the case here but from the little facts we do know about the flurry of phone calls, it does make one question why there were so many.

I have to disagree with you about BF's stalking their girlfriends. I've known a few of my gf's who had their bf's following them because they suspected them of cheating. Stupid but it happens.

So if we remove Drew from the scenario, it had to be someone who is close in age to Drew, similar features, young voice (per Clint). An ex boyfriend, perhaps? Someone she went to school with? A guy she may have met at a party or elsewhere?

Did Holly work? If so, where? I don't remember.

One of the hangups that gets me is how did Karen arrive on the scene so soon? Her school is about 20-30 minutes away from her home.

The statements made by Drew's family do not indicate any issue between Holly and Drew. Clint's behavior did not indicate anything being amiss either. If anything his suspicions were calmed becuase he thought the suspect was Drew, rather than being a stranger. There is zero evidence that they were not happy in their relationship, which is interesting because in a lot of other cases all kinds of dirt comes out about the people involved. Likewise it seems Hollys family and his family still are in contact. I can't see Drew doing this and then the families still being all buddy buddy and Holly's family wasting 8 months with fliers and magnets if they knew Drew did it. It just does not make sense that way.

I don't mean ex's don't stalk ex girlfriends, or that abusive or controlling b/fs may not watch to see what their g/f is up to, but since there is no indication of any of that here, that is why I can't see Drew hanging out by the driveway leading to Holly's school. No reason to.

I asked about Holly working and never got an answer. Most kids start to work around 16 or 17 or when they are about done with High School. You would think by her age she would have had some sort of job somewhere.

Removing Drew from the equation to me makes more sense. I do not see him fitting in as a suspect given the few details we do have. And we do know already that morning he was some distance away hunting so I can't see him just instantly packing it up, driving some distance to Holly's house to be there at 7:30, wandering around the yard and garage with Holly for up to half an hour, and then just vanishing (probably to be back where he was supposed to be when the inevitable police check happened).

I really do not know why Clint thought the suspect was Drew except for perhaps the type or color of the camo clothing he wore. Clint already said he heard "stranger voices" outside. So that was obviously not Drew. He didn't say he heard Drew. His physical description does not really match Drew per se. And although the description of the suspect is vague, the full camo part could be interpreted to include a face mask or cover. Giving Clint the benefit of the doubt, I think he got up, was not expecting to see an unknown person, and assumed the suspect (which he seemingly did not pay much attention to in the garage) was Drew. I wonder more why though after the call to his mom when Clint learned it should not be Drew, he did not do more, faster?!?

One of the problems is we don't know much about the days leading up to Holly's disapperance. Yes, from the outside, it does sound like they had a great relationship but as with any young couples sometimes there are lovers quarrels and they do break up. Not saying that's the case here but from the little facts we do know about the flurry of phone calls, it does make one question why there were so many.

I have to disagree with you about BF's stalking their girlfriends. I've known a few of my gf's who had their bf's following them because they suspected them of cheating. Stupid but it happens.

So if we remove Drew from the scenario, it had to be someone who is close in age to Drew, similar features, young voice (per Clint). An ex boyfriend, perhaps? Someone she went to school with? A guy she may have met at a party or elsewhere?

Did Holly work? If so, where? I don't remember.

It also depends on if you believe Clints story or stories!
JMO

Id love to know if Clint and Drew passed a poly!
Even Mom and dad!

To be fair to Clint his story, that we have heard from his mouth directly, has not changed overall. It has been told piecemeal and bit by bit, but I have not heard him contradict himself over any major details. He has actually gone to some effort to clarify some parts of his story over what has been reported in the media by others. Unfortunately he has not (or has not been given the opportunity to) sit down and tell the whole, unedited, uninterrupted, unredacted story from start to finish, in his own words.

Why he STILL thought this was Drew, even after Mom told him otherwise, is mystifying to me...can't remember when he heard the voices in relation to Mom's calls...but I recall him saying he only began to panic when the neighbor came and told him about the scream...so he was STILL not believing Holly was in any danger, even after hearing how hysterical his Mom was...very confusing to me.

We've never heard if Holly had any kind of job.

Why he STILL thought this was Drew, even after Mom told him otherwise, is mystifying to me...can't remember when he heard the voices in relation to Mom's calls...but I recall him saying he only began to panic when the neighbor came and told him about the scream...so he was STILL not believing Holly was in any danger, even after hearing how hysterical his Mom was...very confusing to me.

We've never heard if Holly had any kind of job.

And if that didn't get him going he did see the blood...

I don't recall any statements made by Drew's family except for his grandma who said it was the first night they would be apart and Drew was devestated <paraphrasing>.

Were there any others? I don't recall his family or Drew ever being interviewed. I may have missed it though.

I guess it really doesn't matter because without knowing any facts I'm left with a 100 page list of questions that will never get answered anyway and 99 of those don't even involve Drew.

I don't have the exact quote but another thing that really puzzles me is when Clint stated his opinion that Holly wouldn't be home anytime soon or something to that effect. Why did he think that???

What if they had broken up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member