Sidebar Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew, lucky he clarified that. The public can finally sympathize with her now. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
:waitasec: Why has she only needed to reflect on it since she was acquitted? Didn't she already have three years to do just that?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's reflecting alright. She's attracted to the reflection in the mirror. :crazy:

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/december/361226?cmpid=twitter

Casey Anthony's attorneys take on prosecutor Jeff Ashton and his book

From the motion for rule to show cause, the defense writes:

"Mr. Ashton has published a book which further reveals the contents of the sealed depositions... Whether this violation was purposeful or simply a result of "Imperfect Memory," an objection violation of this Court's Order has occurred."

---------------------------------------------

Who saw this one coming...I did..and I would venture a guess Jeff Ashton did as well..and is :giggle:

IMO Baez was waiting in the bushes hoping for his turn to file an contempt charge against Ashton...IMO it's a revenge filing..
Well I wait with anticipation to the counter filing and can't wait to hear what the Judge says..and we will see who had the imperfect memory

The Orlando sentinel Article states Cheney Mason filed the motion.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...jeff-ashton-contempt-20111222,0,1945078.story

Jeff Ashton stated that Judge Perry told them, the lawyers, they could retell what they remembered.
What they weren't allowed to do was release the actual report because that was sealed.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/december/361226?cmpid=twitter

Casey Anthony's attorneys take on prosecutor Jeff Ashton and his book

From the motion for rule to show cause, the defense writes:

"Mr. Ashton has published a book which further reveals the contents of the sealed depositions... Whether this violation was purposeful or simply a result of "Imperfect Memory," an objection violation of this Court's Order has occurred."

This just cracks me up because I know he got to JB and OCA. :floorlaugh:

@adamlongo
Adam Longo
BREAKING5: Ashton told me when I interviewed him that the Judge said it was ok to discuss "recollections and notes" from psych deposition.

This just cracks me up because I know he got to JB and OCA. :floorlaugh:

@adamlongo
Adam Longo
BREAKING5: Ashton told me when I interviewed him that the Judge said it was ok to discuss "recollections and notes" from psych deposition.

Here is the link of the Q&A interview between Jeff Ashton and Adam Longo

Former Casey Anthony prosecutor Jeff Ashton answers your questions

How is it acceptable to discuss Casey's psychological report without sanctions?
The answer begins at the 1:00 min mark

http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=...htonFull1116.flv&vtitle=Jeff Ashton Interview

Jeff Ashton states that Judge Perry sealed the depos of the Dr's in the Pre-trial hearing because of the sensational nature of the allegations and that Judge Perry made it clear to them that their recollection, their notes of the reports and the depositions of the Dr's were not sealed or restricted in any way.
Jeff made it clear in his book that what he wrote about in the book were from his recollection and his notes because the depositions of the psych Dr. are still sealed, he respected the Judge's order and was carefully not to "fun afoul" of them.

Text from Orlando Sentinel:

"Defense wants Jeff Ashton held in contempt 4 releasing details in his book"

So they read his book! :floorlaugh: Cool.

I hope Casey read it, too.

So they want Ashton held in contempt! Really? If he is and he receives any type of sanctions, then we'll see exactly how the Bar in Florida and the court system "werks". Especially since JB got away with all kinds of unprofessionalisms.

Sheesh.

Cheney Mason is the one who filed the motion...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...jeff-ashton-contempt-20111222,0,1945078.story

In the latest motion, Mason acknowledged that he hasn't read Ashton's book, but references a motion filed by the Orlando Sentinel earlier this week, in which the news organization seeks to unseal those two key depositions.

Mason's motion also said that Ashton revealed the contents of the sealed depositions to George Anthony, and that defense attorneys raised the issue with Perry during an "informal hearing."

Cheney Mason is the one who filed the motion

In the latest motion, Mason acknowledged that he hasn't read Ashton's book, but references a motion filed by the Orlando Sentinel earlier this week, in which the news organization seeks to unseal those two key depositions.

He has so read the book IMO. They were just waiting for a way to file a motion without admitting they read the book.

He has so read the book IMO. They were just waiting for a way to file a motion without admitting they read the book.

:giggle:

I am enjoying the continuing saga...

Do we need a separate thread for this Motion?

I have submitted a new thread for this Motion and ask the Mods to move the posts associated to this Defense motion over to the new thread

Merry Christmas! Isn't this just the gift that keeps on giving!
I guess if they want the Judge to start filing contempt charges, they should look in the mirror and Baez got lucky that he got away with all he did, including TEXTING at the podium in court! Who Does that???
Mason is a piece of work.

Mason's motion also said that Ashton revealed the contents of the sealed depositions to George Anthony, and that defense attorneys raised the issue with Perry during an "informal hearing."

BBM: And wasn't that JB was doing with CA when they had their "special" meeting that excluded GA right before the trial.

............. :silly:..................... :ignore: .............

Like many posters here I have had great difficulty in trying to digest the outcome of this trial. I felt the world had gone a little caddywompus if such wrongs could be legally judged as unpunishable. It made me examine and evaluate the integrity of our society.

With Christmas right around the corner and this special gift from Cheney Mason I was really having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit. It was as though no amount of decorating, gift buying, cookie baking or loving family could disguise the real disappointment I have held in my heart that such innocence was not only defiled but that the loss was totally wasted on my/our society.

Had it not been for an early Christmas gift that arrived in a modest envelope in the mail, I would still be planning to bake thwart cakes for Christmas rather than gingerbread men. (They're cooling on the racks as I type.) The anonymous gift announced that a contribution had been given in Caylee's and my name to our local Child Advocacy Center.

I cried and Christmas and my belief in humankind began again. Caylee did not die in vain; her gift is generous. She has opened the eyes of many who have never before given a thought to at-risk children.

I regret that I have used the word "I" so many times in this post because it is not really "my" story; it's Caylee's. This is the heritage and hope she has left as her bequest ~ much like our original Christmas gift.

God bless you, Caylee.

Imperfect Memory: Evidently CM does not remember the judge saying it was okay to use their notes and memory. jmo

I need a drink after reading Lenamon though that Casey was warm and loving. OMG.

Casey Anthony's Christmas Gift
Lumps of Coal from Santa Claus
Most Hated Club Membership
Westboro Baptist Church Membership
Conjugal Visits With OJ Simpson and Joran van der Sloot
Inherits Osama bin Laden's Compound

I wish everyone here a Merry Christmas.

OK OK since I got off topic on the Contempt thread I'll put it here: This is what happens when my dog doesn't hear the garage door open like she usually does. I think she slept through the noise. She looked awfully guilty...she probably does this every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth