Terry NOW And her book

last november some idiot *advertiser censored* producer annouced he was making a film based on jaycee's ordeal. then he claimed it wasnt about her.

so you wont go on that thread? :waitasec: because some idiot wanted to make a movie?
Not sure it would have been *advertiser censored* anyway. I remember that, he never said it would be a *advertiser censored* flick....

i just avoid that thread cause its bad karma :)

i really only posted about the glatt book cause i was bored anyways lol

Howdy :) Late up tonight but thought I comment about that "prono movie". It was going to be about Jaycee's and Phill's relationship. Ok 11 year old girl, kidnapped, a minor being raped pretty much daily by much older man. Hummm yeppers prono material in my view. Remember, the entire time there was a sexual "relationship" she was a minor. Once she was old lady of 17 and had body of a woman who had given birth to two children and no exercise to regain girly figure he was no longer interested. She became printer slave so his wifey could quit work. Well just my opinion :) we all have them right.

Nighters.

Is the book out yet? Has anyone read it? What is the name of the book? Thanks!

IT IS ONE YEAR SINCE JC and her girls are free. I did not know where to post it.
But I feel Terry's thread is the perfect place, she must be celebrating. :)
Jaycee Dugard Rebuilds Her Life

Just one year after being freed from an 18-year-old sex slave ordeal, kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard is courageously learning to live again - and this week's GLOBE has the heartwarming photos everyone will want to see!
there is a small article in the Globe Magazine.

I do not think it is out yet or it would have a thread...LOL

Thanks...I thought this was the thread since the title refers to her book :) I can't even find the name of the book to order it!

Thanks...I thought this was the thread since the title refers to her book :) I can't even find the name of the book to order it!

She did mention that she is writing. (dont remember when and where she said it).
I have a feeling that she is writing with JC. I think it will be some time before that book is ready for printing. JMHO

Com on Terri Let us know - we want an update - when can we expect your story?

I've had the CNN Piers Morgan (Nov 1, 2011) interview with Terry Probyn and Jaycee's therapist on my DVR for a while, and I watched it again today. Nobody has commented on it so far, so I will bring it up here.

I have were a couple of thoughts from that interview that I wanted to comment on:

First of all, I thought it in poor form when Piers made the following comment to Terry:

Piers: What I think is amazing about you - You talk about your lack of forgiveness for the Garridos - but actually, the remarkable compassion you've shown for those two children that Jaycee had.

Terry (with a shocked look on her face): Those are my grandbabies. I love those grandbabies.

Piers: I find it profoundly moving that you can do that.

Terry: How can you not?! They're innocent children!

It makes me wonder how Piers Morgan, if under similar circumstances, would treat his grandchildren.

Also, there were a couple of tidbits that I had not heard before. For one, Terry indicated that she had received a call from the FBI the day Jaycee was found, and she didn't bother returning the call. She thought it was just a routine call like the many that she had received over the previous 18 years. It was only after her other daughter Shayna called her and said "You really need to talk to them, they have news for you". So she picked up the phone when they called again, and that was when she received the news.

Jaycee had mentioned it briefly in her book, but I didn't realize that they gave Shayna the full news before they were able to tell Terry. I wonder how tough it must have been for Shayna to keep the news to herself so that Terry could hear it first from the detectives.

Also, it was interesting how she says the detective said it to her. Instead of saying "We have found Jaycee and she is right here with us, alive and well", he told her "We know where Jaycee is." Given how he put it, it's understandable how she would initially think she was being BS'ed.

Overall, Terry didn't elaborate as much as I would have liked. When pressed, she replied that it was all a blur, and she doesn't remember the details.

I'll add in another exchange from Terry Probyn's interview with Piers Morgan that I found very moving:

Piers: You came face-to-face with this guy Phillip Garrido.

Terry: I wouldn’t say face-to-face. I watched him being interviewed as the Sheriff asked him what happened that morning.

Piers: Which emotions did you go through?

Terry: All kinds – hate, anger, sadness, all of the above. No compassion. I have a lot of compassion and a lot of empathy for a lot of people, but not him and certainly not her. How could another woman hold another woman’s child for her sexual predator husband? – Unbelievable.

Piers: Beyond comprehension.

Terry: Beyond.

First of all, I thought it in poor form when Piers made the following comment to Terry:

Piers: What I think is amazing about you - You talk about your lack of forgiveness for the Garridos - but actually, the remarkable compassion you've shown for those two children that Jaycee had.

Terry (with a shocked look on her face): Those are my grandbabies. I love those grandbabies.

Piers: I find it profoundly moving that you can do that.

Terry: How can you not?! They're innocent children!

It makes me wonder how Piers Morgan, if under similar circumstances, would treat his grandchildren.

You know... this actually didn't surprise me that much... once I thought about it.
When he said it, I thought... "wow, that sounds familiar... I've heard THAT before..."

Because I've heard so many stupid comments...
"It's amazing how you can love your kids equally."
"You are amazing for just being able to take care of your kids like they are normal."
"You are so strong for being able to keep her once you found out. I would have given her up immediately."

My kid has Down syndrome.
That's all she has.
From the comments I have gotten you would think that she is a serial killer.
Or has some terminal and horribly contagious disease.
Those are the "good" comments I've gotten too... they get REALLY absurd.

People look at a situation and they see it as FAR worse than it really is.

Piers looked at this as "those kids were fathered by this evil rapist who stole her daughter.
How can she love anything that came from something so evil? How can she see anything but evil in the children that came from him?"

Piers doesn't look at it as "those kids were mothered by and raised by her beautiful daughter who she adores and is thrilled to have back."

I would guess that Piers likely couldn't imagine anyone keeping a child born from rape. I have a friend who did that though.
It is all about perspective... and Jaycee and Terry have a far different perspective than Piers.

Maybe if Jaycee had been raped on the street at 19, she may have felt differently about keeping the child.
But when you are a child, having a child and that child is the ONLY thing you have?? I'm sure she is very close to her girls.

Piers doesn't seem to have any life experience that would give him any perspective on the situation. Lucky for him. :twocents:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back