Questions Welcome Here!

In March of 1977, my father went missing, after he visted my older sister at her home. Eight days later, he was found deceased, in a heavily wooded area. I was always told he had a mental breakdown, took off into the woods, fell and broke his neck. I never believed this story. It made no sense at all. I was 15 years old at the time and assumed police would solve the case. Later, I found out they never did any type of investigation. I was always hesitant to contact police, because they never investigated the matter in the first place. I finally decided to get his autopsy report. This is what disturbs me.

Diagnoses:
Fracture of neck, 4th, 5th and 6th cervical vertebral area; with epidural hematoma.

Opinion:
This 51 year old white male, died of a broken neck. The injury could have been sustained in a fall or could have been inflicted by an assailant. The manner of death is therefore undetermined.

His death was considered an accident and never investigated as anything else. I talked to a cold case detective. He ask me to fax him autopsy report. He called me today and said they only have police reports going back to 1980, and that he has nothing to work with.

I need help and advice as how to proceed next. I need an expert to take a look at autopsy. Where would I find such a person.
Send me a PM with the complete autopsy report and I will try to help.

I really thought police would investigate, since medical examiner concluded it could possibly be a homicide. Not so. Now, I am reliving everything that happened 35 years ago, all over again. My younger brother and younger sister are upset and in tears. It was a very traumatic event for us. My mother had passed away from cancer, two years before my dad died. I am not sure if I did the right thing. Still no answers and no closure. I feel absolutely helpless.

Cold case homicide detective, suggested I talk to my older sister, who saw my dad last. Don't really think that will help, but will try. I am meeting with her this weekend.

I called the medical examiner's office about autopsy findings. They told me to write a letter, requesting a review of the autopsy. I am doing that.

I contacted a private investigator. He is retired police captain, from another county. He suggested I wait and see if medical examiner finds anything, that will change manner of death. Then police will get involved. If not, he can interview people regarding case and have a forensic expert take a look a autopsy. Of course, it will cost me. I am willing do take this route, if necessary.

I am having a difficult time understanding why the police never investigated this case, as a possible homicide. My dad was the father of five children, and grandfather of two. He was retired from the military. A world war2 and korean war vet. He was working as a machinist at a plastic manufacturing plant.

I will keep trying, until I run out of options. My father deserves that, at the very least.

Just interviewed another private investigator. He looked at autopsy, and pointed out several things, that pointed towards a homicide. He had a hard time believing that it was an accident, based on the injuries. He made a few calls to professionals in the medical field, and inquired about this type of injury.
This was all before I even told him about events that happened, before my dad went missing, why I always thought he was murdered, who I thought did it, and why they did it.
He seems to think that there is a very good chance that the medical examiner will change status from undetermined to homicide, after reviewing the autopsy. Then the police will become involved.
I hope and pray he is right. This has haunted me for many years. Not knowing has been torture. I have tried to not think about this too much, for so many years, just so I could function. I has always on my mind. I need to know what really happened.

I am trying to locate how to look up a murder in Dallas, TX from Nov 1982. Are there any free crime archives that can be searched and viewed?

I am trying to locate how to look up a murder in Dallas, TX from Nov 1982. Are there any free crime archives that can be searched and viewed?

Hi Fluttrbye :)

Is this a cold case your looking for? or is it a solved case?

Welcome to Websleuths!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Thanks for making all three videos available. I viewed the first video in my graduate psych class. I was perplexed by the child's matter of fact attitude regarding her behavior. I've wondered how therapy worked for her. I will watch the additional videos. Thanks again for posting these videos.

Hi There...I'm new this evening and I apologize if I'm all wrong on asking about this case in this location, but any info would be appreciated. In fact, I thought as I was browsing around before I was officially signed up here that I saw a brief comment by someone on this Pickering, Ontario farmhouse which was discovered to have a 'confinement room' built in the basement...a recent addition to a totally abandoned house. The house burned down today and police of course are not saying too much yet...one hopes they might in the near future.

So, just wondering if there are any other comments here or if you know where I might go to discuss this in particular.

Great site and I'm looking forward to listening to the shows.

Thx...oneofthebellamy2

Hi There...I'm new this evening and I apologize if I'm all wrong on asking about this case in this location, but any info would be appreciated. In fact, I thought as I was browsing around before I was officially signed up here that I saw a brief comment by someone on this Pickering, Ontario farmhouse which was discovered to have a 'confinement room' built in the basement...a recent addition to a totally abandoned house. The house burned down today and police of course are not saying too much yet...one hopes they might in the near future.

So, just wondering if there are any other comments here or if you know where I might go to discuss this in particular.

Great site and I'm looking forward to listening to the shows.

Thx...oneofthebellamy2

I think this link might take you to where you want to be: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158085&highlight=Pickering,+Ontario

And :welcome: to Websleuths! We're so happy you joined!!!

:wagon:

Meghan from Charley Project states, "I got word from the NCMEC that Eowynne Anderson has been found deceased. She was three years old when her mother abducted her and her sister, Gisselle (then 10) and brother, Giovanni (then 7) from Lynwood, Washington in 2004. No word on the well-being of the other children."

I can't post this in any thread, yet, but am very curious about finding cause of death for this poor kid. I've searched but am having no luck. One site said that they may have been using the last name San Miguel, so I searched under that, too, but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas on how to find this info?

Hi kdblaisdell :)

I don't have an answer for you on this case but hopefully some of our other members can help you out. I did want to Welcome you to Websleuths. Good to have you with us.

:welcome5:

Ima

Meghan from Charley Project states, "I got word from the NCMEC that Eowynne Anderson has been found deceased. She was three years old when her mother abducted her and her sister, Gisselle (then 10) and brother, Giovanni (then 7) from Lynwood, Washington in 2004. No word on the well-being of the other children."

I can't post this in any thread, yet, but am very curious about finding cause of death for this poor kid. I've searched but am having no luck. One site said that they may have been using the last name San Miguel, so I searched under that, too, but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas on how to find this info?

Here is a link to the thread on this case here...

Found Deceased WA - Eowynne Anderson, 3, Lynnwood, 29 March 2004 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I read on Charley Project, today, that she died of a badly set broken arm. It's in today's blog. Thank you for the welcome and the info.

How do I find something that was discussed in September of 2011 about the death of a young man in a hot tub in Arkansas on September 5th, 2011?

How do I find something that was discussed in September of 2011 about the death of a young man in a hot tub in Arkansas on September 5th, 2011?

:wagon: to ewilliams!

If you go to the top of this page you will see a blue bar with links like "Home," "User CP," "Blogs" etc. There is a link there labeled "Search."

Click on that to open the Search options. The "Show Threads" button is pre-selected.

Type in likely keywords, and click "Go." (I just ran a search using "Arkansas" and "hot tub" and came up with a link to the case you're looking for as the second search return.)

Hope that helps, and that you enjoy your sleuthing! :seeya:

I think I did everything right but I don't have permission to start a new thread. All I can do is post a reply

I think I did everything right but I don't have permission to start a new thread. All I can do is post a reply

Hi mchlgundle!

Welcome to Websleuths! You do need to make a certain amount of posts before you can start new theads. The more posts you make the more you will be able to do. I think its 50 if I'm not mistaken. It doesn't take long, look forward to hearing from you.

:welcome4:

Ima

I have a question on some of the older UIDs...When it comes to gender, obviously with DNA and certain measurements we can get a match now for the most part. On some of the older UID especially with children, is it possible the gender is incorrect? Curious... Thanks!

I have a question on some of the older UIDs...When it comes to gender, obviously with DNA and certain measurements we can get a match now for the most part. On some of the older UID especially with children, is it possible the gender is incorrect? Curious... Thanks!

Yes, but a gender error more often occurs with children.

A 1989 Texas UID case where they had thought all along that the UID was a teenaged female, turned out to be a 13-year-old male.

Identified! TX - Houston, September 1989, White Female (85UFTX) identified as male

Here's a side-by-side of the facial reconstruction with the victim (Paul Segura)
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=18649

I have seen instances of gender errors with adults as well, but it usually is in partial remains cases, or cases where a pelvis is not found.

It should never happen if they have a nucDNA profile because the DNA either indicates a Y chromosome (indicating male) or it doesn't.

Hi mchlgundle!

Welcome to Websleuths! You do need to make a certain amount of posts before you can start new theads. The more posts you make the more you will be able to do. I think its 50 if I'm not mistaken. It doesn't take long, look forward to hearing from you.

:welcome4:

Ima
Ok Thanks I guess this is two

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member