TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that Gail is sitting on our shoulders as we share, and she approves!

I agree, however I do not believe Gail made a decision to end her life...She had too much to live for...Her children...JMHO

I agree, however I do not believe Gail made a decision to end her life...She had too much to live for...Her children...JMHO

I agree Em and the lack of an out of control Jeep, run into rock accident site at the time it happened really does make it hard to not to look at the worst scenario that it was foul play, but that too seems to lack evidence at this moment....Only the experts will be able to shed light on the answer.

So patiently we wait until Wednesday and see if it makes more sense then and even if it is an accident or at her own hand I still can’t give MP any respect for the way he handled Gail’s disappearance.

I just feel it could be a little easier for his children if he had shown more support publicly for the search for Gail, as it had become a public story.

As always just some of my random thoughts, nothing to take as fact.

My mother had three children to live for, and yet she chose to end her life. Sometimes people think that their children are better off without them.

That being said, I do not know that's what happened to Gail. I'm just pointing it out for the sake of fair discussion (and with all due respect!)

The answer to this is quite simple...The Catholic Church doesn't believe in divorce or suicide.

She wasn't divorced and besides The Church now generally allows Catholic funerals and burials to those who have divorced and even to those who have remarried...JMHO

She wasn't divorced and besides The Church now generally allows Catholic funerals and burials to those who have divorced and even to those who have remarried...JMHO

Em, I am Catholic, but I was wondering if MP might have been thinking this way when the funeral arrangements were setup for Gail. That's all I was implying.

My heart goes out to all of you who have suffered from loved one's suicides. In my limited experience, suicide has never been a decision made by someone to benefit those left behind. It has been, in my experience, a determined act to end horrendous pain of the sufferer. The person is so inside of themselves, they see no way out and no way to reach out to those who can help them.

Em, I am Catholic, but I was wondering if MP might have been thinking this way when the funeral arrangements were setup for Gail. That's all I was implying.

Who knows... I wouldn't be surprised to learn the funeral arrangements were setup and handled by someone else other than him...JMHO..

Who knows... I wouldn't be surprised to learn the funeral arrangements were setup and handled by someone else other than him...JMHO..

It would be out of character for him if he didn't. IMO

My mother had three children to live for, and yet she chose to end her life. Sometimes people think that their children are better off without them.

That being said, I do not know that's what happened to Gail. I'm just pointing it out for the sake of fair discussion (and with all due respect!)

I agree. People who choose to end their lives do not think about the pain and suffering they will cause their family and friends. All they are thinking of at that moment is removing themself from the life that has befallen them and end their own pain and suffering. Most of them believe everyone will be better off when they're gone. They just simply do not want to live anymore, and no one's pain is greater than their own, at that moment.
I don't have an opinion of what happened, one way or the other, but just saying that many people have ended their lives when they had children and family to think about.

I agree. People who choose to end their lives do not think about the pain and suffering they will cause their family and friends. All they are thinking of at that moment is removing themself from the life that has befallen them and end their own pain and suffering. Most of them believe everyone will be better off when they're gone. They just simply do not want to live anymore, and no one's pain is greater than their own, at that moment.
I don't have an opinion of what happened, one way or the other, but just saying that many people have ended their lives when they had children and family to think about.

I wholeheartedly agree with most everything you have stated except for what is BBM...I cannot imagine Gail thinking the children would be better off with MP and/or his girfriend IF she was gone....IMHO..I highly suspect she had become well aware there was some troubling out of control behavior on his part... I highly doubt she would have been attending Al-Anon IF this wasn't the case.... ...JMHO

IF Gail ended her own life, given her history I can imagine it was like a siren's song to her. IF she did it, I dont know that she was thinking about her children at all. :(

I have no admiration for MP-I hold him in complete contempt, not that he cares. I dont think he killed Gail or had her killed. That doesnt mean I dont think he contributed to a situation that might have caused her to misjudge her driving with this result, or even something more....contributing to the psychic pain of someone he used to love. And being callous towards that pain.

JMVHO.

IF Gail ended her own life, given her history I can imagine it was like a siren's song to her. IF she did it, I dont know that she was thinking about her children at all. :(

I have no admiration for MP-I hold him in complete contempt, not that he cares. I dont think he killed Gail or had her killed. That doesnt mean I dont think he contributed to a situation that might have caused her to misjudge her driving with this result, or even something more....contributing to the psychic pain of someone he used to love. And being callous towards that pain.

JMVHO.

I'm curious as to what history you are referring to?
Also, IMHO..I'm not certain MP is capable of loving anyone...not even himself...IMHO..I see an out of control EGO run amok but I don't see any signs of him being capable of showing compassion or love for or toward anyone...However, IMHO I don't view love as just being a noun..IMHO,it's a verb, And IMHO it's a verb that requires action in order to merit being referred to as LOVE......JMHO..

:twocents: :twocents: I believe Gail became inconvenient to a "certain man" and he did what many many men have done since the beginning of time have done and got rid of the inconvenient woman. :twocents: :twocents:

I have been reading from beginning and I believe Gail was in a lot of emotional pain.IMO She drove off the cliff herself,wrongly thinking "I'll show him how much he hurt me....Let him suffer for the rest of his life knowing he led me to my death"I was in a similar frame of mind way back,no children and I was so upset I was going to take handfuls of pills.I thankfully realized before doing it I would be making it easier for him if I was dead,and I would never be anything but dead.Unfortunately Gail IMO figured kids would hate him and he would be miserable.

:twocents: :twocents: I believe Gail became inconvenient to a "certain man" and he did what many many men have done since the beginning of time have done and got rid of the inconvenient woman. :twocents: :twocents:

And I suspect the convenient "other woman" in due time will become inconvenient to a "certain man" too....JMHO

I figure MP didn't have Gail's funeral at the Catholic Church because he wants everybody to think she committed suicide and I don't believe for a second that she did.

Who is to say that reading about a letter written to Gail's friend is not just what MP had planned. There have been no indication of a letter that Gail wrote to say she was going to end her life. The note could have been...this is what I want you to do if something happens to me. And again someone could have had Gail write the note so it would have looked like she took her life. Hopefully in two days some answer and again the doubt will always be there.

If this had of been Sally Doe...housewife, mother, and neighbor on Signal Mountain that had no problems and was found in her car off the mountain I think we would have looked at this differently. But as it is ...if you list the problems that Gail had and what MP has done, things just don't add up. Like the Utah mother, Susan Powell, her husband goes camping in the winter with their small boys. Comes home and he said she just walked off...please, something just isn't right.

I don't think I would have stopped at the convenience store to make a purchase if I already knew what I was going to do on East Brow Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member