TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is to say that reading about a letter written to Gail's friend is not just what MP had planned. There have been no indication of a letter that Gail wrote to say she was going to end her life. The note could have been...this is what I want you to do if something happens to me. And again someone could have had Gail write the note so it would have looked like she took her life. Hopefully in two days some answer and again the doubt will always be there.

If this had of been Sally Doe...housewife, mother, and neighbor on Signal Mountain that had no problems and was found in her car off the mountain I think we would have looked at this differently. But as it is ...if you list the problems that Gail had and what MP has done, things just don't add up. Like the Utah mother, Susan Powell, her husband goes camping in the winter with their small boys. Comes home and he said she just walked off...please, something just isn't right.

I don't think I would have stopped at the convenience store to make a purchase if I already knew what I was going to do on East Brow Road.

I agree completely. Also, the article said what was in the Jeep was "an envelope addressed to Arlene". If this is true, there's no way to say what was in the envelope. It could have been a note or letter or it could have been more papers or documents that she wanted to give to Arlene for safekeeping. It could have been a small envelope that was card/letter size or a giant mailing envelope. The article did not specify. We may never hear anything more about it if it is not a crucial piece of evidence related to the investigation. JMO

Who is to say that reading about a letter written to Gail's friend is not just what MP had planned. There have been no indication of a letter that Gail wrote to say she was going to end her life. The note could have been...this is what I want you to do if something happens to me. And again someone could have had Gail write the note so it would have looked like she took her life. Hopefully in two days some answer and again the doubt will always be there.

If this had of been Sally Doe...housewife, mother, and neighbor on Signal Mountain that had no problems and was found in her car off the mountain I think we would have looked at this differently. But as it is ...if you list the problems that Gail had and what MP has done, things just don't add up. Like the Utah mother, Susan Powell, her husband goes camping in the winter with their small boys. Comes home and he said she just walked off...please, something just isn't right.

I don't think I would have stopped at the convenience store to make a purchase if I already knew what I was going to do on East Brow Road.

BBM..My thoughs exactly and I have been pondering this tid bit of information too wondering how this is all going to play out...JMHO

BBM Dark Red I thought of this scenario almost immediately when I read an envelope had been found addressed to AD.....JMHO

I agree completely. Also, the article said what was in the Jeep was "an envelope addressed to Arlene". If this is true, there's no way to say what was in the envelope. It could have been a note or letter or it could have been more papers or documents that she wanted to give to Arlene for safekeeping. It could have been a small envelope that was card/letter size or a giant mailing envelope. The article did not specify. We may never hear anything more about it if it is not a crucial piece of evidence related to the investigation. JMO

Did Arlene get this envelope or are the police holding it?

Did Arlene get this envelope or are the police holding it?

Not sure. Apparently no one knew about the envelope until it was mentioned in the TFP article yesterday. At least I have never heard of it before then and I have not read anything else said about it, except speculation as to the contents, since it was posted yesterday. I don't think Arlene has mentioned it publicly. JMO

ETA- Sorry, this year has only just begun and the days are already getting away from me... The TFP article mentioning the envelope was from the day before yesterday, Saturday, 12/31.

When I think about it I can't imagine how the sheriff will be able to declare this an accident or a suicide...
IIRC we were first told that rock weighed about 200/250 lbs. and a person would have been able to move it.. Later it was revealed it was a 400/450 boulder that she hit and took over with her, yet it seems there was no sign of the large rock being dragged from the edge of the road to the end of the bluff.. A resident in the area was under the impression the rock had been taken by some vandals.....No mention whatsoever of that large rock ever being dragged to the edge of the bluff...JMHO..
I really can't see Gail stopping her jeep to pick it up and take it to the edge IF she was planning to end her life and I can't see how there wouldn't be evidence of a rock that large being dragged from the road to the end of the bluff IF she really lost control of the jeep..JMHO

And I suspect the convenient "other woman" in due time will become inconvenient to a "certain man" too....JMHO

<modsnip> women don't understand that if they cheat WITH you they'll cheat ON you. A guy that treats his ex and family like garbage will sooner or later treat the new woman like that too! Guaranteed!

Stupid women don't understand that if they cheat WITH you they'll cheat ON you. A guy that treats his ex and family like garbage will sooner or later treat the new woman like that too! Guaranteed!

IMHO.. As I see it he can be classifed as being <modsnip> too considering she is also a cheater ..IF she will cheat on her husband with him, she'll cheat on him... JMHO

I keep worrying about this letter to AD, and I wonder what state it was in after being in the jeep out in the elements all summer and fall, with the torrential rains we've had since spring. I'm pretty sure they would have had to perform some serious forensics on the letter and envelope just to read it ~ and I sincerely hope they were able to do that.

ETA: I'm hoping the paper was protected by something protective inside the jeep so that maybe it wasn't too damaged.

I keep worrying about this letter to AD, and I wonder what state it was in after being in the jeep out in the elements all summer and fall, with the torrential rains we've had since spring. I'm pretty sure they would have had to perform some serious forensics on the letter and envelope just to read it ~ and I sincerely hope they were able to do that.

ETA: I'm hoping the paper was protected by something protective inside the jeep so that maybe it wasn't too damaged.

Right now in reference to myself I am in agreement with what Whitedog stated in post #380..

"Who is to say that reading about a letter written to Gail's friend is not just what MP had planned"....JMHO

Does it seem odd to anyone else that she had a letter for Arlene in the jeep with her? Hadn't she just arrived home from the lake where she could see Arlene, and wouldn't she have given her the letter then? Assuming she did see Arlene that weekend--if the letter were written after having seen Arlene, when would Gail have had time to write it, what with driving to and from the lake, etc. Or was that the weekend when Arlene was away from the lake?

Sorry if I'm off-base here; it seems I remember the last weekend Arlene couldn't return Gail's calls because she was in another state. I was just wondering if the letter was "planted" by "someone".

Does it seem odd to anyone else that she had a letter for Arlene in the jeep with her? Hadn't she just arrived home from the lake where she could see Arlene, and wouldn't she have given her the letter then? Assuming she did see Arlene that weekend--if the letter were written after having seen Arlene, when would Gail have had time to write it, what with driving to and from the lake, etc. Or was that the weekend when Arlene was away from the lake?

IIRC.. Arlene did see Gail on the 29th when Gail and the chidren arrived in Alabama. It is my understanding Gail was also suppose to attend a birthday party on Saturday the 30th for Arlene's ex-husband and IIRC there was something about plans had been made for the children to see a new pony too..
( but I could be wrong about the pony)..JMHO

ETA..Wasn't MP suppose to go down there that weekend too and talk to the children?

Wasn't Arlene out of town the weekend before? I believe that may have been Easter weekend..

IIRC.. Arlene did see Gail on the 29th when Gail and the chidren arrived in Alabama. It is my understanding Gail was also suppose to attend a birthday party on Saturday the 30th for Arlene's ex-husband and IIRC there was something about plans had been made for the children to see a new pony too..
( but I could be wrong about the pony)..JMHO

ETA..Wasn't MP suppose to go down there that weekend too and talk to the children?

Wasn't Arlene out of town the weekend before? I believe that may have been Easter weekend..

That sounds right to me.

Or, perhaps, Gail wrote a letter to AD. She might have written it the morning she left to return with the children. Perhaps she returned the children not in response to any threat of any kind. Perhaps she returned the children because that is where she believed they would be safest.

It would fill in the blanks for me-I couldnt imagine her returning her children to someone she felt was going to endanger her to the point she was in fear for her life. She could simply have driven all of them to any police station, or to family in NY, or stayed at the Lake House. JMO.

The answer to this is quite simple...The Catholic Church doesn't believe in divorce or suicide.

A little research may have given you more accurate information....just saying, as a Catholic, having incorrect information stated as fact is disrespectful, IMO.

Or, perhaps, Gail wrote a letter to AD. She might have written it the morning she left to return with the children. Perhaps she returned the children not in response to any threat of any kind. Perhaps she returned the children because that is where she believed they would be safest.

It would fill in the blanks for me-I couldnt imagine her returning her children to someone she felt was going to endanger her to the point she was in fear for her life. She could simply have driven all of them to any police station, or to family in NY, or stayed at the Lake House. JMO.

It's hard to imagine she would have had time to write the letter the morning she returned to TN. But who knows? I certainly don't want to make accusations that are unfounded. I thought she felt endangered by MP, though. Maybe he didn't actively participated in her demise, but in some passive way he is accountable for what happened to Gail, by making her life so unbearable.

It seems to me that if Gail was "planning" on ending her life, she certainly wouldn't have left a note/letter for AD or only for AD...but rather for someone in her family.

The key word is "planning"...from all that has been said by Gail's friends, family and court documents here on WS, (sorry don't know the individual post numbers), Gail was "planning" to leave MP for a better way of life with her two children, i.e. Gail forwarded $17,000. to her sister, DN, to pay for living expenses for her and the children until she found suitable employment, etc.

Also, it was noted on WS that Gail hired a PI to accumulate evidence that MP was philandering so that Gail could use this evidence to attempt to obtain custody of her children upon divorce from MP. Along the same lines, Gail gave the 'altercation video', which Gail planned on using as evidence against MP in court, to AD for safe-keeping. Further, Gail borrowed AD's face recognition computer to, at least partly, assist her in making plans to leave MP without his being able to see what she was doing. All, IMOO.

Furthermore, I seriously don't believe that Gail would deliberately choose to leave her two children with a person who has been so selfish and mean to her, let alone with MP's illicit gf. According to one of Gail's friends on WS, IIRC, McGyver informed us as to the fact that Gail lost her mother to cancer when Gail was just 14 years old (2 years older than Gail's son) which, of course, was devastating...Gail knew, first-hand, how it felt to lose a mother....she would not deliberately inflict that pain on her own children! IMHO.

In addition, Gail always seemed to be extremely protective of her children...IIRC, it was said in some WS posts that she tried not to discuss her marital problems in front of the children. IIRC, on the evening before Gail's disappearance, while Gail and the children were visiting with AD in AL, Gail relayed to AD that she couldn't talk in front of the children about what was bothering her. That also could be the reason why, on 4/30, Gail asked her sister to call the police to request they be at her SM residence when she arrived home from AL...because Gail didn't want the children to hear. IMHO.

It seems to me that if Gail was "planning" on ending her life, she certainly wouldn't have left a note/letter for AD or only for AD...but rather for someone in her family.

The key word is "planning"...from all that has been said by Gail's friends, family and court documents here on WS, (sorry don't know the individual post numbers), Gail was "planning" to leave MP for a better way of life with her two children, i.e. Gail forwarded $17,000. to her sister, DN, to pay for living expenses for her and the children until she found suitable employment, etc.

Also, it was noted on WS that Gail hired a PI to accumulate evidence that MP was philandering so that Gail could use this evidence to attempt to obtain custody of her children upon divorce from MP. Along the same lines, Gail gave the 'altercation video', which Gail planned on using as evidence against MP in court, to AD for safe-keeping. Further, Gail borrowed AD's face recognition computer to, at least partly, assist her in making plans to leave MP without his being able to see what she was doing. All, IMOO.

Furthermore, I seriously don't believe that Gail would deliberately choose to leave her two children with a person who has been so selfish and mean to her, let alone with MP's illicit gf. According to one of Gail's friends on WS, IIRC, McGyver informed us as to the fact that Gail lost her mother to cancer when Gail was just 14 years old (2 years older than Gail's son) which, of course, was devastating...Gail knew, first-hand, how it felt to lose a mother....she would not deliberately inflict that pain on her own children! IMHO.

In addition, Gail always seemed to be extremely protective of her children...IIRC, it was said in some WS posts that she tried not to discuss her marital problems in front of the children. IIRC, on the evening before Gail's disappearance, while Gail and the children were visiting with AD in AL, Gail relayed to AD that she couldn't talk in front of the children about what was bothering her. That also could be the reason why, on 4/30, Gail asked her sister to call the police to request they be at her SM residence when she arrived home from AL...because Gail didn't want the children to hear. IMHO.

:goodpost::gthanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member