TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to maps and at the end of the road (east brow) there is a park? and wow is it a drop off there.

In addition, Gail always seemed to be extremely protective of her children...IIRC, it was said in some WS posts that she tried not to discuss her marital problems in front of the children. IIRC, on the evening before Gail's disappearance, while Gail and the children were visiting with AD in AL, Gail relayed to AD that she couldn't talk in front of the children about what was bothering her. That also could be the reason why, on 4/30, Gail asked her sister to call the police to request they be at her SM residence when she arrived home from AL...because Gail didn't want the children to hear. IMHO.

BBM: Yes, and IIRC, LE called Gail on her cell after that to speak with her directly, and though the details of the call have not been released, the end result is that SMPD did not meet Gail at her house after all [link]. I've long wondered if SMPD asked Gail what was going on, why did she need their assistance, and she didn't want to talk in front of the kids so she just said "never mind". Then she dropped the kids off at the house and hightailed it outta there, like she was avoiding a confrontation with MP.

What was the PC announcement today? TIA....

I don't know if it was mentioned here, but there was not a "letter" found with Arlene's name on it. A family member stated it was an envelope addressed to Arlene with a small amount of cash---It wasn't on MSM--it was on Social Media--do I need to post the link?

east brow rd lookout mountain

That's the wrong mountain - Lookout is across the river and closer to downtown, where the touristy stuff like Rock City and the Military Park are located.

Gail's jeep went over on Signal Mountain, which is where she lived.

I don't know if it was mentioned here, but there was not a "letter" found with Arlene's name on it. A family member stated it was an envelope addressed to Arlene with a small amount of cash---It wasn't on MSM--it was on Social Media--do I need to post the link?

I don't think we're allowed to copy posts from social media, but you could ask a Mod.

But you're right ~ I shouldn't have called it a "letter" all, since they've only talked about an envelope.

Here's the MSM link about the envelope:

When searchers found Gail Palmgren's body, she was wearing an outfit Durham had given her. Inside the Jeep was an envelope addressed to Arlene.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/dec/31/friends-family-remember-palmgren-at-service/?news

I don't think we're allowed to copy posts from social media, but you could ask a Mod.

But you're right ~ I shouldn't have called it a "letter" all, since they've only talked about an envelope.

Here's the MSM link about the envelope:

When searchers found Gail Palmgren's body, she was wearing an outfit Durham had given her. Inside the Jeep was an envelope addressed to Arlene.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/dec/31/friends-family-remember-palmgren-at-service/?news

Oh, by no means was I trying to correct you. Alot of what I have read people (and myself) were assuming there was a letter in that envelope. I just read today that it was a small amount of cash and nothing else was mentioned so I don't know if that is all that was in the envelope or not. I think once people heard about the envelope alot seemed to have speculated it could have been a suicide note or something to that extent.

If the HCSO announces on January 4, 2012 that the cause of Gail’s death was a tragic accident or suicide without mentioning the possibility of foul play being involved,; unless, LE has substantiating details to back up their conclusion, I feel justice will not have been served.

From all the information regarding Gail’s case that I have read , it is obvious to me that MP is a complete ‘control freak‘! Having said that…when a male controller (referring to MP here, so referring to male controllers only here) finds out that his significant other plans on filing for divorce with the intent to be given custody of the children, be awarded child support and spousal maintenance payments plus keep their separate funds and, at least, half of the marital property…at this point, the victim is now in control. There is nothing a ‘control freak’ dislikes more than to lose their control to the victim! This is when rage and violence wreaked by the controller is at it’s most volatile level…this is when male controllers have been known to do unfathomable things in order to regain their sense of control! (Paraphrased per many professional writings regarding the subject of domestic violence.)

When Gail’s disappearance first came to light on WS, my initial gut instinct was MFH. MP had the finances and he had the motive plus he had the controller personality…a volatile combination, indeed!

IMVHO…we’ll never have all the pieces to fit this puzzle completely together, but whether or not MP hired someone to murder Gail, ran her off the road, etc. himself or was not involved in any such way…with his abhorrent behavior, he was the catalyst to her demise!

:twocents:

Oh, by no means was I trying to correct you. Alot of what I have read people (and myself) were assuming there was a letter in that envelope. I just read today that it was a small amount of cash and nothing else was mentioned so I don't know if that is all that was in the envelope or not. I think once people heard about the envelope alot seemed to have speculated it could have been a suicide note or something to that extent.

No, I'm glad you told us that there wasn't a letter. :) I was sort of hoping there was one, because if she planned to mail more instructions to AD, then it would negate the idea of suicide. But then so does lack of any note at all. Someone going to that much trouble to intentionally drive over a cliff would surely leave a note somewhere for their children at least, and we also know she had been in contact with her sister the day she disappeared.

I just have a problem viewing this as a suicide, and I will never accept that from the Sheriff's office. :twocents:

I wonder if the Sheriff will just make a statement or if he will allow questions from the media? I hope the latter. Whoever posts first on the next page....pls carry forward the link above (TFP) for the presser. TIA

Where exactly? Is it located near Anderson Pike and the "W" Road?

Well dang, sorry about that. I went to maps and east brow lookout mountain came up, and its just 26 minutes away from signal mountain. Whoda thunk it

Well dang, sorry about that. I went to maps and east brow lookout mountain came up, and its just 26 minutes away from signal mountain. Whoda thunk it

Lookout is a much more famous mountain. During the Civil War they fought the "Battle Above the Clouds" there. When you see all those "See Rock City" signs, that's the place they are talking about. It's the mountain you see in all the pictures of Chattanooga and it has a really distinctive shape. But it's on the south side of town and extends down into Georgia, while Signal is north of the TN River.

I'm not sure because of the angle, but I think in this picture that Signal is the mountain to the far right (the brown patch is the rock wall where the Hwy goes up).

Lookout Mountain with Signal Over to the Right
header_locations_chattanooga.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members