GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latter carries a prison sentence of from eight to 20 years.

i corrected my post as you were posting lol

your one article says

If he pleads guilty to temporary insanity and the court accepts that plea, he could be set free, according to statements his lawyers have made to ABC News.

so i'm still confused... to me, it doesn't sound like the same thing. i guess we will know in 5 days what's up :banghead:

except the reported sentence for "simple murder" was what? 8-20 years whereas the insanity deal would get him out almost right away... so it doesn't sound like they are the same thing to me ???

I'm not sure, the article is confusing. Could the article be erroneous?

It sounded like it was referring to today's proceedings and that was supposed to be for simple homicide. Plus it's JVDS' defense attorney being quoted so take that FWIW too.

I'm pretty sure like you and others have said, it's thirty years and then 8-20 years. Plus the judges can reject his plea.

Maybe we're beginning to go on information overload. :crazy:

JMHO

:doh:

completely forgot about the trial today - but saw Vinnie's replay...

:banghead:

and :gthanks: to those of you who posted about the 'mini' trial this morning!!

guess we shall see you all back here January 11th then... :seeya:

:doh:

completely forgot about the trial today - but saw Vinnie's replay...

:banghead:

and :gthanks: to those of you who posted about the 'mini' trial this morning!!

guess we shall see you all back here January 11th then... :seeya:

How sad is it that I'm kind of glad that JVDS has wiped Casey Anthony off the HLN primetime news tonight? :waitasec:

Can't we just put those two together on a deserted island somewhere and be done with it?

MOO

Wait a minute, I got myself all fudged up.

Today's proceeding wasn't about simple homicide.

It was supposed to be but then JVDS attorney said that they were changing it at the last minute and they decided that he was going to plead guilty to the all charges as a *sincere confession*.

JVDS was expected to plead guilty but at the very end he said that he didn't agree with some of the charges and asked for more time.

forget an island (with food and water and beaches)... i say drop 'em on an ice berg :crazy:

iceberg1.jpg

OMG is anyone watching NG? Joran's buddy "John" is on there saying some pretty idiotic things.

MOO

OMG is anyone watching NG? Joran's buddy "John" is on there saying some pretty idiotic things.

MOO

I missed the friend but heard the guy calling him a cretin and a neathendertal..JC asked John what he thinks about a respected person saying this and John said that guy had defended creeps. Who was that that was talking?

MOO

YES! That's John Ludwig, he had only just met JVDS after PVDS died. He's been on tv before talking about how he and JVDS hung out.

The jerk should try getting his facts straight before saying that SF shouldn't have been on his computer and that SF drove him to do what he did. He said that she should have just left if it bothered her. Something about SF made him a murderer.

Then he says the extortion was entrapment.

pfffttt

Sometimes you just have to consider the source.

JMHO

YES! That's John Ludwig, he had just met JVDS after PVDS died. He's been on tv before talking about how he and JVDS hung out.

The jerk should try getting his facts straight before saying that SF shouldn't have been on his computer and that SF drove him to do what he did. He said that she should have just left if it bothered her.

Then he says the extortion was entrapment.

pfffttt

Sometimes you just have to consider the source.

Wow...just unbelievable. I thought part of the story was that she tried to leave and he wouldn't let her.

He actually stated that perhaps Stephany created a murderer. :furious:

I'd still like to know if the time he spends in the US for an extortion trial, if their extradition request is successful, is counted towards time served in Peru?

i believe i read after he's served his time in peru then he'd go to the US for the extortion charges/wire fraud trial/sentence if the extradition request was successful...

??

John Ludwick is a total idiot. Easy to see why he's a friend of JVS. He's been on NG before. I can understand the appeal of having the one person claiming to be JVS's friend that still believes he's innocent. But he came across as such an idiot the first time that it's hard to believe they actually asked him back.

He thinks he's some sort of media star now. He better be careful what he says or hire a lawyer as he might just find the FBI on his doorstep asking some questions since he claims JVS and him discussed emails re: the extortion attempt. Or maybe not... they may just figure him for the two bit punk he is.

I'm pretty sure, though not 100% positive, that it means the same thing.

Simple murder meaning it was done in the heat of passion.
You are right annalia, that is what he is being charged with right now, plus robbery (which I think is 2 years), and he was willing to plead guilty and make a 'sincere confession' today in hopes for a reduced time.
However, aggravating factors of "ferocity" and "cruelty" were added today, meaning that he made Stephany suffer. JvDS didn't want to accept those aggravating factors, that the reason he said he needed more time to think about that.
The question now is, will he accept those or will he plead not guilty?

answering to otto's question, no that was not expected, it was a surprise. I don't know if he had time to consult with his lawyer or if his lawyer was aware.

I am so glad otto to see you are starting to read El Comercio.pe - together with Panamericana TV you will be on top of things. RPP is also a great source, actually there are a lot of great sources, but I'll recommend Spanish sources, mainly from Lima....

What better source than directly from the lawyers and the parties involved!

They way I understand it is that the 'sincere confession' needs to match the facts and evidence of the case. If they don't, the judges can (and probably will) reject his 'sincere confession' and then it will go to trial where he will get a much stiffer sentence.

A simple murder (crime of passion) does not match the facts and evidence in this case. The blood spatter everywhere shows the brutality. The fact that he used his shirt to strangle her and finish her off after he elbowed her (in the heat of passion?). The emails to friends desperately begging for money just prior to him luring her to his room. The fact that he did, indeed, rob her.

He just trying to decide whether he should gamble on if he can snow these judges. And we all know how he likes to gamble...

MOO

You are right annalia, that is what he is being charged with right now, plus robbery (which I think is 2 years), and he was willing to plead guilty and make a 'sincere confession' today in hopes for a reduced time.
However, aggravating factors of "ferocity" and "cruelty" were added today, meaning that he made Stephany suffer. JvDS didn't want to accept those aggravating factors, that the reason he said he needed more time to think about that.
The question now is, will he accept those or will he plead not guilty?

answering to otto's question, no that was not expected, it was a surprise. I don't know if he had time to consult with his lawyer or if his lawyer was aware.

I am so glad otto to see you are starting to read El Comercio.pe - together with Panamericana TV you will be on top of things. RPP is also a great source, actually there are a lot of great sources, but I'll recommend Spanish sources, mainly from Lima....

What better source than directly from the lawyers and the parties involved!

Call me cynical, but I certainly don't consider the word of lawyers a good source for the truth. JMO

Call me cynical, but I certainly don't consider the word of lawyers a good source for the truth. JMO
It's fine with me suzhawk, you are entitled to your opinion.
I addressed those post to otto, because I am sure he will appreciate those links.

I'll rather listen from the lawyers directly, than read other people's interpretation of what the lawyers said. Same, I'll rather listen to Mr. Flores directly, than read what others think he is saying.
If you add to that, that it's not only their interpretation, but also they are at the same translating from a different language, then no wonder why people don't understand !!

Additionally, then you read yet other people's interpretations, then you don't know which ones got the information right....it's like the broken telephone game.

All just my humble opinion :)
PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members