GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm confused - was that it? That was the trial? No aggravated charges? He took her money and bank cards....wth?

:seeya: Shelby!

I thought he pled guilty to all the charges, including robbery after the murder?

It was qualified murder that he pled guilty to, no?

And does it still apply that when the judges impose sentencing they can accept or not accept whether or not they consider his confession sincere?

... if van der Sloot is found guilty, he certainly won't be living the life of luxury he's accustomed to.

"He'll be put in Lurigancho Prison, which is the worst of the worst," Michael Griffith, senior partner at the International Legal Defense Counsel, tells AOL News. "They should have a sign above the door there saying, 'All those who pass this way leave all hope behind.' "

Having visited more than two dozen foreign prisons, Griffith says Lurigancho is in a world of its own.

"There are 35 guys in a room there," he says. "They don't have beds, they go to the bathroom on the floor and the showers run once a week for 15 minutes. Fifty percent of the inmates have AIDS or tuberculosis, and you can die from eating the food."

If convicted and sent to Lurigancho, van der Sloot would be in considerable danger, Griffith says. "Let me put it to you like this," he says. "You have 10,000 guys in a prison with 3,000 beds. Eighty percent of these guys have nothing. A hundred bucks will carry them for four months, so they'll stand in line [to be paid] to cut his throat."

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/06/08/what-the-experts-hear-in-van-der-sloot-confession/

Van der Sloot said on Friday he would "sincerely confess" to killing Flores in a plea strategy aimed at reducing his eventual prison sentence, prompting judges to suspend the trial until Wednesday.

A "sincere confession" to the judges means the trial would quickly enter a sentencing phase and he could spend less than a decade behind bars.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45954171/ns/world_news-americas/t/natalee-holloway-suspect-joran-van-der-sloot-admits-killing-woman-peru/#.Tw25JGNWrAg

The words JvdS and sincere confession never belong in the same sentence, they are a true oxymoron.

... if van der Sloot is found guilty, he certainly won't be living the life of luxury he's accustomed to.

"He'll be put in Lurigancho Prison, which is the worst of the worst," Michael Griffith, senior partner at the International Legal Defense Counsel, tells AOL News. "They should have a sign above the door there saying, 'All those who pass this way leave all hope behind.' "

Having visited more than two dozen foreign prisons, Griffith says Lurigancho is in a world of its own.

"There are 35 guys in a room there," he says. "They don't have beds, they go to the bathroom on the floor and the showers run once a week for 15 minutes. Fifty percent of the inmates have AIDS or tuberculosis, and you can die from eating the food."

If convicted and sent to Lurigancho, van der Sloot would be in considerable danger, Griffith says. "Let me put it to you like this," he says. "You have 10,000 guys in a prison with 3,000 beds. Eighty percent of these guys have nothing. A hundred bucks will carry them for four months, so they'll stand in line [to be paid] to cut his throat."

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/06/08/what-the-experts-hear-in-van-der-sloot-confession/

We can only hope.

Just looking at him, I'm still amazed beautiful Natalee was attracted to him at all. Yuck.

he did look a lot different back then... i can see how :twocents:

200px-Joran_van_der_Sloot_Aruba_mugshot.jpg

Aruba Police mugshot ~ 2005

So can they give him a "reduced" sentence of 29 years instead of 30?

they CAN, but consider this:

he is a foreigner who came into a country and killed a daughter of a member of the ruling elite in that country.

2. he is a strong man. the victum was a small woman.

3. the judges are all women

4. he lied about the murder

5. he's now lying about his sincerity. transparently lying, saying he "always wanted" to tell the truth....these women judges will see the absurditiy of that without nay problem.

6. His excuse is a lie too. I killed her because she thoufght I killed Natalie, and looking at Natalie's pictures on my computer made me mad. Its a bald faced lie, and easily seen as such. Besides even if it were true, and their law I believe gives him credit for a passionful crime, who thinks that her doing that should excite killing passion in anyone. Its a sham excuse, and easily seen as one.

7. this country, unlike the uSA does not coddle murderers and does not have accussed prisoner love.

i could go on, but he is fin ally going to get what he deserves and I am forever grateful he is NOT in the usa, say, in California or florida...then he might be out in 5, but, of course he never would have pled in those states. no reason to.

Works for me. Don't mean to offend anyone, but imo....he's earned it all with his actions and attitude.

I can't believe I slept through JVDS's court appearance! After waiting all these years, I missed him finally admitting in open court to at least one of his crimes.

Anyway, it seems the news sites aren't really sure what's going to transpire, for sure. They just know he pled guilty and must come back on Friday for sentencing. From an article I saw last night, it's now up to the judges to decide if it was a 'vicious' crime. Stefanie's family or attorney said something along the lines of the def attorney's assumption he could get a sentence reduced to 12 years or so, is untrue. He's facing 28 to 30 years. The 28 only being IF the judge's take is word for how the crime happened.

Question: What murder isn't brutal? :rolleyes:

I bet the Holloway family is in tears today. They just wish he'd pay for his alleged crime to Natalee. :( But at the least, he now won't be able to victimize any other poor girl/woman.

JMHO
fran

nothing new really, except today's court appearance, albeit brief. Various videos of previous broadcasts about JVDS that aired on ABC.

Van Der Sloot Pleads Guilty to Killing Peru Woman

Story at link ......................http://abcnews.go.com/International...eads-guilty-peru-murder-15338761#.Tw3DeG9AbZ0

Van der Sloot pleads guilty to Peru woman's murder

"I am really sorry for what happened," he told the three magistrates overseeing his trial. There is no jury.

He pleaded guilty to "qualified murder" and simple robbery.

The 24-year-old Dutch national faces a sentence of 30 years in prison, but his attorney hopes his guilty plea, called an "anticipated conclusion of the process," will reduce that term.

more at link .................. http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/11/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Van der Sloot faces possible 30-year sentence after pleading guilty in murder of Peruvian woman

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/0...o-admit-killing-peruvian-woman/#ixzz1jAiYwhuh

Joran van der Sloot pleads guilty to killing 21-year-old Peruvian woman

“Yes, I want to plead guilty. I wanted from the first moment to confess sincerely,” he told the panel of three judges that will decide his fate. “I truly am sorry for this act. I feel very bad.”

................... snip ..............................

The length of the sentence is completely at the judges’ discretion, said court officials and a leading Peruvian criminal attorney, Luis Lamas. The attorney for the family of the victim, Edwar Alvarez, has argued for life in prison for Van der Sloot.

“In the court record, this man has submitted to psychological examinations and they have concluded that he is a psychopathic person,” he told reporters. “What judge would give a psychopath a penal benefit?”

more at link .................... http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-peru-murder/2012/01/11/gIQA4rLsqP_story.html

He'll get ten years, be out in eight, and Heaven help any woman who comes across his path.

I can't believe I slept through JVDS's court appearance! After waiting all these years, I missed him finally admitting in open court to at least one of his crimes.

Anyway, it seems the news sites aren't really sure what's going to transpire, for sure. They just know he pled guilty and must come back on Friday for sentencing. From an article I saw last night, it's now up to the judges to decide if it was a 'vicious' crime. Stefanie's family or attorney said something along the lines of the def attorney's assumption he could get a sentence reduced to 12 years or so, is untrue. He's facing 28 to 30 years. The 28 only being IF the judge's take is word for how the crime happened.

Question: What murder isn't brutal? :rolleyes:

I bet the Holloway family is in tears today. They just wish he'd pay for his alleged crime to Natalee. :( But at the least, he now won't be able to victimize any other poor girl/woman.

JMHO
fran

nothing new really, except today's court appearance, albeit brief. Various videos of previous broadcasts about JVDS that aired on ABC.

Van Der Sloot Pleads Guilty to Killing Peru Woman

Story at link ......................http://abcnews.go.com/International...eads-guilty-peru-murder-15338761#.Tw3DeG9AbZ0

Heyya Fran.

Yes! Finally!

Some degree of justice.
They`ll be running the clip, repeatedly on HLN.
It was said that he smiled at the end of his confession.

Godbless the Flores and Holloway families.
What they`ve had to endure.

Fran, hopefully JVS will be out of commision,
during the prime of his life, and the US extortion attempt charges await him.

I thought JVS Mom had cut the financial ties? Anyone remember what he can get for the federal charges here in the U.S? Praying he gets the max in Peru. and finishes his life on the U.S. charges. Then again will he survive this Prison. If anyone is buying him protection it wont last forever. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie