IL IL - Lacey Gaines, 22, Justice, 7 Dec 2009

That is so very true, ChaCha. Unfortunately, there is only so much the VINE system and other safeguards can do to protect IPV victims.

I will certainly do whatever I can on my end. This case, and others, do need to be publicized more.

Durbin says attorney general is committed to reform of problems exposed by Tribune series
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-nw-fugitives-holder-20111109,0,4248420.story

I believe this may have happened in Lacey's case.

Lacey Claire Gaines Murder Case #09-06670 Justice, IL was murdered in 2009, strangled and stabbed. I was told one of the suspects fled to Mexico and they are not prosecuting. She left a 2 yr old son.

Lacey's case was featured in the http://www.Supportforhomicidesurvivors.com website and newsletter last year. It'll be two years this Dec.
_________

Chicago Breaking News - 12/09/09

The slaying of a 20-year-old woman who was found strangled and stabbed inside her south suburban Justice apartment appears to be an isolated incident, Justice Police Chief Bob Gedville said today.

The incident does not appear to be a robbery or a burglary, the chief said, and police are investigating whether the woman killed, Lacey Gaines, knew her killer. Gaines, of the first block of Hickory Trace Drive, was single, Gedville said.

About 7 p.m. Monday police responded to a call for an unresponsive female covered in blood and found Gaines, Gedville said. She was pronounced dead at 7:19 p.m. at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, and her death was ruled a homicide by the Cook County medical examiner's office. She died of strangulation and multiple stab wounds, the office ruled.
{complete case coverage below}

Police have been conducting several interviews but do not plan to file charges in the immediate future, Gedville said. No suspects are in custody, he said.

Death of 20-year-old Justice woman ruled a homicide
________

John Brassil (New Illinois) Chief, Criminal Prosecutions Bureau Office of the Cook County State's Attorney (took over for Fabio Valentini Supervisor, Felony Review Unit , Office Of The Cook County State's Attorney)
john.brassil@cookcountyil.gov
773-674-3020

Justice Police Department http://villageofjustice.org/ 7800 S Archer Rd, Justice, IL 60458 Ph: 708 458-2191 Lead Det R Plotke rplotke@justicepolice-il.org Det Joe Malloy 708-458-2194 Det Jim Davis 312-603-3980 jdavis@cookcountygov.com

oo cha cha... How awful. :pray: I posted the fb to mine, I want to do more.

ChaCha, That is truly awful. You are probably correct in that is what happpened. I am so sorry.

http://coldnomore.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/what-did-lacey-gaines-former-boss-know/

Cold No More Blog
by Norm Holliston

clipped for length:

What Did Lacey Gaines’ Former Boss Know?
by holliston2012

Lacey and her son Conor the year she died.

Lacey Gaines was murdered December 7, 2009 in Justice, Illinois. That much we know. What else is there? She was abused by her ex-boyfriend and the father of her son Conor, Daniel Sanchez. She said he smashed her head through a wall at least once. We know she worked at the Kingsberry Waffle House in Flossmor, Ill. where she made friends and confided in some about not only her abuse, but her relationship with restaurant manager Jimmy Mantas. From the Desplaines Valley News in December 2009, written by James Pluta (who I owe a phone call too! I promise to get to that this week):

Gaines, a single mother, worked three jobs — including as a waitress/hostess for the past two years at Kingsberry Waffle House in Flossmoor, which she quit earlier this year. She earned money to raise her son, pay off a car loan and a mortgage for a house her parents bought in Steger that she and her son shared briefly with the child’s father.
Jimmy Mantas, her manager at the waffle restaurant, called her untimely death a “tragedy” and “traumatic” for those that knew and loved her.

Click on above link to read original post, share and comment.

New post on Cold No More

by holliston2012

Lacey Gaines was brutally murdered by someone police say she probably knew. Her death in December 2009 took place in her apartment. No signs of forced entry or even a struggle were found. Two days later, a letter was sent to victim advocates Robin Sax and Susan Murphy Milano. Lacey had reached out to both [...]

Read more of this post

Cold No More by holliston2012 | December 24, 2011 at 7:00 pm

It was December 7, 2009 when Juan Valadez entered his and his girlfriend Lacey Gaines apartment. There, he found the woman he supposedly loved dead...murdered in cold blood. He couldn't speak English so he had a female companion call 911 and asked the Justice, Illinois Police Department for help. It was too late. Lacey was [...]

Read more of this post URL: http://wp.me/p1Xm5Q-7D

Letter writing Campaign to ask for the active investigation of the Lacey Claire Gaines Murder Case #09-06670 Justice, IL

http://www.facebook.com/notes/help-...gation-of-the-lacey-claire-/10150562991308894

by Help Find Lacey Gaines's Murderer on Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 1:29pm

395466_10150666983713868_237983898867_11947717_173755303_a.jpg
Lacey Gaines murdered December 7, 2009
After 2 years of waiting for justice please write or call the following offices asking for the active investigation of the case of Lacey Claire Gaines Murder Case #09-06670 Justice, IL

"Det Malloy on Jan 14th said they does not have enough evidence to make a case but they think they know who committed the murder. He has a lot of evidence in evidence room coming in from lab. They have video footage from a business near by and they took clothing from all the suspects.

On February 8, 2010 AMW Called and spoke to Det Plotke he indicated then he was waiting on DNA evidence to come back from the lab and other evidence. When asked if there was anyway we could ask the evidence be pushed through the system. He responded they'll have to wait until evidence comes back."
The South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force (SSMCTF) unit investigates major crimes that consist of homicides, kidnappings, and other forcible felonies. The unit consists of law enforcement officers from local, county, state, and federal agencies. www.ssmctf.org

The lead Det Plotke a 12 year veteran of the Police Department of the Village of Justice. Justice with a population of 12,193 with 4,772 housing units; a land area land area of 2.91 sq. miles. Salary: $48,969 - $62,505 Sworn Officers: 28

The lead detective is Det R. Plotke 708-458-2191 Email Me, also Det Joe Malloy 708-458-2194 Email Me

Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart, Asst Jane Miller and Rob Moon
312-603-3980

Det Jim Davis
Email Me
312-603-3980

Gerry Murillo, Commander at Willow Springs Police (second on the scene)
Email Me
Phone: 708-467-3700
Fax: 708-467-3710

John Brassil (New Illinois) Chief, Criminal Prosecutions Bureau Office of the Cook County State's Attorney (took over for Fabio Valentini Supervisor, Felony Review Unit , Office Of The Cook County State's Attorney)
Email Me 773-674-3020

Anita Alvarez State's Attorney Office
Email Me

Lisa Madigan, Illinois Attorney General's Office
http://illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/ ph: 312-814-1003

http://schock.house.gov/Contact/
Aaron Schrock 18th District IL member of Victim's Right Caucus
T: 202.225.6201 F: 202.225.9249
Staffer: Mark Roman
Email Me

http://coldnomore.wordpress.com/201...y-gaines-boyfriend-still-quiet-after-2-years/

This post talks about Lacey's boyfriend Juan. Where is he? Why hasn't he spoken out about Lacey's death? He's not the only one keeping quiet.

Lacey's old boss and reportedly one of her best friends, one who gave her financial and emotional support has been unusually quiet, As has Jimmy's old girlfriend Rosa.

Aka Rosey Betancourt (plus many other numerous alias') reportedly shared with friends Juan Valadez lead a double life. How did she know this?

Lacey frequently confided in James Chiagkouris (he is also Rosa and her 12 year old son's benefactor) and did Jimmy in turn share what Lacey told him with Rosa?

Was Rosa afraid she would lose Jimmy's support to a younger and prettier woman? Jimmy allegedly forgot to pay rosa's and paid Lacey's causing a public argument at the restaurant.

Another of Rosa's alias' is Awawdeh, this is the last name of her youngest 12 yr old son's father (age 32).

Rosa's FB page (Rosey Betancourt) says she graduated from Thornridge High School in 1988 making her about age 42, she knows Greek (Jimmy Chiagkouris is Greek), Spanish (Esparaza), and Arabic (Awawdeh) and she is originally from Sauk Village, Illinois.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002327203650 Rosa is pictured with her older son "Joe" also spoken about in this blog - with possible gang ties.

Her son's father supposedly also lives in Midlothian - of Arab descent has photos of a trip to the UAE just a few weeks after Lacey's death.

A FB commenter remarked maybe Lacey's brutal murder was some sort of an honor killing. She expressed she feels this murder may have been orchestrated by a jealous woman.

I agree with the above comment, by Wesley Clark, there does seems to be a strong effort to "leave a bogus suspect trail to divert the investigation."

According to on-line postings this Rosa has many connections.

What is it that Rosa and Jimmy are hiding from? Why not do more to help find Lacey's killer? Why did Jimmy act so oddly after her murder?

I pray the legal authorities are looking at all avenues. I encourage all to write and ask for a renewed effort for justice on behalf of Lacey Gaines.

This is such a sad mystery - who killed Lacey Gaines so viciously and why?

Thank you for not letting her be forgotten.

FYI looks like the father Awawdeh now lives in Jordan, he use to live in Midlothian (2000). Deported? Maybe reason Rosa needs support from James or via other means. She certainly does seem to have many connections.

http://coldnomore.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/did-domestic-violence-play-a-role-in-lacey-gaines-murder/

New post on Cold No More

Did Domestic Violence Play a Role in Lacey Gaines’ Murder
by holliston2012

Lacey Gaines was murdered on December 7, 2009 in her rundown apartment in Justice, Illinois. While speculation has run rampant about who did it, there are still no suspects. She did have a child with a boyfriend who she later told people physically beat her. Daniel Rogelio Sanchez, Lacey told friends, co-workers, family and social [...]

Read more of this post

My first impressions and thoughts that come to mind regarding Lacey -

To Lacey's family - God comfort and Bless You. Stay strong. Someone is going to talk.
Here's what I think after reading all the information provided in this site.
I honestly don't think the ex murdered her. First, he did take the LDT, and passed. Those things really do work, and they would have dug deep asking if he paid someone etc. THAT said, I definately think it was someone connected to him. Perhaps a family member, or gang member who did him the "favor." If it was a gang banger, someone in jail will brag and talk. You'll find out that way eventually. Get LE to get some ears on the inside, and start digging around there. Those guys brag about their crimes. Especially about cases with such notariaty. My second theory is that she could have been murdered as a "payback" for something either the ex or the current boyfriend owed. (Drug money they owed, or something like that.) It could have been "payment" for a misdeed of theirs. I don't get the impression the murderer was the current boyfriend based on his apparent history of nonviolence with her. I suspect he disapeared because he was illegal, and afraid of deportion, or just afraid. If he had of killed her, he wouldn't have had the woman with him call the authorities. So, in a nutshell, I don't think either the ex or her at the time boyfriend murdered her. I do, however, think someone connected to them did. I think you'll find out who that is by getting some ears inside the closest prisons.

God Bless - I am praying that you get the answers you seek, and soon!
-Rosesfromangels

ChaCha, my deepest sympathy for you and Lacy's family. I just finished listening to your Blogtalk radio show from 2/2/11 Crimewire show. You have done so much in your search for the killer of Lacy. What seems to be the biggest problem is the Police Dept in Justice, Ill. Why is it that small police depts. think they can solve big cases like this one with limited personnel and no experts in homicides? (I think they get kind of pissy and possessive with cases) I think the lie detector test that the father passed is bogus at this point. English isn't his first language and I doubt very much if the test was given in Spanish. So throw that out as a gauge for truth and start all over again.

I like your idea of sending wanted post cards to the building tenants. Has the "crazy" girlfriend of the second boyfriend been examined? She could have done the dirty deed too...or with help.

Good luck with all of this and I wish the Justice, Ill police would get off the stick and swallow their pride and work harder on this case to solve it.

You have my prayers and good thoughts for Lacy.

ChaCha, my deepest sympathy for you and Lacy's family. I just finished listening to your Blogtalk radio show from 2/2/11 Crimewire show. You have done so much in your search for the killer of Lacy. What seems to be the biggest problem is the Police Dept in Justice, Ill. Why is it that small police depts. think they can solve big cases like this one with limited personnel and no experts in homicides? (I think they get kind of pissy and possessive with cases) I think the lie detector test that the father passed is bogus at this point. English isn't his first language and I doubt very much if the test was given in Spanish. So throw that out as a gauge for truth and start all over again.

I like your idea of sending wanted post cards to the building tenants. Has the "crazy" girlfriend of the second boyfriend been examined? She could have done the dirty deed too...or with help.

Good luck with all of this and I wish the Justice, Ill police would get off the stick and swallow their pride and work harder on this case to solve it.

You have my prayers and good thoughts for Lacy.

I live on the Southside of Chicago: Just a couple of miles from Justice, really, but a world of difference in re: police work. I'm not knocking the police in Justice: I will say, however, that they simply don't have the manpower, nor the resources, to do this type of investigation successfully IMO. I had thought the task force, the suburban task force, was looking into it? This is such a tragedy and I will be sure to keep Lacey in my prayers...she deserves justice. What's so tragic is that I live sooooo close - and this is the first I have heard of this case (here at WS...of course). Thanks WS for keeping the cases in the spotlight.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79
Back