GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, he's not going to Lurigancho?

Man, I really wanted him there - that's where he deserves to be and where he should be.

See. He's already being treated like a celeb prisoner. He's with mob bosses, etc at a special prison and he gets his own cell. Oh well. When he eventually gets out he'll be even meaner, crazier, and probably more homicidal. Let's hope the U.S. gets their hands on him then.

Tapes are up from Anderson's show. Check out:

"Anderson Takes Mary to Task About Her Intentions" and

"What Mary Gets From Her Relationship with a Murderer"

http://www.andersoncooper.com/videos/

Go Anderson!

I loved at the end of the clip where the audience laughed. LOL, I HOPE she realized they were laughing AT HER! not with her.

That's about all I'm gonna say about her. ;)

Thanks for the link! :seeya:

JMHO
fran

LOL...yeah, let's hope her 15 minutes are up.

Late Friday, prison authorities told the AP that Van der Sloot had been transferred to the high-security Piedras Gordas prison in northern Lima in response to reports that he had enjoyed privileges like television, internet access and a cell phone in Castro Castro prison. Piedras Gordas holds local crime bosses and terrorism convicts, including Shining Path guerrillas.

"He will be in an individual cell at Piedras Gordas to give authorities greater control of him and cut off some of the facilities he has had in Castro Castro,"

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/13/2587772/court-to-sentence-van-der-sloot.html#storylink=cpy

BBM

He was in an individual cell in Castro Castro too. So how is this going to cut him off? It just makes it easier to hide what he's up to. That prison looks like a Club Med compared to Lurigancho. I knew he'd end up in a "private room" in a newer and more state of the art prison. :furious:

Man, I really wanted him there - that's where he deserves to be and where he should be.

I'm a little disappointed too WOO, that he isn't going to the he!! on earth. OTOH, like they say, if you have $$, you can buy things even in prison. Although that other prison is the worst, this guy is so resourceful, he'd most likely find someone to be his sugar - daddy or mamma. He'd most likely be able to afford to buy luxuries. Like what we're just now finding out he's been enjoying in Castro Castro.

But guess what? He killed the wrong person, this time (imho). He killed someone in THEIR OWN COUNTRY, and has to face the wrath of that country's laws, and even more importantly, the connection to high places isn't HIS this time, but his victim and her family. The Holloway and Twittys had connections to make things happen in Aruba, but the problem was, the perp ALSO had connections and it was HIS home turf! So he won.

This time, the connections are all on the side of the victim and he definitely chose the wrong person to murder! Mr. Flores is well respected and well CONNECTED in Peru. You add to the fact that he loved his daughter more than anything and he's the type of person that can be a bulldog when he puts his mind to it. You NEVER mess with a man's daughter, if he's the type that will protect her no matter what.

Stephanie's dad is the type that will never let this go. NEVER! Joran has met his match in determination. As determined as Joran was to be evil, Stephanie's dad is determined he's gonna pay every day of his sentence, for the evil he did to his daughter! He won't let Joran rest or enjoy a minute of it.

Just imagine being confined to a cell for 15 or 28 years, no outside contact except on visiting day, 3 meals a day, maybe a book to read, nothing to keep your mind occupied, except your own evil thoughts. The only sound you hear are other prisoners whining, fighting, threatening, yelling, crying, wailing. No human contact.

I think he's not going to be as smiley as he was today in court, when he gets out. He's doomed...............................At least I hope so! I want him mentally tortured like he tortured his victim before he met Stephanie and then for what he did to Stephanie.

I know, I'm not a very nice person, but I want him to suffer like he made his victims. :mad:

JMHO and all that,
fran

PS....at the very least, we can all rest a little better tonite, knowing that this world is just a tiny bit safer for at least the next decade or almost three! Our daughters are safer, our streets are safer! Because this guy, Joran Van der Sloot, is behind bars. :behindbar

PPS>......RIP Stephanie and Natalee....... your work is done. :rose:

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered: Has there been any indication that Joran will be under suicide watch? I tuned in to HLN for the sentencing and listened to subsequent commentary for a while and didn't hear any mention of this. Joran appeared to be highly stressed and in sheer disbelief about the imposed sentence and fine. He was sweating profusely, and the color seemed to drain from his face until he looked ghostly. I know that some might think that a sociopath doesn't take their own life, but in his current situation, Joran might be desperate enough to take the easy way out of his misery. jmo

I'm not sure if this has already been answered or not, but he was already placed under sucide watch because he banged his head up against a wall.....this guy has a security guard around him 24 hrs a day, he hasn't been in population and he is in a section with 1 other prisoner, because of his "celeb" status, he wanted to go back to the Netherlands and the judge said no, she also said that his confession had nothing to do with his sentencing, maybe because it wasn't a sinere confession!!

Good post, fran!

We've not heard the last of Joran Van der Sloot. Of this I'm sure.

But at least he's FINALLY being held accountable. No daddy or daddy's cronies to protect him this time.

I feel so exhausted from today. As if I've been holding my breath for 6 1/2 years waiting for this day to come.

Joran may be faced with the U.S. extradition request on the Alabama extortion charge sooner rather than later, IMO. Peru can send him to the US any time they want, from what I understand. If he goes to a U.S. prison at all, even awaiting trial here, his parole eligibility date could be set back for that time. Actually, does Peru allow Parole for convictions with detainers?

This, is an interesting possibility? I'd like to know more about it!
If yours above is correct this conceivably could wrap Joran up for a very long time - and render him harmless forever. ???

The Twisted Mind of Joran van der Sloot
January 11, 2012

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...s/201201/the-twisted-mind-joran-van-der-sloot

The question is why did he plead guilty? He's been the primary suspect in the Holloway case for years and has led the authorities on a merry chase. At times confessing to various people, then recanting his story and even being arrested twice for questioning, he knew there was not enough evidence to charge him. He was playing a sick game with the police, the prosecution and worst of all the emotions of the family that lost their daughter. In this case, he clearly loved playing games with the authorities AND he had a chance to have the charge reduced to manslaughter. So again, why did he plead guilty?

He pled guilty trying to beat the system, re- trying to use their system to beat justice. He's done that his whole life. He uses everybody. He learned it from his parents, apparently. As you say correctly above:
He was and still is playing a sick game with ... reality.

Late Friday, prison authorities told the AP that Van der Sloot had been transferred to the high-security Piedras Gordas prison in northern Lima in response to reports that he had enjoyed privileges like television, internet access and a cell phone in Castro Castro prison. Piedras Gordas holds local crime bosses and terrorism convicts, including Shining Path guerrillas.

"He will be in an individual cell at Piedras Gordas to give authorities greater control of him and cut off some of the facilities he has had in Castro Castro,"

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/13/2587772/court-to-sentence-van-der-sloot.html#storylink=cpy

From the link:

While the parents of Holloway and Flores want him to experience the greater deprivation of a U.S. prison, they will have to wait for him to serve his time before any extradition on U.S. charges related to his alleged extortion of Holloway's mother, a Peruvian legal expert said.

Color me confused, what American Federal prison is going to have "greater deprivation" than Peru?

While I'm impressed with how quickly they moved him out of Castro Castro, I was really hoping to see vds packed off to Lurigancho. It sounded like the perfect place for to him spend the rest of his life, unlike the private cell they have for him at Piedras Gordas.

Now I will hope there are prisoners waiting their turn to welcome boyo to his new ''home''. Lots of prisoners, prisoners who have nothing to lose and maybe just have a lot of dislike for someone who would viciously murder a young woman in cold blood.

I'm a little disappointed too WOO, that he isn't going to the he!! on earth. OTOH, like they say, if you have $$, you can buy things even in prison. Although that other prison is the worst, this guy is so resourceful, he'd most likely find someone to be his sugar - daddy or mamma. He'd most likely be able to afford to buy luxuries. Like what we're just now finding out he's been enjoying in Castro Castro.

But guess what? He killed the wrong person, this time (imho). He killed someone in THEIR OWN COUNTRY, and has to face the wrath of that country's laws, and even more importantly, the connection to high places isn't HIS this time, but his victim and her family. The Holloway and Twittys had connections to make things happen in Aruba, but the problem was, the perp ALSO had connections and it was HIS home turf! So he won.

This time, the connections are all on the side of the victim and he definitely chose the wrong person to murder! Mr. Flores is well respected and well CONNECTED in Peru. You add to the fact that he loved his daughter more than anything and he's the type of person that can be a bulldog when he puts his mind to it. You NEVER mess with a man's daughter, if he's the type that will protect her no matter what.

Stephanie's dad is the type that will never let this go. NEVER! Joran has met his match in determination. As determined as Joran was to be evil, Stephanie's dad is determined he's gonna pay every day of his sentence, for the evil he did to his daughter! He won't let Joran rest or enjoy a minute of it.

Just imagine being confined to a cell for 15 or 28 years, no outside contact except on visiting day, 3 meals a day, maybe a book to read, nothing to keep your mind occupied, except your own evil thoughts. The only sound you hear are other prisoners whining, fighting, threatening, yelling, crying, wailing. No human contact.

I think he's not going to be as smiley as he was today in court, when he gets out. He's doomed...............................At least I hope so! I want him mentally tortured like he tortured his victim before he met Stephanie and then for what he did to Stephanie.

I know, I'm not a very nice person, but I want him to suffer like he made his victims. :mad:

JMHO and all that,
fran

PS....at the very least, we can all rest a little better tonite, knowing that this world is just a tiny bit safer for at least the next decade or almost three! Our daughters are safer, our streets are safer! Because this guy, Joran Van der Sloot, is behind bars. :behindbar

PPS>......RIP Stephanie and Natalee....... your work is done. :rose:

Great post Fran - I think Natalie and Stephany are resting a little easier tonight.

I think it's fantasy that he'll be in some kind of danger in prison, even if he ends up in one of their worst ones (and I hope it's the worst of the worst). This dude is 6'4" tall or more. He's probably 250+ lbs. He's young and angry and crazy. You really think some smaller guy is going to take him on? I don't.

He'll probably be used as some kind of security/protection for some others. He'll probably be in some kind of gang before too long. His size and youth and sheer crazy anger will be exploited by other prisoners to give him some new 'job' to do on behalf of his elders in prison. You watch.

... and there are small people who just love proving how tough they are by chopping down BIG IMPORTANT GIANTS! At the least Joran will get into disputes and he will accumulate wounds. And a lot of larger people die by a thousand small wounds, accumulated over time. One cut tendon and . . . he's a gimpy hulk and vulnerable not to mention the psychological effects which in Joran's case are important. This is a momma's boy who has his limits and folds his cards ... early ... and murders because he can do no better!

From the link:

While the parents of Holloway and Flores want him to experience the greater deprivation of a U.S. prison, they will have to wait for him to serve his time before any extradition on U.S. charges related to his alleged extortion of Holloway's mother, a Peruvian legal expert said.

Color me confused, what American Federal prison is going to have "greater deprivation" than Peru?

While I'm impressed with how quickly they moved him out of Castro Castro, I was really hoping to see vds packed off to Lurigancho. It sounded like the perfect place for to him spend the rest of his life, unlike the private cell they have for him at Piedras Gordas.

Now I will hope there are prisoners waiting their turn to welcome boyo to his new ''home''. Lots of prisoners, prisoners who have nothing to lose and maybe just have a lot of dislike for someone who would viciously murder a young woman in cold blood.

Considering the likes of the other "high profile" prisoners in that prison, it's unlikely he'll be doing much mingling if he's in a section with individual cells.

I wonder if they've got him in the newer, smaller, phase 2 section. :furious:

And I wonder who gets his 42" flat screen TV, internet modem, blue ray dvd player and cell phone back at Castro Castro. :floorlaugh:

People said the same thing when he went to Castro Castro. And none of it came to pass. He was instead playing poker with the other high profile inmates and got along just peachy.

I'm sure he'll figure out how to make his stay as comfy as he can and he's a con man so those skills will come in handy as well. Prison "justice" is a fantasy. Murderers don't particularly care about others' crimes. They only care what they can get or do to take care of their own needs and those of their gangs. Violence in prison is not about the victim, it's about one upping another inmate or doing a hit to gain favor or getting to someone famous to gain an alpha position.

I have no doubt that she has physically cut him out of her life. She stated that if he is guilty he's on his own in Peru as far as the trial and prison is concerned. Publicly she will not be seen supporting him by visiting him or doing any media defending him.

But he is her son, and she loves him. I have no doubt that as long as she is able, she will see to it that his needs are met at least financially and she will correspond with him if he chooses to engage in conversation, especially if he continues to have internet access or even just occasional phone priviledges.

MOO

She has said this before, many times in multiple ways, clear since the Aruba. Its her public stance. Blood is thicker than water with her, as it was for the Dad. These are not people who give up their own to ANY OUTSIDERS! She never has cared one whit about Natalie and that family.
How do you think this egotist Joran vander Sloot was spawned!? He is no accident. (the other son is as arrogant as Joran but more wits, from evertything Ive read)

Why the heck does Joran look like a meth addict? Natural charm oozing out? He looks terrible. I love it.

Yes his appearance has changed. There is a toll to this lifestyle. Addiction is a real possibility for a personality like him in his circumstances. And he will continue feeding his habit just as he has since a teen - by one means or another until the inevitable cost to himself and everyone else.

Joran is not some new wheel! He is a known quantity. And youc an be 100% certain there are people in peru who know this totally. It remains to be seen what they will do, or not do, to expedite matters. I think its almost impossible that somebody wont do something. Joran has hurt too many people deeply. He's living on the razor;s edge - literally. In a palce full of razors and people who have them!

... and there are small people who just love proving how tough they are by chopping down BIG IMPORTANT GIANTS! At the least Joran will get into disputes and he will accumulate wounds. And a lot of larger people die by a thousand small wounds, accumulated over time. One cut tendon and . . . he's a gimpy hulk and vulnerable not to mention the psychological effects which in Joran's case are important. This is a momma's boy who has his limits and folds his cards ... early ... and murders because he can do no better!

Great points. Love the poker reference...and might I add, bluffing will be worthless to him, these guys are already all in.

So, they are going to isolate him better and keep him fit ?
Is there a reason bigger than Joran?
Like negotiations with USA?
Cant have him a basket case if he's going to be shipped elsewhere
for more court hearings and brought back?
Yes I know its wishful thinking but damn . . . :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member