The Hobbs Family Secret

Wow what's that triple hearsay? "somebody" was told by Hobbs Jr that supposedly Hobbs Sr was told by Terry Hobbs that he did it.. Okie dokie then..

Wow what's that triple hearsay? "somebody" was told by Hobbs Jr that supposedly Hobbs Sr was told by Terry Hobbs that he did it.. Okie dokie then..

nope, not exactly. someone who actually heard, first hand, hobbs confess to his brother, hobbs, sr. subsequently, two others were told by hobbs, jr. who actually heard this conversation as well, that his uncle murdered the boys. all three have passed polygraphs and have sworn under threat of perjury.
so what you have is one eye witness and two hearsay.

that is breaking news on this case.

that is adding up to quite a bit of evidence when combined with the DNA evidence of TH hair match in the ligature of a victim who was not his step-son, DNA evidence of DJ hair match at scene of discovery. Plus, the three eye witnesses that place TH with all 3 boys on the evening of May 5th.

nope, not exactly. someone who actually heard, first hand, hobbs confess to his brother, hobbs, sr. subsequently, two others were told by the by hobbs, jr. who actually heard this conversation as well, that his uncle murdered the boys. all three have passed polygraphs and have sworn under threat of perjury.
so what you have is one eye witness and two hearsay.

that is breaking news on this case.

that is adding up to quite a bit of evidence when combined with the DNA evidence of TH hair match in the ligature of a victim who was not his step-son, DNA evidence of DJ hair match at scene of discovery. Plus, the three eye witnesses that place TH with all 3 boys on the evening of May 5th.
Supporters can’t have it both ways. Sorry. If supporters want polygraphs to NOW to be considered reliable and accurate, then Echol's, Misskelly's, and Baldwin’s polygraphs must also be considered accurate. They killed those helpless little boys.

Direct confessions:
Jessie Misskelley’s original 6/3/93 confession
Jessie Misskelley’s continued admission of guilt to his defense lawyers until late September 1993, including documented confessions on 6/11/93 and 8/19/93
Jessie Misskelley’s confession to police officers on 2/4/94
Jessie Misskelley’s tape-recorded confession to defense lawyer Dan Stidham on 2/8/94
Jessie Misskelley’s tape-recorded confession to prosecutors and defense lawyers on 2/17/94

Secondary confessions:
Damien Echols’ bragging about the murders at the softball park, reported to police by five different witnesses
Damien Echols’ alleged confession to William Winford Jones
Damien Echols’ alleged confession to Ken Watson
Damien Echols’ alleged bizarre story to Jesse Hurst in prison
Damien Echols’ alleged bragging about the murders at the skating rink, reported by Brandy Wilson
Jason Baldwin’s alleged jailhouse confession to Michael Carson
Jessie Misskelley’s alleged confession to Buddy Lucas
Jessie Misskelley’s alleged confession to Kim Floresca
Jessie Misskelley’s alleged confession to Michael Johnson in prison

http://wm3truth.com/blog/

Supporters can’t have it both ways. Sorry. If supporters want polygraphs to NOW to be considered reliable and accurate, then Echol's, Misskelly's, and Baldwin’s polygraphs must also be considered accurate. They killed those helpless little boys.

Direct confessions:
Jessie Misskelley’s original 6/3/93 confession
Jessie Misskelley’s continued admission of guilt to his defense lawyers until late September 1993, including documented confessions on 6/11/93 and 8/19/93
Jessie Misskelley’s confession to police officers on 2/4/94
Jessie Misskelley’s tape-recorded confession to defense lawyer Dan Stidham on 2/8/94
Jessie Misskelley’s tape-recorded confession to prosecutors and defense lawyers on 2/17/94

Secondary confessions:
Damien Echols’ bragging about the murders at the softball park, reported to police by five different witnesses
Damien Echols’ alleged confession to William Winford Jones
Damien Echols’ alleged confession to Ken Watson
Damien Echols’ alleged bizarre story to Jesse Hurst in prison
Damien Echols’ alleged bragging about the murders at the skating rink, reported by Brandy Wilson
Jason Baldwin’s alleged jailhouse confession to Michael Carson
Jessie Misskelley’s alleged confession to Buddy Lucas
Jessie Misskelley’s alleged confession to Kim Floresca
Jessie Misskelley’s alleged confession to Michael Johnson in prison

http://wm3truth.com/blog/

point taken. it really all comes down to who is administering and reading the polygraph. in this case we know it was not the bumbling WMPD.

some of those you are asserting have recanted. we should not forget that. and most of who you have mentioned were hardly credible at the time due to either the storm of rumor mongering at the time or their precarious positions.

This article below which appeared in the Commercial Appeal explains my question in the post above this one. Hobbs jr.'s friends were arrested for something, and he provided the evidence against them. In return they decided to make his life miserable by making statements to the WM3 defense team that Hobbs Jr. told them his uncle was guilty.

I guess your statement, Entrenous: "it really all comes down to who is administering and reading the polygraph" is oh, so true!
----

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/jan/20/new-sworn-statements-implicate-hobbs-west-memphis/

"...Contacted today, Michael Hobbs Sr. laughed upon hearing the allegations, calling them “made up stuff.”

He said his son and the three friends had a falling out and this is their way to get even.

He said his son, Michael Hobbs Jr., sent him a text message today saying, “You think people are going to believe that (expletive)?”

The three friends of his son could be subject to perjury penalties if the statements are false.

Echols' attorneys said Hobbs could have picked up one of Jacoby's hairs when he sat with him and played guitars inside Jacoby's home. Hobbs has maintained that the victims could have picked the hair up from his house since they often played there...."
---

Okley dokely, now I am ROFL because the defense is now trying to use the same argument Terry Hobbs has made. It's quite amusing to me since many supporters have claimed the hair transferral business was a bunch of Hobbs' malarky, and proves he did it. By the defense allowing for any hair transferral at all, it seems to me they just stuck their foot out, and shot their own argument in the foot. It is truly hard to say whether the Hobbs hair and the so called Jacoby hair arrived via Terry Hobbs and Jacoby or via Terry Hobbs only or via Terry Hobbs and Stevie or Stevie only. No DA is going to want to sort that out. It's impossible anyway.

IMO,Ellington isn't going to touch this case again with a 10ft. pole. He has no incentive, no matter how loud, how boisterous or how outraged supporters get. All this case offers him is a chance to look like a fool.

Idle thought: How much would a man have to be paid to make it worth it to him to throw away his career, and his standing in the community? I know that kind of money has already been sunk into this case. Kind of all depends on what kind of a human being Ellington is.
??????

This case has meant a lot to me since I was born and raised only 50 miles away from West Memphis and 30 miles from Jonesboro where the trail and appeals took place. I remember vividly when the murders occurred; I was 12-13 at the time. We travel to Memphis frequently, and I can remember shortly after the murders seeing Robinhill Woods from the interstate. I know the world heard about it, but where I'm from people were living it. Stidam is a judge in my town if that tells you how close I am to this case.
That being said, I've went back and forth on the innocents/gulit of the WM3. I've read books, and on my local news, KAIT, reports of the WM3 case was a normality.
I was a kid when the boys were murder, and now I'm an adult with a son the exact same age as the boys murdered. No matter you look at it the killer(s) of these three boys is walking free. I honestly don't know who committed these acts, but I'd rather it be someone other than the WM3 because that means it's still possible for the "real" West Memphid Three to have justice.

This hasn't been put out in a press release yet, but one of Pam's sisters, Judy Hicks Sadler, said from the Sundance Film Festival where West of Memphis is premiering that an exact fiber match (not a microscopically similar one, mind you) has come back from a fiber found in the hinge of a knife in a drawer of knives owned by Terry Hobbs (not Stevie's pocket knife but one of Terry's own knives). It matches the ligature (shoelace) used to bind Michael Moore - the same ligature where the "Hobbs' hair" was found. I'll post a link as soon as it comes up.

ohh god,thank you ,thank you we are getting closer to the truth,Thank you Peter Jackson and everyone who has supported the three innocent boys that were killed and the three innocent boys that had to pay for it,I'm hoping justice will come,it's just a matter of time

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" - MLK

This hasn't been put out in a press release yet, but one of Pam's sisters, Judy Hicks Sadler, said from the Sundance Film Festival where West of Memphis is premiering that an exact fiber match (not a microscopically similar one, mind you) has come back from a fiber found in the hinge of a knife in a drawer of knives owned by Terry Hobbs (not Stevie's pocket knife but one of Terry's own knives). It matches the ligature (shoelace) used to bind Michael Moore - the same ligature where the "Hobbs' hair" was found. I'll post a link as soon as it comes up.

If this is accurate what is stoping the police from going after Hobbs? Damn how much more evidence do they need? They arrested the wm3 on a lot less.

Yes, please post the link when you find it. If Hobbs did it I hope my state doesn't drop the ball on it.

Respectfully snipped by EntreNous
...Echols' attorneys said Hobbs could have picked up one of Jacoby's hairs when he sat with him and played guitars inside Jacoby's home. Hobbs has maintained that the victims could have picked the hair up from his house since they often played there...."
---

Okley dokely, now I am ROFL because the defense is now trying to use the same argument Terry Hobbs has made. It's quite amusing to me since many supporters have claimed the hair transferral business was a bunch of Hobbs' malarky, and proves he did it. By the defense allowing for any hair transferral at all, it seems to me they just stuck their foot out, and shot their own argument in the foot. It is truly hard to say whether the Hobbs hair and the so called Jacoby hair arrived via Terry Hobbs and Jacoby or via Terry Hobbs only or via Terry Hobbs and Stevie or Stevie only. No DA is going to want to sort that out. It's impossible anyway.

IMO,Ellington isn't going to touch this case again with a 10ft. pole. He has no incentive, no matter how loud, how boisterous or how outraged supporters get. All this case offers him is a chance to look like a fool.

Idle thought: How much would a man have to be paid to make it worth it to him to throw away his career, and his standing in the community? I know that kind of money has already been sunk into this case. Kind of all depends on what kind of a human being Ellington is.
??????

I don't think the hair found at the scene proves that TH did it. I do, however think it casts suspicion his way.

Our opinions differ on Ellington. Bringing this case back to life and finding justice for those 3 little boys would make him a hero in a monumental way. It is his weakness in not standing for justice that makes him look like a fool. bought and paid for.

Hey CP, if this is legit it is a monumental find... not "microscopically similar" but an "exact match," amazing really. If this proves true I can't wait to see how the folks on the Hoax board spin it. As for the 3 sworn affidavits about the "Hobbs family secret," well that's not so much of a big deal to me. It appears the three may have had an axe to grind with the Hobbs family, and while I don't discount it outright (as that would be irresponsible without it properly being looked into) I don't buy into it completely either. I've seen that they passed a polygraph being bandied about, but I put no stock in those machines (since I showed deception on a question that I did not lie about) and as a former police officer myself you would be surprised how very few cops actually put any stock in polygraph results. It appears that evidence may be starting to mount against Mr. Hobbs... This may get interesting. (Just when I had decided to leave the WM3 saga behind, it roars its ugly head back at me)

I don't think its possible to match fibres exactly. The science of fibre matching has moved on since 1994, so its possible to narrow the source of a fibre down further now than it was at the time of the trials, but fibres still aren't like DNA where you can narrow the source down to an individual.

So its more likely that tests have shown that the fibre in Hobbs' knife is consistent with one of the shoe laces used to tie the boys. On its own that wouldn't mean much, but if the fibre in Hobbs' knife is consistent with the one adult sized shoe lace at the crime scene - which is the only one cut in half, and also the one with a hair underneath it consistent with Hobbs' DNA - then that means more.

Why doesn't Damien ask for these fibers to be retested? Hmmmm.
- the fiber found on Steven Branch’s shirt which matched a fiber from Jason Baldwin’s home
- the couple of fibers from a shirt at Damien Echols house which matched one on Michael’s Cub Scout cap and on his shirt

BREAKING: ‘West Of Memphis’ Unveils New Witnesses In Murder Case

Terry Hobbs nephew told his friends......

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/breaking-west-of-memphis-unveils-new-witnesses-in-murder-case/

I haven't found anything about exact fiber match as posted above by Compassionate Reader

I got a laugh out of the indecisiveness of Echol's attorney's statement.
"........the people closest to Terry Hobbs, his family members, MAY know much more about Terry’s involvement in the West Memphis Three case..."

Uh....yeah, and your client, (Damien Echols) MAY also know more than what he has revealed, Mr. Braga.

From: http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-statem...,5189049.story

"2009 Two of three men who came forward were arrested. Michael Hobbs jr. provides evidence against them."

What is the context of that, and what does it have to do with anything?
:waitasec:
IMO, It has a lot to do with this and Pam or Pam's sister.

Two of three men who are the brand new witnesses (brought forward by a tip line paid for by supporters and God-only-knows other incentives) are pizzed at the Hobb family because a Hobb family member's testimony had them arrested in the past.

Pam's sister? Pam as in "the ex-wife of Terry Hobbs that hates him with an extreme passion"? lol

"the Court should allow the release of these fibers for advanced testing"

"the Baldwin defense urges the Court to order the release of both animal hair and fiber evidence for examination and analysis"

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/motions/jb_memo_fiber_release.html

Why doesn't Damien ask for these fibers to be retested? Hmmmm.
- the fiber found on Steven Branch’s shirt which matched a fiber from Jason Baldwin’s home
- the couple of fibers from a shirt at Damien Echols house which matched one on Michael’s Cub Scout cap and on his shirt

I got a laugh out of the indecisiveness of Echol's attorney's statement.
"........the people closest to Terry Hobbs, his family members, MAY know much more about Terry’s involvement in the West Memphis Three case..."

Uh....yeah, and your client, (Damien Echols) MAY also know more than what he has revealed, Mr. Braga.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back