What do Burke's interviews tell us?

My daughters are 23 and 9 years old, so I tried to imagine how my youngest would act in a similar situation. 1st of all, some of BR's reactions, can be chalked up to immaturity, and/or a regression in maturity, due to the trauma. I believe my dd would show signs of regression. 2ndly, all families are different, and children usually reflect their parent's quirks. I think some of this might have been going on.So, with my own daughter in mind, here are a few of my observations. In this situation, my daughter would never feel safe, probably never again. But, if his family had told him over and over, how safe he was, he might have taken their word for it. But, even at 9, my dd is aware enough, to know if her world has been rocked. In a situation like this, my dd might say what she liked best about me was the hugs and kisses, but I doubt it. She would most likely talk about us loving her, and trying to keep the family together. If asked about what she didn't like, she would never mention material things, like expensive toys...no way. She would be dwelling on her fear, that we would never recover from the trauma. I know she would. I don't know what to make of the bedwetting. IMO, it could be physical or psychological. I think his response to doing ok, and 'yep' to missing his sister, were ok. If he went into the interview with a chip on his shoulder, I could understand him not opening up. But my daughter, on the other hand, would be so overcome with grief, that she would literally be starving for someone to talk to, to confide in, and to reassure her. I do know, that my daughter would include her sister in family drawings...probably forever. I can't imagine, after just 13 days, her talking about getting on with her life. This seems abnormal, but here's where parental quirks, may have come in to play. If his parents had spent those 13 days, talking about how important moving on was, he may have picked up on it. Him saying that he knew what happened, points to him either witnessing the murder, or someone telling him...otherwise, he would have said, ' I think'. I'm surprised he knew about the head wound... and him bringing up the knife, disturbs me. This is brutal knowledge for a 9 year old. And I don't understand how he could know all of this, if his only question was, 'where did you find her body?' Also, him putting the game on his head, seems extremely immature for a 9 year old, but could be a form of aggression. MOO

dodie20,
We know Burke knows what happened that night. He was in the house, he saw JonBenet snacking pineapple. But the Ramsey timeline suggests she was already dead. Even if Burke did not know the details at age 9, well guess what, at his current age, he obviously does. And must know both his parents were involved. Anyone ever thought how John has since explained to Burke why he was dumped at the Whites, yet John and Patsy had plans to fly out of Colorado. Did Burke know he was part of that flight plan, or does he think, he was to be abandoned alike JonBenet?

You could infer Burke knew very little since he was removed from John and Patsy's sphere of influence. But he knows enough to realize that the Ramsey version of events must conflict with what he remembers happened that night?

With the Ramsey's focus on religion, I would almost expect Burke to draw JonBenet as an angel watching over the family, rather than omitting her completely.

I think the R's gave BR a limited explanation of the events that morning. I don't believe BR had any involvement. imo

I think BR experienced a lot of drama with PR, therefore, was pretty low-key to avoid ongoing drama. Hence, a daily event in the household. imo

I wish I could read everything that was said, but he seems to be cold and selfish. Big surprise, there. Maybe he inherited his sociopathy genes from his Mom and Dad.

I don't know about anyone else, but when my sisters were hurt when I was Burke's age(and a lot younger, too!), I became hysterical. When they hurt, I hurt.

It's obvious he's been coached by his parents and the mouth-pieces, but he is still remarkably self-centered.

Chris_Texas,

Well the forensic evidence does not seem to support 1. and 3. together. The ligature and broken paintbrush handle is staging, enacted by Patsy, as her entangled fibers confirm.

3b seems highly probable, except that we do not know from where the size-12's originated. Some people think Patsy did indeed redress JonBenet in those size-12's, regarding the Wednesday feature as of some importance?

It appears to me that both parents took an active role in the staging. But I reckon John likely revised a previous plan, without Patsy's knowledge and redressed JonBenet. This might explain the reappearance of the remaining size-12's, which was a major flaw in the Ramsey's version of events, since none were found anywhere in the house!

Also consider , why should Jenny's size-12 underwear be stored in that dirty wine-cellar, who cares who observes what Jenny is to receive for Christmas?

It looks to me as if some incriminating evidence that had been upstairs was moved down into the wine-cellar and explained away as gifts, ok fine, but why were they all partially opened. More staging here?

What was JonBenet's blood-stained pink nightgown doing down in the wine-cellar? That was no Christmas gift. Then there is the Barbie Doll lying in close proximity to the white blanket.

These all look like the remnants of a prior staging or one yet to be enacted. Since those items might have had innocent explanations anywhere else upstairs, but in the wine-cellar they could only have one use e.g. staging.

I reckon its an RDI mistake to assume the contents of the wine-cellar can be explained away by the Ramsey version of events. They might be lying through their teeth, with the contents representing evidence from upstairs that has been, by necessity, relocated down into the wine-cellar, along with JonBenet. In the hope they would have left town before it was discovered?

WHO is Jenny ? And was the opened package of 6 in cellophane panties, size 12 found by the police??

Sorry, I can't read everything here......if it was already detailed.

I thought the fibers on JonBenet were from what appeared to have been from being wiped or cleaned with black (or was it navy?) wool material. I also thought John had another color shirt on that day, but was still wool. I wish fiber evidence would advance the way dna has so that it could be definitely determined in some crimes. Maybe even from the sheep and dyes.

Also: someone can correct if I'm wrong, but I believe that once the Ramsey's got moved to Michigan they claimed to have found the size 12 underwear in a box that moved with them. I have no idea, or don't remember if the panties were said to have been found in the tube or how many were found.

WHO is Jenny ? And was the opened package of 6 in cellophane panties, size 12 found by the police??

Sorry, I can't read everything here......if it was already detailed.

Leomoon80,
Jenny Davis is Patsy's niece. No the opened package was not found by the police.

What's everyone's opinions on this interview? Does anything stand out?
I'll post what I find interesting in my next post so this one doesn't get too long
It's so clear. The kid suspects it was someone in his family. He keeps his mouth shut because he is afraid and wants to stay loyal to his parents. But he let's it leak. What do you think Zsa Zsa?
AJ

I thought the fibers on JonBenet were from what appeared to have been from being wiped or cleaned with black (or was it navy?) wool material. I also thought John had another color shirt on that day, but was still wool. I wish fiber evidence would advance the way dna has so that it could be definitely determined in some crimes. Maybe even from the sheep and dyes.

Also: someone can correct if I'm wrong, but I believe that once the Ramsey's got moved to Michigan they claimed to have found the size 12 underwear in a box that moved with them. I have no idea, or don't remember if the panties were said to have been found in the tube or how many were found.

txsvicki,
Fibers from John Ramsey's Israeli manufactured woolen shirt were found on JonBenet. They matched due to the Israeli connection, otherwise they could be cited as any old fibers, even blown in on the wind.

claimed to have found the size 12 underwear in a box that moved with them.
This is correct, but contentious, since the Ramsey's found them, not LEA, e.g. chain of custody, and the Ramsey's needed to find them so that they could continue their fictional account of events. e.g. Patsy stated she placed the pack of size-12's into JonBenet's underwear drawer, as an explanation for JonBenet wearing a pair, but not that she was wearing a pair to the White's party. LEA stated they searched the drawer and house and found no size-12's.

Now from this it follows that the intruder redressed JonBenet in those size-12's and removed the remaining pairs. This explanation contradicts Patsy's, so the remaining pairs had to surface!

There is patently evidence that has been redacted otherwise the R's would not have gone to lengths that they did to make their version of events consistent.

Is there a full transcript of Burke's interview floating around anywhere?

It's so clear. The kid suspects it was someone in his family. He keeps his mouth shut because he is afraid and wants to stay loyal to his parents. But he let's it leak. What do you think Zsa Zsa?
AJ

Lovetoride55,
Why should BR need to suspect anyone else? He was in the house that night, he knows who shared JonBenet's pineapple snack, who sipped tea, what JonBenet was wearing and if it differed from how she was dressed in the wine-cellar. BR stated he watched as JonBenet walked into the house after the White's party, not carried in as his parents claimed.

BR knows without a shadow of doubt that another Ramsey killed JonBenet, and if it was not him, then that leaves only two suspects, and if probability is any guide, that JonBenet was sexually assaulted prior to her death, might offer a guide to who was the catalyst in the JonBenet case!

Now from this it follows that the intruder redressed JonBenet in those size-12's and removed the remaining pairs. This explanation contradicts Patsy's, so the remaining pairs had to surface!

In other words it "follows" via logical deduction OR because the police (LE) claim that this is what they would have done, (they being the intruder(s) or single intruder)

I don't know that logically, if it were me, who killed and possibly even harmed Jon Benet in a sexual way, that I'd think logically when looking to high tail it out of the house. :waitasec:

Not sure what the inference is about "follows that"......although it might make a great deal of sense IF the stage was set and thought about prior to the finding of Jon Benet to take away said evidence.

It would be nice to read, to see exactly what he did say.

Thats what i was thinking, as long as its un-edited and released in whole not just whatLin Wood or any one else wants us to see if you catch my drift.

I have always been a staunch PDI, but in the last few days i've been thinking.

John and Patsy have always been distant from each other by many people's accounts. I always wondered why they seemed to be so distant but stayed together through everything. I mean, if i felt anything less than total and utter devotion to my spouse, and then he went and accidentally (or not) killed my child, i would not be inclined to form a unified front and lie through my teeth and do WHATEVER it took to keep the lie going, even taking the secret to the grave.

However, if my other child accidentally killed my child, i would most certainly form an alliance with the spouse i didn't really care for to keep the remaining child out of the clutches of the law and safe from any kind of detention or incarceration. Forever. I would take THIS secret to the grave.

This actually makes so much sense to me.
Burke was jealous of his sister; she was the favourite, she got all the attention from Patsy and Nedra with the pageants etc. She was easily Mamma's little girl, so i can believe that Burke was jealous.
If Burke has Asperger's or a similar syndrome, that makes it even more likely that he may have acted out.

I don't, however, think that he was having any sexual encounters with JonBenet - he was only 9, what kind of 9 year old is into erotic asphyxiation? Ridiculous.

This is what i think happened in a nutshell:

Burke hit JB over the head with the flashlight OR pushed her or similar and she banged her head on a corner or something. She possibly screamed just before the impact?

Patsy heard the scream and found JB unconscious. She and John conspired to make her "death" look like an intruder and strangled her, not knowing that she wasn't actually dead. Then they followed through with the rest of the staging as well as the ransom note and the rest is history.

In my opinion, it's as they say: the simplest explanations are often correct.
Burke - the jealous brother with Asperger's.

JMO.

I haven't spent much time until now to learn more about JonBenet death so I'm trying to catch up, please bear with me.

I read upthread about Burkes visit with a therapist and his manner and way of speaking and it sounds like"pragmatic speech" that is common with Atusim and the distance they have in terms of relating to other people.

My seventeen year old grandson has Asperger and that is how many express themselves. They don't relate to people and situations like most folks. They have own way of looking at things and in how they "speak" and many times comes off cold or mean spirited.

ILTBP

Is there a full transcript of Burke's interview floating around anywhere?

There is limited info on some things he said, but I doubt the actual transcript would ever be made public.

In other words it "follows" via logical deduction OR because the police (LE) claim that this is what they would have done, (they being the intruder(s) or single intruder)

I don't know that logically, if it were me, who killed and possibly even harmed Jon Benet in a sexual way, that I'd think logically when looking to high tail it out of the house. :waitasec:

Not sure what the inference is about "follows that"......although it might make a great deal of sense IF the stage was set and thought about prior to the finding of Jon Benet to take away said evidence.

Leomoon80,
In this case two important issues are the staged aspect and Patsy Ramsey's statements about JonBenet's underwear. These are important since they offer evidence that the Ramsey's version of events may be inconsistent.

In other words it "follows" via logical deduction
Correct, reasoning that Columbo would consider.

I don't know that logically, if it were me,
This is precisely why Columbo would reason as above, he might assume the intruders state of mind?

The inference is about working out what follows if you accept that the following sentences are factually correct:

1. Patsy stated that she placed the pack of Bloomingdale size-12's into JonBenet's underwear drawer.

2. Police stated they searched JonBenet's underwear drawer and found no Bloomingdale size-12 underwear.

So what must follow is this: if an intruder killed JonBenet then the intruder redressed JonBenet in the size-12's and left with the remaining pairs of Bloomingdales size-12 along with with JonBenet's size-6 underwear.

But RDI suggests JonBenet was redressed in the size-12's to effect how JonBenet should appear as she was on returning from the White's party, as per the Ramsey account.

So whichever theory you promote IDI or RDI the Bloomingdale size-12's are missing.

And Columbo would have one more question for you: Who removed JonBenet's Bloomingdale size-12 underwear from her drawer?

What's everyone's opinions on this interview? Does anything stand out?
I'll post what I find interesting in my next post so this one doesn't get too long
one thing that stands out, IMO, is BR continuously telling the Dr that he tried to forget things, and played his nintendo. Isn't this what he was seen doing the day Jon Benet was discovered? I wonder what things he was trying to forget then? If he had said, 'not think about things', instead of 'forget' things, I wouldn't have as much problem with it. Oh boy...I think he had a lot of things he wanted to forget. MOO.

one thing that stands out, IMO, is BR continuously telling the Dr that he tried to forget things, and played his nintendo. Isn't this what he was seen doing the day Jon Benet was discovered? I wonder what things he was trying to forget then? If he had said, 'not think about things', instead of 'forget' things, I wouldn't have as much problem with it. Oh boy...I think he had a lot of things he wanted to forget. MOO.

That stood out to me as well. I think he does know what happened but maybe not all the details of the staging. He may have been put to bed while JR and PR staged the death. If JB's death occurred between 10 p.m. and midnight...based on rigormortis and pineapple in intestine...then it would contradict when everyone supposedly went to bed. I don't believe any of them even went to bed shortly after they got home. Patsy stated in an interview that she had to finish packing for the next morning so we know she didn't go right to bed. John didn't either because he stated in his interview that he and Burke stayed up to work on a Christmas present project. We know that sometime JB had pineapple so she was up too. Something happened while they were all up...or at least awake...to eventually cause JB's death. Did an out of control argument between PR and JB occur and BR heard it and was told to go back to bed? Or were Burke and JB doing something together that escalated? The flashlight was kept in a drawer near the kitchen but was found on the counter by LE. I don't think the flashlight was used as an intended murder weapon but rather used as light initially... then ultimately used on JB in possibly a panic. I believe there are two possible suspects involved with JB being rendered unconscious, PR or BR. I think JR is an accessory by aiding in the staging. MOO>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back