GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #25

http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlnieu...n-der-sloot-stuurt-brief-nietigverklaring.xml

partial translation

VAN DER SLOOT VOID JUDGEMENT CALLS

Joran wants the ruling of the judge who sentenced him to 28 years in prison, is annulled. He has the Peruvian Supreme Court sent a letter in which he substantiates this request.

Quote:
Van der Sloot gave immediately after the verdict that he was the punishment of 28 years is excessive. Furthermore, his first confession "never estimated value," says his lawyer Jose Jimenez Navarro.

Quote:
If the Supreme Court approves the invalidation, the verdict of 28 years off the table cell. What happens next is unclear. The court, the application of Van der Sloot study. It may take several months.

So he wants the entire sentence thrown out now? :waitasec:

Awww, he thinks 28 years for murdering a young woman is too excessive. :waitasec:

I guess ending someone's life because you're mad at them, is ok though? :pullhair:

Just trying to get this straight. :rolleyes:

fran

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/24/joran-van-der-sloot-appeal_n_1229012.html

Jimenez's statement about van der Sloot's arrest is in direct contrast to how Chilean police had described taking him into custody on June 3, 2010. Officials then said Van der Sloot was traveling near the Chilean-Peru border when he was apprehended and taken to a police station in Santiago.
No mention was made of surrender.

After his arrest in Chili, van der Sloot had allegedly insisted he did not kill Flores, Chilean police said.
Van der Sloot's attorney now claims his client cooperated by giving police a confession.
"[He] gave details of how he had committed the crime," Jimenez told El Comercio.

The validity of Jimenez's claim is somewhat questionable.

After van der Sloot was arrested and transported back to Peru, authorities did announce that the Dutchman had confessed to the killing. "I did not want to do it," van der Sloot allegedly said about the attack.
However, in the weeks following the alleged confession, van der Sloot filed a complaint against investigators in Peru, claiming he was arrested without a warrant and was not provided with an official translator, which he said caused confusion during questioning.
"All this with the intention of pressuring me to accuse [myself] of homicide," the Dutch native said in the complaint.
Van der Sloot also told a journalist from Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that police "tricked" him into admitting his guilt.

Yeah... I guess he forgot all that hooey about the police (or thugs dressed as police) that supposedly robbed him and Stephany and then were in his hotel room with knives and guns when he and Stephany entered the room. <eyeroll>

Sounds to me like Jimenez hasn't done his homework and is taking JVS at his word. (Ha!) Either that, or he just doesn't care and is trying to keep the tab running so he can collect some of that $69,000 that's left from Mary's money.

Such a joke.

I have an opinion...that may not be a popular one...but here goes...
The odds of JVDS ...surviving...in Peru's toughtest prison..for 28 years...is very small..

i will never understand why j thought he could get away with the "thugs/police did it" story... after he noticed the camera right there outside his room and all... pointed right at the door where said thugs/police would've had to enter room 309. mind boggling!

Yeah... I guess he forgot all that hooey about the police (or thugs dressed as police) that supposedly robbed him and Stephany and then were in his hotel room with knives and guns when he and Stephany entered the room. <eyeroll>

Sounds to me like Jimenez hasn't done his homework and is taking JVS at his word. (Ha!) Either that, or he just doesn't care and is trying to keep the tab running so he can collect some of that $69,000 that's left from Mary's money.

Such a joke.

Well at $1500 a month, I don't expect Jimenez to be working very hard on this case and doing his research but I do think he wants to continue to make this money so he just keeps making Joran believe he's got some hope here. I'm sure he's doing whatever Joran tells him to do because that's the only way to deal with Joran or you're out. Something tells me Jimenez is well aware of this. How did Altez end up off the case?

Sometimes I have to wonder if Jimenez is really just conning money out of Joran (well really MH) by letting him call the shots and not really helping him with his case by giving him solid advice and telling him why certain things aren't going to fly. Not bothering to point out to him the obvious contradictions that are so blatant they're almost comical. And when I think this, I really hope this is true...the ultimate irony. :floorlaugh:

MOO

i will never understand why j thought he could get away with the "thugs/police did it" story... after he noticed the camera right there outside his room and all... pointed right at the door where said thugs/police would've had to enter room 309. mind boggling!

I think he was gambling on the fact that a flea bag hotel like the one he was staying in might not have actually gone to the expense to install working surveillence and maybe they were just decoy cameras. Or that the system wasn't working and it would be unlikely that they'd fix it. I guess it was worth a shot. :waitasec:

Apparently he didn't do his homework to know that the surveillence cameras are mucho importante in Lima. :floorlaugh:

MOO

Sometimes I have to wonder if Jimenez is really just conning money out of Joran (well really MH) by letting him call the shots and not really helping him with his case by giving him solid advice and telling him why certain things aren't going to fly. Not bothering to point out to him the obvious contradictions that are so blatant they're almost comical. And when I think this, I really hope this is true...the ultimate irony. :floorlaugh:

oy-- i hope not. wouldn't that be enough to possibly get the conviction over-turned/thrown out... and j possibly released?

The odds of JVDS ...surviving...in Peru's toughtest prison..for 28 years...is very small..

bolded by me.

It would seem that way, but he's like a rat or a cockroach...he will probably find a way to survive. I hope not, but he probably will.

And p.s., your opinion is very popular with me!

It's not unpopular with me. And I'd be good with that.

Well, why not give it a shot? It no more outlandish that the many other lies he's told over the years - most for money. He left an alive Natalee alone on the beach. She had a seizure. She fell and hit her head on a rock. Natalee overdosed on cocaine and fell off a balcony. He sold Natalee into slavery. She was buried under the foundation of a house under construction. He gets more creative with every lie. None are very believable, however.

Well at $1500 a month, I don't expect Jimenez to be working very hard on this case and doing his research but I do think he wants to continue to make this money so he just keeps making Joran believe he's got some hope here. I'm sure he's doing whatever Joran tells him to do because that's the only way to deal with Joran or you're out. Something tells me Jimenez is well aware of this. How did Altez end up off the case?

MOO

I think both of your theories are probably true. Athough I think the second is probably more likely.

Didn't Altez quit because of getting death threats? I remember his office was vandalized and his wife had to move to their other home in Miami because of the outrage against him for defending JVS.

JVDS just told MH that his first attorney Altez stole 80K of their money, but it looke like Altez quit over money and disagreeing on his defense. 80K is a lot of money to go through, where did it all go?

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localn...ot-lawyer-resigns/lV2Nq5q6kE6uXiRrVtj5Vg.cspx

Max Altez, van der Sloot's Peruvian lawyer for the past year, has quit the case citing differences in defense strategy. Radio Netherlands Worldwide indicates there was also an issue of Altez not being paid.

http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/2528473/advocaat-joran-van-sloot-weg.html

Van der Sloot and his lawyer had, according to Van den Heuvel in recent months arguing about the payments and perform defense, which Altez controls on the confession of murder. We incur lower penalty than murder.

JVDS just told MH that his first attorney Altez stole 80K of their money, but it looke like Altez quit over money and disagreeing on his defense. 80K is a lot of money to go through, where did it all go?

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localn...ot-lawyer-resigns/lV2Nq5q6kE6uXiRrVtj5Vg.cspx

http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/2528473/advocaat-joran-van-sloot-weg.html

Well there you go. Joran didn't like what Altez was telling him to do and Altez wouldn't do what Joran wanted him to do so he was out. And it's likely that Joran was pleading poverty and not paying Altez regularily at the time. His funds were probably being funnelled through his mother then which is why MH sent her that $20,000.

I guess he had to wise up after Altez split and he ended up with Jimenez who also was in arrears for a few months of pay I believe until MH coughed up some more money. It appears as though at some point Jimenez insisted the money come through him so he'd be sure to take his share out of the pot.

MOO

i do not want, wish, hope he's killed/commits suicide while incarcerated. i want him to spend every last minute of those 26 years in that peruvian prison... perks or not. if he dies, he's not paying the appropriate and necessary penalty imo.

i do wish that the walls, floor, ceiling of his cell were mandated to be plastered with pics of both natalee and stephany however !!!

You must be a kinder, gentler soul than I am, redheaded gal. I hope he gets as good as he gave, say about 2 days before he's to be released.:devil:

Awww, he thinks 28 years for murdering a young woman is too excessive. :waitasec:

I guess ending someone's life because you're mad at them, is ok though? :pullhair:

Just trying to get this straight. :rolleyes:

fran

Could it be normal for someone to object to his sentence in Peru? It sounds like it might be, given that there are three possible results. It seems to me that if it was unheard of, there wouldn't be a standard procedure of three possible results.

Could it be normal for someone to object to his sentence in Peru? It sounds like it might be, given that there are three possible results. It seems to me that if it was unheard of, there wouldn't be a standard procedure of three possible results.

I'm sorry, Otto... maybe it's just me, but I'm not understanding your post. Three possible results of what? :waitasec:

i do not want, wish, hope he's killed/commits suicide while incarcerated. i want him to spend every last minute of those 26 years in that peruvian prison... perks or not. if he dies, he's not paying the appropriate and necessary penalty imo.

i do wish that the walls, floor, ceiling of his cell were mandated to be plastered with pics of both natalee and stephany however !!!

You must be a kinder, gentler soul than I am, redheaded gal. I hope he gets as good as he gave, say about 2 days before he's to be released.:devil:

Ya know... I'm good either way.

I remember the confession he gave to Van der Eem during the sting operation (the one that everyone seems to think is the closest to the truth that he's ever told) where he said he never lost a minute of sleep over Natalee's death. I feel the same way about him.

Nor would it hurt my feelings if he spent the next 26 years in prison. Hopefully without all the creature comforts he was becoming accustom to in Castro Castro. I'd prefer it if he has to fear for his life every single day. Unfortunately, I think he'll adapt quite well to his surroundings.

From Annalia's post on the last page:

"partial translation

VAN DER SLOOT VOID JUDGEMENT CALLS

"Joran wants the ruling of the judge who sentenced him to 28 years in prison, is annulled. He has the Peruvian Supreme Court sent a letter in which he substantiates this request.

Van der Sloot gave immediately after the verdict that he was the punishment of 28 years is excessive. Furthermore, his first confession "never estimated value," says his lawyer Jose Jimenez Navarro.

If the Supreme Court approves the invalidation, the verdict of 28 years off the table cell. What happens next is unclear. The court, the application of Van der Sloot study. It may take several months."

From the link:

"Drie opties

Als het hooggerechtshof de nietigverklaring goedkeurt, wordt de uitspraak van 28 jaar cel van tafel geveegd. Andere opties zijn dat het verzoek wordt verworpen of dat het hof het vonnis aanpast, bijvoorbeeld door de straf te verlagen. Van der Sloot hoopt op dat laatste. Het hof gaat het verzoek van Van der Sloot bestuderen. Dat kan enkele maanden duren."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back