Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #4 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came to see if any new news..and Jerice --your days are numbered!!!! I am so glad they are making progress!!!

I stand in awe of GPD for their dedication to this child. Finding Jhessye in that landfull is a major undertaking, and it seems that they are planning carefully and doing it the right way.

It will still be a miracle if they find her.

Has anyone heard where jerice supposedly moved to? I'm not planning on going visiting, but I sure would like to know if LE and the media are keeping an eye on her.

Sweet beautiful Jhessye....I believe that you are playing with all your little friends up above. You are done with the suffering that evil person caused you. I hope that you have left some proof down here on earth so the evil person(s) will be punished.

Has anyone heard where jerice supposedly moved to? I'm not planning on going visiting, but I sure would like to know if LE and the media are keeping an eye on her.

I thought I read that she was living with her Dad????

She has no job that I know of, and no money coming in from her children like she had before, so she can't be living on her own unless someone else is footing the bill.

I can't imagine that she'd be much fun to live with......

I thought I read that she was living with her Dad????

She has no job that I know of, and no money coming in from her children like she had before, so she can't be living on her own unless someone else is footing the bill.

I can't imagine that she'd be much fun to live with......

ITA. I think living with her would be pure horror.

Btw, does anyone know if jerice's dad lives in Tempe? I would love to know how jerice decided to transport Jhessye's body to Tempe.

Maasen said the first device was found a few weeks ago when a man was checking under the hood of her car and noticed a box.

The man didn't recognize the box and thought it was strange.

He then found another on his wife's car and decided to take pictures.

Then, according to Maasen, he drove to the dealership to get more information on the device but was stopped as he went in by several undercover officers who were following him.

The officers demanded that he give back the devices.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...dale-police-track-jerice-hunter#ixzz1kUf0rJMt

http://phoenix-on.us/2012/01/10/police-will-search-landfill-for-missing-glendale-girl/

The decision Tuesday came after weeks of studying whether such a
search would be feasible.

“Investigators and support personnel from the Glendale Police
Department have been working diligently to determine the viability
and potential success of a landfill search operation,” officials
stated in a release. “This evaluation involved meetings with
experts, conducting research and analyzing the landfill site south
of the Phoenix area, in Mobile.”

Police said the search could exceed several weeks.

Glendale Police accused of tracking mother of missing girl
Maasen believes the devices are GPS Trackers placed on the cars so that police know where Hunter traveled. He also believes she was being traced and followed by undercover officers 24/7.

"We need police to play by the rules," said Maasen.

Just this week the US Supreme Court ruled that it is a violation of privacy for police to secretly place a tracking device on someone's automobile.

Maasen said if this case would ever go to court it will be an issue for the judge to decide.

GPD was playing by the rules. At the time the devices were placed on the cars, it was legal to do so.

So what difference does it make if the case goes to trial and the tracking information is used as evidence? It was legally obtained, correct?

Maasen said the first device was found a few weeks ago when a man was checking under the hood of her car and noticed a box.

The man didn't recognize the box and thought it was strange.

He then found another on his wife's car and decided to take pictures.

Then, according to Maasen, he drove to the dealership to get more information on the device but was stopped as he went in by several undercover officers who were following him.

The officers demanded that he give back the devices.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...dale-police-track-jerice-hunter#ixzz1kUf0rJMt

BBM. This is hard for me to swallow. In order to gain access to under the hood, wouldn't LE had to have gotten into the car to pop the hood? Nowadays, don't all cars have a latch for the hood that is located inside, near the driver's area? Wouldn't it have been easier for LE to attach something to the underside of the car?
Imo, Maasen's watched one too many "Mannix" rerun.

BBM. This is hard for me to swallow. In order to gain access to under the hood, wouldn't LE had to have gotten into the car to pop the hood? Nowadays, don't all cars have a latch for the hood that is located inside, near the driver's area? Wouldn't it have been easier for LE to attach something to the underside of the car?
Imo, Maasen's watched one too many "Mannix" rerun.

I guess opening the door and popping the latch is just part of the process of installation. If it were locked, they could use a slim jim or whatever those metal things are called.

In the link below is a diagram that shows common places the devices are put.

http://snallabolaget.com/?page_id=1204

AFAIK.....police don't carry slim jims anymore due to liability concerns. And they certainly wouldn't break into a car that way to install a tracking device. It isn't necessary, and it wouldn't be legal to use one on a car without the owner's permission.

I believe Mr. Maasen is possibly twisting the truth a little.

I guess opening the door and popping the latch is just part of the process of installation. If it were locked, they could use a slim jim or whatever those metal things are called.

In the link below is a diagram that shows common places the devices are put.

http://snallabolaget.com/?page_id=1204

Thanks for the link, I didn't know that much about tracking devices. However, I noticed that the article said, "One thing to remember is that a GPS tracking device needs to “see” the sky in some way. While GPS signals will penetrate thin (-ish) plastic or similar materials, they will have a tough time with metal. That’s why the device will have to be placed in a location that will both protect it and still provide a semi-clear path to the satellites above."

Doesn't that mean that it wouldn't work under the hood under the circumstances alleged by Mr. Maasen?

I know nothing about GPS tracking devices Marigold, maybe someone else can answer our questions.

In the big scheme of things, I guess it doesn't matter. Maasen has nothing to work with and I think the fact that GPD blew him off aggravates him to no end. He's just trying to get some media play time.

I know nothing about GPS tracking devices Marigold, maybe someone else can answer our questions.

In the big scheme of things, I guess it doesn't matter. Maasen has nothing to work with and I think the fact that GPD blew him off aggravates him to no end. He's just trying to get some media play time.

BBM. I think you are totally right. I think he sees this case as his "ticket to stardom" and so he's going to milk it for all it's worth.

Landfill search for Jhessye Shockley's body to begin Feb. 6

Coombs said analysis and research have led investigators to narrow down the search area to a specific area that's about 1800 feet by 200 feet. This area is more than 20 feet deep and contains about 6,000 tons of trash. According to Coombs, that's the equivalent of one days' waste.

If investigators are correct in their time line, it's possible that Jhessye has been in the landfill, which is about an house southwest of Phoenix, for more than four months.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Landfill-search-for-Jhessye-Shockley-to-begin-Feb-6-138133133.html

Please Lord, guide these searchers. Help them find Jhessye and bring her home.

thanks for that link Knox... what a huge undertaking! I hope they are able to recover Jhessey...

GPD was playing by the rules. At the time the devices were placed on the cars, it was legal to do so.

So what difference does it make if the case goes to trial and the tracking information is used as evidence? It was legally obtained, correct?

No, it was illegal even before the Supreme Court ruling--it's just that no one KNEW for sure it was illegal until the Supreme Court said so. :) (Although certainly plenty of attorneys SUSPECTED it was illegal.)

Whether the evidence (if any) obtained from the tracking devices is suppressed depends on whether LE was acting under a good-faith, reasonable belief at the time that such tracking was legal. IMO there is so much evidence that has been obtained nationwide through these devices, and the use of the devices was so widespread, that the courts will find that LE agencies were acting in good faith up until the day of the ruling.

AFAIK.....police don't carry slim jims anymore due to liability concerns. And they certainly wouldn't break into a car that way to install a tracking device. It isn't necessary, and it wouldn't be legal to use one on a car without the owner's permission.

I believe Mr. Maasen is possibly twisting the truth a little.

This was on the news the other day, all the way to the Supreme court. First, in the story I am speaking of, they put the device near the rear of the car by the bumper. I have never heard of them putting it under the hood of the car. That's breaking and entering, of a car, if that exists. (not sure if it's a law, seems like it would require a warrant.) second, supreme court ruled that tracking someone with a device like this now requires a warrant. I always had an issue with this tracking story, they aren't easy to find. The case I am speaking of, the man that found the device only found it due to him getting his oil changed, and it was hidden! the entire story here is strange, more spin IMO.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...gps-tracking/2012/01/23/gIQAx7qGLQ_story.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IEryUQW94s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member