Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just sitting here idly scheming - no wait - mulling over the question of rumours vs MSN links and thinking....

I'm sure it would be just wrong if we said on the thread....you know I was thinking about OCA not showing her face and wondering where on earth she could be hiding and considering all the possibilities. Wouldn't it be insane to find out she is staying with a preacher and his family in a compound somewhere in Florida? Cause that's a place we would never look for her in a million years.

There are a few of them in Florida, that have a church and some out buildings and some even have private schools on them. Gosh, she could attend church, have a dog, her own little house...and hide there and who would know? Like the one in Port Lucie.....Gee, I wonder if she could be in a place like that? What do the rest of you think? :innocent:

Er...just kidding Beach - :innocent: - I'm sure you'd figure it out pretty quickly.....

I've said too much!! Heading to my own hidey hole....:truce:

I agree 2Goldfish - and I found that trial as frustrating as anyone. The question is - if HHJP hadn't schooled Baez, we would have seen HHJP shut the trial down and start all over again. With that jury are we seriously thinking we'd have had a different result?

Based on what appeared to the jury requirements - being a literal "no brainer" - I don't think so. And we do know the legal system in Orlando could not afford to try OCA twice.

A rock and a hard place....

I think what HHJP was worried about was Casey crying "ineffective assistance of counsel" WHEN she was convicted. IMO acquittal never crossed his mind. He was trying to make sure the conviction would "stick" through the appeal and post-conviction proceedings. So he (completely properly) prevented JB's "ineffective assistance" from harming Casey's case.

I think what HHJP was worried about was Casey crying "ineffective assistance of counsel" WHEN she was convicted. IMO acquittal never crossed his mind. He was trying to make sure the conviction would "stick" through the appeal and post-conviction proceedings. So he (completely properly) prevented JB's "ineffective assistance" from harming Casey's case.

Thanks AZLawyer - you are correct of course. I have no issue with HHJP - I think he did his best with the mess on his hands and I believe he is a brilliant man.

Does anyone know if Florida requires a permit to remodel a bathroom?

Someone from another site reported the specifics about the bathroom remodel of the A's home, including the permit fee and permit number (B11008342 Status: A). Anyone know how to verify this?

If this is true, I think they are dipping into foundation money. They went from foreclosure to remodel...seems strange if true. It also seemed strange when they quit paying their mortgage but never missed a commissary deposit for FCA while she was in jail.

IMO

Oh I'm sure that new bathroom is for the the foundation. Can't have a foundation with bad bathroom, you know? It's all to help the foundation! *big eyeroll*

Oh I'm sure that new bathroom is for the the foundation. Can't have a foundation with bad bathroom, you know? It's all to help the foundation! *big eyeroll*

I hope the IRS investigates them because I firmly believe the foundations they created were set up to scam the public, skirt paying taxes, and protect their money in case a law suit comes their way. There is no way they can justify a new bathroom from fund money.

IMO

Slightly on topic - I was just at Dr. Phil's web page and they are looking for the following
people to be on their show:
1. Grandparent: Fighting For Custody of Grandchild?
2. Grandparent Meddling With Your Children?
3. Grandparent: Being Kept From Grandchildren?

And all I could think was OMG I hope he doesn't bring CA and GA back on their show (as paid guests) to promote their "Caylee's Fund Foundation" :furious:... Could be another cause for boycotting Dr. Phil.

Slightly on topic - I was just at Dr. Phil's web page and they are looking for the following
people to be on their show:
1. Grandparent: Fighting For Custody of Grandchild?
2. Grandparent Meddling With Your Children?
3. Grandparent: Being Kept From Grandchildren?

And all I could think was OMG I hope he doesn't bring CA and GA back on their show (as paid guests) to promote their "Caylee's Fund Foundation" :furious:... Could be another cause for boycotting Dr. Phil.

Naaahhhh - Dr. Phil already covered the topics of:

1. Grandparent supports daughter who killed their grandchild.
2. Grandparent who lies to get daughter off of death row.
3. Grandparent who lets daughter accuse him of molestation to get her off of death row.

I just read an article on yahoo about a death row inmate in North Carolina who wrote a letter to the Gaston Gazette. He writes ""Is the public aware that I am a gentleman of leisure, watching color TV in the A.C., reading, taking naps at will, eating three well balanced hot meals a day," Hembree asked in the letter. "I'm housed in a building that connects to the new 55 million dollar hospital with round the clock free medical care 24/7."

"I laugh at you self righteous clowns and I spit in the face of your so called justice system. The state of North Carolina has sentenced me to death but it's not real,"

You know, had KC been found guilty and sentenced to death (or life) I expect she would have been just like this guy. She would have bragged about her male admirers, the snacks she's able to buy, the wonderful books she gets to read, all the sleep and rest that only makes her more beautiful etc. She never ever would have admitted defeat in any shape or form. Her life now though? Pathetic and scary! Things happen for a reason, huh?

Justice is not denied, just delayed, sweet little Caylee.

I think that you have to really want to quit for it to happen. My Dad never did, even when he knew it was going to be the end for him. He told me that he enjoyed smoking and that he wasn't going to quit. And I could understand his feelings because I was smoking along with him. But watching him die changed things for me. All I know is that I wish he did quit so that the family would have had him around longer.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have never had anyone close to me die from smoking and it seems that my most of my family has smoked for as long as I can remember. Except my grandmother who never smoked and drank her entire life (not even a sip of alcohol on her wedding) and she died 4 years ago from lung cancer.

All of the smokers and drinkers in my family seem to live long lives and die of natural causes? I am lucky, I know. I know smoking is bad for me. I really do. I, like your father, really enjoy a cigarette. I believe that you really need to want to quit smoking before you can quit. My mom finally did quit over 10 years ago. She says she still craves it to this day.

The only good thing I can say about my habit is that I am not a pack-a-day smoker. 10 cigarettes, although still a lot, is my habit. Except during the Casey Anthony trial, which I am sure I smoked at least a pack a day. :innocent:

I do think I will quit eventually? Just not yet? I know myself well enough to know I won't quit right now and I have a May deadline coming up which I need to keep my nerves about me for. :innocent:

I changed my avatar just for you lovely friends here. :floorlaugh:

Some posters know I am in the "process of quitting" which sounds self defeating right there. :banghead:

From ten to twelve per day down to four and holding....I have yet to find a way to manage my adrenalin shots - I'm an "up" and "on" junkie and smoking is part of it. So is my beloved caffeine ...and DON'T even think about starting with me about giving it up. What get's me out of bed in the morning is that I am soooo looking forward to that delish first cup/mug of freshly brewed.

I was laughing with a younger friend of mine who is "into health". She is part of a group doing a study on "older women" so she sent me a bunch of advice on what she's learned about protecting myself from disease, the flu, etc.

She was shocked when I told her I don't get colds or the flu, never had an issue with those "female" issues we see advertised on TV - not once in my life, never had "a disease" of any kind, etc., and my good health is a blessing. She said "I don't get it - what's your secret?" I told her she maybe doesn't drink enough coffee?:floorlaugh:

But back to smoking - not happy about quitting but it's time...since I don't get the exercise I used to. But ...hope I'm not singing "somewhere over the rainbow" a couple of months from now.

I hope the IRS investigates them because I firmly believe the foundations they created were set up to scam the public, skirt paying taxes, and protect their money in case a law suit comes their way. There is no way they can justify a new bathroom from fund money.

IMO
Do you know they had a Caylee Trust in place shortly after she was finally reported missing?

Does anyone know if Florida requires a permit to remodel a bathroom?

Someone from another site reported the specifics about the bathroom remodel of the A's home, including the permit fee and permit number (B11008342 Status: A). Anyone know how to verify this?

If this is true, I think they are dipping into foundation money. They went from foreclosure to remodel...seems strange if true. It also seemed strange when they quit paying their mortgage but never missed a commissary deposit for FCA while she was in jail.

IMO

Yes, a permit would be required. We removed a closet and widened a door to allow a wheel chair in ours recently and a permit was needed. Earlier last year we removed our old tub put in a new walk in bathtub and a permit was needed for that too. I think you would check the Orange County records... we didn't pull our own permit because we hired someone else to do the job and they did that for us but building permits are by the county so it should be in the Orange County records. How can we know if they are dipping into the foundation though (I mean besides just KNOWING. lol).

I wonder if this remodel is for the same bathroom that needed a plumber in early July 2008. They didn't remove the swimming pool but they are replacing a bathroom. Just makes me go hmmm.

Anyone know how to look up the accounts for the 'Foundation' for last year?
I'd like to see where all that money from Dr Phil went to...

OK, well now you all see why I hardly ever post...didn't mean to start a big to-do over a mistake. I should also know better than to post this time of year, when I'm working 70+ hour weeks (including weekends) and my brain is 99% into numbers, not words. Evidently I cannot think critically while I'm crunching numbers, lol. :juggle:

So, a big collective "GOOD LUCK" to all of us trying to quit smoking, hugs to those that have lost loved ones, and apologies to anyone I offended with my opinion of HHJP (who I also happen to adore & agree he's a genius).

And with that all said, I'm back to lurking & thanking posts for now. :lipssealed:

Some posters know I am in the "process of quitting" which sounds self defeating right there. :banghead:

From ten to twelve per day down to four and holding....I have yet to find a way to manage my adrenalin shots - I'm an "up" and "on" junkie and smoking is part of it. So is my beloved caffeine ...and DON'T even think about starting with me about giving it up. What get's me out of bed in the morning is that I am soooo looking forward to that delish first cup/mug of freshly brewed.

I was laughing with a younger friend of mine who is "into health". She is part of a group doing a study on "older women" so she sent me a bunch of advice on what she's learned about protecting myself from disease, the flu, etc.

She was shocked when I told her I don't get colds or the flu, never had an issue with those "female" issues we see advertised on TV - not once in my life, never had "a disease" of any kind, etc., and my good health is a blessing. She said "I don't get it - what's your secret?" I told her she maybe doesn't drink enough coffee?:floorlaugh:

But back to smoking - not happy about quitting but it's time...since I don't get the exercise I used to. But ...hope I'm not singing "somewhere over the rainbow" a couple of months from now.

Good luck LG. I love coffee too. I thought that lately they found it did more good for us than bad, but what do I know.

My Son is trying to quit smoking and I bought him these. http://www.greensmoke.com/ It's hopefully a tool to completely segway from cigarettes to electronic cigarettes to no cigarettes. Check it out. My Son loves them and has almost made the transition to these from real cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine