Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know this! The Anthony's are remodelling their bathroom on Hope Spring Drive - I mean how bored are we talking about this???:banghead:

Um. Maybe that news went on when I was on "vacation" recently?

OK, well now you all see why I hardly ever post...didn't mean to start a big to-do over a mistake. I should also know better than to post this time of year, when I'm working 70+ hour weeks (including weekends) and my brain is 99% into numbers, not words. Evidently I cannot think critically while I'm crunching numbers, lol. :juggle:

So, a big collective "GOOD LUCK" to all of us trying to quit smoking, hugs to those that have lost loved ones, and apologies to anyone I offended with my opinion of HHJP (who I also happen to adore & agree he's a genius).

And with that all said, I'm back to lurking & thanking posts for now. :lipssealed:

I have no idea what's going on but I said I was going to lurk and here I am talking to you. So don't be shy. The problem is probably just that you can't hear. Or can't sit. WHich ever is you in your avatar.

Good luck LG. I love coffee too. I thought that lately they found it did more good for us than bad, but what do I know.

My Son is trying to quit smoking and I bought him these. http://www.greensmoke.com/ It's hopefully a tool to completely segway from cigarettes to electronic cigarettes to no cigarettes. Check it out. My Son loves them and has almost made the transition to these from real cigarettes.

Thanks will have a look...:rocker:

I have no idea what's going on but I said I was going to lurk and here I am talking to you. So don't be shy. The problem is probably just that you can't hear. Or can't sit. WHich ever is you in your avatar.

Oh quit lurking what's the fun of doing that? And what does it matter if no one agrees with what a poster said as long as it isn't said vindictively or to :poke: !

I'd never say a word if it meant I had to agree with everyone! :floorlaugh:

Good luck LG. I love coffee too. I thought that lately they found it did more good for us than bad, but what do I know.

My Son is trying to quit smoking and I bought him these. http://www.greensmoke.com/ It's hopefully a tool to completely segway from cigarettes to electronic cigarettes to no cigarettes. Check it out. My Son loves them and has almost made the transition to these from real cigarettes.

I just started these. Not completely off reg. smokes, but they really do help.
And I can "smoke" in the house and not bother anyone.
Great suggestion. :)

Didn't some one in the past post that the Anthony's took $250,000 of Dr. Phils's money as some kind of payment or distribution for establishing/running Caylees Fund?

Anyone know how to look up the accounts for the 'Foundation' for last year?
I'd like to see where all that money from Dr Phil went to...

Some posters know I am in the "process of quitting" which sounds self defeating right there. :banghead:

From ten to twelve per day down to four and holding....I have yet to find a way to manage my adrenalin shots - I'm an "up" and "on" junkie and smoking is part of it. So is my beloved caffeine ...and DON'T even think about starting with me about giving it up. What get's me out of bed in the morning is that I am soooo looking forward to that delish first cup/mug of freshly brewed.

I was laughing with a younger friend of mine who is "into health". She is part of a group doing a study on "older women" so she sent me a bunch of advice on what she's learned about protecting myself from disease, the flu, etc.

She was shocked when I told her I don't get colds or the flu, never had an issue with those "female" issues we see advertised on TV - not once in my life, never had "a disease" of any kind, etc., and my good health is a blessing. She said "I don't get it - what's your secret?" I told her she maybe doesn't drink enough coffee?:floorlaugh:

But back to smoking - not happy about quitting but it's time...since I don't get the exercise I used to. But ...hope I'm not singing "somewhere over the rainbow" a couple of months from now.

I think they just published that coffee is actually good for you and has health benefits but I could be wrong.

I could never be a person that is healthy to the extreme, its just no fun! lol!

I do eat healthy though. I never had to worry about my weight but all nonsense changed in my mid thirties. It seemed all I had to do was look at food and I would gain five pounds. Metabolism changes with age and I am a full time student so I was spending a lot of time sitting on my arse reading and studying. I lost 24 lbs on WW last year and have kept it off even through the holidays. Its like it just retrains you and teaches you how to eat. I still have the bad things but very little and not often. Its all about portion control and mindful eating.

As far as the smoking....I don't think that saying "I"m in the process of quitting" is self defeating. You are in the contemplation stage, maybe even a little further along in your mental process of making a change. Its a good thing! Don't be so hard on yourself. Quitting is very difficult but you will do it when you are ready. Go at your own pace.

Cigarettes are $13.50 a pack now where I live so I am now going broke and killing myself at the same time. It's ridiculous and makes me feel like an idiot every single day.

I wonder if this remodel is for the same bathroom that needed a plumber in early July 2008. They didn't remove the swimming pool but they are replacing a bathroom. Just makes me go hmmm.

--------------
Noddy, OMG I am sitting here thinking the same thoughts!!!:seeya:

OK, well now you all see why I hardly ever post...didn't mean to start a big to-do over a mistake. I should also know better than to post this time of year, when I'm working 70+ hour weeks (including weekends) and my brain is 99% into numbers, not words. Evidently I cannot think critically while I'm crunching numbers, lol. :juggle:

So, a big collective "GOOD LUCK" to all of us trying to quit smoking, hugs to those that have lost loved ones, and apologies to anyone I offended with my opinion of HHJP (who I also happen to adore & agree he's a genius).

And with that all said, I'm back to lurking & thanking posts for now. :lipssealed:

I loved your post and I actually think it brought about positive conversation and validated some concerns that members were having regarding certain discussion. Beach addressed it and I think everyone feels a little better. That is how I see it anyway and I do hope that you come out and play! I enjoyed your posts and would hate to see you retreat into lurkdom.

I think they just published that coffee is actually good for you and has health benefits but I could be wrong.

I could never be a person that is healthy to the extreme, its just no fun! lol!

I do eat healthy though. I never had to worry about my weight but all nonsense changed in my mid thirties. It seemed all I had to do was look at food and I would gain five pounds. Metabolism changes with age and I am a full time student so I was spending a lot of time sitting on my arse reading and studying. I lost 24 lbs on WW last year and have kept it off even through the holidays. Its like it just retrains you and teaches you how to eat. I still have the bad things but very little and not often. Its all about portion control and mindful eating.

As far as the smoking....I don't think that saying "I"m in the process of quitting" is self defeating. You are in the contemplation stage, maybe even a little further along in your mental process of making a change. Its a good thing! Don't be so hard on yourself. Quitting is very difficult but you will do it when you are ready. Go at your own pace.

Cigarettes are $13.50 a pack now where I live so I am now going broke and killing myself at the same time. It's ridiculous and makes me feel like an idiot every single day.

Yes, but that's this month! I don't care what "they" say - I love the stuff if I can grind and brew it myself!

Thanks for the "cheer". I do "need" to quit now - as someone who is a "used to be" as far as a lot of exercise - I now find it affects my breathing. While I don't get the flu and colds, etc like other people do - I have pushed my body to the limit too hard and too long and have the arthritis to prove it. Don't breathe as hard, never come close to panting = my head says time to give it up.

BBM: Eek! 13.50? I'm having a fit they are edging up to 10.50 and $11.00 some places!

Didn't some one in the past post that the Anthony's took $250,000 of Dr. Phils's money as some kind of payment or distribution for establishing/running Caylees Fund?

Hmm - I heard it was 500K?

Hope this isn't too risque for the Sidebar.....

I ask you - is it the water? ............... :innocent: ......

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/2...ice-to-report-mom-having-sex/?test=latestnews

On another note - I have a match.com ad at the top of one of my main pages, with a bunch of faces and numbers and every time I accidentally move my mouse across it, my computer starts to freeze. Beware the ad spiders....

It was a separate foundation for grandparents rights and Caylee's Law. jmo

I'm so confused. Wasn't their foundation for grandparents rights already established when they appeared on Dr. Phil? Didn't he say he didn't pay for their interview but "donated" to their non-profit instead?

By the way, they have to show what they are doing with that money. Non-Profit audits have become much more strict than they were in the past because so many people were scamming and using their funds inappropriately. Cindy and George can legally draw a salary for themselves for running it BUT said salary must be relative to how much money their foundation receives or it will be considered fraudulent and they could get in serious trouble. Monies and funds received must be in proportion to services rendered specific to their cause. They can't just be paying themselves and flagrantly spending the money on whatever they please.

They will have to show and prove where all of that money is going and it must be relevant to what their foundation's mission statement is.

Thank you, Strawberry...you'd have to go all the way up to post 446 or 466 to see where it all started. I posted something non-MSM, then my feelings about HHJP and the jury & felt kinda ganged up on with the resulting responses. (Which I know is not true, but with my work schedule and recent news at full time job, I was being overly sensitive.) Anywho, for now I think it's best I keep quiet...

BTW, my avatar was a joke my dad sent to me shortly before his Alzheimer's set in fully - he refused to wear his hearing aids and always made us kids drive because he said his butt hurt from driving all day. So he'd say, "You drive, my butt hurts." and we'd say, "What?" just to get his goat. It was so funny when he found that cartoon & sent it to all of us. :crazy: (He was a salesman for a major drug company, as well as a registered pharmacist and later a counselor....still miss him and now think I'll go have a cry for him.)

I was never a serious smoker; I started in college when my sister would offer me one. Then my dad died and I really upped it (which is crazy since he died of cancer :dunno: ). I remember the evening I went back to Penn State after he died I bought a pack of Marlboro in the vending machine (do they still make those?) instead of lights, had one and got sick. I would smoke when drinking but never more than a pack a week. When my ex was my then-abusive husband I started smoking again. But I did kick the habit and I had to do it cold turkey. This was a decade ago so there wasn't much choice. For me though I just had 2 do it..and things like driving in a car or going out were the hardest because I associated it with smoking. There used to be a commercial about that actually...anyhow you guys can do it! Sometimes it's easier to just.stop. You may feel cranky for a few days but really it's not that bad and eventually those triggers fade away...

One thing i find very troubling is the fact that the pool remains :waitasec: Now we know there was no drowning in the pool but the fact that the pool became the Defense theory and the horrid accusations by FCA that George may have been doing something to Caylee and then drowned her!!!! How could you look at that pool let alone swim in it :dunno:

Thank you, Strawberry...you'd have to go all the way up to post 446 or 466 to see where it all started. I posted something non-MSM, then my feelings about HHJP and the jury & felt kinda ganged up on with the resulting responses. (Which I know is not true, but with my work schedule and recent news at full time job, I was being overly sensitive.) Anywho, for now I think it's best I keep quiet...

BTW, my avatar was a joke my dad sent to me shortly before his Alzheimer's set in fully - he refused to wear his hearing aids and always made us kids drive because he said his butt hurt from driving all day. So he'd say, "You drive, my butt hurts." and we'd say, "What?" just to get his goat. It was so funny when he found that cartoon & sent it to all of us. :crazy: (He was a salesman for a major drug company, as well as a registered pharmacist and later a counselor....still miss him and now think I'll go have a cry for him.)

Hey I feel ya..believe me! And I'm sorry about your dad. I think Alzheimer's/dementia is one of the most devastating things. My daughter's Nana (father's mom) has dementia and my daughter misses her old nana so much. She was always a fiesty strong Irishwoman and now she's a shell of herself. She's actually happier in a way because she was always fighting (granted she was fighting for her oldest son who was MR and she got a lot accomplished re: MR rights and benefits). She can be so funny though and she still lights up when she sees my daughter who was the apple of her eye..I dread the day that doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle