Rudoy says new evidence points to a suspect suggests they turn themselves in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Holmes

Reaction score
Do not be fooled by the title of this story.... the end of the story is the MOST IMPORTANT... read it! MR says there is NEW evidence that points to a suspect that was not available when the RZ suicide determination was made. He says they are meeting with LE in two weeks to give them the information. AND he suggest that the person responsible turn themselves in!!!

http://www.10news.com/news/30290960/detail.html

Why in two weeks? Why not now?

Why in two weeks? Why not now?

I had the same question.... I once was a witness to a crime and had information on a case and I had to wait a week before cops sat down with me to get my statement...

I wonder who they will sit down with ... NEW investigators?

Do not be fooled by the title of this story.... the end of the story is the MOST IMPORTANT... read it! MR says there is NEW evidence that points to a suspect that was not available when the RZ suicide determination was made. He says they are meeting with LE in two weeks to give them the information. AND he suggest that the person responsible turn themselves in!!!

http://www.10news.com/news/30290960/detail.html

I am still steadfast in my belief that the facts will come out eventually regardless of the threats and PR blitz from the alleged perps. I'm getting this creepy feeling though that something ugly is going to break first from within the perps camp. Maybe someone takes their own life (really) this time. To still be seeing the suicide camp and their vile spitting on sites when they already won the ruling of suicide is probably unprecedented. These terrible deaths are simply not going away ever until the truth is finally told.

I am still steadfast in my belief that the facts will come out eventually regardless of the threats and PR blitz from the alleged perps. I'm getting this creepy feeling though that something ugly is going to break first from within the perps camp. Maybe someone takes their own life (really) this time. To still be seeing the suicide camp and their vile spitting on sites when they already won the ruling of suicide is probably unprecedented. These terrible deaths are simply not going away ever until the truth is finally told.

"Time will tell your secrets..... even if you never speak, the lies make you weak." Lyrics from a song I wrote..... time will tell. It should be becoming quite a bit clearer to the Shacknai camp what really happened.

"If the information proves out… [it] would support charges against one or more individuals," said Rudoy.

So it is not 'proved out' yet? Sounds iffy, imo.

I have always thought that police are the ones supposed to investigate and look for new evidence, not sit there and demand "new evidence" be brought to them. And why wouldn't police supervise the family's team doing some measurements, considering police didn't do a re-enactment themselves at the place of this so-called suicide? Frankly, given attitude of the police, the only way somebody is going to be arrested would be if they actually do turn themselves in and confess.

"If the information proves out… [it] would support charges against one or more individuals," said Rudoy.

That's probably why the victim's legal team is going to present it in the next 2 weeks. They're probably in the process of validating it. The SD Sheriff's Dept. doesn't investigate leads on this case, the victim's family is having to do their job for them.

The article also points out another example of the SDSP & JS "moving the goalposts". Their original claim was that they would allow the attorneys access to the Spreckels mansion if SDSO officers were present. Now we're hearing a different story about why they won't:

The San Diego County Sheriff's Department has already said the evidence points to suicide. They say without new evidence, they will not go back inside.

BBM

So the family's legal team can only access the mansion if SDSO officers are present, yet SDSO says they won't go back into the mansion without new evidence. Typical.

JMO

That's probably why the victim's legal team is going to present it in the next 2 weeks. They're probably in the process of validating it. The SD Sheriff's Dept. doesn't investigate leads on this case, the victim's family is having to do their job for them.

The article also points out another example of the SDSP & JS "moving the goalposts". Their original claim was that they would allow the attorneys access to the Spreckels mansion if SDSO officers were present. Now we're hearing a different story about why they won't:

BBM

So the family's legal team can only access the mansion if SDSO officers are present, yet SDSO says they won't go back into the mansion without new evidence. Typical.

JMO

A catch 22. SDSO is protecting a possible suspect by not co-operating with the family's legal team and investigators. SDSO is on the WRONG side of the LAW. Absurd.

Sounds like wishful thinking and heading toward pathetic to me. They haven't been back in the mansion yet they now have a suspect and want that suspect to turn themselves in?

JMO

BBM

JMO

It sounds very typical considering the Sheriff's office doesn't own the mansion nor control access to it.

JMO

It sounds very typical considering the Sheriff's office doesn't own the mansion nor control access to it.

JMO

I agree, but JS did say they could go back to investigate when he owned still owned it in Dec. and LE said no thanks. Paraphrasing. I can find the article if you want, just being lazy on a sat morn.

JMO

I think the new meeting is with fresh investigators courtesy of the AG's office.

It is fascinating that no news organization that I know of has bothered to research the investment group that so quickly purchased the mansion and is "renovating" it. JS had the door with the message painted over immediately and cops didn't find that weird, or take the door as evidence, and now this.

In today's real estate climate, mansions like that are sitting on the market. So why and how was JS able to sell one, the site of a tragic death, so quickly, and who are the people behind that purchase? Even if an investment group, who are the members of the group and what is their relationship to JS?

It is fascinating that no news organization that I know of has bothered to research the investment group that so quickly purchased the mansion and is "renovating" it. JS had the door with the message painted over immediately and cops didn't find that weird, or take the door as evidence, and now this.

In today's real estate climate, mansions like that are sitting on the market. So why and how was JS able to sell one, the site of a tragic death, so quickly, and who are the people behind that purchase? Even if an investment group, who are the members of the group and what is their relationship to JS?

I think that is an astute observation. Looking through articles, I can't easily find who even bought the mansion:

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/...een-sold-zahau-shacknai-suicide-investigation

The investment group behind the purchase, said real estate agent Scott Aurich, does not plan to hold on to the mansion, but will list it for sale for $14.5 million by Wednesday or Thursday.
Aurich would not disclose how much the investors paid Shacknai for the residence, but he said the deal has been in the works for about two weeks.

So, the house, despite occupying a prime oceanfront spot in a tony community and boasting a storied history, has been placed in the somewhat undignified position of being treated like a property on “Flip This House.”

But, I can't really buy that they are going to sell it, especially so fast - flip it, for the purpose of making a bunch of money. I guess, of course, Shacknai could have sold it way under market even given a murder occurred there?

I could be doing something wrong, but I can't find where Shacknai even sold the house per county records.

Greetings, Friends :) Life's been busy but I had to pop in and check on this case...happy to see there is still movement, albeit slow. Rebecca and Max have never been far from my mind....I'll be back. Peace, all.

I think that is an astute observation. Looking through articles, I can't easily find who even bought the mansion:

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/...een-sold-zahau-shacknai-suicide-investigation

But, I can't really buy that they are going to sell it, especially so fast - flip it, for the purpose of making a bunch of money. I guess, of course, Shacknai could have sold it way under market even given a murder occurred there?

I could be doing something wrong, but I can't find where Shacknai even sold the house per county records.

It was sold to a corporation that he has close ties to, but I don't think we've seen the records yet.

It was sold to a corporation that he has close ties to, but I don't think we've seen the records yet.

Last time I checked in the county records, nothing had been sold by JS - so no transfer of deed or anything. That seems a little odd given the dancing around they've had to do to try and get access to the mansion for investigating, especially if JS is still the legal owner.

I, too, check in occasionally and continue to think about this case. I remain hopeful that, in time, the truth will come out and a suspect arrested and convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401