Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard mention of "the jury room" on this thread,,,. but have no idea what that is. Is that like a "sidebar" for this sidebar????????

Beach (or another mod) - I'm glued to this thread for Caylee - and don't know the rest of the site. What is the "jury room"?....... and what are some other sites on this that I haven't seen before (as I've only done the Caylee threads)

Thanks!
ATL, go the WS main page with all the forums on it then scroll almost down to the bottom. You will see it there - lots of fun and lots of support threads for all manner of things:seeya:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25"]Here is the link to the Jury Room.[/ame]

I would open it for you but thought you guys might want to think of a good title yourselves. There are several other "stop smoking" support threads in there already, but if y'all would like to open a more personal one specific "in honor of Caylee" (or something to differentiate it from the others) that will be fine.

So brainstorm to come up with a good title and when it is opened, just link it here several times a day so your friends can easily find it! Good luck! So proud of you guys! :highfive:

ATL, go the WS main page with all the forums on it then scroll almost down to the bottom. You will see it there - lots of fun and lots of support threads for all manner of things:seeya:

Hi :)

What do you mean by this in your siggy line?

fall seven times ... get up eight

:)

Every time I get a little discouraged, I think of a case here in the Chicago area that, very nearly went unsolved. For those of you that are (or were) from the area - it was called the Brown's Fried Chicken case - 1993. Seven people murdered -executed - in commercial freezer. No suspects, no leads, nothing.

And then one day - nearly 10 years later...somebody talked... and the then girlfriend of that person decided to call the police.

It took a long time - but it came around.[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown%27s_Chicken_massacre"]Brown's Chicken massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

It'll turn. It will turn.

Here is the link to the Jury Room thread -

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161024"]Kicking the habit in honor of Caylee[/ame]

Here is the link to the Jury Room.

I would open it for you but thought you guys might want to think of a good title yourselves. There are several other "stop smoking" support threads in there already, but if y'all would like to open a more personal one specific "in honor of Caylee" (or something to differentiate it from the others) that will be fine.

So brainstorm to come up with a good title and when it is opened, just link it here several times a day so your friends can easily find it! Good luck! So proud of you guys! :highfive:

I did a search for smoking threads in the "jury room" and the ones that are there didn't strike me as too appealing. Plus they are two years old or older. So I believe a new thread with a new title is the way to go. Any ideas for a title?

Every time I get a little discouraged, I think of a case here in the Chicago area that, very nearly went unsolved. For those of you that are (or were) from the area - it was called the Brown's Fried Chicken case - 1993. Seven people murdered -executed - in commercial freezer. No suspects, no leads, nothing.

And then one day - nearly 10 years later...somebody talked... and the then girlfriend of that person decided to call the police.

It took a long time - but it came around.Brown's Chicken massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It'll turn. It will turn.

Wow...how horrible, I hadn't heard about that case, thanks for the post. Thank god she finally came forward and gave those families some answers. And your right, sometimes I need to get out of my own head and look at other stories and remember there is justice... I have my moments!.:)

I just moved several "kick the habit" support posts to the new Jury Room thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161024"]If you are missing a post, check here.[/ame]

Wait until the Government starts telling what you can and cannot eat. There are laws against trans fats, whats next?

I feel like going to McDonald's and lighting a cigarette in the lobby in protest! :furious:

I would never do that by the way.

But, when I was in High School (graduated 1997) you could smoke in the Burger King I worked at! Man those were the good old days! Ash trays and Whoppers! :floorlaugh:

ETA: 99 cent Whoppers at that!

I can't get in when I check there...too few posts or something?

Somethings wrong. I have a post I want to submit down there and it will not let me.

I fixed it. Sorry guys. I accidently "pushed the wrong button" and it messed up the link.

It should be working now.

I can't get in when I check there...too few posts or something?

April, let me know if you are still having problems getting in there. I don't think there are any restrictions re: low post count that would keep you from linking or posting in there.

If you are still having trouble, let me know and I will figure out a way to get you in.

Blanche Devereaux is the character on Golden Girls. I'm embarassed to admit I know that. :blushing:

OMGosh! You are so right. Talk about red faced :blushing:, that's exactly me right now. I loved watching the Golden Girls and to think all of them are gone now except 90 year old Betty White. And isn't she just something else. I just love her.

OT... little venting needed! I have been following the Venus Stewart trial on In Session (delayed).... Today was verdict day and the jurors found Doug guilty of 1st degree murder...(with no body!)
Anyway, I am watching Venus's family, mom, brother, aunt, grandparents, etc. come out of the courtroom, filled with so much emotion, thanks for the prosecutors, police, etc... They spoke to reporters and expressed their anger, sadness, and such towards the coward that took her life! And I had tears going down my face (crying like a baby), and ALL I could think about was Caylee's day in court... and how nobody in her family, nobody, shed a tear for HER after the verdict...there was no support from them, no promises to her that they would continue to fight for her, and do right by her memory. Nope. Nada. It was about little miss kc with them!
Watching all this also got me so outraged, again, with the jurors! That's all I thought about during the verdict today, was how this jury got it right, without the who, the why, the blah blah blah!!!
I'm still amazed at how this case still gets my blood pumping, and I wonder if I'm just doomed to a life of getting angry every time I hear the word jury, verdict, reasonable doubt, etc...
Geesh, I wish there could be some closure in this. Karma needs to come fast!

K... glad I got that off my chest! And glad Venus got justice!

I'm so glad you brought this trial up. I followed it too. And felt exactly like you. OCA's jury wanted to know how Caylee died, Strewart's jury didn't even have skeletal remains and they got it so right. However, Stewart's jury got to see and hear about phone records. And yet again OCA's jury got to see and hear OCA's own video's and voice but still didn't see or hear the coldness she exzuded. IDK???? I swear I'll never get over this injustice to Caylee even if karma does comes, but I can hope that it will ease some of the pain I feel.

Venting...The woman who faked her own kidnapping (she went to Disney World actually)
has been sentenced to EIGHT years in prison plus $1 million in restitution.

Now how much time did KC spend for killing her daughter in cold blood and accusing everyone else? I just can't get over how the Defense did whatever they wanted during trial and got away too. Madness.

Here is a link to the "Stop smoking in honor of Caylee" thread in the jury room. All members are welcome to come aboard and help our friends who are wishing to quit smoking.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161024"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

OMGosh! You are so right. Talk about red faced :blushing:, that's exactly me right now. I loved watching the Golden Girls and to think all of them are gone now except 90 year old Betty White. And isn't she just something else. I just love her.

I'm embarrased to admit that I'd never seen an episode of Golden Girls till today, till you mentioned it. I'm not from the States though so I hope I'm forgiven!

I did watch a couple of episodes earlier today and I'm hooked. I'm going to watch many more. :)

On a less heart-warming subject I had a dream about KC last night. I think she was trying to strangle me or something and kept saying "This is all I want, this is all I want" Then I wake up and get this ok? I'm completely scared even though I know it was a dream. It's about 3 a.m. and the phone suddenly rings once and the cell phone light flashes. Oh man I was ready to scream thinking of K.C.

Maybe I need to move on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member