Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This cracks me up because the appeal is for lying, for which she has already served time. So what in Hades is she so afraid of? It's not like she would go back to jail. Unbelievable. I know it's her right, but still. The right seems to be absurdly used in this instance.

I agree. By the time she's off of probation it will all be said and done and she will still be a convicted felon. IDK, it just seems redundit to me.

I use a Nook when I'm not on a desktop at work (or home which is rare). I have found for what I do on the internet, I don't need a laptop. I look in on Facebook, WS, Twitter, news blogs, etc. and that's all I need these days. So my Nook Tables was $299 and I love it. Although I am an Amazon Kindle gal at heart.

Oh my God the Changing Your Mind thread...*sits on hands* *sits on hands* *sits on hands*

LOL - why do you think I am also lurking in here - sitting on hands and mumbling to self - I will not lose my temper, I will not lose my temper...:what:

I felt the need and my fingers got away from me, but then I was able stop myself and regain control.

wrong.jpg

:computer: over here with my :cupcake: and my :coffeecup:

This cracks me up because the appeal is for lying, for which she has already served time. So what in Hades is she so afraid of? It's not like she would go back to jail. Unbelievable. I know it's her right, but still. The right seems to be absurdly used in this instance.

I have tried to imagine why they would appeal the lying convictions to have them reduced to one huge lie rather than a bunch of lies. I thought it might have something to do with reducing the fine, but the fine of $4,000 going down to $1,000 makes no sense as $4K is a pittance compared to what KC owes the state and county.

I might understand an appeal to have all four convictions overturned, but to go for a reduction from four lies to one really is weird. So, maybe their real purpose for appeal is to have her exonerated of all lying convictions?

I have tried to imagine why they would appeal the lying convictions to have them reduced to one huge lie rather than a bunch of lies. I thought it might have something to do with reducing the fine, but the fine of $4,000 going down to $1,000 makes no sense as $4K is a pittance compared to what KC owes the state and county.

I might understand an appeal to have all four convictions overturned, but to go for a reduction from four lies to one really is weird. So, maybe their real purpose for appeal is to have her exonerated of all lying convictions?

(Just finishing your last sentence for you) exonerated of all lying convictions, as hard as that concept is to even imagine.....:innocent:

(Just finishing your last sentence for you) exonerated of all lying convictions, as hard as that concept is to even imagine.....:innocent:

heh heh heh...maybe they filed the appeal just to be inciteful. :woohoo:

Call me simple but I don't understand how you can appeal a conviction for lying when you have admitted lying in open court before an audience of millions :innocent:

Not exonerated--but to get a new trial. No one ever said that the appeal was to reduce 4 lies to 1 lie. That was the only argument made regarding the SENTENCING, but regarding the VERDICT there were other issues preserved for appeal, including the Miranda warning issue.

Not exonerated--but to get a new trial. No one ever said that the appeal was to reduce 4 lies to 1 lie. That was the only argument made regarding the SENTENCING, but regarding the VERDICT there were other issues preserved for appeal, including the Miranda warning issue.

OY VEY...so if the conviction is overturned on appeal....she will not even be a convicted felon anymore? What the heck are we gonna call her if not FCA???
Oh wait......I've got a suggestion................................

OY VEY...so if the conviction is overturned on appeal....she will not even be a convicted felon anymore? What the heck are we gonna call her if not FCA???

No, she'd still have the check fraud convictions on her record. :)

She will still be a convicted felon, for the check charges. The appeal is about her lying convictions...and those were misdemeanors.

IDK, I find it a bit weird that they are appealing these misdemeanors. The jail time was served so it is not like they are trying to get her out of incarceration. The fines still stand but this appeal process has to be costing a lot more than the total of the fines on the four convictions.

There must be a method to their madness; I just am not seeing it yet.

Thank you. Another misunderstanding of the facts on my part.

do you have any insight into why she might want that?

I'm just saying if it was me, I'd count myself blessed as fork and move along in life....

...because it would never BE me, because I have shame, decency, empathy, a soul, 2 living kids, etc, I just dont see what it would accomplish for her if she got a new trial because call me stupid, or an optimist or what, but she'd be convicted again I am pretty sure, even the pinellas 12 wouldnt let her pull that one...

...okay, the miranda warning...that made it through before and probably will again, okay, say they throw the whole lot out so as to forget offender anthony in FL forever....she still "wins" nothing but the fees....

...oh wait. arent ALL those fees to OCSO for the lies? the 117k and all that?

now I think I get it?

She will still be a convicted felon, for the check charges. The appeal is about her lying convictions...and those were misdemeanors.

IDK, I find it a bit weird that they are appealing these misdemeanors. The jail time was served so it is not like they are trying to get her out of incarceration. The fines still stand but this appeal process has to be costing a lot more than the total of the fines on the four convictions.

There must be a method to their madness; I just am not seeing it yet.
All very good points. Why do you think she is appealing then? The more I think about it the less sense it makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks