GUILTY FL - Gloria Helfrich, 67, brutally murdered, Lake Wales, 6 Feb 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/0...bbing-grandmother-over-0-times-to-make-uncle/

LAKE WALES, Fla. – A Florida teenager was charged Wednesday with murdering his grandmother by stabbing her 93 times and shooting her in the head with a crossbow.

Jasper Aristotle Smiddie, 19, confessed to stabbing his grandmother, 67-year-old Gloria Helfrich, shooting her in the head with a crossbow and beating her with a pipe wrench, MyFoxTampaBay.com reports.

He reportedly told investigators that he "blacked out and woke up two hours later with blood all over his hands and his grandmother," FOX 13 reports.

Authorities say Smiddie decided to kill his grandmother to make his uncle suffer. They say he originally plotted to kill his uncle, but decided to kill Helfrich instead.

More at link....

Grandson claims he 'blacked out' and woke up in grandmother's blood

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/ne...ut'-and-woke-up-in-grandmother's-blood-020912

...........Judd said Smiddie told investigators that he killed his grandmother to "inflict as much pain as possible on his uncle."

"This is as bizarre a case as we've seen in a long time," Judd said.

The case came to light after Smiddie contacted his father, who lives in Tampa, Tuesday morning to tell him he killed Helfrich, according to the affidavit.
-------

Smiddie's father called police, and deputies went to Helfrich's home in Lake Wales to check on her.

They were greeted by Helfrich's son, Dustin, who said he thought Helfrich was at work. Deputies busted into Helfrich's bedroom, and found her body.

Judd said Dustin was "shocked beyond belief."

Judd said Smiddie was living with his grandmother because he was no longer welcome at his parents' house, and his grandmother was the only one who would take him in.

"She was rewarded by being brutally murdered by Jasper," Judd said.

More at link...

I think this kid needs a psyche evaluation, yesterday.

I do not think he's faking it, I think he's schizophrenic. He's at the exact age this often times develops.

Prayers for all involved. Horrible situation. :(

JMHO
fran

Horrid.

That's the only word that is coming to mind right now.

This boy I doubt will not be considered "insane" under the law. It said in the article that he blacked out and found blood on his hands. Later, he wanted to inflict pain on his uncle by killing his grandmother. This shows a conscious effort to conceal his actions.

To inflict the injuries that he did, he definitely had a kit if rage and hate as shown by the amount of stab wounds found. The choice of weapon shows he wanted to be "up close" to inflict damage (i.e.-knife), as opposed to a gun.

From January 2015:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20150109/NEWS/150109266

Jasper Smiddie pleaded guilty Friday to first-degree murder and robbery with a weapon. He faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the opportunity of release...

Smiddie had cooked a spaghetti dinner for his uncle Feb. 6, 2012, before they sat down and watched television. What Dustin Smiddie didn't know was that his mother's body was wrapped in a blanket in a locked room just a few feet away...

A friend told detectives Smiddie claimed to have been molested by a family member and blamed his uncle for allegedly not stopping the abuse, reports state.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back