Man Adopts Adult Girlfriend as Daughter

It seems to me that the new code of ethics is superiority of legal maneuvering rather than moral imperative or obligation.

I'm confused by the article. It quotes the plaintiffs (Wilson's parents) as claiming the adoption is an attempt to protect the trust fund, but it also says the judge had previously ruled the trust fund could not be considered as part of the defendant's estate.

But here's my question: if you adopt your girlfriend, don't any future sexual relations with her become incest, which is illegal?

No, since it's not a blood relation, plus mutual consent amongst adults.

No, since it's not a blood relation, plus mutual consent amongst adults.

So adopting parents can have sex with their children once those children reach the age of consent? I assume it rarely happens, but I find the idea that it's legal very disturbing.

The kids are NOT all right: Teen children of polo millionaire fighting his adoption of girlfriend, 42, to 'protect fortune'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-adoption-girlfriend-42-protect-fortune.html

His children are not too happy.

A good way for his children to get cut from his will or trust also. I can't see the courts allowing him to protect all his assets without trying to pull one over on the court by shielding his assets with his girlfriends adoption.

The man who was killed. Scott Wilson was a University of Central Florida graduate and was working as a civil engineer and 25 years old. So for a wrongful death, how much would Wilson be expected to earn over the course of his life? Will there be punitive as well as compensatory damages?

So adopting parents can have sex with their children once those children reach the age of consent? I assume it rarely happens, but I find the idea that it's legal very disturbing.

Woody Allen did it.

I stand corrected. Actually, he was never married to MF.

As a stepparent myself, I promise you that while I understood his actions were not illegal, they scored very high on my "ick" meter. (I understand that Allen wasn't technically Soon-Yi's stepparent, since he and Farrow weren't married. But he was close enough in my book.)

Rightly or wrongly, fairly or unfairly, I wasn't able to enjoy his movies again until he stopped starring in them. Since he always paired himself with a much younger girl/woman, it was just too close to real life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back