Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two great voices - Etta James and Whitney Houston - gone in the last few weeks. Both are now singing with the angels.

I just watched a video of her with RayJ like a few days ago. She looked fine.

The beast has won again. She had such a battle with drugs and lost. I watched her struggle, but her enablers were to weak. Rest well.

I wonder if the results will be cardiac arrest. Her heart just gave out. : (

I think that just may be it. I read she was found on the floor... an OD seems more likely to to occur in bed??? ~ maybe not

No more "waiting to exhale"... :cry:

Man... thinking back to high school days, the two artists I listened to the most ~gone
it's really depressing. = (
Such a beautiful woman!
RIP Whitney, may your troubled soul sing with the angels now.:innocent:

***Grammies to change drastically for tomorrow Jennifer Hudson to do tribute?

I was just reading this morning this story in the Daily Mail, and feeling bad for thinking, "Well, can't be long now."

Houston we have a problem... again! Whitney emerges from a nightclub looking extremely worse for wear

I actually don't think she looked too bad in these photos. She looked great on stage and good when she was saying goodbye to her fans. Lohan and Culkin look much, much worse, IMO and they are much younger.

They haven't said YET what the cause of death was---

I don't know what the death certificate will read, but crack cocaine killed Whitney Houston.

Yeah, it doesn't matter whether drugs show up in her system or not. She died of drugs. My uncle's heart basically exploded one day after decades of alcohol and drug use. Even if she was somewhat sober, years of drug use take a horrid toil on the body, destroying various systems, sometimes beyond repair.

She's right there with Marvin Gaye, singing this song. They both could bring it. Sung at Super Bowl XXV in 1991, it was released as a single and made it to #20 on the Billboard Hot 100, making her the only artist to turn the Anthem into a hit single.
Star Spangled Banner Whitney Houston - YouTube

I hadn't heard her sing in so long. This really shows her voice. She can actually sing. She was a real entertainer with showbiz facial expressions, and did not need to resort to nasty, sexual dance moves or "grandstanding" which I hate. That's when the voice does so many trills and other nonsense that you can't recognize the melody anymore. Here's an example: [ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2481854186128376661"]SNL- Star Spangled Banner[/ame].

ETA: The video is from SNL and is not meant to be serious, but you know what I mean. Whitney didn't do that. She was dignified.

That's what I'm guessing. Poor thing. She was so sweet.

omg what???!!!

I had the same reaction. Her music was not what I was into but she is such a part of my teen years. Just an icon, with real talent. Such a shame. Way, way too young.

I think this is likely it. TMZ is reporting that her mother spoke with her 30 minutes before she died and nothing seemed unusual.

What's sad is she was trying to bring her life back, she was trying to "Sing" again

The media in my mind was looking through the lens just to hound her

I'm so sorry Whitney you lost your strength, you will never know how many loved you....

RIP - so sad! :(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFeLlY7oJNc"]I'm Every Woman - Whitney Houston (album version) - YouTube[/ame]​

They are saying on Fox that she was found in the bathtub. She could have had a heart attack, an anerysm (sp?), or an arrithmia or even just fainted and hit her head. We will have to wait for the cause of death, but I agree...she did her body bad by doing drugs all those years. RIP Whitney.

I hated her sense of entitlement & apparent arrogance but I loved, loved, loved everything else about her.

rest peacefully Whitney

I hated her sense of entitlement & apparent arrogance but I loved, loved, loved everything else about her.

rest peacefully Whitney

That totally came from drug addiction, I think. It's common with drug addicts. I remember her as sweet before she got into that mess.

Saw this on Twitter; said to have been an impromptu performance at a Grammy event last night:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_yiCIow6fI"]Whitney Houston Grammys 2012 "Yes Jesus Loves Me" (Whitney's Final Performance) - YouTube[/ame]

I actually don't think she looked too bad in these photos. She looked great on stage and good when she was saying goodbye to her fans. Lohan and Culkin look much, much worse, IMO and they are much younger.

Yeah, it doesn't matter whether drugs show up in her system or not. She died of drugs. My uncle's heart basically exploded one day after decades of alcohol and drug use. Even if she was somewhat sober, years of drug use take a horrid toil on the body, destroying various systems, sometimes beyond repair.

ETA: The video is from SNL and is not meant to be serious, but you know what I mean. Whitney didn't do that. She was dignified.

So sad to hear about this, though not surprised. RIP Whitney.

As for that SNL video; I would like to hear Maya Rudolph really sing.
Minnie Ripperton was her mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member