Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I'm just saying...I'm one year younger than Whitney, and I have been known to appear bloated on occasion. Bloating happens. And I have flailed my arms and skipped around in a child like fashion when I'm happy. Quotes in the media like this just kill me.

I was thinking the same thing about the bloating comment....anyone who writes that (and I'm speaking of the news reporter, not the poster at WS) doesn't know much about pre-menopausal women in their late 40s! They're bloated most of the month! (Sorry if that's TMI for some!) Some of those photos and comments were pretty snarky, imo.

Some describe this " the greatest moment in television," others say, "the most electric moment in sports." Whichever it was, it was ALL Whitney. I saw, sorry no link, where people said this is the only time they'd heard people, players, talking about this rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, even AFTER the Super Bowl was over.

Whitney Houston at her finest.

RIP sweet lady,
fran
:rose:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1QmeEdFOSc"]Whitney Houston sings the National Anthem -- Star Spangled Banner - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not really interested in any of the mistakes she made in her life. Right now, I want to focus on remembering how much I loved her music in the 80s. It seemed that every time I got in the car and turned on the radio, one of her hits was playing. I loved singing along to 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' and 'The Greatest Love Of All', especially.

Even though I'm sad that she's gone, I'll always have her music and will remember her as she was in the early days of her career.

Just saw that Jennifer Hudson will do a tribute at the Grammy's tomorrow night. Found this video of Jennifer and Whitney (at another tribute to Whitney). Broke my heart.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2d-Thb9mPg"]Jennifer Hudson - "I Will Always Love You" - 2010 - (Live) - YouTube[/ame]

The beast has won again. She had such a battle with drugs and lost. I watched her struggle, but her enablers were to weak. Rest well.

She stated in many interviews that the beast was within herself -
she told Diane Sawyer that she and Bobby were more alike than people
thought - the pressures and responsibilities of her position proved more
than (anyone!) can hold up under. What a loss!

I thought this was really odd...could be family or friends of WH's:

BHScanner BHScanner

BEVERLY HILLS: BHFD/BHPD responding to Beverly Hilton on a 'person unconscious' on same floor as #WhitneyHouston death.

I think this is likely it. TMZ is reporting that her mother spoke with her 30 minutes before she died and nothing seemed unusual.

I almost agree with this - heart failure or something similar, brought on by
stress and years of hard addictions.

Cissy Houston talked to her at around 3:15.

Someone in the singer's party (her body guard?) called 911 at 3:45.

She was pronounced dead 10 minutes later.

Starting with page 5, the page format is totally out of wack -

if anyone has noticed - needs resetting.

Thanks.

I refreshed the page and posts seem to be in order. :smile:

How very sad news. It was a long time in coming. Hope her friends and family have all the strength they need. Her first album was one of the first cassettes I ever bought. She could have given the world of music so much more.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql7yGEZ0lWk"]Whitney Houston - One Moment In Time Grammy Awards Live - YouTube[/ame]
I want one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will feel
I will feel eternity

How horrendously sad that Bobbi was denied the chance to see her mother (understand, crime scene and all...not criticizing.)

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-death-bobbi-kristina-hotel-room/

Yet, the whole world gets to see her body being removed from the hotel room. :tears:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitn...-drowned-dead-dies-bathtub-body/#.TzeHnVHFmSo

I will never get used to that. Celebrity or not... photographing them carry a body out of a "scene" is just so wrong.
(I say that as a photographer... who has been at the scene when bodies have been carried out. I don't photograph it.)

How very sad. Tears filled my eyes when I heard the news earlier today.

It is so sad as we were all posting in the Jury Room Songs that touched us and Belinda was posting Whitney songs and then I heard she died as I was listening to her songs with such joy.

Whitney is an icon in her own right, a gift to the world of entertaining. She had a golden voice and class.

She will be missed internationally by so many.

My thoughts are with her family, and friends.

Whitney, Your world was in turmoil the last few years, I hope you can
now Rest in Peace.
Thank You Whitney for the gifts you have left us..

Rest Well
Good bye

Goz

I still can't believe it,I sing and she is and always will be my inspiration and my hero.

A flawless talent and imo the best female vocalist of our time gone too soon.

I feel for her poor daughter left without a mother,what makes it worse is there with probably me papparazzi following her every move now.

R.I.P Whitney....you will be sadly missed:(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

RIP Whitney. I hope those who love you so much find some comfort...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/12/showbiz/whitney-houston-death/?hpt=hp_c1

two loud thuds and and an urgent male voice heard by a record exec staying in the room above whitney just prior to arrival of emergency crews.

Two loud thuds? What would cause two loud thuds? Loud enough for the record exec in a room above could hear it? If someone faints/passes out, would that be heard from a hotel room above? And why two? Did she fall twice and the second one was fatal?

Wow. So many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member