Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
swampmama, her arrogance...imo, it's false pride to cover all the insecurities and the shame.

So very true... and so sad. I think that just admitting her problems would have won her so much more support and kinship among people who had suffered thru similar issues. In the end I feel she died feeling very much alone and that is really sad.

So today on The Talk a reporter from E! or Access Hollywood (sorry, can't remember which) was on as a guest to clear up some of the misinformation about Whitney's death. He stated that contrary to what has been reported that Whitney was found half in the bathtub and half out of the bathtub....NOT under the water like it has been reported thus far.

I found that especially interesting.

He also said that the alleged "blood" that was shown on her as she was leaving the bar the night before, after allegedly having got in an argument, was actually from a glass of red wine that was spilled when she was forced out of the club.

Also said was there were proven records that Whitney used drugs way before she met and married Bobby Brown.

Not sure if any of this has been reported here or discussed. :)

So today on The Talk a reporter from E! or Access Hollywood (sorry, can't remember which) was on as a guest to clear up some of the misinformation about Whitney's death. He stated that contrary to what has been reported that Whitney was found half in the bathtub and half out of the bathtub....NOT under the water like it has been reported thus far.

I found that especially interesting.

He also said that the alleged "blood" that was shown on her as she was leaving the bar the night before, after allegedly having got in an argument, was actually from a glass of red wine that was spilled when she was forced out of the club.

Also said was there were proven records that Whitney used drugs way before she met and married Bobby Brown.

Not sure if any of this has been reported here or discussed. :)

I heard the theory that it was red wine on her legs but i saw the pics and it looked to be too thick and dark to be red wine and i thought it was blood from a broken glass , maybe when wine was spilled. She also had scratches on her arm.

JMHO but when I saw the pics of dark liquid running down her legs I thought of body foundation or spray on tan. (yes african americans will use a spray on tan to even out the skintone :) as do dark latinas).

Since she doesn't look like she is wearing stockings or pantyhose at first glance, I assumed she had used a product to make her legs seem flawless. As she sweated or if a drink splashed on her then it would run. (you know the type you spray on and wash off I think Sally Hansen has some like that).

Just a thought I had, I could be way off base. Recently there were pictures of Christina A. with her spray on tan running down her bare legs too, I think it was at Etta James funeral or memorial? All JMHO.

She squander her gift along with over 250 million dollar,When I heard on the news she was someone to look up and admire I was stunned. I am so mad our flags will fly at half mass for her funeral ,that is an honor bestowed to Hero's.Not to be mean but she and she alone chose her path.She had it all.................I do feel for her daughter and I hope she follows a better path in life.Newark youth need positive role models and sadly Whitney does not make a positive role model.Before you throw tomatoes my hubby was born and raised in Newark in the 60's and it was bad then now its run by drug gangs.He was lucky to get out alive.Cissy sang with Elvis Presley so no I do not believe Whitney was ever poor.

She squander her gift along with over 250 million dollar,When I heard on the news she was someone to look up and admire I was stunned. I am so mad our flags will fly at half mass for her funeral ,that is an honor bestowed to Hero's.Not to be mean but she and she alone chose her path.She had it all.................I do feel for her daughter and I hope she follows a better path in life.Newark youth need positive role models and sadly Whitney does not make a positive role model.Before you throw tomatoes my hubby was born and raised in Newark in the 60's and it was bad then now its run by drug gangs.He was lucky to get out alive.Cissy sang with Elvis Presley so no I do not believe Whitney was ever poor.

No rotten tomatoes at all for you. I completely agree. I see NO reason for flags to be flown at half mast. Men who die in service of our country don't even get that honor. I guess I come off sounding like a meanie but I just don't feel her death was a huge deal or a huge loss. The huge loss was when she made the choice of drugs over her career, drugs over her child, etc.
She had it all, more than most people will ever have and she threw it away. I pray that her child can make thru this ok because Whitney had been using her child as her caregiver, Bobbi Kristina was having to take care of her mom and is no doubt devastated that she couldn't save her mother from herself.

Just a Thank you was not enough and I totally agree with your post.

On NG tonight a friend of Bobby Brown said Whitney was never supposed to be on "Being Bobby Brown" That she just showed up on the set.(she basically crashed the set: my words.) He also confirmed BB didn't do cocaine until after he met WH. NG didn't believe him.

Huh? I have only seen part of an episode on youtube, I never even knew the show existed before. Was it filmed in their home? I really don't know what is true with these celebs and shows saying someone close to someone said someone said.

I found some interesting youtube videos Joey Diaz talking about just how much and what kinds of drugs he was running for BB and WH. It was shocking due to the daily volume. On that I think both of them were doing any and everything they could get their hands on, each is equal in blame.

This is some scary stuff, shows that Clive Davis was really tired of his little star not making money hand over fist:

Whitney Houston's Vocal Coach Speaks to INSIDE EDITION

Catona last worked with Houston in 2010, when Houston was staging her big European comeback tour.

At the time, Catona didn't think Houston was ready but he says her mentor, Clive Davis rushed her back on stage.

"I got part of her voice back and all of a sudden she is on the road. I got three-quarters of her voice back and she does a record, but they never took it all the way," said Catona.

A spokesman for Davis said, he always had Whitney's best interest at heart.

more at link:

http://www.insideedition.com/news/7675/whitney-houstons-vocal-coach-speaks-to-inside-edition.aspx

...For a "created" star such as WH, where she did not come up with anything on her own, she just sang....

Whitney Houston "just sang" like Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand (with a few exceptions), Frank Sinatra, Aretha Franklin, Bing Crosby, Al Jolson, Rosemary Clooney and Elvis Presley "just sang".

I don't know what you mean by a "created" star; ALL stars are created by the contributions of agents, managers, publicists, make-up artists, et al., in addition to their own talents. Singing may technically be an "interpretive art" rather than a "creative art" (so is acting), but great singers are no less rare for the semantics.

I realize your point was that her estate wouldn't collect writer's royalties. We can't actually know this, BTW: many highly successful singers do negotiate contracts that allow them to share in the writer's royalties even though the singer isn't a writer; it stinks, if you ask me, but it's accepted in the music business. Presley and Sinatra often had such agreements and the argument is that the singer's fame and skill sell the song and help make royalty checks possible.

With the exception of the Dolly Parton song, I always thought Whitney Houston was quite a bit better than the material she sang, so there's no shame in her not having written it. Too bad she didn't live to do a classics album like Linda Ronstadt or Rod Stewart.

Huh? I have only seen part of an episode on youtube, I never even knew the show existed before. Was it filmed in their home? I really don't know what is true with these celebs and shows saying someone close to someone said someone said.

I found some interesting youtube videos Joey Diaz talking about just how much and what kinds of drugs he was running for BB and WH. It was shocking due to the daily volume. On that I think both of them were doing any and everything they could get their hands on, each is equal in blame.
Clive davis was NOT happy with Whitney being on the show
In fact, Clive was opposed to music superstar appearing on the series, where she popularized the phrase, "Hell to the no."

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/clive-davis-very-against-whitney-houston-doing-being-192246259.html

She did drugs... maybe they did kill her, but there are too many coincidences here for me to believe this was TOTALLY an accidental OD

No conspiracy theories here.
Her daughter had to be removed from a tub the day before her death.
There were clearly two meals in her room around the time of her death.
She died on the way to a party held where she was staying the day before the grammies.
A flat screen TV was trashed in her room
A man was heard yelling after two "booms" in the room at 3:30 pm yet Hotel security wasn't notified until 13 min later. (no one used a cell to call 911?)
Paramedics pronounced her which rarely happens unless lividity or rigor mortis has set in.
She placed herself on camera handing a "private" note to Brandy.
Her odd behavior that worried hotel guests
Speaking to her mother and her cousin shortly before her death
The last song she sang in public was "Jesus loves ME"
She was wanting to meet Jesus...
it's just too much to be random
moo

I watched WH in being Bobby brown. She was scary and rude. Not lady like at all! I stopped watching. I wonder if that was her true personality? I think that she had a premonition of dying. moo

Whitney Houston "just sang" like Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand (with a few exceptions), Frank Sinatra, Aretha Franklin, Bing Crosby, Al Jolson, Rosemary Clooney and Elvis Presley "just sang".

I don't know what you mean by a "created" star; ALL stars are created by the contributions of agents, managers, publicists, make-up artists, et al., in addition to their own talents. Singing may technically be an "interpretive art" rather than a "creative art" (so is acting), but great singers are no less rare for the semantics.

I realize your point was that her estate wouldn't collect writer's royalties. We can't actually know this, BTW: many highly successful singers do negotiate contracts that allow them to share in the writer's royalties even though the singer isn't a writer; it stinks, if you ask me, but it's accepted in the music business. Presley and Sinatra often had such agreements and the argument is that the singer's fame and skill sell the song and help make royalty checks possible.

With the exception of the Dolly Parton song, I always thought Whitney Houston was quite a bit better than the material she sang, so there's no shame in her not having written it. Too bad she didn't live to do a classics album like Linda Ronstadt or Rod Stewart.

I was just making the point that postmortem her daughter would not receive as much as MJ's children, that was part of the previous question in the thread. We don't know what her contracts state. Everything here is all speculation as we know nothing and celeb news is clearly very contradictory. Nothing in a celeb thread is to be taken as fact as there are none, unless it is a video of the person in question doing said issue, or copies of signed documents. Pure speculation.

I am aware of interpretive art and the many arenas it comes into play. That is not in question, nor the merit of her worth, which is subjective, as with any form of art.

I watched WH in being Bobby brown. She was scary and rude. Not lady like at all! I stopped watching. I wonder if that was her true personality? I think that she had a premonition of dying. moo

It seems to have been a big part of her personality. Just the few minutes I saw of her "crack is whack" interview with Diane Sawyer established that she could be quite arrogant. Then just before her death she got into an altercation with someone who was talking to her alleged boyfriend.

Apparently the young lady had been friends with him and his family for many many years but Whitney had been taking tequila shots and was in a foul mood. I know well how alcohol can turn a person into a rude, aggressive jerk. Here is the link to the details.

http://insideedition.com/news/7672/whitney-houstons-reported-jealous-rage-before-she-died.aspx

"Francis said, "Whitney came running over and said, 'You know Ray's my baby? Yeah, I'm a cougar, girl.' She put her hand in my face. She was screaming at me and called me a *****. I turned to look at her and she pushed my forehead and turned my face away. I grabbed her hand and said, 'Please don't do this. You're everything me. You're my idol, you're a legend.' "

Howard said, "Eyewitnesses had previously told us that this was a physical altercation. That Whitney shoved Stacy Francis," and that Francis didn't physically hit Houston.

When security guards pulled Houston away, she fell and cut her leg. That would explain the mysterious blood on Houston's leg. And when she left the club, she was still in a rage, cursing at photographers."

She also had an episode on an airplane where she refused to fasten her seatbelt and there was some sort of incident and the stewardess had to fasten it on her. Diva much?

http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/12/whitn...ed-off-flight-for-diva-behavior/#.Tz51xnmIpc4

"Multiple sources tell us ... Whitney boarded a flight in Atlanta Wednesday afternoon ... and when she settled into her seat, a crew member asked her to buckle up.

We're told Whitney refused and "got diva" on the crew member ... until another crew member came over and warned Houston that if she didn't buckle up, she would have to get off the plane.

Whitney eventually allowed one of the crew members to grab the buckle and fasten it for the singer -- and the plane was then cleared for takeoff. "

I've heard of many other incidents such as she had to be banned from Prince concerts for causing scenes and demanding things.

I'm just completely disgusted over the flag flying at half mast. That honor should be for fallen soldiers who gave their lives for our county and other highly respected Americans. Whitney was an entertainer, certainly not a role model or a great humanitarian who served our country.

Clive davis was NOT happy with Whitney being on the show
In fact, Clive was opposed to music superstar appearing on the series, where she popularized the phrase, "Hell to the no."

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/clive-davis-very-against-whitney-houston-doing-being-192246259.html

She did drugs... maybe they did kill her, but there are too many coincidences here for me to believe this was TOTALLY an accidental OD

No conspiracy theories here.
Her daughter had to be removed from a tub the day before her death.
There were clearly two meals in her room around the time of her death.
She died on the way to a party held where she was staying the day before the grammies.
A flat screen TV was trashed in her room
A man was heard yelling after two "booms" in the room at 3:30 pm yet Hotel security wasn't notified until 13 min later. (no one used a cell to call 911?)
Paramedics pronounced her which rarely happens unless lividity or rigor mortis has set in.
She placed herself on camera handing a "private" note to Brandy.
Her odd behavior that worried hotel guests
Speaking to her mother and her cousin shortly before her death
The last song she sang in public was "Jesus loves ME"
She was wanting to meet Jesus...
it's just too much to be random
moo

I agree, the daughter passing out in the tub clued me in to something is not right here first. With all the security and paranoia stars have, I am happy I never was, nor ever will be a star. Armored cars, fear of the $$ holders, security surrounding your home and you if you go outside, just too much for me.

Count down to the 15th photo at the link above w/WH sitting in back of car beside female in blue dress.

It looks as if the female beside her is searching for something in the handbag and as if WH is cleaning up the blood from her leg and about to apply a bandaid to it... Doesn't that look like it could be a bandaid in WH's hand in her lap???

Whatever she is doing her fine motor skills look pretty good here not nearly as 'ugly' and out of it as reported. Lots of the pictures are taken in motion...and anyone can have a poor picture taken with eyes half closed and sweaty even if they have consumed no hard drugs and are stone sober. Not that WH probably was stone sober...but I sincerely think that most of the photos being published of her in her last days are being exploited and colored with the most money making captions w/the intentions of showing her in the worst possible light rather than with any 'benefit of doubt'. For instance, the 16th photo, the one directly under this one... is suggested in a post here on WS's to look as if WH is in a seizure... or passed out or something... Take a look at her earrings...in that photo. They are dangle earrings and are moving outward away from her body as this photo appears to have captured WH in a freeze frame shot as she was getting into the car and with her body still in motion... Considering this...this photo doesn't look nearly as scary....IMHO. Was WH in trouble? Obviously. Is the media using every photo within their power to "create" a story that will make $$$ for them.... You know it! So I think we need to look more carefully at those photos and see if there aren't some obvious explainations...for what is happening in them, rather than what some see on the surface, at a glance. None of us look good 100% of the time... I guess we can all be thankful that unless you're a star who dies the night before the Grammy's most ALL of our own Bad photos are tossed into the trash... rather than exploited to look like something that they really aren't at all....

I guess you could say Dolly already gave Whitney the greatest song of her career and she profited handsomely, If it was me I would feel weird making money off of someone's death,

maybe I'd donate some of it to music programs for kids or something.

:eek:fftobed:

How is Dolly making money off someone's death? It's Dolly's song. Always was. Whitney made money off Dolly. If there is no money left then thats Whitneys fault.

Dolly Parton is known to be one of the most generous "celebrities" there is. I don't know how many jobs Dollywood provides to the poor community its located in, but it has to be thousands. I admire Dolly for building it. She didn't just donate a large some of money to some charity, she provided jobs for generations of families.

Dolly Parton said that in an interview before WH died. DP wrote the song and performs it herself. DP was paying a compliment to WH as the reason she made so much money is because WH sang the song so well so DP made a lot of money. That's the way it works. A musical artist writes successful songs and gets paid for doing it. :twocents:

ADDING ~ Honestly I can't imagine how anyone can be hostile toward Dolly. She is one of the most honest famous people I've
ever seen. She constantly pokes fun at herself and does a world of good for other people to include the creative idea she came up with to employ half of her family and town folk - Dollywood. I'm speechless that someone would drag her name, in a bad way, into WH's junk.

I couldn't agree with you more. Dolly wrote that song for Porter Wagner when she left his show. I'm a fan of Dolly because she is so honest. She has always joked about how much money she's made off Whitneys recording of HER song. She's always been very complimentary towards Whitney. Maybe she is contributing to Whitney's family, because thats how Dolly is, she has a huge heart.
But IMO Whitney was no Dolly

IF never heard Dolly sing I Will Always Love You, then go to YouTube and search for it. She sings it in a beautiful gentle way. There is a clip from The Grand Ole Opry where she is singing it directly to Porter Wagner that is just beautiful.

I'm intrigued by the note she slipped to Brandy, apparently she did it on camera and Brandy refuses to disclose the contents of the note. Hmmm

http://bossip.com/542880/whitney-ho...it-and-gets-emotional-reminiscing-video69691/

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-secret-note-to-singer-brandy-remain-mystery/

"On a Feb. 9 interview in Los Angeles, Brandy, fellow singer Monica and Clive Davis were conducting an interview with E! News when Houston approached the group.

According to E! host Ryan Seacrest, Houston “crashed” the interview to talk to Monica about swimming for “two hours a day. She also passed the note to Brandy and gave Davis a hug.

E! later asked Brandy what was in the note, but she declined to reveal it.

“I’m going to just not say what it was and just keep it to myself for my own personal reasons,” Brandy told the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff