State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-18 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
That's a strange comment - quite personal, too - saying you're not surrpised I didn't want to hear it.

I don't think I even know you or have shared many of my thoughts about the case with you.

Yep, it's my opinion MoonFlwr.
Not "personal" at all.
Just my observation reading your posts.

Yep, it's my opinion MoonFlwr.
Not "personal" at all.
Just my observation reading your posts.

What you said is a personal attack; you're questioning my
objectivity.

The statement "I'm not surprised" or "you didn't want to hear it"
calls my objectivity into question. . .

No amount of passive aggressiveness or bullying will convince me
that I heard specific words when I really heard nothing.

Speculation on my subconscious is a bit out of your jurisdiction Sheriff.

Audiologist here (speech pathology big part of curriculum). I was not expecting to hear "daddy did it" & certainly not clearly, given the speech patterns of a 2 1/2 y old & all the background noise. In addition, someone can "hear" something when that is what they are expecting. So, I was very skeptical before listening to the tape.

I heard "daddy did it" clearly at 05:02 (for what it's worth).

MoonFlwr, I would suggest you use the ignore feature for me.
Thank You.

I hear "Daddy"...followed by two more syllables. Those syllables could be anything.

I didn't follow the first trial, but I'm following this one.

I've listened and I hear, 'Daddy...' then something else said but it's not clear to me. However, I'm not a native English speaker, so perhaps it's just too quickly spoken for me to catch.

Well MoonFlwr, looks like you didn't want to hear it....not surprised.

BRW, I immediately heard it back in 12/2006 and I was never coached.
I agree with Moonflower and Poppy....
Just the Fax, it doesn't mean we are wrong when we don't necessarily hear what you did......or that any of us should be told "we didn't want to hear it."
We could very will think Jason is guilty and still not have heard what you did, or we (not me though) could think he is innocent based on the evidence.

You don't find it curious that these images have been manipulated?

I've noticed too that the images are manipulated. I've modified a couple in photoshop and can see that the color is definitely changed before I start my modifications. The original photos may be over-exposed so they're tweaked for that reason - not sure what has been done altogether. I would like to see the originals. I posted the left foot after tweaking color - much can be done to alter an image without distorting it, but it does change the image.

That made me pause, but I thought since she's a 2 yr old in daycare, biting would be something she dealt with probably often, if it was anything like my kids daycare experiences... I think it will depend on who is on that jury, as far as how the bite comment is interpreted. I'm not so sure if I would put that much weight into it, considering the source... I think when it comes to cy putting into words what she saw, I think the 2 words she chose (spanking and biting) were the words she could relate to when it comes to physical pain. I don't think strangled, bludgeoned, etc. are in her vocabulary or her life experiences...

yes I completely agree with you. With this type of play and words from a small child you have to use your critical thinking and see the forest for the trees.

Enhancing is not the same as editing or manipulating an image.

I don't know about that. If enough enhancing is done by someone that knows the software, the result can appear completely different than the original.

Just the Fax, it doesn't mean we are wrong when we don't necessarily hear what you did......or that any of us should be told "we didn't want to hear it."
We could very will think Jason is guilty and still not have heard what you did, or we (not me though) could think he is innocent based on the evidence.

I have never heard anything about "daddy did it" on the 911 tape. I've listened to it many times, from the first day it was released until now and I simply do not hear it. If I fill in some gaps and make a couple of assumptions, then I could say that I hear it ... but not otherwise ... and not if I believe Jason guilty, not if I question his guilt ... never.

I don't know about that. If enough enhancing is done by someone that knows the software, the result can appear completely different than the original.
BBM

Yes, because it's been enhanced, which can allow more detail. Enhancing the image is absolutely not the same, or even in the same ball park as manipulating and editing the image.

IMO

Is this JY? .. also, is there something stuck in the door handle in this image? #22

xom5c0.jpg

Hampton Inn surveillance photos
http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/image_gallery/9726666/

Great find Otto! It was making me crazy. I'll have to listen to the daycare teacher hearing again but IIRC she said white scrubs.

I listened again. She says "full scrubs." Not white scrubs.

Well at 2 years and 7 months these kids aren't always a barrel of conversation. One might expect an older child, 4 or more, if doing the same thing to say "Daddy is spanking mommy because..." However if a child that young had been in the presence of a trained child psychologist they might have asked her, "Who is spanking mommy?" That poor day care worker was probably horrified and in shock that the poor little girl had likely witnessed her mother being brutally murdered and didn't think to ask such a question.

I agree, Mama-cita -- I still think if CY had witnessed an outsider, a burglar, etc., hurting her mommy, her emphasis when she spoke would be on the bad man, not on her mommy, such as: "Bad man hurt mommy, bad man hurt mommy!"

Instead, she doesn't dwell on the person doing the bad thing, she sees it perhaps from a personal perspective that she may have experienced -- so she said, "Mommy being spanked for biting." It is obvious to me that although this scene upset her enough to act it out, she apparently didn't cry and or scream and appeal to the teacher in distress as I think she would have if a bad man had done it. Just a thought.

Sorry White Rain, I am not attacking the few that claim they did not hear what the vast majority of us heard. That sequence of the recording was the only portion deleted by the court....apparently there was a very serious issue.

At the end of the day, it was not admitted, so the jury will not have the same debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine