State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-18 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm pretty slow on the uptake. I don't see how the photo of the foot shows manipulation.

Edited, or edited to manipulate the information?

Youngleftfootmanipulation.jpg

Did they take a shot of his right foot or did the camera break after the first specimen.

All those blisters makes it look like JY had a run-in with some ill-sized footwear a few days before the shot.

Meet JY's feet, codenamed Frank and Lin.

Not manipulated. Enhanced so the injuries are clearly visible.

The image has not been altered at all. As a matter of fact, I can see the injuries without enhancement, but the enhanced photo just adds clarity. Nothing more; nothing less.

IMO

Also, there's no way I'm quoting those feet. Guys, I care for you, my sleuthing pals.

Did they take a shot of his right foot or did the camera break after the first specimen.

All those blisters makes it look like JY had a run-in with some ill-sized footwear a few days before the shot.

Meet JY's feet, codenamed Frank and Lin.

I've looked ... haven't found a right foot. It's likely that the only injury they really saw was the stubbed toe.

I've looked ... haven't found a right foot. It's likely that the only injury they really saw was the stubbed toe.

Agree, but they should have shot it. And measured his hands if they were measuring everything else. The blisters could speak to footwear issues but that should be based on seeing both feet.

The PT never pointed out blisters this trial....moot point.
They decided not to go there.

Not manipulated. Enhanced so the injuries are clearly visible.

The image has not been altered at all. As a matter of fact, I can see the injuries without enhancement, but the enhanced photo just adds clarity. Nothing more; nothing less.

IMO

Also, there's no way I'm quoting those feet. Guys, I care for you.

I don't know if those injuries are really there ... I enhanced red, yellow and green, dodged and burned, used the screen blending mode ... simply enhanced using available tools. The photo on the bottom - of the three I posted together - dodge tool used to further wash out the already over exposed image. The information in the edited images is different than what is available in the original ... in my opinion, I've manipulated the information.

those feet photos give me terrible flashbacks of what my daughter's feet looked like when she was busy playing soccer on 2 teams and playing basketball. All this for 12 yrs straight. I don't think her feet have yet recovered and she is in her 30s now.

Enhanced is what I see.

See what you can do with the west hall exit

Thanks!

I can't seem to find the original link ... if you have it handy, I'll tweak it ... gotta run out for a bit ... but will see if I can get any more info out of it.

Agree, but they should have shot it. And measured his hands if they were measuring everything else. The blisters could speak to footwear issues but that should be based on seeing both feet.

Exactly. I wondered if there the red marks on the top of the foot were caused by the shoe ... and the lines along the ankle appear to be from socks.

Can anyone tell me how it was decided that the Franklin brand shoes were purchased at Dollar General since other stores carry them also? Is this assumption or fact?

Ok, so manipulate and distort is what JY does with the facts; enhance is what the defense team does to try to make his stories sound better.

I would convict that foot of First Degree Nasty.

I don't know if those injuries are really there ... I enhanced red, yellow and green, dodged and burned, used the screen blending mode ... simply enhanced using available tools. The photo on the bottom - of the three I posted together - dodge tool used to further wash out the already over exposed image. The information in the edited images is different than what is available in the original ... in my opinion, I've manipulated the information.
No it isn't different.

The information is exactly the same. Obfuscating details via colour enhancement doesn't change the information in the photo, only the viewers perception may change. However, I did see the injuries after your enhancements, so IMO, they are really there.

At this point I must assume we're using the same words but we don't assign the same meaning to them, the result is talking past each other.

I accept it's probably a communication error on my end.

IMO

The question is whether a 2.5 year old clearly distinguishes between a male doll and a female doll ... and I'm not convinced that they do. Regarding the bite, I suspect that the child had some experience where she witnessed another child being spanked for biting ... could have been a friend, might be from daycare ... hard to say ... but I think she had some personal experience where biting resulted in spanking. I think she made that leap on her own.

2-3 years
At this age, young children are developing “gender identity.” This means that they begin to label themselves and others as male or female. They can use words to label friends, family, and themselves as a boy or a girl.

3-4 years
Children at this age begin to use “gender typing.” They like putting things in categories, and gender is one way to do that. For example, a three-year-old child may think that trucks are male toys, because boys usually play with trucks.

4-6 years
Children at this age begin to understand and use “gender scripts.” This is another way to put things in categories. Instead of grouping things, they put events or activities in groups related to gender. For example, a five-year-old child may think that a person putting on make-up has to be a female. That child may also think that only males lift weights, so everyone lifting weights must be a male.

6-7 years
Before this age, boys might think that they will grow up to be women. Girls might think they will be daddies when they are older. By age 6 or 7 though, most children understand and believe that a person’s gender is constant. They know it will not change throughout life. Most children this age also know that a man is still a man, even if he dresses like a woman.

http://www.ces.purdue.edu/providerparent/child growth-development/AgesStages.htm

The below link, starting pg 18, also suggests that child must be between 6-10 before they consistently correctly identify representations of gender.

http://infantlab.fiu.edu/Articles/Wild et al JECH 2000.pdf

The point to all of this is simple. Cassidy re-enacted what she saw happen in her home. She did this with two dolls, one she called mommy and the other she did not identify. On the 911 tape Meredith asked her "was anyone here" to which she responded Daddy. She NEVER, EVER has said a stranger, a boogey man, a scarey man. She has named NO ONE besides her mother and her father in any of her recorded talking and there has been no testimony except of her talking about her father. For the 100th time, no random killer is going to be so careful about getting blood anywhere else in that house except master bedroom, hallway and bath. And, since the killer did not get blood anywhere else in the house, it is no surprise that there is no blood in the suv. Jason would only have had blood spatter on him, he wouldn't have been drenched in blood, she bled out on the floor and bed after the beating. I also think he was covered up (gloves, sweater, baggy pants we saw in hotel video) and simply bagged all his clothes and shoes and towels he probably used to clean up and got rid of them somewhere on the way back to Hillsville. The timeline coincides perfectly with when Gracie says he was at her gas station. Got there at 5:30 am, it is an hours drive fromt here to Hampton Inn, and 6:30 is when the camera was tilted upwards towards the ceiling. That is not all the evidence by far, but pretty much most of the incriminating evidence against him.

Can anyone tell me how it was decided that the Franklin brand shoes were purchased at Dollar General since other stores carry them also? Is this assumption or fact?

pretty sure he said the Frankin version (more than one) of this shoe style was a Dollar General exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77