VT - Elusive emu remains on the lam after five weeeks

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Escaped emu on the loose in the Champlain Islands (wcax.com)
SOUTH HERO, Vt. - The Champlain Islands are buzzing over a wayward farm animal that escaped from its pen several weeks ago. But this is no ordinary farm animal. It's a 150-pound bird.

The elusive emu was sighted Friday morning at the local elementary school walking right by the principal's window.
---
The emu has been on the loose for about five weeks now, and has been spotted throughout Grand Isle and South Hero. The emu came from a farm in Grand Isle. The owner of the farm used to be a dairy farmer. He told us he got the emus for his grandchildren, but they don't make great pets.

"The Grand Isle farmer has posted an ad into the paper that has said, 'Free emu if you can capture it,'" said Tonya Poutry of the Islander Newspaper.
---
more, with video, at link above

lol....I can't wait for a certain someone to show up in this thread.... going to get popcorn now...

Well if they'd go over to Steely's house I'm sure they find their emu.

lol....I can't wait for a certain someone to show up in this thread.... going to get popcorn now...
Yep. Surprised S.D. didn't see this and post it. I dedicate the thread to his honor.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1LM-LhhBu8"]Emu on the Run - YouTube[/ame]

The Vermont emu has learned lessons from the unfortunate South Carolina emu, and is putting them into practice.

HMMMM, at the end of that video they said they weren't sure where he came from or where he had been, does that sound like anyone from around here.....:waitasec:

Thanks to Steely for this....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OC2LEFlvCs"]Emus Kung Fu Fighting - YouTube[/ame]

I am so glad Steely found his emu.... he can start taking down the "Missing Emu" signs now!

I knew he'd snap eventually :biggrin:

:razz:

Who do you mean? :dunno:

Yep. Surprised S.D. didn't see this and post it. I dedicate the thread to his honor.

:blushing:

HMMMM, at the end of that video they said they weren't sure where he came from or where he had been, does that sound like anyone from around here.....:waitasec:

Kimster? :waitasec:

I knew he'd snap eventually :biggrin:

:razz:

:maddening: WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!! :snooty:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I wonder if this Emu has run from the law before?

Crack me up LOL Those Emu's are phenom for sure. WOW, I never knew they had such personality. Perfectly suited to run in tandem with our Steely Dan. :seeya:

I wouldn't want to tangle with one of those, they're the freaks of the bird world!! :chicken:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back