Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really worry about her living for very long. Drugs are all she knows. :(
Bobbi Kristina isn't on drugs BUT headed to rehab immediately
after burial?
ok

"There was some confusion about Bobbi Kristina’s whereabouts last night for a short time, but she's OK,” a Houston family spokesperson told The Daily Beast. “She needed some time alone.” The spokesperson says Bobbi Kristina isn’t on drugs and is just emotionally fragile at this time. “She is going through a very hard time as you can expect.”

"Those close to the family say they expect Bobbi Kristina to be flown to a California rehab facility as soon as burial services are over"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...und-getting-high-after-whitney-s-funeral.html

I'm sure MSM will be reporting this tonight!

I really worry about her living for very long. Drugs are all she knows. :(

Also, from what my DD heard, Bobbi K feels incredibly guilty. She and her mom were going to 'get ready' for the Grammy party together in her mom's suite that afternoon. But first Bobbi went and hung out with some of her friends so by the time she came back to the hotel, her mom had just been found drowned. Bobbi feels like she should have been there. :frown:

after burial?
ok

After reading all these articles this week and watching old WH interviews, I have to think one of two things. Everyone is in denial or it is just spin to keep the media from spinning. WH sure was in denial for years! But was she? Drives me crazy!

This girl just needs help, they all know it, but they also know it is a long and difficult road with a sad and angry girl. I expect she will erupt as soon as the shock wears off. I hope she gets more than just rehab, she needs a really good psychologist and years of help. What a sad life.

Also, from what my DD heard, Bobbi K feels incredibly guilty. She and her mom were going to 'get ready' for the Grammy party together in her mom's suite that afternoon. But first Bobbi went and hung out with some of her friends so by the time she came back to the hotel, her mom had just been found drowned. Bobbi feels like she should have been there. :frown:

This is just so very much for someone so young and not well-grounded to deal with. How could she possibly be emotionally equipped to cope under these circumstances? It just feels so wrong to be witnessing this tragedy play out in front of our eyes and there seems to be nothing we can do to help save this child. I just feel so helpless and sad for her and the family.

I think her health is not so great too. So I understand that. I guess when she wouldn't really answer what song she would sing, she already knew she couldn't make it. It was an all day funeral too, her schedule may not have permitted. She did read a little poem based on Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star she wrote for Whitney. That may have been the best she could do at the time.

I was surprised how many older stars were there and were okay to sit all that time! I'm thinking medication times, meals, bathroom breaks (that would have been me), moving around for circulation, you name it.

A weird thought to have while watching such a moving service, but I wondered how they were sitting through all that without having to go to the bathroom. I went 3 or 4 times while watching it. It was over 3 hours. jmo

pc30.gif
Hi all,

I started a new thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163429"]Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 2[/ame]

after burial?
ok

"There was some confusion about Bobbi Kristina’s whereabouts last night for a short time, but she's OK,” a Houston family spokesperson told The Daily Beast. “She needed some time alone.” The spokesperson says Bobbi Kristina isn’t on drugs and is just emotionally fragile at this time. “She is going through a very hard time as you can expect.”

"Those close to the family say they expect Bobbi Kristina to be flown to a California rehab facility as soon as burial services are over"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...und-getting-high-after-whitney-s-funeral.html

It is all over the internet that she was getting high and that they did not find her until this morning right before they were leaving for the cemetery.

A weird thought to have while watching such a moving service, but I wondered how they were sitting through all that without having to go to the bathroom. I went 3 or 4 times while watching it. It was over 3 hours. jmo

That's why I thought of it. I missed a bit for going there myself a few times.

RIP Whitney... feel sad her life/death has to be riped apart for "public speculation" purposes...

When you think about it though, the progression of her life offers a study of what addiction can do to a life.

Whitney was a beautiful, talented young person whose early life was influenced by teachings she learned in church. She believed in God and knew right from wrong yet the drugs gave her something she liked more and, once she discovered them, she was unable to escape the hold they had over her. She said something interesting - something like if she couldn't do it (turn her life around?) with the love of her mother and Jesus, then she was going to go along with her destiny. It's almost as if she expected Jesus to wave a magic wand or something to get her out of the mess she was in.

Remember when Kevin Costner told the story about Whitney redoing her makeup using a thicker base that ran down her face under the hot lights - he was pointing out, in a gentle way, that Whitney had a headstrongness about her and that she was going to do it her way. He may have also been pointing out that Whitney was already relying on drugs to bolster her courage back then as she needed 20 minutes alone.

Whitney went to rehab several times and was taught the steps one has to take in order to get sober and the steps she'd have to follow to stay sober but she didn't do them and, as a result, she died. She knew that the odds were high that she could die if she continued using and drinking.

Because everyone admires her singing abilities and genuinely seems to like her, examining her life is like looking at the power of addiction in vivid color and the damage it can do to one's life. There is no way to write a happy ending but her life can be held up as an example to young people, who are in the beginning of the grips of addiction. Maybe Whitney will help encourage them make better choices before it's too late for them. Maybe even middle age peeps will pay attention because they are on borrowed time already if they are still into heavy drug use.

~ The Bodyguard is on Lifetime now ~

This is just so very much for someone so young and not well-grounded to deal with. How could she possibly be emotionally equipped to cope under these circumstances? It just feels so wrong to be witnessing this tragedy play out in front of our eyes and there seems to be nothing we can do to help save this child. I just feel so helpless and sad for her and the family.

Bobbi grew up feeling 'responsible' for her mom's welfare. She was known to keep track of her mom whenever she could and was always worried about her.
What a stressful situation for a little girl. But now she will feel lost, imo. Mom was her anchor, even though it was stressful and tumultuous.

I am not sure that Cissy's home is the best place for her though. Too much of a dysfunctional family dynamic going down there, imo. Too much sorrow and regret and pain, imo. :rose:

Oh boy, bf is not likin' this Whitney Houston weekend :)

There's a show about Whitney's last days, "Whitney", on E!. Its about halfway done (I'm DVRing it), but it is going to be on again.

I really get into the media coverage until her funeral, so I think it will catch me up.

OWN looks like they are going to be showing Oprah's interview with Whitney. I'm really interested in seeing that.

LOL My BF wasn't enjoying it either that's why we have 4 tv's.

I believe some posters have queried about Godmothers...just which persons were Whitney's, or her daughter's, and noting that there were more than one so designated.

For some, the 'title' comes later in a child's life, with or without any religious context, and there can be more than just one.

As well, one's husband may become Godfather by default, if you will, in some instances.

~jmo, based on personal experience~

Exactly. In her interview this week, Aretha Franklin said Houston called her "Aunt Ree". Obviously, Franklin wasn't Houston's aunt by birth or marriage; it was an honorary title assumed later in life.

after burial?
ok

She isnt on drugs but they are putting her in rehab?

Does that really make sense?

I think they are trying to cover for BK. They know she was raised solely by Whitney for the last four years.

IMO

I'm here to tell ya, Nova, Benzo's in the hands of an addict are just as destructive as crack, meth and alcohol. Benzo's are highly addictive

I know. I take them myself and once made the unfortunate decision to stop taking Xanax suddenly. One of the worst weekends of my life, certainly one of the sickest.

My point was just that some doctors do believe in switching drugs, gradually reducing dosages, etc., and such doctors are not necessarily quacks.

I can't offer an opinion on Houston's prescriptions. The number of different Benzos surprises me, but I have no experience with that degree of usage (nor with her history of street drugs).

Sounds like Cissy H is trying to blame everyone but WH. She was an adult and made her own decisions no one twisted her arm and forced her to drink and do drugs. Responsibility for ones self.

All things are pefect crystalline spheres, independent, isolated, entire of
themselves. Nothing is connected to anything. Space is a pure vacuum
aether. Nothing creates or created anything. Everything arises by itself,
and the Earth arose from the Immortal in the year 4012BC, at 2:30 in the
afternoon of Creation ... on a Tuesaday.

Therefore, never send to know for whom the bell tolls.
You are entirely the cause of yourself and your own universe,
and soley responsible to . . . ?

:truce:

RS

Bennett had his own drug issues before and now is on that absurd campaign. He needs to cut that crap and realize legalizing isn't going to stop drug related deaths. On my last nerve!

****sorry for the rant****

Legalization won't magically stop all drug-related deaths. The overwhelming majority of drug-related deaths NOW occur in reaction to legal, prescription drugs.

But legalization would stop the crime and deaths that result (in and out of prison) from criminalizing drug usage. (And it would stop criminal syndicates from profiting from drug sales.)

And it would allow at least some drug users to seek medical help without fearing that they would be put in prison for doing so.

I realize from your posts that you have seen the damage that hard drugs can do. I'm not denying that. But all that you witnessed took place while the drugs were banned, so obviously criminalization doesn't prevent drug deaths either.

Bennett is right. It's way past time we ended the madness that is the "War on Drugs".

I couldn't believe he said that. I think he must be having an onset of dementia maybe. He can't really believe what he said especially if as they are saying most of the drugs are prescribed, so they are legal. jmo

I'm sorry, but that's really offensive to suggest someone is suffering from dementia because you disagree with his political point of view.

Lots of people of all ages think drugs should be legal, not because they are harmless, but because making them illegal hasn't worked.

It's ironic that in the so-called "land of the free" we are so willing to put people in prison for doing anything we don't like.

:tears: :tears:

Whitney Houston’s mother, Cissy Houston, wrote a touching letter in her daughter’s funeral program thanking God for her “beautiful flower” and saying that she had a sense that Whitney would not “be with me long.”

“I never told you that when you were born, the Holy Spirit told me that you would not be with me long,” Cissy Houston wrote, according the Associated Press. “And I thank God for the beautiful flower he allowed me to raise and cherish for 48 years.”

“Rest, my baby girl, in peace,” the letter ends, signed “mommie.”

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...l-in-peace-20120218,0,2094639.story?track=rss

Sounds like Mommie had a few "issues" of her own!

Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member