PA - Dog rescuer investigated for animal abuse & bestiality

Missizzy

Reaction score
I loathe starting threads concerning bestiality but I simply cannot ignore these disturbing cases. Please be cautioned that this link contains a very unsettling footage.

I am a dog rescuer--of special needs dogs--and I have some theories here but the jury's out. If this woman has done nothing wrong, that should be determined through a full investigation.

Such lovely dogs.

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...ged-animal/pM0K0dK2lUGYdryc9FOcWA.cspx?rss=50

VIDEO INCLUDED: Investigation into alleged animal abuse and bestiality
February 23, 2012

"In a CBS 21 News exclusive, what you're about to see is shocking and disturbing video of alleged animal abuse and possible bestiality. A York County woman gave us the video she took, because she believes her neighbor is abusing some rescue dogs..."

and

"...This video, taken by SM of Manchester Township, shows her neighbor, Nena Wise hitting her dogs. It also looks like the woman is sodomizing the animals. All 8 dogs are rescue animals and two are blind..."

and

"...SM did go to the York SPCA with the video. A Humane Officer there told her they would investigate this. Again, another source does tell us tonight that this is also now a criminal investigation. Neighbors tell CBS 21 that they witness Wise doing this to her dogs twice a day, every day..."

More at link (plus video of the alleged abuse)

Tank goodness for her turning this sick freak in!

and the Humane officers that didn't kill him when they took the dogs.

I know I would lose it on someone like that!

What is the deal with dogs' anal glands? I know they are cleaned out for dog shows (don't get me started), but do they really require attention under normal circumstances?

I've owned dogs before and that isn't something we (or their vet) worried about.

What is the deal with dogs' anal glands? I know they are cleaned out for dog shows (don't get me started), but do they really require attention under normal circumstances?

I've owned dogs before and that isn't something we (or their vet) worried about.

Most of my dogs have never had a problem, when I was a kid we had 2 dogs though that has issues. 1 kept getting constant infections (long haired mutt) so eventually the vet just removed 1 of the glands. The other dog, a medium haired mutt, needed his expressed every other month or so. Also groomers do this anytime they groom a dog. I'm not sure how you'd sodomize a dog doing it though. I've had to do our cats a couple times and the glands when looking at the anus are at about 3 and 9/2 and 10 o clock. You can feel them, they feel kind like peas.

I own dogs (and show them too; sorry you think I am evil or something). About 15 years ago I had a rescue dog with an impacted anal gland. I had no idea what had happened, just came home to a very bloody dog. It required an emergency trip to the vet. The dog required surgery to fix it and these kind of incidents can get very infected. Professional groomers always express dog's anal glands to prevent this sort of thing from happening. A lot of people who show their dogs are professional groomers.

I do not think this is what this rescuer was doing. I think Missizzy's post above sounds the most plausible.

I had never heard of anal glands being manipulated in my life til I saw Mike Row tackle the task while doing a stint on dirty jobs as a dog groomer.

I have had dogs as pets my entire life and never, thankfully, had a dog who required any special attention by me to that area :eek:

That said, I just don't have enough info to judge from the heavily pixilated video. Glad to hear it is being checked out by folks far more qualified than I.

From what I can see on this video- the woman is taking care of a constipated dog.

I have had to do that before-however, I use latex gloves and lots of vaseline.

If she has recently rescued this dog-undoubtedly, the dog has had it's diet changed.

Two things can happen with new food. Diarrea, or constipation. I see absolutely NO sexual activity going on here. *Must be a slooooow news day.

I have certainly learned that there are sexual deviants out there. However, in this case-I think it's probably a nasty/nosy neighbor?

The gestures in the video I saw, seemed methodical. Not sexual. I cannot EVEN imagine-what someone videoing me would think of me with my dogs and horse?

LOL, I kiss, them, I hug them, I girl-handle them (especially my German Shepherd Puppy). *And yes! He even gets an erection, at times!

Why? Because he's "what we call whole" and I could probably breath on him and he'd get one.

What do I mean by "girl-handle"? I don't treat him as rough as my hubby does. I don't challange him like my hubby does. I just throw his toy and run around the backyard saying "I'm going to get your toy from you, Augie/Doggie".

All. Completely innocent, and sex free. *Except, my teenager boy dog-does not always think so".

Anyway. From the video, I don't see this woman doing anything, sexual to the dogs. JMO.:twocents:

There are better copies of the video on you tube. It appears she does the manual penitration to a few different dogs not just one on the longer versions of the video. It looks like abuse to me. Plus no gloves, no vaseline....no way.

Also the "lady" does not know the neighbors can see her, they say that in the video.

Well, once I watched all of it, not just the newscast snips which are very misleading, I don't think she is doing any horrid act. She clearly is not into animal sex at all. Where does that even come from? Geez. I think she is just trying to make the dogs poop by stimulating that area. Seriously, dogs don't have psychological issues about this sort of thing.

Huskies are an interesting breed - she can't just turn the rescues loose in the back yard because they will either dig out or go over a fence, even a 6 foot one, and then get hit by a car. So she has no choice but to walk them all on a lead. A huge problem with lots of rescue dogs - they aren't potty trained. So I think she is really trying to get them to learn to go outside. It is probably pretty frustrating for her.

I agree; slow news day and a big "to do" over nothing. I just worry about the dogs. I hope they weren't sent to a kill shelter and already killed.

They can use an invisable fence, I live in the country and use it on 2 of my dogs that want to chase cars in the road. You set the area and it works really well.

They can use an invisable fence, I live in the country and use it on 2 of my dogs that want to chase cars in the road. You set the area and it works really well.

Ok, I'm going to try to say this better...invisible fences do let other animals in. And they do work by an electrical zap. But honest, that is way better than having your dog get hit by a car. I agree with you that it does work, and I think in your situation it was the right thing.

I would not call this lady "rescuer of the year" or anything. I think she was probably too harsh and frustrated. I didn't like a lot of what I saw. But I also don't think this was a sex thing.

And I worry about the dogs...

Hmmm. I was under the impression that groomers could only empty the anal glands externally..without any sort of penetration. I've always thought that a vet was required to do that. That's why I asked to be taught.

Why didn't this owner explain what she was doing??? Wouldn't that have shut down all the allegations?

As long as you don't mind every Tom, Dick, and Harry coming in. And as long as you don't mind zapping your dogs with an electric shock.

They learn really quick, and learn after 1 or 2 shocks. It has a warning sound that tells the dog to move back, they only get shocked if they keep going. I say it's better than having them run over by a car. (or that lady sticking her hand up her dog's rectum to make them go- or whatever). No Tom, Dick's and Harry's mess with my dogs because they are indoors unless I let them out when I am home.

I have seen my mother express an infected anal gland, it looks nothing like what that person was doing.

Hmmm. I was under the impression that groomers could only empty the anal glands externally..without any sort of penetration. I've always thought that a vet was required to do that. That's why I asked to be taught.

Why didn't this owner explain what she was doing??? Wouldn't that have shut down all the allegations?

Hi Missizzy,

I love your screen name. My screen name is after a little rescue dog I had who was 15 pounds and we had for 16 years. Her name was "Say-D", but for some reason websleuths doesn't put the dash in there.

I don't think anyone thinks anymore that what she was doing was an anal gland thing. I have no idea about that stuff. I don't do it and don't care to; I'm not a professional groomer. The news reports I have seen all think this woman was trying to make the dogs poop. I think that is probably correct. Not a sex thing and certainly not rescuer of the year as she seemed pretty harsh at times with the dogs.

My big concern is that the dogs are ok. I just haven't found anywhere where the dogs are and if they are ok.

Someone on Facebook posted that Nena Wise is actually a man named Nevin Wilburt Wise who graduated from York Suburban High in 76..

That from the above Facebook link.

Someone on Facebook posted that Nena Wise is actually a man named Nevin Wilburt Wise who graduated from York Suburban High in 76..

That from the above Facebook link.

I haven't seen the FB page, but I instantly thought it was a transgendered person the second she started talking. I didn't say anything about it though, because I don't want to feed into any warped belief that gender confusion would have anything to do with the claim of possible beastiality.

But this could be why the neighbour has such an issue with Nena. Maybe the neighbour was watching for and expecting depravity?
JMO

Okay - I have never done this, never heard of this (my dogs aren't show dogs) and I'm never gonna do this - It is bad enough cleaning up after my puppy - NO WAY am I gonna make it happen..... :what::what::what:

Salem

Okay - I have never done this, never heard of this (my dogs aren't show dogs) and I'm never gonna do this - It is bad enough cleaning up after my puppy - NO WAY am I gonna make it happen..... :what::what::what:

Salem

Lmbo, you just made soda come out of my nose with that one.

Perhaps this case was investigated six months ago and found not to be what the neighbor assumes. It seems to be in the news suddenly because the neighbor, unhappy with the lack of action six months ago, has now gone to the local media.

I don't know, maybe a neighbor dispute gone too far as mentioned by butwhatif upthread . Think I will continue to wait and see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back