**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet they know. Non smokers can smell smoke on a smoker a mile away - or at least that was my experience when I was a smoker.

IMO

I know it sounds strange, but I have dated two different men that hated smoking, but told me they couldn't smell it on me. Hard to believe, but I have friends that if they smelled it they would tell me or ask me. lol

ETA--You know my trick and also lots of gum.

Standing right where? According to the witness that took the stand ( the one related to a friend of JY)- neither occupant was there. They both had been taken to the hospital.

Lets go ahead and complete the story.. Both JY and MY returned to the scene after being evaluated by medical staff at local hospital. The State Trooper interviewed the driver, JY, and requested info of accident. So in fact the State Trooper DID see and speak to JY and I am sure MY injected something in the questioning. If she did not deny having her seat belt on, I am going to assume she was wearing it. She and JY were in the vehicle, NO one else..

Thank you. No reason to believe any of the three. These are Jason's words.

I believe all 3 reasons, I don't know why Jason would lie about seeing a car accident months before?

Did he know back then, if his computer would show that he did a search for head trauma?

If so, why would he do one on his computer to begin with?

:confused:

Lets go ahead and complete the story.. Both JY and MY returned to the scene after being evaluated by medical staff at local hospital. The State Trooper interviewed the driver, JY, and requested info of accident. So in fact the State Trooper DID see and speak to JY and I am sure MY injected something in the questioning. If she did not deny having her seat belt on, I am going to assume she was wearing it. She and JY were in the vehicle, NO one else..

I don't know the details of the accident. Speed, damage, etc. but I do know that if there is an abrupt stop or if anything is hit with any force the seat belt will leave marks across the upper body. Leaves bruises.

Nothing else to say about it.
Results=accident.
Investigation=closed.

I hope the jury picked up on this, if they get the feeling the PT is trying to pull the wool over their eyes, make them feel gullible, it want be good for the PT. MOO

If the jury is paying attention, they should have raised their eyebrows when the accident officer got up on the stand and contradicted the rumor and gossip presented by the prosecution.

Speaking of Jay's many lies, how about the one about getting the computer charger out of his car so he could review the demo program before his meeting?

11:43pm someone accessing a website for the hampton inn and signing into their internet service.

11:44pm logged into yahoo.com email

scout.com - sports board could get scores. accboards

11:53pm last activity
no work related activity during this time

The "source" of all three tales, being Jason, the mute/liar/mute/take your pick.

Did anyone close to her verify that she was in fact drinking coffee at that time? The reason given for even being on that drive was to get coffee for Michelle. I'm surprised she would be drinking coffee since she was pregnant.

She was present when Jason gave information to the officer. She was a bright, well-educated young woman. She would know that she had a responsibility in ensuring that the information they, as a couple, reported was accurate.
Indeed she was but she is no fool. I have a son who is painfully honest.
His car slid off the road in a snowstorm. He went down an embankment and damaged a few rural mail boxes in the process. He walked home to get help. I called the police and met them at the scene. Many hours later the police asked him if he was wearing his seat belt and he said NO. When the cop issued his ticket he grinned and said .....I won't sanction you for not wearing a seat belt.

Speaking of Jay's many lies, how about the one about getting the computer charger out of his car so he could review the demo program before his meeting?

11:43pm someone accessing a website for the hampton inn and signing into their internet service.

Maybe he changed his mind.....

But as someone else stated they dont just look at if someone had a seat belt on.... There are a number of things they look at.... Troopers are trained in Crash Investigation and Enforcement.................

Very, very, trained. They have to testify in court often, always if there is a death.

So he changed his mind about doing work at midnight ... is that surprising?

If the jury is paying attention, they should have raised their eyebrows when the accident officer got up on the stand and contradicted the rumor and gossip presented by the prosecution.

How could you not be impressed with this guy with all of his medals ? This was not one of the PT's best moments. moo

Indeed she was but she is no fool. I have a son who is painfully honest.
His car slid off the road in a snowstorm. He went down an embankment and damaged a few rural mail boxes in the process. He walked home to get help. I called the police and met them at the scene. Many hours later the police asked him if he was wearing his seat belt and he said NO. When the cop issued his ticket he grinned and said .....I won't sanction you for not wearing a seat belt.

I'm surprised that so many people think it's okay to lie to an officer about the circumstances of an accident if it means saving themselves the cost of a $25 ticket ... truly surprised.

Did anyone close to her verify that she was in fact drinking coffee at that time? The reason given for even being on that drive was to get coffee for Michelle. I'm surprised she would be drinking coffee since she was pregnant.

I don't think so but her drinking coffee while pregnant doesn't raise red flags with me. Probably because I did so myself. I know a lot of people that still drank coffee while pregnant. Also, for all we know she could have been getting decaf.

What I find more surprising is that JY would make a special trip to get her coffee which is what I took PY's testimony to be saying (that MY did not like Gerald's coffee because it was too strong). He doesn't seem to come across to me as being that type of husband that would cater to her whim. Unless of course he wanted a coffee also.

IMO

I would more likely...if I was a juror... be asking myself, IF the guy couldn't have dressed up a tad more for the occasion.

The trooper was not related to one of JY's friends. The sherriff's deputy that was already on the scene when the trooper arrived is brother to one of JYs friends.

IMO and recall from trial testimony
Was he not the person that testified? The one in full dress regalia?

Vis a vis the accident: let's not forget his "friend" described him as a master manipulator who could show up late to the party and convince you that he wasn't really late.

So he changed his mind about doing work at midnight ... is that surprising?

No, it's not surprising that someone might change their mind.

However, it was not before the fact that he testified. It was after the fact so him changing his mind is not the circumstance.

He testified to what he did. His computer history does not support his testimony.

It has nothing to do with him changing his mind. It has everything to do with him not testifying truthfully about what he actually did do.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member