**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was different in the civil case that enabled the jury to find him responsible for the death?

There wasn't a trial. He did not respond to the lawsuit being filed so by default, he was found guilty.

He didn't even bother to file any response at all!!!

Hate to bring up the shoes again, but here in the hills o rural NC, folks will often cut off the top front toe area of their ol sneakers. I have also seen sides cut out as well for summer/gardening/farmin shoes. just sayin. Personally, I think he would be willing to put up with the discomfort. He was still so angry, SEETHING, with MY when he testified last year about the deleted phone message- 5 years later!

I've thought about that myself. Jason testified that he worked in the yard that day. Did they find any "yard shoes" in the house? Could that be where the dirt came from on the step that was mentioned in closing by the defense?

No no no not MM watching greys with MY but Shelly Shad....

I don't think he did entertain another woman in his bedroom at least that we heard about in this trial. CS and JY made love on the sofa downstairs while CY was in bed upstairs and MY was out of town.

OK I am confusing the girlfriends now! OR the beds!

There wasn't a trial. He did not respond to the lawsuit being filed so by default, he was found guilty.

He didn't even bother to file any response at all!!!

I wonder why. But I guess that fits with his behaviour after the crime. His not talking to LE, not taking the insurance money, not fighting for his daughter. It seems almost self destructive to me. jmo

Sure! IMO those kinda guys want what they can't have. It's all about the chase. He had printed out the e-bay pics but had he actually purchased the purse? If so why race to the house Fri am? The print outs were there all night thurs night. What made it sooo important for MF to go to the house FRI AM? Why did she feel the need to check on her sister? What did she know? Did she ever really say? I never heard it... ( but like I said I've only been following since MF took the stand)

But he had her... She was pregnant by him... Either he wanted her or he didn't..... Its been said he wanted out..... You said MF suggested the purse that night in Va when MY told him it was over... So how did he know about the purse to print anything .. Maybe Im misunderstanding you.... She didnt feel the need JY called her and asked her to get the printouts so MY didnt see them...

A girls night? It was just her and SS eating & watching GA.... They could have ruled MM fingerprints out..... And Im sure they did....

When did JY entertain another woman in their bedroom??

His wife was in NY for one or two weeks before he went to DW with his family.
Unemployed. Home alone.
Instead of asking WHEN he entertained another woman it might be better to ask HOW MANY women he entertained.
Talk about unknown fingerprints!

His wife was in NY for one or two weeks before he went to DW with his family.
Unemployed. Home alone.
Instead of asking WHEN he entertained another woman it might be better to ask HOW MANY women he entertained.
Talk about unknown fingerprints!

Did they say if the unidentified prints were male or female?

If he were really a sociopath, I wouldn't expect him to lose his cool and scream at Gracie at the gas station.

Yes, he is really a sociopath....textbook.
Not only that, they sometimes lose their cool and bludgeon people to death.

I have truly struggled with this case since I think JY is a real womanizing, immature, and shallow guy------I just simply don't understand why MY ever hooked up with him other than he is a very smooth operator. She should have never married him.

That said, the evidence in this case could have been potent. The very best evidence, Gracie, has credibility issues through no fault of her own. I think some of the blame lies on LE never trying to bolster her credibility. I simply don't buy that they did not have time to look through all of the footage for 60 days. Enough for Gracie, she is a remarkable woman, but her testimony for me has to be left out. The hotel events, while strange, do not point directly to JY as being absent during the night. The best evidence at the crime scene is the HP shoe, but it is not conclusive that his feet were in the shoes.

So here are the 3 best pieces of evidence for the PT: HP shoe, JY's adding additional life insurance coverage on MY, JY's past and present lack of respect and regard for women in his life.

The 3 best pieces of evidence for DT: Size 10 Franklin shoe, additional evidence at scene that points to additional individuals not identifiable by LE, CY did not identify him in her doll acting out at the Day Care Center even though she identified her mom.

I could actually add several additional pieces for the DT: Lack of the murder weapon, several eye witnesses citing unknown cars in the driveway (one identifying two individuals in the vehicle), tight window of time.

So if I were on the jury, I would vote NG of 1st degree even though I have strong doubt. For the record, If Gracie's identity could have been confirmed, I would be in the G side.

Thanks for suggesting this approach for sharing ideas without being snarky. To help know my background, I am multi-degreed, scientifically trained analytical, and taught to analyze more by proven facts than feelings. In spite of the snarkiness here sometimes, it is a real pleasure to share ideas with each of you. And, JTF, we do butt heads sometimes, but I truly admire your passion about this case.

If the size 10 franklins fit so well in JY's plan, why wouldn't he have worn them the entire time instead of also wearing shoes he could be traced to?[/QUOTE

Why did he decide to kill her in the first place?? He's not normal, so stop trying to pretend he thinks like a normal person. You're never going to understand why he did what he did.

But he had her... She was pregnant by him... Either he wanted her or he didn't..... Its been said he wanted out..... You said MF suggested the purse that night in Va when MY told him it was over... So how did he know about the purse to print anything .. Maybe Im misunderstanding you.... She didnt feel the need JY called her and asked her to get the printouts so MY didnt see them...
I'm sorry=
From what I understood the "marital counselling" MF did with them for 4 hours included something about him ignoring the anniversary and I thought he had already printed them out some time earlier and just chosen to ignore it because he went to Florida. However I read SOMEWHERE that JY did decide to buy it for her after all on FRIDAY 11/3/06 and was calling MF to go over and hide it form her HIDE what IDK!!! Maybe he was going to have her place the order? According to him as of FRIDAY he was trying to work it out.:banghead:

If the size 10 franklins fit so well in JY's plan, why wouldn't he have worn them the entire time instead of also wearing shoes he could be traced to?[/QUOTE

Why did he decide to kill her in the first place?? He's not normal, so stop trying to pretend he thinks like a normal person. You're never going to understand why he did what he did.[/QUOTE]
BBM
None of us will...

Hate to bring up the shoes again, but here in the hills o rural NC, folks will often cut off the top front toe area of their ol sneakers. I have also seen sides cut out as well for summer/gardening/farmin shoes. just sayin. Personally, I think he would be willing to put up with the discomfort. He was still so angry, SEETHING, with MY when he testified last year about the deleted phone message- 5 years later!

Thanks for your input qtrmlr! Learn something new everyday.
I agree, JY is like no other, and probably was so mad he wouldn't
have noticed any pain lol

quote=fromageball;7660701]If the size 10 franklins fit so well in JY's plan, why wouldn't he have worn them the entire time instead of also wearing shoes he could be traced to?

Whoever killed MY (I am convinced it was JY) left the bloody scene of the bedroom and left no traces of blood anywhere else. So this person obviously cleaned themselves up, changed clothes and shoes, and bagged everything for disposal. I bet JY never knew how rare the HP shoes are or he would have picked another pair.

Makes perfect sense to me, and it must have at one time to the state, because they issued a search warrant for Michelle's Lexus thinking the very same thing, that CY had been taken from the home in her car........:eek:

You are 100% speculating as to why a search warrant was issued for the Lexus. I don't ever recall that LE believed that CY was taken from the home and they never put forth that they believed Michelle's car was used by the killer in the commission of the crime. Was there a possibility that JY hid evidence in the car? Yeah, so they're going to check it out.

I'm sorry=
From what I understood the "marital counselling" MF did with them for 4 hours included something about him ignoring the anniversary and I thought he had already printed them out some time earlier and just chosen to ignore it because he went to Florida. However I read SOMEWHERE that JY did decide to buy it for her after all on FRIDAY 11/3/06 and was calling MF to go over and hide it form her HIDE what IDK!!! Maybe he was going to have her place the order? According to him as of FRIDAY he was trying to work it out.:banghead:

I think you are really really confused about a lot of things in this case.

Exactly.

Just like the state trooper who investigated the accident. :wink:

Except the trooper didn't actually investigate anything except an "accident". He assumed it was just another typical accident for that particular area of the road.

You are 100% speculating as to why a search warrant was issued for the Lexus. I don't ever recall that LE believed that CY was taken from the home and they never put forth that they believed Michelle's car was used by the killer in the commission of the crime. Was there a possibility that JY hid evidence in the car? Yeah, so they're going to check it out.

Actually, that was the reason they wrote for executing the warrant. So, whether or not LEO actually thought it was a possibility, they put it in writing.

Ok so we went to the DG.... Hubby tried on a 10 and just as we thought... Did not work.. Oh he could slip his foot in but the heel was hanging over a bit.... The shoe was tight also.... He could walk a min or 2 in the shoe but he said he didn't believe he could beat someone to death wearing a shoe like that.... Your foot would slip at some point during the beating and be in the blood... Oh yea the laces were undone a bit also... Im sure someone will find fault in what we did but oh well it is what it is... It proved my point!!!

I wanted to take pics and he said no way.... He did not even want to try the shoes on... He said he has no dog in the fight, but from what little bit he has read or heard he also thinks hes NG...

Now its been fun posting with ya'll for the past wk or so, but I need to really start getting back to work here... I got 3 fundraisers I need to get graphics done for... I'll still be around Cammy & fromageball, but just not as much...

Ok and others tried it and the foot fit into the smaller size. If someone really wants it to fit, it will fit, especially a sneaker.

Actually Cammy is correct... The warrant says In order to maintain the clean condition the child was discovered, removal from the scene would have been the simplest action...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member